MW: O On Xbox and PC

83 replies to this topic

#21 Mchawkeye

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 883 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 12:53 AM

View PostWerewolfX, on 08 January 2012 - 11:02 PM, said:

Small correction that was MW2 on the playstation.

I'm glad someone realised this...I don't think M3 came out for PS anything, did it? it was just M2 I think.

They are not releasing it on the xbox or ps3, they have said as much.

But.

If they did, there are ways to create incredibly complex control systems on the pad. add in voice controls and gesture via kinect, and I Honestly don't think controls would be an issue. Even if they were unwieldy, you wouldn't be playing it, so it would't be your problem, as you'd be on the PC.

Also

if all you all here are playing it on pc, myself included, why care so much about it coming to a console? I admit, I would rather they spent the time making the PC version better...and you know what? They are. Currently, It's not coming to consoles.

So all this thread seems to be is lets bash the xbox for no actual given reason. Which seems a waste of time, really. I would much rather the conversations were more constructive.

#22 Fooooo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,458 posts
  • LocationSydney, Aus.

Posted 09 January 2012 - 01:41 AM

Dont think so Thorn Hallis.... although I don't really play my xbox except for forza so I cannot really be 100% sure.

The PC ver is the only one coming atm so there is none of those problems I dislike of the same codebase that would screw a PC release if it were being made for all 3 at the same time....

So I don't see why they couldn't do a 360 or ps3 version after releasing the PC game... tho porting it directly would not work well, they would have to start almost from scratch I'd say.

Edited by Foòóoo, 09 January 2012 - 01:47 AM.

#23 Nik Van Rhijn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,905 posts
  • LocationLost

Posted 09 January 2012 - 03:44 AM

They have only been licensed for the PC. MS specifically refused for consoles - I presume that if this is a success they want to be able to do MA4 for the consoles in their own right.

#24 Thorn Hallis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,902 posts
  • LocationUnited States of Paranoia

Posted 09 January 2012 - 04:07 AM

View PostMchawkeye, on 09 January 2012 - 12:53 AM, said:

if all you all here are playing it on pc, myself included, why care so much about it coming to a console?

Coz they might be playing with and against PC-gamers. This thread here calls for one game for both systems, not two seperated games.

#25 Gattling Fenn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 589 posts
  • LocationOverheating in front of a Timberwolf

Posted 09 January 2012 - 06:29 AM

View PostMuffinTop, on 08 January 2012 - 07:59 PM, said:

Who is willing to buy a joystick from NASA or the military industrial complex? I'm sure as hell not onboard with that idea!

No one said you had to get one? I just got a 4.5 rated joystick off newegg for $15...

#26 Daneiel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 490 posts
  • LocationSheridan

Posted 09 January 2012 - 06:32 AM

I will not go on the theme for the controls - it was discused before and will continue to be theme for debate fo long time - but i will give you a theme to think abouth oi - MW:O will be MMO game not halo or CoD game - it will depend in comunivation between the players and not everyone will use in random games voice chat - that will limit the xbox players and will break the game for the PC players , yes the developers can bring it down to the level of pure action games (just go and shoot dont think) but then that will not be MWCHWARRIOR game anymore , so think about it .

#27 Mchawkeye

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 883 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 09:57 AM

View PostThorn Hallis, on 09 January 2012 - 04:07 AM, said:

Coz they might be playing with and against PC-gamers. This thread here calls for one game for both systems, not two seperated games.

They might be. In the same way I might become Prime Minister.

I mean, it's possible...Just not on the cards right now, so why worry?

#28 Red Beard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 845 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 10:31 AM

I see some of the "folks" from the Optimus Prime site have oozed their way in. And they have brought their skewed opinions with them.

on a totally different note:

Steel Battalion was a cruel joke on gamers. If you are going to go to that much trouble to make such a huge control scheme, make the game worth playing, that way we could have had some fun with it.

Edited by Red Beard, 09 January 2012 - 10:31 AM.

#29 Red Beard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 845 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 10:33 AM

View PostMchawkeye, on 09 January 2012 - 09:57 AM, said:

They might be. In the same way I might become Prime Minister.

The day they announce this game for the next XBOX, is the day I bow down and call you "Your worhsipfulness".

Hmmm...I should be careful what I wish for...

#30 Nik Van Rhijn

• 2,905 posts
  • LocationLost

Posted 09 January 2012 - 02:10 PM

@Red Beard - what odds to you give that if MWO is a success that MS won't bring out an MA for the Xbox?

#31 Red Beard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 845 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 08:41 AM

I actually heard a rumor shortly after MA2 was launched that MA3 was already on the drawing table. If MWO is a hit, MS may commission MA3. As far as odds for that happening?...Let's just say that I will give the kind of odds to that happening that I would give to me being able to hold my breath the whole time. Not likely.

That said, if this game hits critical mass, and it starts enjoying huge fanfare, I plan to start making some "noise" again. I wrote several emails to MS and Day1 two years ago. We'll see what happens. Since that time, Day1 has gone under and the team that made MA 1 and 2 are not together any longer.

Street Fighter didn't see a third rendition for years and years, so you never know.

Edited by Red Beard, 10 January 2012 - 08:42 AM.

#32 Volume

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 1,097 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 08:43 AM

View PostThorn Hallis, on 08 January 2012 - 11:19 PM, said:

Is there any example for a multiplayer-only game on consoles?

Could you be more specific? FFXI was on consoles (MMORPG),MAG (MMOFPS kinda) both have no single player mode...And most console FPS games might as well not have a single-player campaign considering how much of an afterthought they are these days. :lol:

#33 Red Beard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 845 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 08:45 AM

View PostNik Van Rhijn, on 09 January 2012 - 02:10 PM, said:

@Red Beard - what odds to you give that if MWO is a success that MS won't bring out an MA for the Xbox?

A better answer to your question Nik, might be that I would give better odds to MW:O itself being ported to the next MS console, rather than a MA being redone. If MWO is that much of a hit on the PC, I would not put it past the powers that be make it for the console too. That seems like a much more likely scenario to me. Time will tell.

#34 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 10 January 2012 - 08:57 AM

This game is not going to be on cosoles... fullstop.

Crossplatform multiplayer will kill all the console gamers because with those controlers you have to use 101 methods to ease targetting and even if you manage to hit anything, my 7 year old brother would already kill you dozen times over... fullstop.

Any PC for 200€ will run the game on medium/low details easily... fullstop.

IF those ********** M$, or Activision idiots make a Mech Assault 3 game, I will even hack it, just to see it fail miserably... fullstop.

What are your specs on that notebook? If it overheats like that, it is broken, trust me... coma,.... you will get a new one in no time... fullstop.

There is no crossplatform game in history of gaming, that wasn't dumbed down to appeal console players -> no consoles!.... fullstop.

Developers wanted to make a game with consoles in mind, that is why they nearly bancrupted, they won't try it again... end.

Edited by Adridos, 10 January 2012 - 08:57 AM.

#35 IceSerpent

• 3,044 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 09:21 AM

Did somebody mention xbox?...*grabs a torch and a pitchfork*...

#36 Der BruzZzler von Wiesndoof

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,494 posts
  • LocationAm Grill

Posted 10 January 2012 - 11:48 AM

Many many years ago i played a bad MW2-imple (Refusal War | Wolf/Jade falcon) for Playstation 1 and it was TERRIBLE!

The original Soundtrack (Clan) was replaced to to the MW2 Mercs-soundtrack and some mechs (Marauder IIC, Warhammer IIC and Rifleman IIC) were missing. The fired weapons looked bad. AC's for an example and playing MW2 with a control pad was horrible.

No more Mechwarrior for consoles. I'm glad that MW:O is PC exclusive ... for now.

#37 Raeven

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 324 posts
  • LocationHal's Bar. Middletown, Cathay District, Solaris VII

Posted 10 January 2012 - 12:27 PM

View PostAegis Kleais™, on 10 January 2012 - 09:41 AM, said:

Whoa whoa whoa, we're not THAT kind of community!

Here, you'll want a trident, they're designed to do much more lacerating damage than a pitchfork...

OK, on your way then...

Don't forget the flamethrower vs. a torch. Put that fire where YOU want it to go!

#38 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 10 January 2012 - 12:30 PM

View PostAegis Kleais™, on 10 January 2012 - 09:41 AM, said:

Whoa whoa whoa, we're not THAT kind of community!

Here, you'll want a trident, they're designed to do much more lacerating damage than a pitchfork...

OK, on your way then...

We aren't that kind of community either. Who would use pitchfork or trident when they have a mech in the garage? :lol:

Edited by Adridos, 10 January 2012 - 12:30 PM.

#39 Aegis Kleais

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 6,003 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 12:45 PM

View PostAdridos, on 10 January 2012 - 12:30 PM, said:

We aren't that kind of community either. Who would use pitchfork or trident when they have a mech in the garage? :lol:

Pft. I'm not giving them my Mech for a simple vengeance quest! ....they'll scratch the paint!

#40 nostra

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 10 January 2012 - 03:53 PM

I agree, the Xbox system would be a perfectly viable option for the game's release. Xbox Live can already support MMO-type gameplay with online matchmaking and customization options like what have been described so far for MW:Online. While the system may be nearing the end of its lifespan, the next iteration of the Xbox will surely be backwards-compatible with 360 games, meaning that it won't jeopardize this game's longevity. I too agree that not all of us can afford a decent gaming computer, I myself own a terrible, crappy Mac laptop that cannot even handle playing WoW on the lowest settings, let alone more advanced-graphics games. I DO, however, like many people, own an Xbox 360. I in no way suggest that gaming in MW: Online should be cross-platform- PC players will always have the advantage in that theater. Console gaming is a major gaming market right now, if MW:Online were to be released on both PC and console systems, it would easily double the game's potential profitability (the game is free-to-play yeah, but people would definitely pay for it on console, and would be tempted to purchasing DLC-type stuff and whatever "perks" or pay-exclusive content will be in the game).

12 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 12 guests, 0 anonymous users