227 replies to this topic

#221 Blaze32

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 428 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 10:46 AM

View PostHelmer, on 28 July 2012 - 01:27 PM, said:

All conjecture and guessing on the part of the OP. PGI has yet to release any information in regards how the Clans will be handled.

Let's put the horse before the cart.

No :D
Posted Image

#222 Dualscar

Rookie

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 12:13 AM

View PostBorias Zarkhan, on 01 February 2013 - 07:28 AM, said:

Just not to be trolled by the Clan haters and because i love Zelbrigen and the Clan rivalries i'd love to have 2 'servers' or 'settings'. One where the player plays the Inner Sphere and one where there is the Clan side of things pre invasion.
I'd also love for both servers to be open to players so that they can play both a clan pilot and an IS one.

But franky despite being a huge fan of the Falcons and Hellions... the game currently needs:

1) far more maps
2) a robust faction system that is tested and tried using the Houseas as a basis
3) far more mechs of the IS side. (5 More or so per weight class)

Then and only then the more complex aspect of the Clans should be introduced.

Woo! I hardly ever meet other players who actually like the Ice Hellions. I was very disappointed they weren't able to establish a foothold in the Falcon OZ in the '70s.

Anyway, I totally agree that the game needs more fleshing out before they add the Clans as playable factions. Though I would love to see dev-controlled Clan stars dropping into random games starting next month.

#223 ShamaelTheFallen

• PipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 71 posts
  • LocationMadrid, Nueva Castilla

Posted 27 February 2013 - 08:16 AM

View Postmaxx2504, on 29 July 2012 - 11:42 AM, said:

The problem is the Inner Sphere players are afraid of the Clan Mechs.

But...they could setup matches against IS like this:

5 vs 8
8 vs. 12
18 vs. 24

Imagine a Dire Wolf could destroy 3 Atlas in one match maybe Posted Image

maxx

I think that the better way to do this is for every clan mech the other group obtain 2 mechs (massing about the double of the clan mech) or 1 clan mech of the same model or mass

#224 Rejarial Galatan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4,312 posts
  • LocationOutter Periphery

Posted 15 March 2013 - 02:41 PM

here is the problem as it sits right now. it is march 15 2013 or 3050 depending on how you want to look at it. Clans invade in 5 days in Canon/Lore. PGI stated time is 1 to 1 with earth...so where are the clans? Will we see them in an update next week when we hit the 20th and they are just being silent about it to keep with canon or are they breaking yet another key tenet of Battle Tech Legacy, canon and lore and pushing that date out with no indication of when we will get them?

Edited by Rejarial Galatan, 15 March 2013 - 02:42 PM.

#225 Strum Wealh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 5,025 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 15 March 2013 - 05:16 PM

View PostRejarial Galatan, on 15 March 2013 - 02:41 PM, said:

here is the problem as it sits right now. it is march 15 2013 or 3050 depending on how you want to look at it. Clans invade in 5 days in Canon/Lore. PGI stated time is 1 to 1 with earth...so where are the clans? Will we see them in an update next week when we hit the 20th and they are just being silent about it to keep with canon or are they breaking yet another key tenet of Battle Tech Legacy, canon and lore and pushing that date out with no indication of when we will get them?

Ask the Devs 31 indicated that there would likely be an announcement in the next couple of months.

View PostBryan Ekman, on 08 February 2013 - 11:55 AM, said:

ThomasMarik - Since we are able to freely modify our mechs anyway; How are Omnimechs going to work?
A: At this point we are not ready to discuss Clan Technology. We are getting very close to a final design, so look forward to a more official announcement in April/May.

IIRC, there was mention in one of the NGNG podcasts of an August/September timeframe (which would put it in the middle, or toward the end, of Wave Four of the Invasion).

The Devs did say the Clans would be playable (and that they'd be fools not to monetize the stuffing out of the Mad Cat) - I'm fairly sure that they did not say that the Clans would be playable from the onset of the Invasion.
The Clans would be invading right now - we're just not hearing about it due to a news blackout at the ComStar-run ISN... :rolleyes:

Personally, I wouldn't count on the Clans being playable until the beginning of the Year of Peace (the period between the end of Wave Four (marked by the death of Leo Showers on Oct. 31, 3050) and the beginning of Wave Five (Oct./Nov. 3051)) at the earliest, but that's just my personal hunch... :)

#226 Rejarial Galatan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4,312 posts
  • LocationOutter Periphery

Posted 15 March 2013 - 08:24 PM

Hey Strum: Honestly, I would love to see SOME Clan action now, even if it is just in the form of conceptual screen shots of mechs like the beloved TIMBER WOLF <had to go with clan name being a fan of Clan Wolf XD > but, here is where I think they can screw up big. It has been about 18 years since the end of GBL in real time. THAT is the last time when we had a CLAN CENTERED game, or at the very least, using them as more than bogey men. I think it is safe to say, the majority of us are sick of waiting, and to be FORCED to wait nearly 2 MORE years <IF your hunch is right, and gods help us if it is> to suit up as clan while the dedicated players to the Innersphere get to tick off box after box after box on mech after mech after mech it is going to be so wildly unfair that, it will cause a FORCED split in the player base. IS on IS and Clans on Clans with no mixed matches for 2 years after that. OR they will have to give clan players significant freebies in terms of MC, XP and C-Bill <the latter IF applicable to clans> just to make things balance out. They gotta get them introduced faster or its gonna be bad for us all.

#227 Lefty McBoom

• Pip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 18 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 12:29 AM

I paid my 120.00 early on expecting to pilot a Mad Cat and if I have to pay another 120.00 to get it here this year I would gladly do so. That mech was my favorite to pilot in all the games I played and I signed up with my money to show the devs how thrilled I was to pilot it again after a long long wait. I appreciate the timeline and keeping loyal to the canon, but if giving you another 120.00 gets me my Mad Cat sooner, just tell me who to give my money to. If money talks, I'm serious. How much for how soon?

#228 TibsVT

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Commander
  • Star Commander
  • 421 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationIronhold (Sydney, Australia)

Posted 15 April 2013 - 02:20 AM

View PostLefty McBoom, on 15 April 2013 - 12:29 AM, said:

I paid my 120.00 early on expecting to pilot a Mad Cat and if I have to pay another 120.00 to get it here this year I would gladly do so. That mech was my favorite to pilot in all the games I played and I signed up with my money to show the devs how thrilled I was to pilot it again after a long long wait. I appreciate the timeline and keeping loyal to the canon, but if giving you another 120.00 gets me my Mad Cat sooner, just tell me who to give my money to. If money talks, I'm serious. How much for how soon?

Shut up and take my money!! :(

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users