• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 1,573 posts
  • LocationElsewhere

Posted 16 August 2012 - 03:17 PM

View PostThom Frankfurt, on 16 August 2012 - 03:07 PM, said:

A VTOL pilot would be cool too....

And in case any of you were wondering I was looking up old tanks on Sarna, just trying to find one that 'feels right.' I'm being picky, it's not everyday that a GM will let you play a tank commander.

Haha - I spent all day picking mine out too Thom :)

#22 Thom Frankfurt

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,741 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSearounders Tavern, Port St. Williams, Coventry

Posted 16 August 2012 - 05:34 PM

There's a bunch of cool tanks to choose from. I'm really eyeballing that Bulldog, but I don't like the artwork.

#23 Oni Storm

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 07:17 PM

View PostThom Frankfurt, on 16 August 2012 - 05:34 PM, said:

There's a bunch of cool tanks to choose from. I'm really eyeballing that Bulldog, but I don't like the artwork.

You could always go with my personal favorite the Patton to play opposite of Nomad's Rommel

#24 Brenden

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,603 posts
  • LocationIS News Flash Breaking [:::]___[:::] News: at morning /(__)\ a patrol unit has (:)=\_ ¤_/=(:) seen the never /)(\ before witnessed [] . . [] strange designed /¥\ . /¥\ 'Mech

Posted 16 August 2012 - 07:31 PM

What about an Ostsol?

Edited by Brenden, 16 August 2012 - 07:49 PM.

#25 Thom Frankfurt

• 2,741 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 07:40 PM

View PostOni Storm, on 16 August 2012 - 07:17 PM, said:

You could always go with my personal favorite the Patton to play opposite of Nomad's Rommel

Was thinking about that too... Oh and earlier when I mentioned the 'Bulldog' I actually meant the Manicore. Just looking for that perfect blend of armor speed and firepower.

#26 G is for Gamma

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 418 posts
  • LocationDr Dude, Dr Mom.

Posted 16 August 2012 - 09:32 PM

Nothing beats a Savannah Master . ^^

#27 Thom Frankfurt

• 2,741 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 04:28 AM

Yeah those things are a pain in the a$$ or badass depending on what end of the med laser you are..

#28 Oni Storm

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 08:12 AM

god I hatted those things in the tabletop, freaking suicide bombers that would kneecap you with their charges. :P

Edited by Oni Storm, 17 August 2012 - 08:12 AM.

#29 Brenden

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,603 posts
  • LocationIS News Flash Breaking [:::]___[:::] News: at morning /(__)\ a patrol unit has (:)=\_ ¤_/=(:) seen the never /)(\ before witnessed [] . . [] strange designed /¥\ . /¥\ 'Mech

Posted 17 August 2012 - 11:25 AM

Yo, moonchompers. Would an Ostsol work?

#30 Oni Storm

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 11:56 AM

View PostBrenden, on 17 August 2012 - 11:25 AM, said:

Yo, moonchompers. Would an Ostsol work?

Yes if you really want want to play a mech pilot I can make a Ostsol work. It is highly advised that you don't get too attached to it though with the coming invasion, however you are welcome to present a character and play one.

Some things to consider You'll be assigned to Ryan's Rebals 2nd Battalion 2nd company command lance under the command of Lorin Myers, a tall and lanky blonde who wears her hair long and straight all the down to just above her butt so that it temptingly screens her tattoo and allows peeks through it as she walks. She is extremely flirty and likable but don't return her advances least you see the demon that lies beneath. Sh has the direct backing of Hope's Matriarch and pilots the heaviest mech in defense of the city. If you like you can be her XO but don't screw this job up as she's "replaced" her last 3 XOs (1 of which survived) with permanent burn marks to the skull.

If you don't want do be her XO that's fine as well and probably better for you if you don't want her challenge.

Send me a private PM with your character concept and include his or her goals and fears [see previous posts]

Thanks, Good luck, and welcome

#31 Brenden

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,603 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 05:27 PM

Name: Bjorn Iisenfaust
Mech: Black, White and Green Ostsol
Variant: Stock
Reason for joining up the group: Needed the money and a chance to do something not so... Boring.
Brief history:

He landed on the planet with his Ostsol in tow, looking forward at a chance of working with a group where he could be his own man for a change. He was originally part of the Steiner Army but was discharged for an incident that happened while on garrison duty. What they didn't know, that is, he took off with an Ostsol as payment for years of service. To throw off supision, he repainted it and gave it a special look: The tips of the fingers of the machine curved inward like a claw but was mostly for asthetics, and each footcap was given spikes for better gripping of the land. It has as well been covered with various "lucky" charms given to him by numerous fellow pilots and even some locals..He has been in the employ of the Rebels for just going on a year now. Where he has been well recevied since his first landing, having proven very useful on a number of raids for his quick moves and ability to get away mostly unscathed.

#32 Thom Frankfurt

• 2,741 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 12:34 AM

Name: Louis Jennings Jr.
Callsign: Lucky Lou
Date of Birth/Age: Feb 7, 3028. McHenry, Federated Suns
Current mech/vehicle: Commands from the Command seat of a Zhukov heavy tank, which the rebels salvaged from a DCMS unit. Oddly enough the tank was found in the camps motorpool as if it was being examined by techs prior to the raid. Drove off with it.

House Affiliation: No Affiliation, despite being from the FedSuns.
Military History: One year at the Robinson Military Academy, despite being an good student and passing all exams, flunked out from poor grades in the protocol portion halfway through his sophmore year. After shaming and embarassing his family through his discharge from the academy, he joined up with the first merc outfit he found, a group by the name of Brandon's Blackhearts. They headed out to the periphery hunting bandits, but after a few months of barely scrapping by they disolved with some becoming bandits themselves.

Physical Description: Standing 5'10 with broad shoulders and a boxers build. Well muscled, he weighs around 180lbs. Has a thick head of reddish brown hair and steely gray eyes. He tries to sport a goatee but his facial hair is too thin for anything presentable, so he refers to it as his 'Summer beard- somer here, somer there.' Despite this he refuses to shave it off. Wears miltary style cargo pants in solid colors, black, khaki, brown, green, gray. Sports normal shirts, along with a well worn green paramilitary jacket that he's had for almost ever.

Open Background: Born on the planet McHenry in the Fed Suns [not sure what march it is in] to the owners of a small winery, Louis was destined to inherent the family buisness, but longed for more. After much begging and whining his wish was granted, admitance to the prestigious Robinson Military Academy, as wish that near bankrupted his family in the process. He got good grades in all exams except protocol, he just doesn't have any mind for it. After being booted from college he has refused to go back home in shame so he's taken to the mercenary/pirate lifestyle with gusto. His year at academy has been most useful amongst the rougher crowd. displaying a grasp on tactics and organization he's been a boon to Ryan's Rebels. Quickly earning promotions. He's quick to offer friendly advice to any that ask for it, but mostly stays quiet and aloof. Despite being a bandit, he doesn't engage in wanton acts of violence and theft, unless abosolutely nessacary or ordered. He believes in the age old proverb that you don't s**t where you eat, so he doesn't condone injustaces against the locals.

But that doesn't mean he takes s**t from anyone.

Deep Background: GM knows. :huh:
Open Fear: Louis is highly arachnaphobic, which has led to many episodes of his tank crew teasing him. He's so arachnaphobic that he's been known to shoot spiders with a pisol.

Let me know if everything is okay. The Zhukov is the tank that an old NPC of mine had up untill the Snakes killed him in it. There's nothing really special about it, despite having some customizations done to it. It just has some character.

Edited by Thom Frankfurt, 19 August 2012 - 09:51 AM.

#33 Oni Storm

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 04:53 AM

Welcome Brenden and Thom, to our happy (for now, mwahahahah) little group on cut-throat, crazed, and down-trodden adventurers.

I've got you stuff so feel free to post in the RP at any time

Edited by Oni Storm, 20 August 2012 - 04:05 PM.

#34 Oni Storm

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 04:15 PM

Just a heads up to my players and readers out there. I'm going to try to catch up everyone in the time line and if I haven't heard back via either IM or a post to the role play forum by tomorrow I'm going to momentarily take control of your character in order to progress the story along to the events of the 30th. Please feel free to jump back in at any time if you couldn't make it, but I feel I need to move this along before the interest is lost. Mainly I need to hear responses from Gammadin and torgain. Gam I know you are kinda removed right now, but I'd like to get the day straight at least across the board for everyone and torgain has a crux point for his response, so need to get it going..

I hope this is acceptable for everyone, thankyou for your time and attention and hope you enjoy what's to come :P

Edited by Oni Storm, 20 August 2012 - 04:16 PM.

#35 Thom Frankfurt

• 2,741 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 12:49 PM

Apologies for any silence on my part.. waiting for the timeline to catch up with my character. I imagine that my dude was WAY drunk the night before and thats why he missed all the action with the rogue Cicada running amok.

#36 Thom Frankfurt

• 2,741 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 06:34 PM

Umm just to be clear, Nomad and myself are not in the ops center? Or are we out in the motorpool?

#37 Listless Nomad

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 1,573 posts
  • LocationElsewhere

Posted 28 August 2012 - 06:38 PM

I'm in the ops center, not in the motorpool.

#38 Oni Storm

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 07:43 PM

View PostThom Frankfurt, on 28 August 2012 - 06:34 PM, said:

Umm just to be clear, Nomad and myself are not in the ops center? Or are we out in the motorpool?

yes to be exact I believe you Thom, are with your tank and Nomad is in Ops. Hence I've given you time to stumble in, if you like, might I suggest some "hair of the dog" before entering though :)

#39 Thom Frankfurt

• 2,741 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 04:49 PM

Thanks for clearing that up. Do you want me to go into detail about my tank crew and make character sheets for them or would it be okay if I just give them names and a basic discription?

#40 Listless Nomad

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 1,573 posts
  • LocationElsewhere

Posted 29 August 2012 - 04:52 PM

Thom are you with my tank lance or are you attached somewhere else? I'm going to write up my tank moving out and I need to know of I should interact with your character ;)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users