Repainted Concept Art

Art

7764 replies to this topic

#41 minty

• PipPip
  • 46 posts
  • LocationLiverpool, England

Posted 05 November 2011 - 02:22 PM

Brilliant! The second to last Atlas is my fav, it's very meanacing!

#42 TheForce

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 591 posts
  • LocationVancouver

Posted 05 November 2011 - 02:35 PM

Very nice thanks!

#43 Medron Pryde

Rookie

• 1 posts
  • LocationMinnesnowta

Posted 05 November 2011 - 05:38 PM

These rock...:)

#44 Hayden

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 08:43 PM

Thanks for the positive feedback, folks! I'll start taking requests once again when the Developers put up more of that tasty concept art!

View Postry0k3n, on 03 November 2011 - 06:15 PM, said:

You did it really great :D
I saw the unit camo on sarna.net and tought how awesome it would be with your style :)
BTW do you have a deviantart page?

I do have a deviant art account, most of the stuff is old and isn't as nice as these re-colors, though. My account name is viereth.

#45 Jack Gallows

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,824 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 10:31 PM

Those paints schemes, and the ideas you get for some of the art/tags are great!

Though, the Hunchback IIC has been seen in a Battletech game, the Mechcommander games had them (least number one did.) You actually rescue a pilot with the callsign "Falcon" that's stolen one, while taking the planet during Operation Bulldog.

#46 Der BruzZzler von Wiesndoof

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,494 posts
  • LocationAm Grill

Posted 05 November 2011 - 10:53 PM

View Posthayden, on 04 November 2011 - 12:11 AM, said:

Ghost Bear Hunchback IIC.

Posted Image

Duuuude! :D

Man, u know how you make a clanner happy!
Absolutley awesome. With the leaping cat, it would also look good.
The entire image in 1600x900 and i would have a new desktop-wallpaper! :)

D**n good job!

#47 Hayden

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 11:04 PM

View PostJack Gallows, on 05 November 2011 - 10:31 PM, said:

Those paints schemes, and the ideas you get for some of the art/tags are great!

Though, the Hunchback IIC has been seen in a Battletech game, the Mechcommander games had them (least number one did.) You actually rescue a pilot with the callsign "Falcon" that's stolen one, while taking the planet during Operation Bulldog.

Oh, good catch. I never played the Mechcommander games, I was really just thinking of MW games when I said that. Thanks!

View PostThe_Birdeater, on 05 November 2011 - 10:53 PM, said:

Duuuude! :D

Man, u know how you make a clanner happy!
Absolutley awesome. With the leaping cat, it would also look good.
The entire image in 1600x900 and i would have a new desktop-wallpaper! :)

D**n good job!

Thanks! Given the trickle of concept are they're giving us, I thought it would be fun to give the Clanners a little love. I plan on doing a Jade Falcon rendition of the Hunchback IIC, it's just a matter of time.

#48 Jack Gallows

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,824 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 11:08 PM

If you've got the time, the Mechcommander games were great. First one is a lot harder and more tactical then the second, but both are a BLAST.

Once all the mech designs are out, or they have the ones I like the most of the IS designs, might have to come back and ask for a commission or some type to display proudly....

Hell I've already made the Ghost Bear and Davion Atlas backgrounds at my work. lol

Edited by Jack Gallows, 05 November 2011 - 11:08 PM.

#49 Hayden

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 11:11 PM

View PostJack Gallows, on 05 November 2011 - 11:08 PM, said:

If you've got the time, the Mechcommander games were great. First one is a lot harder and more tactical then the second, but both are a BLAST.

Once all the mech designs are out, or they have the ones I like the most of the IS designs, might have to come back and ask for a commission or some type to display proudly....

Hell I've already made the Ghost Bear and Davion Atlas backgrounds at my work. lol

Excellent, really happy to hear you enjoy this stuff! I'll be taking commissions again once they put out some more concept art.

#50 Hayden

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 06:56 AM

Hey guys, there is more art on pages 1, 2, 5, 6 and 7.

Below is an Atlas in the colors of the 1st Tyr, I felt the Free Rasalhague Republic needed some attention. And yes. That is "Immigrant Song" lyrics on the right knee cap. I felt it was fitting.
Posted Image

EDIT: Yet another Atlas. This one from the Davion Assault Guards. Enjoy!
Posted Image

EDIT: This is one I've been meaning to do for a while. It's a Hunchback from the Tamar Jägers. Maybe they will put in a Jagermech and I can bring it home, so to say. Based off art in the 1988 Camo Specs book. The text on the torso reads: "Irgendwo auf der Welt Gibt's ein kleines bißchen Glück, Und ich träum' davon in jedem Augenblick. Irgendwo auf der Welt Gibt's ein bißchen Seligkeit, Und ich träum' davon schon lange lange Zeit." or in English "Somewhere in the world there's a little happiness, and I dream of it every moment. Somewhere in the world there's a little bit of bliss, and I've already been dreaming about for a long time."
Posted Image

EDIT: This next one is from the relatively little-referenced mercenary unit, the Fighting Urakhai. The Fighting Urakhai were long in the service of the Davions, ultimately leaving their employer to flee the chaos of the Federated Commonwealth civil war. Fleeing to the Taurian Concordat they mis-jumped, were mistaken for an invasion force and were summarily destroyed by over-zealous Taurian Concordat defense forces. This incident makes them one of the most unfortunate mercenary units in the history of the Inner Sphere.
Posted Image

EDIT: Hey folks, this next one is from an important Mercenary unit that many of you are probably familiar with. This is a Hunchback of the crescent hawks. And yes. The torso does read "Revenge" (Anyone get it?)... also, more than one video game reference here.
Posted Image

EDIT: This is my conjectural Draconis March Militia scheme. I'm not totally sure if it's accurate. I don't have a lot of knowledge about this unit's paint scheme, other than that they use a lot of red. This one is from the Robinson branch of the DMM.
Posted Image

EDIT: Waco Rangers Jenner. Don't mess with Texas. Never mind that no one in the Waco rangers has probably ever been to Texas, or even possibly heard of it?
Posted Image

EDIT: Lyran 2nd Royal Guards Hunchback. The 2nd Royal Guards is known as the "Pride of Skye". You'll notice this particular 'Mech got a lucky shot against a Draconis Combine aerospace fighter.
Posted Image

EDIT: Generic Hunchback from the Taurian Concordat's Taurian Guard.
Posted Image

EDIT: Last one for this thread. This is a Jenner from the Kellhounds. The Korean writing on the arm says "Phoenix"
Posted Image

Thanks!

Edited by hayden, 24 November 2011 - 07:43 AM.

#51 flessar

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 175 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationAlabama

Posted 06 November 2011 - 07:37 AM

View Posthayden, on 06 November 2011 - 06:56 AM, said:

Hey guys, there is more art on pages 1 and 2.

Below is an Atlas in the colors of the 1st Tyr, I felt the Free Rasalhague Republic needed some attention. And yes. That is "Immigrant Song" lyrics on the right knee cap. I felt it was fitting.
Posted Image

Thanks!

OMFG!!!! WANT!!!!

#52 Tandgnissle

Rookie

• 8 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 03:57 PM

View PostLt. Scumbag, on 01 November 2011 - 09:02 PM, said:

Not these specifically, but I think a lot of paint schemes simply yell "Shoot me!".
Will you do any sweet biome camo?

Meh, you're not exactly stealthy if you're stomping around in a 100ton fusion plant running at a few thousand kelvins cackling madly while firing lasers, particle beams or shells at your environment.

You could pick up emissions on the electromagnetic spectrum from infrared through visual and probably even some ionizing radiation. Not to mention radar, mad or seismic sensors. So what harm does a little colour do to your survivability?

#53 Argatson Krieghammer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 132 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationNot hiding in your closet

Posted 06 November 2011 - 04:46 PM

_ignore this, I somehow mistook this for IRC chat Herp Derp-

Edited by Argatson Krieghammer, 06 November 2011 - 04:46 PM.

#54 Bilskirnir_

• PipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 64 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 06 November 2011 - 08:36 PM

I'm trying my hand at this, so far got a HBK-4H Hunchback(AC/10 and four medium lasers)

Posted Image

I prefer a more balanced Mech then the usual Thrasher of a Hunchback AC/20 Variant (I'm going make this baby of 8th Orloff Grenadiers!)

#55 CoffiNail

Oathmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 4,285 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSome place with other Ghost Bears. A dropship or planet, who knows. ((Winnipeg,MB))

Posted 07 November 2011 - 07:39 AM

The Hunchback IIC was perfect, loved it! **** deadly mech from the best Clan :)

#56 Hayden

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 08:09 AM

EDIT: We don't have good moderator support yet, sooo:

Some Basic Rules:
1. Only post modified concept art here.
2. When you start posting images to a thread, keep them contained in as few posts as possible. You can fit up to 10 images in a post. This will help keep things clean and make it easy to find specific users within the thread.
3. I obviously can't enforce these, but in the sprit of community I think it would be nice to have your cooperation. Thank you!
/EDIT

View PostDigitalStef, on 06 November 2011 - 08:36 PM, said:

I'm trying my hand at this, so far got a HBK-4H Hunchback(AC/10 and four medium lasers)

I prefer a more balanced Mech then the usual Thrasher of a Hunchback AC/20 Variant (I'm going make this baby of 8th Orloff Grenadiers!)

Alright, get on it! :)

Edited by hayden, 07 November 2011 - 10:43 AM.

#57 Bilskirnir_

• PipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 64 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 07 November 2011 - 01:36 PM

Posted Image

Pirates Beware!

Edited by DigitalStef, 07 November 2011 - 01:36 PM.

#58 Damocles

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,527 posts
  • LocationOakland, CA

Posted 07 November 2011 - 08:19 PM

very cool

#59 John Clavell

• 1,609 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 01:44 AM

Loving all the re-skinning going on. Great work everyone!

#60 Bryan Ekman

Creative Director

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,106 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 08 November 2011 - 12:11 PM

Wonderful paint overs! MOAR MOAR MOAR!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users