Repainted Concept Art

Art

7764 replies to this topic

#21 tyrranus

Rookie

• 7 posts
  • LocationWest Central Florida

Posted 02 November 2011 - 02:58 PM

really good work! Ill toss out a request for a kell hound or perhaps a black widow company one :)

#22 Hayden

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 03:09 PM

Thanks everyone for the positive comments!

View Postdamocles, on 02 November 2011 - 01:43 PM, said:

These are AWESOME.
May I req: an Atlas in 15th Arcturan Guards loveliness?

/damo

You may. I'll try to finish it tonight, but we'll see.

View Posttyrranus, on 02 November 2011 - 02:58 PM, said:

really good work! Ill toss out a request for a kell hound or perhaps a black widow company one :)

Alright, I'll do what I can once you let me know what exactly you want.

#23 Thunderbelly

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 03:21 PM

I would love to see an 8th Crucis Lancers Atlas if you can find the time.

#24 Hayden

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 03:25 PM

Hi Everyone, I really appreciate the positive response to what I've done. I'm just letting everyone know that aside from the requests already made I will not be accepting more requests until the studio releases the next batch of concept art. I'll let you folks know when I can start working on new stuff. Thanks!

View PostThunderbelly, on 02 November 2011 - 03:21 PM, said:

I would love to see an 8th Crucis Lancers Atlas if you can find the time.

Ok, I can whip that up for you some time soon.

#25 CG Anastasius Focht

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 02 November 2011 - 08:25 PM

View Postagent_cooper, on 01 November 2011 - 08:54 PM, said:

now this is something I hope we can do in game and really customize our mechs.

Quoted for truth

They look great Hayden

Edited by [cg]anastasius focht, 02 November 2011 - 08:26 PM.

#26 Ikoyim Odei

• Pip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationBehind you. With a Highlander.

Posted 03 November 2011 - 02:55 AM

Droolworthy work! Keep it up, and hope to see more :)

How about some mech's from the Kell Hounds, the Eridani Light Horse or the Wolf's Dragoons? Pretty please? :D

#27 Hellgardia

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 258 posts
  • LocationLoures, Lisboa, Portugal

Posted 03 November 2011 - 03:24 AM

Amazing work :)

#28 Brakkyn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 04:27 AM

Eridani Light Horse (my favorite unit) would be great...except they retained the plain olive drab paint scheme of the SLDF, which is nothing too spectacular.

#29 ice trey

• 1,523 posts
  • LocationFukushima, Japan

Posted 03 November 2011 - 06:40 AM

This is a great idea, and you've got great clean lines....

...but I personally think the colors are a bit too intense when compared to the background. Might want to tone the intensity down.

The first Marik militia atlas goes beyond purple, and into Barnum-Circus territory.

#30 derhammer

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 28 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 03 November 2011 - 09:05 AM

View Postderhammer, on 02 November 2011 - 01:32 PM, said:

The Atlas for sure :)

Danke ! :D

Thanks man !, very cool and inspiring, have to try that scheme and layout on a Atlas mini some time...

Edited by derhammer, 03 November 2011 - 09:13 AM.

#31 Brian Banzai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Phoenix
  • The Phoenix
  • 731 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationLebanon, TN

Posted 03 November 2011 - 09:47 AM

I loved the Highlander Hunchback so much that I made it my new signature. I changed the logo to my 2nd Kearny and made a nice wallpaper with it as well. I'm linking it here in case anyone wants to download it.
http://a4.sphotos.ak...146756636_n.jpg

Edited by maxoconnor, 03 November 2011 - 09:51 AM.

#32 Hayden

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 10:57 AM

View Postice trey, on 03 November 2011 - 06:40 AM, said:

This is a great idea, and you've got great clean lines....

...but I personally think the colors are a bit too intense when compared to the background. Might want to tone the intensity down.

The first Marik militia atlas goes beyond purple, and into Barnum-Circus territory.

Alright, gotta answer this critique :) Yeah, the earlier stuff is pretty gaudy. The Marik 'Mech was the very first, and in hind-sight I feel you are pretty much right: it's just about hideous. In my defense, though, I've been working on a laptop, and I've had the chance to see these on a different monitor now, and yeah: some of the coloration is over-kill, but because monitors behave differently, nothing I can really do about it. How do you feel about the more toned down ones, like the GDL, Ghost and Chesterton 'Mechs?

Anyway, the last thing I'm gonna close with is this: Battletech is often a bit gaudy with a lot of the colors. What some of the major units are depicted as using I could only be caught dead in. That said, I think the bright color schemes on a lot of the 'Mechs are an important part of the iconography of Battletech which is not always reflected in Mechwarrior. I'm just trying to bring a bit more of that feel to the art. Anyway, I appreciate the constructive nature of your comment! Thanks for viewing!

EDIT:

View Postmaxoconnor, on 03 November 2011 - 09:47 AM, said:

I loved the Highlander Hunchback so much that I made it my new signature. I changed the logo to my 2nd Kearny and made a nice wallpaper with it as well. I'm linking it here in case anyone wants to download it.
http://a4.sphotos.ak...146756636_n.jpg

Nice work there. The Tartan really is more appropriate for the 2nd Kearny anyway (I only found a guide to Northwind Tartans _after_ I did all the work of applying it). Anyway, glad you liked it so much.

EDIT:

View PostIkoyim Odei, on 03 November 2011 - 02:55 AM, said:

How about some mech's from the Kell Hounds, the Eridani Light Horse or the Wolf's Dragoons? Pretty please? :D

Honestly, I'm holding off on the Eridani Light Horse (to see if they put in a Locust) and Wolf's Dragoons (If they put in a Warhammer. I really wanna do Natasha Kerensky),

Edited by hayden, 03 November 2011 - 11:03 AM.

#33 Stormwolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,951 posts
  • LocationCW Dire Wolf

Posted 03 November 2011 - 12:50 PM

Those recolors are pretty amazing, +1 like :)

#34 Damocles

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,527 posts
  • LocationOakland, CA

Posted 03 November 2011 - 01:25 PM

Thanks for the 15th AG, looks sweet and nice touch on the phrase addition

#35 Space Captain Zor

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 03:43 PM

o m g, I love the Atrean Dragoons Hunchback! I was in the 1st AD in MPBT, and it was awesome to find that in this thread.

Edited by Space Captain Zor, 03 November 2011 - 03:43 PM.

#36 Grafix TM

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 154 posts
  • LocationWorld Traveler

Posted 03 November 2011 - 04:58 PM

Nice paint schemes

#37 CrescentHawk

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 77 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 08:41 PM

Those are awesome. I particularly like the Highlander Hunchback.

#38 Hayden

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 12:11 AM

Ok, looks like I can only do so many images per post (capped at 10), so I'm gonna go ahead and start a new post whenever I hit that ceiling.

EDIT: More on pages 1, 3, 5, 6 and 7.

Below is an Atlas from the 8th Crucis Lancers, per a request.
Posted Image

EDIT: Something special. I'm kinda getting a little bored doing the same three 'Mechs, so I decided to try to "kit bash" a Hunchback Variant, the "Swayback". I will probably do these for the Atlas and Jenner as well. I'm still not happy with the right arm and shoulder, but I think the rest looks ok.
Posted Image

EDIT: Ok, I'm excited for this one. It's never been in a Battletech game, and I doubt it would appear in Mechwarrior Online, but for fun... I present to you all a Ghost Bear Hunchback IIC.
Posted Image

EDIT: This Jenner is "Kitbashed" from concept art I've been playing with. While this Jenner is very similar superficially to the JR7-D, it now represents a JR7-A prototype in Eridani Light Horse colors. This is from an earlier time in the history of the Light Horse, before the unit fell out with it's employer, the Draconis Combine. The JR7-A has a sole large laser mounted in the right torso.
Posted Image

EDIT: A Jenner (JR7-F) from the Stealthy Tigers.
Posted Image

EDIT: This is a paint scheme very close to my heart. The paint scheme of my personal unit, Hayden's Marauders. Some of my miniatures bear the same paint scheme. The unit's story is that it was a highly mobile force made up of veteran volunteers from the Draconis March Militia and Robinson Rangers. both units having their heraldry represented on the emblem of the unit. On the emblem is a ball peen hammer (representing the maintainers and support personnel), a knife (representing the mechwarriors and other combat forces of the unit), and the torch represents leadership of the forces. Even though the small unit draws many of it's forces from the Draconis March it is not specifically tied to that region, and indeed not even a house unit of Davion, but a private venture.
Posted Image

EDIT: This is a 'Mech of the Amphigean Light Assault Group. The Kanji on the chest reads "Thunderbolt".
EDIT: As an aside, these markings are the old Amphigean LAG emblem, which I feel is superior to the steel-plated shark.
Posted Image

EDIT: Alright, this Hunchback was based off one I read about in the Mercenary's Handbook (FASA, 1987)

Wilson's Hussars: Gerald Walker's Hunchback
"Walker is addicted to the drug KZ (or "KrayZee, as it is popularly known), an expensive and highly dangerous depressant. At the end of his rope, Walker spends much of his time drugged into insensibility, as desperate for KZ as the Hussars are for work. He has gone so far as to strip parts from the Hunchback inherited from his father to raise money for his habit.

With it's medium lasers, gyros, and most of its heat sinks removed, the Hunchback can neither move nor fire its autocanon without detonating its ammunition. Captain Wilson is considering scraping the 'mech for spare parts."
Mercenary's Handbook, FASA, 1987
Posted Image

EDIT: Some love for the periphery. This is an Outworld's Alliance Jenner of the 1st Alliance Air Wing.
Posted Image

EDIT: This is a Jade Falcon (poor man's) Hunchback IIC. It's in the colors of the Omega Galaxy, which has a long-running rivalry with clan Steel Viper. 'Mechs in this galaxy are two tone, with a jade-green top and steel bottom, symbolizing Jade Falcon superiority over the Steel Vipers. This particular 'Mech also features some intricate art on the left hand, which is painted to look as if it is clutching a viper in its grasp as a falcon circles overhead.
Posted Image

EDIT: More on pages 1, 3, 5, 6 and 7!

Thanks all!

Edited by hayden, 24 November 2011 - 07:42 AM.

#39 Brian Banzai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Phoenix
  • The Phoenix
  • 731 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationLebanon, TN

Posted 04 November 2011 - 05:05 AM

That is simply amazing!!!!!!!!!!, I can't wait to see what you do with the other images. If you ever want to take on some commission work, let me know. I could use your talent for my Osprey Project.

#40 Cifu

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 348 posts
  • LocationHungary, EU

Posted 04 November 2011 - 10:50 AM

Excellent work man!!! :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users