Davions should crush liao

174 replies to this topic

#61 Virgil Caine

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • 36 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 05:38 AM

View Post19CJ70, on 15 January 2012 - 08:53 PM, said:

As usual Davion finds the need to pick on the smallest of the houses, not only that but they send in the illiterate first.

Like the vast majority of the population of your great house? Teach your people to read before questioning the literacy of other nations.

#62 THE 3rdbreed

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 65 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 05:51 AM

Hey! Hey! Wow now........please, I prefer "wizened old wizard".
*looks up sleeves*
hmmmm...nope and no....sorry no eye of newt or wolfsbane. Just consider my assertions a 100% hypothetical situation, pure speculation, just rambling with no bearing on the real inner sphere.
or are they?!

#63 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 16 January 2012 - 06:29 AM

View PostTHE 3rdbreed, on 16 January 2012 - 05:51 AM, said:

What about Farseer? It works in Warhammer. :)

#64 CW Enchanter

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the shadows

Posted 16 January 2012 - 06:38 AM

View PostAdridos, on 16 January 2012 - 06:29 AM, said:

What about Farseer? It works in Warhammer. :)

What is Farseer? don't have such equipment in mine Warhammer.
Must been something you Capellans secretly developing over centuries?

#65 Adridos

• Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 06:43 AM

View PostCW_Enchanter, on 16 January 2012 - 06:38 AM, said:

What is Farseer? don't have such equipment in mine Warhammer.
Must been something you Capellans secretly developing over centuries?

Warhammer 40 000. People call it witch, Eldars Farseer. :)

#66 Jack Gammel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 205 posts
  • LocationZiliang

Posted 16 January 2012 - 09:28 AM

View PostAlaskan Viking, on 16 January 2012 - 12:03 AM, said:

BURN HER!

If we could get a duck and a giant scale we would know for sure.

#67 Kyll Long

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 356 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 16 January 2012 - 11:14 AM

View PostVirgil Caine, on 16 January 2012 - 05:38 AM, said:

Like the vast majority of the population of your great house? Teach your people to read before questioning the literacy of other nations.

Yes we will teach our people to read so they can all be Generals just like the Great House Marik , now where's that sarcasm tag?

#68 Coralld

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,952 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 16 January 2012 - 12:28 PM

View PostTHE 3rdbreed, on 16 January 2012 - 05:51 AM, said:

*looks up sleeves*
hmmmm...nope and no....sorry no eye of newt or wolfsbane. Just consider my assertions a 100% hypothetical situation, pure speculation, just rambling with no bearing on the real inner sphere.
or are they?!

Pulling those ye old political correctness I see, doesnt mater what you call your self, a witch, is a witch, is a witch.

#69 Adridos

• Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 12:36 PM

View PostCoralld, on 16 January 2012 - 12:28 PM, said:

Pulling those ye old political correctness I see, doesnt mater what you call your self, a witch, is a witch, is a witch.

Witches were women which knew about flora and fauna a lot. Saving that knowledge instead of killing them would give so many types of cures, but history (theists) were against such thing, because it was "God's will" to see people suffer. This means that Davions use strict anti-advance policy which leaves them with either crappy, or foreign made tech. :)

#70 Coralld

• Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,952 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 16 January 2012 - 12:45 PM

View PostAdridos, on 16 January 2012 - 12:36 PM, said:

Witches were women which knew about flora and fauna a lot. Saving that knowledge instead of killing them would give so many types of cures, but history (theists) were against such thing, because it was "God's will" to see people suffer. This means that Davions use strict anti-advance policy which leaves them with either crappy, or foreign made tech. :)

Actually those be wickens were the ones who knew about flora and fauna and "imbude" their medicen with the power of nature. Witches on the other hand are those who invoke the power of dark entities such as demons and the like. two different things.

And what about all the purges that go on in Capellen space, hmmm? Those are also considered "witch hunts" because your crazy leader's that they them selves see as devine will it.

#71 Marauder3D

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 744 posts
  • LocationHuntress

Posted 16 January 2012 - 12:56 PM

As an old time House Davion fan, I really dug the original Davion sourcebook. I loved the look of the Federated Sunburst, which was the reason I picked up playing BT at all. Somewhere in that sourcebook, it said Hanse wanted to take back all the worlds still lost to the Combine after the First Succession War. The DC was a worthy opponent in 3025.

The problem with the 4th Succession War obviously wasn't beating Liao--that was a joke and at that time they were no match for the AFFS. The problem, that Hanse the smarty pants should have thought of is that you can't defend all those worlds once you take them. That means, Succession War style, it is only a matter of years before someone takes them back.

So Hanse loses more worlds, important worlds like Marduk and Quentin to the DC, and his promise of winning those worlds back for the Suns seems like hot air. He gives the Dragon times to breathe, to realize the danger of opposing the new FedCom, and they broker a deal with ComStar and the FedCom gets a rude surprise in 3039.

Fast forward to 3085 and the Capellans are more than just a match for the AFFS, the might have the better of it. Even by 3050 with the advent of the clans, the door is open to the Sarna March. The FedCom just doesn't have the troops to defend it while it fights the Falcon and the Wolf.

Long story short (too late!) Hanse should have manned up and formed the FedCom out of the Dieron Prefecture, and took back those worlds from the 1st Succession War as well. Shoulda Coulda Woulda. Now its too late.

Long live the Republic! (Mistweavers are stalking forward)
Mad3D

Edited by Marauder3D, 16 January 2012 - 12:57 PM.

#72 THE 4thbreed

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 67 posts
  • LocationN.Y.

Posted 16 January 2012 - 02:03 PM

go davion!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#73 Adridos

• Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 11:09 PM

View PostTHE 4thbreed, on 16 January 2012 - 02:03 PM, said:

go davion!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You're trolling your brother, aren't you? :)

#74 Trogusaur

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 314 posts
  • LocationKrogan homeworld of Tuchanka. Wait, different universe.

Posted 16 January 2012 - 11:42 PM

If he is, he got you to talk again :)

#75 THE 3rdbreed

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 65 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 12:14 PM

View PostAdridos, on 16 January 2012 - 11:09 PM, said:

You're trolling your brother, aren't you? ;)

Oh do not mind him. He is my little Davion Brother. It is a painful family secret, but we all got them don't we?

#76 Jack Gammel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 205 posts
  • LocationZiliang

Posted 20 January 2012 - 05:06 PM

View PostTHE 3rdbreed, on 20 January 2012 - 12:14 PM, said:

Oh do not mind him. He is my little Davion Brother. It is a painful family secret, but we all got them don't we?

Not in the Capellan Confederation you don't. If I were you I would be looking over your shoulder for the Maskirovka agent coming to remove you as a "security threat."

#77 THE 3rdbreed

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 65 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 06:12 AM

View PostJack Gammel, on 20 January 2012 - 05:06 PM, said:

Not in the Capellan Confederation you don't. If I were you I would be looking over your shoulder for the Maskirovka agent coming to remove you as a "security threat."

Maybe I am simply pulling a "Justin Xiang" on the FedSuns. After all it did not seem to matter for that viper-traitor that he was related to the FedSuns. As for the Mask, do not worry about them they only take out undesirables.

#78 Coralld

• Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,952 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 21 January 2012 - 10:47 AM

View PostTHE 3rdbreed, on 21 January 2012 - 06:12 AM, said:

Maybe I am simply pulling a "Justin Xiang" on the FedSuns. After all it did not seem to matter for that viper-traitor that he was related to the FedSuns. As for the Mask, do not worry about them they only take out undesirables.

How do you know that you your self are not considered an undesirable? Oh the joys of living under an opressive and pairanoid dictatorship must be horribly wonderfull.

#79 Omaha

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 559 posts
  • LocationAnywhere

Posted 21 January 2012 - 11:11 AM

Just remember folks....

Your piloting ability has nothing to do with the banner you carry. See you all on the fields.

#80 THE 3rdbreed

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 65 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 04:24 PM

View PostOmaha, on 21 January 2012 - 11:11 AM, said:

Just remember folks....

Your piloting ability has nothing to do with the banner you carry. See you all on the fields.

Really? :) jking
See you on the field Omaha! I take it you are a lone Wolf then?

How do you know that you your self are not considered an undesirable? Oh the joys of living under an opressive and pairanoid dictatorship must be horribly wonderfull.

Because I have not yet been taken out, Occams Razor. Better than living on the backs of those conquered by Davion.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users