7732 replies to this topic

#5301 Odanan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,205 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 22 March 2014 - 12:13 PM

Anyway, Gizmo, where did you get that information about the 2 Clans + 1 IS per month? Twitter? I can't find it.

#5302 Featherwood

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 552 posts

Posted 22 March 2014 - 01:00 PM

View PostOdanan, on 22 March 2014 - 12:13 PM, said:

Anyway, Gizmo, where did you get that information about the 2 Clans + 1 IS per month? Twitter? I can't find it.

It was stated previously, that after June 17th new 'Mechs releases will consist of 1 Clan and 1 IS 'Mechs, but later, in NGNG #105, Russ has said that CLan 'Mechs will be released by 2 per month, therefore 3.

#5303 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,205 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 22 March 2014 - 01:25 PM

View PostFeatherwood, on 22 March 2014 - 01:00 PM, said:

It was stated previously, that after June 17th new 'Mechs releases will consist of 1 Clan and 1 IS 'Mechs, but later, in NGNG #105, Russ has said that CLan 'Mechs will be released by 2 per month, therefore 3.

Hmm... and if they are abandoning the IS mechs?

#5304 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,685 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 23 March 2014 - 02:08 AM

View PostOdanan, on 22 March 2014 - 01:25 PM, said:

Hmm... and if they are abandoning the IS mechs?

Neg, i am sure he said they will realease IS 'Mechs. After all, why should they abandon them? After June they will already have the Clan Omnies modelled and ready , they just need to release them for in-game currency. This means they could work on an IS 'Mech a month.

#5305 Hexenhammer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,729 posts
  • LocationKAETETôã

Posted 23 March 2014 - 06:16 AM

PGI can flood the game with mechs but that wont make people play. This game needs that special spark that makes people want to play it and for me its not there. Achievements might help but I need to feel like I am 'growing' as I play the game. Maybe CW will do that but not likely.

#5306 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 23 March 2014 - 06:37 AM

View PostHexenhammer, on 23 March 2014 - 06:16 AM, said:

PGI can flood the game with mechs but that wont make people play. This game needs that special spark that makes people want to play it and for me its not there. Achievements might help but I need to feel like I am 'growing' as I play the game. Maybe CW will do that but not likely.

Easy... TLC with a dash of competence when it comes to handling CE.

#5307 Hayden

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 03:38 PM

Here, have another. I might do a couple more this weekend.. these are fun to do, good to unwind with.
Posted Image
Lone Star Regulars/Regiment. "Walking Coffin".

Edited by Hayden, 23 March 2014 - 03:40 PM.

#5308 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,205 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 23 March 2014 - 04:35 PM

Excellent as always, Hayden. Any chance of a template?

#5309 Ironhawk

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,333 posts
  • LocationMontreal

Posted 24 March 2014 - 02:24 PM

View PostHayden, on 23 March 2014 - 03:38 PM, said:

Here, have another. I might do a couple more this weekend.. these are fun to do, good to unwind with.
Posted Image
Lone Star Regulars/Regiment. "Walking Coffin".

Outstanding work yet again.

Very nice to see you back here and active, Sir. This thread missed its father!

Cheers!

IH

#5310 Ironhawk

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,333 posts
  • LocationMontreal

Posted 24 March 2014 - 04:47 PM

This one is for my brother Osprey (a.k.a. CMO Gunny Kintaro).

Posted Image

#5311 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 24 March 2014 - 11:40 PM

View PostIronhawk, on 24 March 2014 - 04:47 PM, said:

This one is for my brother Osprey (a.k.a. CMO Gunny Kintaro).

Posted Image

everytime i see K2 concept art, I get sad. Because I look at my in game K2, with it's new teeny tiny PPC barrels and it looks weak. :)

#5312 LiGhtningFF13

• The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 1,375 posts
  • LocationBetween the Flannagan's Nebulea and the Pleiades Cluster

Posted 24 March 2014 - 11:49 PM

... hey what about some nice Steiner ehm I mean blue paint shemes again?!

#5313 Morang

• 1,259 posts
  • LocationHeart of Darkness

Posted 26 March 2014 - 01:34 AM

View PostFeatherwood, on 17 March 2014 - 11:28 PM, said:

I have no interest in arabic, someone else can translate the inscription.

I did. It's "Screaming Genie" written backwards.

BTW, I also want to ask a couple of things.

First, are there any canon sources about Robinson Battle Academy paint scheme (yellow with patches of black and red)? The only place where I found it is camospecs dot com website.

Second, does anyone recognise the coat of arms painted on Wolverine's right upper chest? Six-pointed star (strangely resembling Arkab Legions' star on the Banshee) on a diagonally divided field of gold and red, with red border, crowned by some kind of crown (I was unable to find direct heraldic analogue, it's probably something between Prince and Marquess) on a black field.

Edit: grammar.

Edited by Morang, 26 March 2014 - 01:49 AM.

#5314 Mark Hayden

Texture Artist

• 63 posts
  • LocationInner Sphere - St.Ives - St. Ives Academy of Military Sciences, Faculty of Heraldry Building, Room 205

Posted 26 March 2014 - 09:59 AM

View PostMorang, on 26 March 2014 - 01:34 AM, said:

Second, does anyone recognise the coat of arms painted on Wolverine's right upper chest? Six-pointed star (strangely resembling Arkab Legions' star on the Banshee) on a diagonally divided field of gold and red, with red border, crowned by some kind of crown (I was unable to find direct heraldic analogue, it's probably something between Prince and Marquess) on a black field.

Edit: grammar.

I'll confess, this was my doing. Back in the old House Davion: Federated Suns handbook (the 1988 version), there was a listing of regional academies, including the Robinson Battle Academy (though the wording in the '88 book was "The Battle Academy of Robinson") Included with each description was a fluff image for the arms/symbol of that academy. In the case of the RBA it was a gold star defacing a purple and red field of lozenges (about three times the width and half the height of the star defacing it), and a small triangular black/red field below, all of which was bordered in yellow. The version off Sarna is accurate to this description.
Posted Image
Since it was a concept piece I thought it might be fun to take a crack at redesigning the insignia and making it a bit more "Robinson" in feel. I replaced the original backing with a more simple gold/red field, which is used by the Sandoval family in their coat of arms, and appears on the flag of Robinson (and possibly Kentares IV, I've only seen black and white images, but it's strongly suggested). I also changed the dimensions of the field to make it feel more like an identifying insignia than an award badge. I changed the star from five points to six because I felt it had more meaning: Robinson is host to the Federated Suns chief Jewish population (There is a precedent for this kind of symbolism in state/military iconography: the Robinson Medal of Honor carries the Star of David). The crown was a last added touch, it's a nod to the one used by the Draconis March Militia insignia. As the academy is described as "something of the personal fife of the Sandoval family" (Handbook House Davion, 2007) and I wanted to add some touches that would emphasize this. Note that this is a concept piece and not necessarily indicative of any final product. Also, the main reason Alex opted to do the RBA scheme was because it was yellow and he felt we needed more yellow 'mechs. :)

#5315 Morang

• 1,259 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 11:28 AM

View PostMark Hayden, on 26 March 2014 - 09:59 AM, said:

We needed more yellow 'mechs. :)

Great! Thank you!

I use this rare opportunity to ask: were Jenner, Hunchback, Dragon and Atlas painted as belonging to any units? Or it started later?

Spoiler

Edited by Morang, 26 March 2014 - 11:35 AM.

#5316 Mark Hayden

Texture Artist

• 63 posts
  • LocationInner Sphere - St.Ives - St. Ives Academy of Military Sciences, Faculty of Heraldry Building, Room 205

Posted 26 March 2014 - 11:54 AM

View PostMorang, on 26 March 2014 - 11:28 AM, said:

Great! Thank you!

I use this rare opportunity to ask: were Jenner, Hunchback, Dragon and Atlas painted as belonging to any units? Or it started later?

Spoiler

To the best of my knowledge these are generic (they were made before I started contracting for PGI). It is possible that the Jenner is Benjamin Regulars or Legion of Vega and It could conceivably (unlikely) be from one of the Amphigean regiments as well, but this is unlikely as the red isn't the right shade (rust is a more accurate color). However, without clear markings I just don't know.

No idea as to when the Griffin will go up.

ED: To be clear, the concept art that gets released is still all Alex, though occasionally I can contribute suggestions, and sometimes even get a little insignia action going.

Edited by Mark Hayden, 29 March 2014 - 12:50 PM.

#5317 Morang

• 1,259 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 12:00 PM

Thank you again!

#5318 Hayden

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 08:42 PM

Started this last weekend, finished it up tonight while taking a break. A wolverine of the Hanseatic League's 6th Regional Defense Force. A few liberties here and there. Might do one more tonight.
Posted Image
"Bergen Beauty"

And another one from RDF 1.
Posted Image
Might do one more...

Edited by Hayden, 29 March 2014 - 10:16 PM.

#5319 Waylandx

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 273 posts
  • LocationAt the computer!

Posted 30 March 2014 - 05:27 PM

Great looking Wolverines!

#5320 Uncle Totty

• The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 1,556 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSomewhere in the ARDC (Ark-Royal Defense Cordon)

Posted 31 March 2014 - 01:56 PM

There are no "Wolverines", only Conjurer 0.5s. :angry:

17 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 17 guests, 0 anonymous users