October Patch Leaks 2024 Discussion

64 replies to this topic

#1 Moadebe

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 296 posts

Posted 03 October 2024 - 09:15 AM

October Patch leaks thread can be found here ----> https://mwomercs.com...tch-leaks-2024/

I have made this post so that the community can discuss any "leaked" information about the upcoming October 22nd patch for MechWarrior Online. Please keep it civil. We ALL have a passion about this game and want to see it do well.

I will be keeping an eye on this thread for any talk about broken links, images, or w/e. This very much is still a learning experience, and I don't intend on stopping. The main purpose is for bridging the gap of information between the official forums and the official Cauldron feedback discord.

Cheers yall

#2 1453 R

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5,561 posts

Posted 03 October 2024 - 09:44 AM

"Grand Summoner cannot share omnipods with the regular Summoner"

And lo: Compies across the realms all groaned as one, and wallets fell closed throughout all of time and space.

But nah, the Grand Summoner honestly looks like tons of fun. Never thought we'd be seeing IJJ, the idea of jumpy-jets with some real JOMP to them is delightful. And frankly I'm not above feeling a skein of vindictive pleasure at seeing the One Jump Jet Meta sorts receive a firm middle finger in the retooling of Prime to P. I absolutely detest the "one jump jet is all you need!" nonsense and am thoroughly pleased to see it get the boot this time. The rest of the 'Mech looks interesting, with enough hardpoints to get the job done while still being a mobile, sturdy platform. Gonna have to get creative to make Double E builds with the full complement of eight IJJs work, but hecc if I don't intend to try. Double PAC/4s and Plasma Cannons in the arms, mebbe? I know the typical build will be E RT with extra weaponry in the left shoulder and frankly even that might prove Acceptably Jompy given the boosts to IJJs. Man, now I'm imagining a future in which IJJs are available to anything with jump hardpoints and we get some real Rocketman action going on. Vanishingly unlikely, but what a world that'd be.

10% cooldown hit on the Smolgauss is...about what I expected, really. I don't think it'll prove a big deal, and frankly I'm not sure if that's a good thing. If the hit isn't big enough we won't see any reduction in wailing and caterwauling about how bUsTeD the Smolgauss are, and they'll get hammered way harder next time. Bleh. This in conjunction with Streaks being Slightly Less Crap, gonna be a rough day to be a light 'mech a couple of patches down the line. Fully expecting the cooldown to be strung out to 2.5s or even 3s as we go simply because people cannot tolerate light 'Mechs actually being dangerous.

It is kinna funny; this patch is like a hand-delivered love letter to half my favorite-but-underutilized chassis. Black Lanners, Linebackers, Marauder IICs, even some thoroughly unexpected shine-ups on ancient, forgotten Kodiaks...they even washed the Crazy Glue out of the Bad Touch Bear's leg actuators so it can stand a remote chance of keeping up with modern MWO.

Honestly? Looking like a pretty great patch. Worth the extra month's wait.

Edited by 1453 R, 03 October 2024 - 09:44 AM.

#3 torsie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 255 posts
  • LocationLost in the snow :3

Posted 03 October 2024 - 09:49 AM

That MAD-IIC-D change makes me sad, I prefer mine with autocanons and now it is another boring sniper mech. Posted Image
Especially since it has ECM it will now be another hide and seek wall mech.

Streak changes, super interesting! Posted Image

Someone once mentioned something about machine guns being better, was that only rumour? That 0,2 seconds change on magshot will change nothing when you are already missing half of dropship. Machine guns want have some fun too. Posted Image

#4 1453 R

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5,561 posts

Posted 03 October 2024 - 10:48 AM

Think the MAD-IIC-D change was targeted less at autocannons and more at HAGS. I know I run mine with HAG-30s these days and if it gets the fights it wants it's an ender of lives and ruiner of souls. I do wish they would've given it somewhat bigger numbers for standard Gauss if they were gonna chop HAGs and autocannons out of its quirks, something like 15% cooldown/range in exchange for losing the ability to run non-Gauss ballistics, but eh. 'Mech is still pretty good, I don't know as Marauder IICs have ever been bad. Even the IIC-B is getting quirks that position it to make reasonably effective use of a pair of ATM-12s alongside a brace of plasma cannons or such, given the improved spread, velocity and range it's picking up alongside its existing cooldown. Gonna be taking over the meta? Not by a long shot. But in Mosh Queue it'll be better at doing the hybrid missile/energy thing it's supposed to be doing, which is fun for people that enjoy Meta-Noncompliant Hybrid-y Builds.

#5 Quicksilver Aberration

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 11,777 posts
  • LocationKansas City, MO

Posted 03 October 2024 - 11:49 AM

View Posttorsie, on 03 October 2024 - 09:49 AM, said:

That MAD-IIC-D change makes me sad, I prefer mine with autocanons and now it is another boring sniper mech. Posted Image
Especially since it has ECM it will now be another hide and seek wall mech.

That's the reason it got nerfed, because it was already being used like that (just with HAGs instead of normal Gauss).

#6 Waponiwoo

• PipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • 29 posts

Posted 03 October 2024 - 12:40 PM

i love and use mags/ap guass, and that 10% is not enough to change anything imo. 2.2s cooldown is still 0.91 dps ppfld at like 250 range for not much heat. compare that to mgs at 1dps facetime at half the range, or .85dps lmg facetime for little more range. only massive mg quirks get any mg use for those hardpoints. on the other side compre 10 to an ac20

streaks still not worth it to me. would love to have some use for them.

#7 DoucheNugg3t

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 31 posts
  • Locationbeyond the dune sea california

Posted 03 October 2024 - 01:27 PM

just make a Thor legendary mech, I would buy one right now

#8 w0qj

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,575 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 03 October 2024 - 02:11 PM

Sounds very good!

Many thanks for your time to let us know about this;
It almost sound like the official patch notes!! ;)

#9 Hawk819

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,692 posts
  • Location666 Werewolf Lane. Transylvania, Romania Ph#: Transylvania 6-5000

Posted 03 October 2024 - 03:11 PM

So no A or D variants for Thor II? Nice to have the E variant's torsos, but any chance we have the rest of the E variant? Or is that out of question? Cause I know it is. Just asking.

Edited by Hawk819, 03 October 2024 - 03:23 PM.

#10 Scarlet King Crab

• PipPip
  • The Divine
  • The Divine
  • 32 posts

Posted 03 October 2024 - 04:15 PM

God bless to those who buff King Crabs!
Agility bonus great! Vert and Horizontal angles, great as well!

The yaw and pitch rate buff is great.

One thing missing is maybe jump jets or even MASC. I'm joking but you never know... i'd buy instantly if a variant like that is released. My stealth Argent is kinda lonely. I only have 13 king crabs in my hangar, ha ha.

#11 Meep Meep

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,906 posts
  • LocationBehind You

Posted 03 October 2024 - 05:53 PM

I was wondering about what was up with the incubus. I kept seeing them now and then suddenly teleport around and was like is this some new hax?

#12 Hauptmann Keg Steiner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wrath
  • The Wrath
  • 291 posts

Posted 03 October 2024 - 07:07 PM

View PostScarlet King Crab, on 03 October 2024 - 04:15 PM, said:

God bless to those who buff King Crabs! Agility bonus great! Vert and Horizontal angles, great as well! The yaw and pitch rate buff is great. One thing missing is maybe jump jets or even MASC. I'm joking but you never know... i'd buy instantly if a variant like that is released. My stealth Argent is kinda lonely. I only have 13 king crabs in my hangar, ha ha.

The KGC-008 and -008B both have jump jets (and ECM); they'd just need to rip out the C3 gear and replace it with... something.

I don't think there's a MASC Crab, but the KGC-011 has a 400-rated engine and a Supercharger for going stupid fast. They'd have to replace a whole lot of things to make it MWO legal though (arm-mounted IS LB20Xs, Composite structure, XXL engine) but who knows.

#13 kalashnikity

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 618 posts

Posted 03 October 2024 - 08:20 PM

Where are you people seeing anything about streaks? I looked and could not see anything. What is changing?

#14 Moadebe

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 296 posts

Posted 03 October 2024 - 08:43 PM

View Postkalashnikity, on 03 October 2024 - 08:20 PM, said:

Where are you people seeing anything about streaks? I looked and could not see anything. What is changing?

First image. Weapon changes. Last entry.

#15 Meep Meep

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,906 posts
  • LocationBehind You

Posted 03 October 2024 - 09:56 PM

Streak changes are interesting but I would have preferred they targeted the legs at a higher percentage than the torsos. It's mainly an anti light system anyways and legging the little bastages is the best way to kill them.

#16 Scarlet King Crab

• PipPip
  • The Divine
  • The Divine
  • 32 posts

Posted 04 October 2024 - 01:57 AM

View PostHauptmann Keg Steiner, on 03 October 2024 - 07:07 PM, said:

The KGC-008 and -008B both have jump jets (and ECM); they'd just need to rip out the C3 gear and replace it with... something.

I don't think there's a MASC Crab, but the KGC-011 has a 400-rated engine and a Supercharger for going stupid fast. They'd have to replace a whole lot of things to make it MWO legal though (arm-mounted IS LB20Xs, Composite structure, XXL engine) but who knows.

Thanks for the info. My 55 alpha 61-63 kph KGC can already wreak havok at the frontlines, imagine mounting a 400-rated engine. [dual ac20 + 3 Lppc]

Looking forward to future variants.

#17 D V Devnull

• 4,299 posts

Posted 04 October 2024 - 03:57 AM

Here's a question for everyone, due to having not seen anything about this at all in those October 2024 Patch Leaks (which I'm thankful to 'Moadebe' for having posted, for whatever that happens to be worth) and what information is currently available from those... :o

I would like to ask... When will we see fixes for that Ebon Jaguar EBJ-B(S) Cauldron Appreciation Special Mech both in our hangar and across the battlefields? It is seriously not nice to have custom-colored such an interesting item, only to then find out other players are prevented from seeing what we configured. There's even a thread about this @ https://mwomercs.com/forums/topic/286961-new-ebon-jag-glitch/ which has been around since May 2024 to alert about the issue, albeit that the image there has unfortunately expired. :unsure:

For the note, it appears those changes to the Champion Chassis for that Apache Legendary have started causing issues as well on other Variants in their roster. Some of my reloads back into the MechLab (possibly all, having trouble with remembering because I have not run that Chassis for a few weeks now) have resulted in that Camo failing on initial load to show up properly. Before anyone asks, it so happens that I run a Repair Tool check with every single Monthly Patch in order to ensure a lack of corruption, and not had a failed Monthly Patch as of yet. This makes me wonder if the Phoenix Hawk has become adversely affected, given that addition of the Spectre Legendary to their own roster. Heck, that darned Black Knight "Red Reaper II" BL-X-KNT-2 Variant received a fix far faster than I'm seeing for either the EBJ-B(S) or entire Champion Chassis packages! :(

~D. V. "wondering when those Camo Bug fixes for things before October 2024 are coming" Devnull

(p.s.: If this particular thread is the wrong place to insert my question and query, then by all means do I advocate any available Moderator splitting my post out into a thread of its' own! Please avoid metaphorically biting my head off, seeing as I am already confused?)

#18 Moadebe

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 296 posts

Posted 04 October 2024 - 05:02 AM

View PostD V Devnull, on 04 October 2024 - 03:57 AM, said:

Here's a question for everyone, due to having not seen anything about this at all in those October 2024 Patch Leaks (which I'm thankful to 'Moadebe' for having posted, for whatever that happens to be worth) and what information is currently available from those... Posted Image

I DO appreciate the thanks. Lets me know that people do appreciate these posts, and I'm not just posting into the wind with these. So thank you for the thank you.

#19 BlueDevilspawn

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 113 posts

Posted 04 October 2024 - 06:55 AM

View PostHauptmann Keg Steiner, on 03 October 2024 - 07:07 PM, said:

View PostScarlet King Crab, on 04 October 2024 - 01:57 AM, said:

Thanks for the info. My 55 alpha 61-63 kph KGC can already wreak havok at the frontlines, imagine mounting a 400-rated engine. [dual ac20 + 3 Lppc]

Looking forward to future variants.

The Argent is the -008, modified. King Crabs don't have jump animations in MWO so the variant was modified and launched as a Legend.

View PostHawk819, on 03 October 2024 - 03:11 PM, said:

So no A or D variants for Thor II? Nice to have the E variant's torsos, but any chance we have the rest of the E variant? Or is that out of question? Cause I know it is. Just asking.

No A or D, at least for now. The use of normal JJs makes them potentially able to obsolete the current Summoner line and that's not something we want to do. The Grand Summoners are ground bound or require substantial investment into the E torsos.

As for the E itself, none at the moment but you can still run the stock E loadout by putting both torsos onto the variant with Energy CT. You'll have 12.5 tons of pod space.

#20 kalashnikity

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 618 posts

Posted 04 October 2024 - 07:58 AM

View PostMeep Meep, on 03 October 2024 - 09:56 PM, said:

Streak changes are interesting but I would have preferred they targeted the legs at a higher percentage than the torsos. It's mainly an anti light system anyways and legging the little bastages is the best way to kill them.

Indeed, I would rather streaks targets legs more on a light, this appears to be geared towards making streaks more viable vs bigger mechs.

Still, looks like a realistic change, and mechs like Piranha don't have much torso anyways. .

7 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users