• The Seraph
  • The Seraph
  • 506 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 22 April 2024 - 11:52 PM

View PostAidan Crenshaw, on 22 April 2024 - 11:04 PM, said:

I'm pretty sure it has.

Posted Image

but I must correct myself, 1t ammo is already taxing on the armour.

Oh I missed that. Thanks. I might buy it because of those.

Also I accidentally used cUAC5 when theorycrafting. 2 UAC5s is quite rough even with the 400% ammo quirks. Even UAC20 will have little space for backups.

#23 Aidan Crenshaw

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,614 posts

Posted 22 April 2024 - 11:54 PM

View PostSamziel, on 22 April 2024 - 11:52 PM, said:

Oh I missed that. Thanks. I might buy it because of those.

Also I accidentally used cUAC5 when theorycrafting. 2 UAC5s is quite rough even with the 400% ammo quirks. Even UAC20 will have little space for backups.

Hence the gigaquirks.

#24 Samziel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seraph
  • The Seraph
  • 506 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 23 April 2024 - 12:13 AM

View PostAidan Crenshaw, on 22 April 2024 - 11:54 PM, said:

Hence the gigaquirks.

Yeah it would be a$$ without. The laser quirks are also leaving me wanting more. Quirks for big lasers would've been appreciated since you cant really boat them with MLs. Or velocity for PPCs. I know they are careful about not releasing OP stuff after Scattershot but that drama was way overblown.

#25 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,796 posts

Posted 23 April 2024 - 12:54 AM

why dont you buy the mech and see how much win you actually get. its really a novelty tax.

if its another $40 pack il wait for cbills, got tons of mechbays and cbills im not using.

Edited by LordNothing, 23 April 2024 - 12:55 AM.

#26 LapisMaddog

• PipPip
  • Cadet
  • 21 posts

Posted 23 April 2024 - 01:44 AM

View PostAidan Crenshaw, on 22 April 2024 - 11:33 PM, said:

That's on you for getting creative Posted Image
BHKU

Sorry my bad I thought it would have been so8, though also that build isn't very strong its low dps for a brawl dps heavy and it has velo desync and bad mounted arm ballistic and can jam and I doubt there is stronger build then the 2 Uac5

#27 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,252 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 23 April 2024 - 11:39 AM

View PostThunderbuddy, on 22 April 2024 - 05:49 PM, said:

+400% ammo, -60% cooldown and -50% jam chance on an omni mech? Am I not understanding this correctly?

BHKU-OC LEFT ARM
  • 1 ballistic
  • Armor +20
  • Ballistic ammo +200%(minus machinegun/magshot family)
  • Ballistic Cooldown -30%
  • UAC Jam Chance -25%

BHKU-OB RIGHT ARM
  • 1 ballistic
  • Armor +20
  • Ballistic ammo +200%(minus machinegun/magshot family)
  • Ballistic Cooldown -30%
  • UAC Jam Chance -25%

Tonnage limited, locked XL, locked JJs, no endo, no ferro, this is solely to incentivize using something other than red/green lasers. Not expecting something overpowered, but if it is they will tone it down. The energy configs are going to end up being more mainstream in the long run.

#28 Xetelian

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4,391 posts

Posted 23 April 2024 - 02:40 PM

This thing can do a few light/medium load outs

Mass of small/med
Low caliber AC
A couple of missiles

But not at the same time and very very little room or weight or pods to work with

If someone decided to give a mech gigaquirks, there is likely a reason they think it needs it

Millennials (myself) and GenX and Boomers are so overly concerned with whether or not any new mech or feature is P2W that they jump at shadows

It has been 12 years my dudes, if they made a 20 energy 20 ballistic 20 missile cXXXL cXXL Gyro, XL Cockpit and effectively gave it a free no weight 400xl and 20 jump jets and ECM+MASC small light mech with massive armor and weapon quirks and free range and heat quirks too...we'd all still have as many losses as ever

Even if we bought it...

You can put another 20 armor on that RT or LT and I'll still find that anyone who bothers to hit R KNOWing you have an XL is a HUGE detriment

Edited by Xetelian, 23 April 2024 - 02:51 PM.

#29 LapisMaddog

• PipPip
  • Cadet
  • 21 posts

Posted 23 April 2024 - 07:41 PM

View PostXetelian, on 23 April 2024 - 02:40 PM, said:

This thing can do a few light/medium load outs

Mass of small/med
Low caliber AC
A couple of missiles

But not at the same time and very very little room or weight or pods to work with

If someone decided to give a mech gigaquirks, there is likely a reason they think it needs it

Millennials (myself) and GenX and Boomers are so overly concerned with whether or not any new mech or feature is P2W that they jump at shadows

It has been 12 years my dudes, if they made a 20 energy 20 ballistic 20 missile cXXXL cXXL Gyro, XL Cockpit and effectively gave it a free no weight 400xl and 20 jump jets and ECM+MASC small light mech with massive armor and weapon quirks and free range and heat quirks too...we'd all still have as many losses as ever

Even if we bought it...

You can put another 20 armor on that RT or LT and I'll still find that anyone who bothers to hit R KNOWing you have an XL is a HUGE detriment

XL Is fine I run XL on all my lights most my mediums and heavies if you can spread damage you can get away with XL on almost any mech

#30 RickySpanish

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,511 posts
  • LocationWubbing your comrades

Posted 23 April 2024 - 08:04 PM

It seems DoA to me, forced IS-XL means absolutely no chance that any KU would survive a side torso loss. About the only good build on it is massed medium lasers. Nobody is going to run UACs since IS UACs weigh FAR too much and 2x UAC 5s is the absolute max you can do. Nobody ran ACs on the IV-4, so why would anyone do it on this pile of junk?

#31 LapisMaddog

• PipPip
  • Cadet
  • 21 posts

Posted 23 April 2024 - 08:14 PM

View PostRickySpanish, on 23 April 2024 - 08:04 PM, said:

It seems DoA to me, forced IS-XL means absolutely no chance that any KU would survive a side torso loss. About the only good build on it is massed medium lasers. Nobody is going to run UACs since IS UACs weigh FAR too much and 2x UAC 5s is the absolute max you can do. Nobody ran ACs on the IV-4, so why would anyone do it on this pile of junk?

The forced XL is fine it gets giga cooldown and ammo making Uacs kinda viable though still worse then other dps mechs it will get stronger quirks next patch cause afaik cauldron is making mechs/weapons a little worse then average on release and fixing it the next patch to avoid another hag situation

#32 Alex Morgaine

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,049 posts

Posted 23 April 2024 - 11:21 PM

eh, it gets IS omni mechs in the door, Its worth that at least. more if it performs adequate for 50 60 tons

#33 Alex Morgaine

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,049 posts

Posted 24 April 2024 - 12:09 AM

followup: both ballistic arms + lac2 x2 and 2 tons ammo = a pair of RAC5s that wont jam ever [i got it down to about .35 seconds cooldown]

#34 Alex Morgaine

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,049 posts

Posted 24 April 2024 - 12:24 AM

View PostRickySpanish, on 23 April 2024 - 08:04 PM, said:

2 matches in, lost a leg in one [survived] and got CT'd by a machine gun boat light second round. also: does IV-4 have sub 0.5 CD autocannons?

#35 Alex Morgaine

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,049 posts

Posted 24 April 2024 - 12:44 AM

ow. its legs melt. very fragile legs

#36 Wraith 1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 713 posts

Posted 24 April 2024 - 01:29 AM

It's very fragile, has terrible mount locations, and currently suffers from "shiny new mech, kill it!" syndrome. Once that last one goes away, it might be scary if you can play a little sneaky with it. I'm having a lot of fun with it, like a more extreme version of the CTF-4X.

#37 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,900 posts

Posted 24 April 2024 - 01:39 AM

View PostLordNothing, on 23 April 2024 - 12:54 AM, said:

why dont you buy the mech and see how much win you actually get. its really a novelty tax.

if its another $40 pack il wait for cbills, got tons of mechbays and cbills im not using.
Unless I have missed something, the Black Hawk-KU Mechpack costs $20.

#38 Alex Morgaine

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,049 posts

Posted 24 April 2024 - 01:46 AM

View Postmartian, on 24 April 2024 - 01:39 AM, said:

Unless I have missed something, the Black Hawk-KU Mechpack costs $20.

4 mechs, $20. yeah.

#39 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,614 posts

Posted 24 April 2024 - 01:46 AM

Regional Pricing on STeam
https://store.steamp...wkKu_Mech_Pack/

#40 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,900 posts

Posted 24 April 2024 - 01:52 AM

View PostAlex Morgaine, on 24 April 2024 - 01:46 AM, said:

4 mechs, $20. yeah.
Four 'Mechs ... the first Inner Sphere OmniMech in MWO ...

Since I have seen some Black Hawk-KUs in the game, I would say that some players probably find the price acceptable.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users