Mechwarrior 5: Clans

49 replies to this topic

#41 Pyc_MadWolf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 169 posts
  • LocationSaint-Petersburg, Russia.

Posted 28 May 2024 - 10:56 AM

I found another website with a demo review. There is a part of the interview with Russ Bullock here. Some moments are shed on the narrative, its some tone with the internal conflict between the clansmen. It looks like you can't do without snot, but it's a pity...
https://gamerant.com...echs-explained/

#42 Pyc_MadWolf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 28 May 2024 - 11:07 PM

It's a shame that the campaign will be shown from the point of view of the antagonist, and not the Clans with their views. Plus, it is already clear that there will be internal conflicts. As I wrote earlier, there will be snot and whining against the background of the actions of the Clan, condemnation. I also didn't expect Russ Bullock to talk about the Smoke Jaguars as a sinister clan with mean deeds. As if Nova Cat aren't frostbitten or Great Houses are saints. They also did a lot of things during the succession wars and were more violent in military operations. It is believed that we will be shown a story about the traitorous hero of the Smoky Jaguars in the style of Trent. If all this is confirmed, I will make a refund and write a negative review. Fans of Clans and indeed fans of the universe are waiting for a normal story, not an internal conflict with condemnations. It's sad that we decided to go down this path.
This is not the way of the Clans.
https://www.sarna.ne...an_Smoke_Jaguar)

Edited by Pyc_MadWolf, 28 May 2024 - 11:51 PM.

#43 Pyc_MadWolf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 28 May 2024 - 11:32 PM

"For such an extremely hawkish Clan, this is more than the norm. For most of the other Clans, it is also quite normal. For the Sphere, in principle, too, but with one caveat - by that time they simply stupidly did not have warships and there was simply nothing to bombard. As they appeared (and when they were before), orbital bombing was also used, including with the use of weapons of mass destruction.

In general, such snotiness was to be expected - now it is a trend."

#44 Pyc_MadWolf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 13 June 2024 - 03:12 PM

Listen carefully to the melody at the beginning of the MW5: Clans trailer, where the commander calls the Clan. The sounds resemble the growling of wild cats. And in this video alone, there are already two Easter eggs for MW2: 31 Century Combat.

#45 Pyc_MadWolf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 13 June 2024 - 03:21 PM

Does everyone have a game page available in EGS?

#46 Pyc_MadWolf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 25 June 2024 - 05:28 AM

I wrote here that the trailer for the Smoky Jaguars carries a lot of references to the trailers of the MW2: 31 Century Combat campaigns, where the beginning is repeated one-on-one, but in relation to a new Clan.

All this fits into the roadmap, where it was indicated that MW2: 31 Century Combat (the most successful game in the series) was taken as a model for the creation of MW5: Clans. So, in the videos of the Jade Falcon and Wolf campaigns, first there are sounds imitating the falcon cry and howl of these predators. In the video of the Smoky Jaguar, we hear something like a growl. As they say, everything is for the veterans of the series and it's great! Nostalgia and very pleasant.

Edited by Pyc_MadWolf, 25 June 2024 - 05:29 AM.

#47 Pyc_MadWolf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 28 June 2024 - 02:09 AM

Podcast 233 - Russ Bullock - MWO, MW5 Mercs, MW5 Clans

#48 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,275 posts

Posted 28 June 2024 - 03:31 AM

View PostPyc_MadWolf, on 28 June 2024 - 02:09 AM, said:

Podcast 233 - Russ Bullock - MWO, MW5 Mercs, MW5 Clans

Thanks for the link.

Really interesting stuff.

#49 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,275 posts

Posted 28 June 2024 - 05:35 AM

Khan Leo Showers (calm)

Posted Image

Khan Leo Showers (not so calm)

Posted Image

I can not wait to play MechWarrior 5: Clans.

#50 Pyc_MadWolf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 05 July 2024 - 11:27 PM

I highly recommend reading Chris Lowrey interview. There is a lot of interesting and useful information. I am glad that the developers think adequately and sensibly about things, they approached the matter objectively. It is very well said why Smoky Jaguars, the general theme of the campaign is what it looks like and much more.
https://www.sarna.ne...r-chris-lowrey/

8 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 8 guests, 0 anonymous users