Repainted Concept Art

Art

7732 replies to this topic

#3301 Eximar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 911 posts
  • LocationStill living in 3025

Posted 08 November 2012 - 08:56 PM

And yet another new artist who has the touch. Great job.

*wanders off muttering about talented people...*

#3302 Sturmspetz

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 01:06 AM

Reinforced Armor BlackJack.
(Decal removal and outline borrowed from Nacon)

Posted Image

#3303 Brenden

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,603 posts
  • LocationIS News Flash Breaking [:::]___[:::] News: at morning /(__)\ a patrol unit has (:)=\_ ¤_/=(:) seen the never /)(\ before witnessed [] . . [] strange designed /¥\ . /¥\ 'Mech

Posted 09 November 2012 - 06:49 AM

View PostTristan Arc, on 08 November 2012 - 02:42 PM, said:

Well, with much trepidation, my first bit of post repaints:

The first is literally my first attempt at a repaint (with my favorite mech, of course!). It took me a good while, going from draft to draft to scrap, and the like, but I'm decently happy with it. Of course I'll probably come back in the future and take another go at it. :)

Posted Image

The second is a repaint for my girlfriend, who supplied the basic colors, and model choice. It's not really meant to be a Wolf's Dragoon mech, but the insignia grabbed me as fitting (and spared me spending hours designing an isnignia like I did for the first :ph34r: ).

Posted Image

Third up is my first actual canon-based unit repaint; a Blackjack for the 1st Aragon Borderers. I'm pretty happy with it, even if I'm still trying to get down how to fenagle the silly isignia to line up well (let alone blend in properly). :wacko:

Posted Image

Thank you again to everyone who's posted their own work on here, and made it possible for me to do this.

Edit: Feeling creative, I decided to continue alphabetically through the list of Federated Suns units I'd been browsing to find the 1st Aragon Borderers. As such, I give you a 1st Argyle Lancers Cataphract! I feel much happier now with the insignia placement, plus the extra bit of challenge from what I'd thought would be a simple paint scheme. :lol:

Posted Image

Still better then my first one.

#3304 Hayden

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 08:03 AM

Edit: Feeling creative, I decided to continue alphabetically through the list of Federated Suns units I'd been browsing to find the 1st Aragon Borderers. As such, I give you a 1st Argyle Lancers Cataphract! I feel much happier now with the insignia placement, plus the extra bit of challenge from what I'd thought would be a simple paint scheme. :)

Posted Image

Just awesome. I love it when smaller units like the Argyle Lancers and Aragon Borderers get attention.

#3305 Brian Banzai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Phoenix
  • The Phoenix
  • 731 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationLebanon, TN

Posted 09 November 2012 - 09:31 AM

Never mind that request for the repaint, I just did it myself. I think it turned out pretty well.
Here is my Blackjack "Matilda" on patrol in the desert.
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

#3306 RotS Targe

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 319 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 09:34 AM

Posted Image

Love the Fox on the arm.
If we had the option for that in game, I might consider a Cent.
Good work in general, well done.

#3307 Tristan Arc

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 09:48 AM

Thank you very much for all of the positive feedback. :)

View PostBrenden, on 09 November 2012 - 06:49 AM, said:

Still better then my first one.

Your first one was still that, and a good start. :) I find now that I'm using at least 14 layers per repaint, 5 of which are for figuring out colors at least, and all at different opacities. Just have fun and experiment~

View PostHayden, on 09 November 2012 - 08:03 AM, said:

Just awesome. I love it when smaller units like the Argyle Lancers and Aragon Borderers get attention.

Thanks! I'm enjoying learning a bit more about each unit as I paint them. Sadly, the Aragon Borderers, Argyle Lancers, and Capellan Dragoons all get wiped out eventually. :P

View Postmaxoconnor, on 09 November 2012 - 09:31 AM, said:

Never mind that request for the repaint, I just did it myself. I think it turned out pretty well.
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

Very nice! I like the "moseyin'" look it's got going on in that last one. :D

#3308 Hayden

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 09:49 AM

View Postmaxoconnor, on 09 November 2012 - 09:31 AM, said:

Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

Really awesome, Max! Superb job!

#3309 Brian Banzai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Phoenix
  • The Phoenix
  • 731 posts
  • LocationLebanon, TN

Posted 09 November 2012 - 09:52 AM

View PostHayden, on 09 November 2012 - 09:49 AM, said:

Really awesome, Max! Superb job!

Thats a huge compliment coming from you Hayden, congrats on your well deserved job!!!!!!!!

#3310 MrMasakari

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 387 posts
  • LocationThe Kerensky Cluster

Posted 09 November 2012 - 01:40 PM

Ahh the beauty of the BT community never stops astonishing me. That centurion Tristan is awesome, hell I can even imagine it ingame. Awesome work as per usual.

Edited by Artaire, 09 November 2012 - 01:41 PM.

#3311 Durahl

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 246 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 09 November 2012 - 03:44 PM

Really cheesy but if PGI ever manages/allows us to have custom skins I'll go with this:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
My hopes though are limited :)

#3312 Hayden

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 04:34 PM

View PostDurahl, on 09 November 2012 - 03:44 PM, said:

Really cheesy but if PGI ever manages/allows us to have custom skins I'll go with this:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
My hopes though are limited :)

Yeah! Denmark forever!

(kidding, kidding, good job).

#3313 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 09 November 2012 - 04:57 PM

Please people, when quoting some great work, try to make the quotes only as big as they need to be.

We're at 15 posts and it's so long it takes hours to scroll down. :)

Nice repaints, Durahl. I don't think Switzerland needs any kind of weapons in the first place, but... you made it look so cool.

And nice to see another talent around here, Tristan. especially with your own unique more cartoony style.

And last but not least, congratulations on your Matilda, sir maxoconnor. It turned out really well.

#3314 Thom Frankfurt

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,741 posts
  • LocationSearounders Tavern, Port St. Williams, Coventry

Posted 09 November 2012 - 06:29 PM

You guys never cease to amaze me excellent work like always... I especially love Matilda.

#3315 Tristan Arc

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 01:27 AM

View PostArtaire, on 09 November 2012 - 01:40 PM, said:

Ahh the beauty of the BT community never stops astonishing me. That centurion Tristan is awesome, hell I can even imagine it ingame. Awesome work as per usual.

Thank you very much, and I'm glad you like it. :( I look forward to seeing paint schemes in the game (not that my bog monster of a Centurion isn't fun :lol: ). Of course if we can use any of our myriad repaints we've got going on here, that'd be all the more awesome!

View PostAdridos, on 09 November 2012 - 04:57 PM, said:

Please people, when quoting some great work, try to make the quotes only as big as they need to be.

We're at 15 posts and it's so long it takes hours to scroll down. ^_^

Nice repaints, Durahl. I don't think Switzerland needs any kind of weapons in the first place, but... you made it look so cool.

And nice to see another talent around here, Tristan. especially with your own unique more cartoony style.

And last but not least, congratulations on your Matilda, sir maxoconnor. It turned out really well.

Thank you. ;) I wasn't aware I was being cartoony, though. :blink:

Also, great repaints Durahl! The 'Heidi' on the Atlas' shoulder got me, hehe.

#3316 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 10 November 2012 - 02:45 AM

View PostTristan Arc, on 10 November 2012 - 01:27 AM, said:

Thank you. ;) I wasn't aware I was being cartoony, though. :lol:

It's just how I see your repaints. Mainly because of the multi-colored cockpits and weapons treatment... but that's just me and they look great no matter how I see them. :(

#3317 Durahl

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 246 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 10 November 2012 - 03:28 AM

View PostAdridos, on 09 November 2012 - 04:57 PM, said:

It wasn't even intended to have the Mechs sport the Swiss Flag when I started the recoloring using the AS7... It was just about the color combination of red and white with the simple white line going along the sagittal line by keeping the armor plating in mind ( didn't entirely work out for the RVN *sigh* ).

It gave the Mechs a somewhat modern Crusader like coloring/feeling as if they were wearing a tabard on top of crimson red armor.
The futuristic Splittarn like pattern for the red areas was also a welcome sight as it would support the modern look.

While working on it I noticed the chance to go a little cheesy ( pun intended ) to turn them into Swiss Corps by adding the horizontal bar to the vertical line so well... The Swiss Alpine Crusaders were born xD

And if Switzerland wouldn't need them we could always loan them to the Vatican which only accepts Swiss Military Forces in service but that would require a blue/yellow/red Coloring I do not fancy.

View PostTristan Arc, on 10 November 2012 - 01:27 AM, said:

Also, great repaints Durahl! The 'Heidi' on the Atlas' shoulder got me, hehe.

Wouldn't have thought someone would notice it xD

#3318 Ironhawk

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,333 posts
  • LocationMontreal

Posted 10 November 2012 - 11:16 AM

Well, with much trepidation, my first bit of post repaints:

Edit: Next in the alphabetical shenanigans is a Centurion for the 1st Kathil Uhlans. I approached this one with some trepidation as there was no canon insignia I could find for the unit, but managed to put together something I'm quite happy with, in the end. :)

Posted Image

Tristan, this is definitely the one I like best. Excellent job on that 1KU! Nice insig job as well.

#3319 Ironhawk

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,333 posts
  • LocationMontreal

Posted 10 November 2012 - 11:21 AM

Excellent work so far by our colleagues. The Hawk is happy to join in and be of service on this RCA battlefield once more.

Blackjack theme: A Federated Celebration...

1st up: 7th Fedcom Officer
Posted Image

Second piece today: an 8th Syrtis Fusiliers. Gave a try at some nose art on this one...
Posted Image

Edited by Ironhawk, 10 November 2012 - 02:27 PM.

#3320 NoSkillRush

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 1,202 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 10 November 2012 - 03:35 PM

amazing work!

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

• Facebook