• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 559 posts
  • LocationAnywhere

Posted 24 January 2012 - 12:45 AM

View PostTHE 3rdbreed, on 21 January 2012 - 04:24 PM, said:

Really? ;) jking
See you on the field Omaha! I take it you are a lone Wolf then?

I consider myself an equal opportunity mercenary. I only chose Lone Wolf because battlefields are lonely places.

Edited by Omaha, 24 January 2012 - 12:51 AM.

#82 Qin

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 186 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 11:06 AM

View PostMarauder3D, on 16 January 2012 - 12:56 PM, said:

As an old time House Davion fan, I really dug the original Davion sourcebook. I loved the look of the Federated Sunburst, which was the reason I picked up playing BT at all. Somewhere in that sourcebook, it said Hanse wanted to take back all the worlds still lost to the Combine after the First Succession War. The DC was a worthy opponent in 3025.

The problem with the 4th Succession War obviously wasn't beating Liao--that was a joke and at that time they were no match for the AFFS. The problem, that Hanse the smarty pants should have thought of is that you can't defend all those worlds once you take them. That means, Succession War style, it is only a matter of years before someone takes them back.

So Hanse loses more worlds, important worlds like Marduk and Quentin to the DC, and his promise of winning those worlds back for the Suns seems like hot air. He gives the Dragon times to breathe, to realize the danger of opposing the new FedCom, and they broker a deal with ComStar and the FedCom gets a rude surprise in 3039.

Fast forward to 3085 and the Capellans are more than just a match for the AFFS, the might have the better of it. Even by 3050 with the advent of the clans, the door is open to the Sarna March. The FedCom just doesn't have the troops to defend it while it fights the Falcon and the Wolf.

Long story short (too late!) Hanse should have manned up and formed the FedCom out of the Dieron Prefecture, and took back those worlds from the 1st Succession War as well. Shoulda Coulda Woulda. Now its too late.

Long live the Republic! (Mistweavers are stalking forward)
Mad3D

The Inner Sphere has been in a stalemate for quite some time now, problem is that most of the militaries are roughly equal. There are good times bad times.
When you take a hundred worlds from the enemy you need to guard those worlds, put forces on them to make sure the population keeps quiet, and nobody tries to take them back. You also need to guard your own worlds, even far inside your boarders, else somebody might come visit there. While an enemies army who looses gets more and more compressed into a smaller area, eventually you will run out of enough forces to conquer worlds, as you cannot bring a big enough army to outnumber the enemy atleased 3 to 1.

Without a serious production advantage from any side, or technological advantages you cannot compensate for it. so we keep loosing and winning worlds like any other successor state does.

And Liao has its followers so we cant hold on to their worlds forever ;)

#83 THE 3rdbreed

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 65 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 08:04 AM

@Qin: You are absolutely right! So why don't you Davions take a turn being the whipping boy of the inner sphere, and give back all the worlds you stole.......Oh right you would end with just the Crucis march. :)

#84 Qin

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 186 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 02:53 PM

Typical Liao... give them a cookie and they grab the whole jar.

Even if we would go back to star league time, the boarders would not change a lot, except for the piece we took after the wedding. The rest was a lot of back a forths.

#85 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 28 January 2012 - 02:59 PM

View PostQin, on 28 January 2012 - 02:53 PM, said:

Typical Davion... give him a cookie and he grabs the whole jar.

Fixed. :)

#86 Qin

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 186 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 03:10 PM

Hey hey i reserve the right to demonise all of Liao :)

#87 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 28 January 2012 - 03:15 PM

And where did that come from? :)

#88 Qin

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 186 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 03:28 PM

Ooow a few hundred year of warfare should do...

Unless you suggest we have a friendly bbq somewhere.... ill supply the plates.... :)

*nudges his secretary... find out who was Hanses supplier*

#89 Alaskan Viking

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts
  • LocationPalin Prime, Capital of the Alaskan Federation of Planets

Posted 29 January 2012 - 06:52 PM

I'll help you take the Cappellans down, but you guys have to take care of the Death Commandos first, I don't want those crazy ******** coming after me.

#90 Coralld

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,952 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 29 January 2012 - 11:12 PM

View PostAlaskan Viking, on 29 January 2012 - 06:52 PM, said:

I'll help you take the Cappellans down, but you guys have to take care of the Death Commandos first, I don't want those crazy ******** coming after me.

Don't werry, as soon as I moon them with my Atlas's shiny metal rear they will forget all about you.

#91 Alaskan Viking

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts
  • LocationPalin Prime, Capital of the Alaskan Federation of Planets

Posted 30 January 2012 - 02:35 PM

View PostCoralld, on 29 January 2012 - 11:12 PM, said:

Don't werry, as soon as I moon them with my Atlas's shiny metal rear they will forget all about you.

Are you sure about that? I hear they lay in ambush, waiting to use their Fairbairn daggers...in outhouses. No way I am ******* those guys off!

Edited by Alaskan Viking, 30 January 2012 - 02:35 PM.

#92 Jack Gallows

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,824 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 02:01 PM

View PostAdridos, on 14 January 2012 - 11:26 AM, said:

You are so dumb everyone hates you. Getting backstabbed like this is normal for someone as stupid and hated as you. :D

Which most Liao's know from personal experience, lol.

#93 Commraid

• PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 02:29 PM

I quote the posting ettiquette: "Consider the following things when posting:...Are you trying to start a fight?"
Thats all im gonna say :D

#94 Jack Gallows

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,824 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 04:40 PM

View PostCommraid, on 31 January 2012 - 02:29 PM, said:

I quote the posting ettiquette: "Consider the following things when posting:...Are you trying to start a fight?"
Thats all im gonna say :)

I don't start fights, I win them :D

With an AC/20!

#95 Tifalia

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 262 posts
  • LocationBoardwalk, Capellan Confederation

Posted 31 January 2012 - 04:58 PM

View Post19CJ70, on 15 January 2012 - 08:53 PM, said:

As usual Davion finds the need to pick on the smallest of the houses, not only that but they send in the illiterate first.

You have been trying to crush them for how many centuries?

Epic failures,...

Davions have no honour. The fact they never pick fights with anyone stronger than them just means that they are hiding their own weakness which we Capelland will exploit soon enough.
So let them rattle their sabres. Their Realm will soon be ours.

#96 Coralld

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,952 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 31 January 2012 - 09:07 PM

View PostTifalia, on 31 January 2012 - 04:58 PM, said:

Davions have no honour. The fact they never pick fights with anyone stronger than them just means that they are hiding their own weakness which we Capelland will exploit soon enough.

You keep dreaming about that while the Federation liberates your worlds right under your nose.

#97 Kyll Long

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 356 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 03 February 2012 - 01:43 PM

View PostCoralld, on 31 January 2012 - 09:07 PM, said:

You keep dreaming about that while the Federation liberates your worlds right under your nose.

This threads still going? Dont ya'll have something better to do like fight over yer CoC? :D

#98 Qin

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 186 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 05:50 PM

View PostTifalia, on 31 January 2012 - 04:58 PM, said:

Ofcource i like to disagree :lol:

In 3025 according to the House book Liao had 426 planets in 217 star systems, so far i could find House Davion had around 500.
But House Davion had about 3 times as much volume of space, so they had longer travel times. Also its harder for neighbouring units to support those under attack.
House Liao on the other hand is a very compact nation, this means its easier to defend against invading forces.

So if you want to blame something then blame your own military not being skilled enough to hang on to your planets :)

Im not even going to mention the raids on our worlds, the fact you tried to replaced our Prince with a puppet clone etc... oops i just did :lol:

Ofcource in the end all this talk is all talk..... this summer we will settle this one way or the other :(

*looks at his officers* Gentelmen... next stop...Sian.

#99 Radagast

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 47 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 09:46 AM

If it's OK with you Qin.....1FSAC will handle this..I beleive our Homeworld is the closest. ;)

Lft. Radagast-HG

#100 Misereor

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 11:27 AM

View PostTHE 4thbreed, on 12 January 2012 - 01:32 PM, said:

As Davions we have a civic dutie to KILL Liao and rid the universe of all liao scum on the bottom of our heel. Let us rise up and destroy all who oppose us, let Davion be on the lips of every man, women, and child who know Battletech, Let us be the tide of terror that sweeps over everyone in the universe that tries to denie what belongs to us davions! we will not rest till every enemy mech has been annihilated and ground to pieces! NOW WHO IS WITH ME!

And yet again, The Federated Suns proves that it consists of raving lunatics.

As if it wasn't proof enough that the psycopathic maniac you call a prince and his Steiner *****, chose to celebrate their wedding by murdering countless millions of our peaceful citizens.

I am proud to say that Baker Company of Charlie batallion of House Hiritsu has never taken a Davion pilot prisoner. Even though summary executions for crimes against humanity are much less than you deserve, it is good to know that your crimes do not go entirely unpunished.
The Federated Suns and their cronies in the Lyran Commonwealththan are as bad as Stefan Amaris ever was.

My only regret is that general Kerensky isn't coming back with the Star League army to punish you, like he did the usurper.
(Or something like that ;) )

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users