Watch The Mechwarrior 5: Clans Release Date Trailer Now!

64 replies to this topic

#21 Jep Jorgensson

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 559 posts
  • LocationWest Chicago, IL

Posted 09 June 2024 - 01:09 AM

View PostNoishkel Hauptman, on 08 June 2024 - 03:01 PM, said:

Yeah I say that myself. An authoritarian genetic supremacist warrior culture calling people they're attacking 'fascists' was kind of rich.

Personally I think we should ask the people of Turtle Bay their opinion of this.

View PostGasboy, on 08 June 2024 - 03:03 PM, said:

It's an age old stategy, dehumanize the enemy. They are just using words people would understand. I don't read much into it.

View Postmartian, on 08 June 2024 - 11:26 PM, said:

Just a propaganda, quite common in all political bodies of the BattleTech universe.

I am reading a BattleTech book in which one guy is described as "that fascist idiot". I really do not think that he carries the Partito Nazionale Fascista membership card in his pocket. Posted Image

They already thought of Spheroids as uncivilized barbarians--not that they were completely wrong about that--no need to dehumanize them past that. Besides,you dehumanize someone to make it easier to kill them and since when does a Clan warrior need to dehumanize someone in order to kill them? Furthermore, do you guys really think that they would even know what fascism was (most people cannot describe it)? Why would they? There were the Clans and everyone else were the barbarians..

Reminds me of when PGI first introduced the Sun Spider piloted by a Star Colonel that did not have a bloodname--which is impossible, btw. Really gives you the feeling that the people in charge totally know what they are doing, huh?

Call me a nitpicker if you must, but every time I hear them call the Combine fascists, it just takes me out the video.

Edited by Jep Jorgensson, 09 June 2024 - 01:10 AM.

#22 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,279 posts

Posted 09 June 2024 - 01:15 AM

View Post13Tradesman, on 08 June 2024 - 03:44 PM, said:

We also don't see the other side in the cut scenes...Theodore Kurita giving orders to fight tooth and nail to fend off the invading horde of Clan warriors.

When you were playing .. dunno ... MechWarrior 2: Ghost Bear's Legacy, you also played as a Clanner, with no special IS cut scenes.

Posted Image

In MechWarrior 5: Clans, you will simply play as a member of the Clan Smoke Jaguar and experience the Clan Invasion from the Clan perspective..

#23 Mooncube

Rookie

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 June 2024 - 01:47 AM

Wishlisted!

#24 The6thMessenger

• Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,104 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 09 June 2024 - 02:27 AM

View Postmartian, on 09 June 2024 - 01:15 AM, said:

In MechWarrior 5: Clans, you will simply play as a member of the Clan Smoke Jaguar and experience the Clan Invasion from the Clan perspective..

You mean a warcrimer?

#25 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,279 posts

Posted 09 June 2024 - 03:15 AM

View PostThe6thMessenger, on 09 June 2024 - 02:27 AM, said:

You mean a warcrimer?
In comparison with the horrors of the Succession Wars as fought by the IS Great houses, the Clan Operation Revival was actually pretty mild.

#26 Pyc_MadWolf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 176 posts
  • LocationSaint-Petersburg, Russia.

Posted 09 June 2024 - 07:16 AM

View PostPyc_MadWolf, on 09 June 2024 - 07:16 AM, said:

I really liked the trailer! It was incomparable, I'm shocked by what I saw! I did not expect such a level of quality and execution. PGI, you did a great job. We have done a lot of work and there is progress. Keep doing what you have planned and do not pay attention to the haters. In the video, the atmosphere and spirit of the Clans is felt like in MW2: 31 Century Combat. The commander's speech was excellent. Yes, the atrocities and crimes of the great houses during the wars of succession were much more terrible and not justified. They also carried out orbital and nuclear bombardments and destroyed many more people than the Clans. The Clans are they were more humane and had an explanation for everything.

I really liked the trailer! It was incomparable, I'm shocked by what I saw! I did not expect such a level of quality and execution. PGI, you did a great job. We have done a lot of work and there is progress. Keep doing what you have planned and do not pay attention to the haters. In the video, the atmosphere and spirit of the Clans is felt like in MW2: 31 Century Combat. The commander's speech was excellent. Yes, the atrocities and crimes of the great houses during the wars of succession were much more terrible and not justified. They also carried out orbital and nuclear bombardments and destroyed many more people than the Clans. The clans are they were more humane and had an explanation for everything.

Edited by Pyc_MadWolf, 09 June 2024 - 07:30 AM.

#27 Xoxim SC

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Universe
  • The Universe
  • 454 posts

Posted 09 June 2024 - 10:39 AM

Is there going to be a physical copy for consoles? Also would be a good opportunity to create a collectors edition!

#28 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,279 posts

Posted 09 June 2024 - 10:41 AM

View PostXoxim SC, on 09 June 2024 - 10:39 AM, said:

Is there going to be a physical copy for consoles?
Unknown.

View PostXoxim SC, on 09 June 2024 - 10:39 AM, said:

Also would be a good opportunity to create a collectors edition!
MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries had it.

#29 Steel Raven

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,379 posts

Posted 09 June 2024 - 12:27 PM

Honestly getting the vibe the story will have a "are we the baddies?" moment.

Edited by Steel Raven, 09 June 2024 - 04:08 PM.

#30 Void Angel

• The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,995 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 09 June 2024 - 12:33 PM

If anyone deserves that, it's the Clans...

#31 ShootterMcGavin

• PipPipPip
  • The Terror
  • The Terror
  • 75 posts
  • LocationSlam Diego, CA

Posted 09 June 2024 - 01:36 PM

Awesome

#32 Khale MacGregor

• PipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 58 posts

Posted 09 June 2024 - 05:14 PM

Wishlisted!

#33 Pyc_MadWolf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 09 June 2024 - 07:23 PM

On the wish list since September. I'm waiting for the pre-order!

#34 Pyc_MadWolf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 10 June 2024 - 04:13 AM

In general, you just need to take it for granted that there is no white and black in BattleTech, but only shades of gray and each faction has its own story. And naturally, all factions interpret their vision from their own point of view, and this is normal, ENT is like that. Playing for Clans on behalf of Clans. There is us and there is the enemy. The rest doesn't matter. You just have to play and not break your head. And there have been no games for the Clans for a long time (there were no games against the Inner Sphere at all), so you should be happy.

P.S.Again, this is just a game based on our favorite fictional universe and there has never been such a level of games.

Edited by Pyc_MadWolf, 10 June 2024 - 04:15 AM.

#35 Far Reach

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tracker
  • The Tracker
  • 145 posts

Posted 10 June 2024 - 04:44 AM

Hire devs with political lean? See it bleed through into their product.

#36 Davegt27

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,012 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 10 June 2024 - 05:33 AM

the video is less then 2 mins long, is there another video I am not seeing ??

#37 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,279 posts

Posted 10 June 2024 - 06:08 AM

View PostDavegt27, on 10 June 2024 - 05:33 AM, said:

the video is less then 2 mins long, is there another video I am not seeing ??

That 1:55 video is the video that this discussion is about.

#38 Pyc_MadWolf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 10 June 2024 - 07:51 AM

Have you noticed the drop ship Gazelle? And how does the Pulse Laser shoot? Now, according to the canon, a series of rays with a short interval between them.

Edited by Pyc_MadWolf, 10 June 2024 - 07:51 AM.

#39 Big-G

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 364 posts
  • LocationFormerly New Capetown, now Kikuyu - Lyran Alliance

Posted 10 June 2024 - 02:25 PM

This content is currently unavailable in your platform or region.

Can't wishlist on Epic from Australia... so guess not...

#40 simon1812

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 710 posts

Posted 10 June 2024 - 02:48 PM

Any chance of a demo version being released or a play for free weekend event like other games have done (on steam at least) It does look great but would love to see more footage showcasing more gameplay, and new features, if its going to be more of what we already had with MW5 but now with clan mechs and a bit more story telling, I think I will wait for MW6 or MWO2.

View PostFar Reach, on 10 June 2024 - 04:44 AM, said:

Hire devs with political lean? See it bleed through into their product.

...what do you mean?

Edited by simon1812, 10 June 2024 - 03:01 PM.

8 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 8 guests, 0 anonymous users