235 replies to this topic

#61 ReXspec

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 502 posts
  • LocationOrem, Utah

Posted 09 August 2012 - 05:22 PM

The Mad Cat/Timberwolf is all well and good... but where is the love for the vulture?

#62 Lycan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 09:35 PM

View Postfccolhitman, on 08 August 2012 - 04:04 PM, said:

actually i think the most iconic mech is the WARHAMMER.
madcat/timberwof is iconic to clans as the atlas is to the IS but when most ppl think of mechwarrior its the warhammer most ppl think of tbh.now i would love to see the battlemaster hauptman rifleman so on for the IS.
the clans did have alot of things going for them but numbers the IS had more mechs to throw at them.
the us Sherman tank tatic lol vs the tiger .

I was going to reply to that post but then someone else did so I liked his post instead of making my own.

Then i saw your post and had to add that whenever I think of Battletech it's the Battlemaster that pops into my head.

Its kind of a shame that the later iterations of the Mechwarrior games completely ignored the IS in favor of the Clans . . .

#63 Skadi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,268 posts
  • LocationUtgarde Pinnacle

Posted 09 August 2012 - 09:42 PM

View PostIronWolf Vascus, on 08 August 2012 - 06:10 PM, said:

Could have been an Urban Mech with gum stuck on the seat.. Posted Image

What flavor?

#64 Deathz Jester

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,107 posts
  • LocationOH, USA

Posted 10 August 2012 - 11:51 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 09 August 2012 - 03:35 PM, said:

At one point there was also Clan Fox, I want to say Clan Demolisher but I am certain I have the name wrong and a couple more that the names elude me.

I know this cause a player I know created Clan Fox after seeing it as a Clan in a MechForce US add in the back of The BattleTech Compendium IIRC. See there was going to be 24 Clans but with Wolf and Coyote the Fox seemed redundant. Clan Demolisher (or what ever the name was) was dropped due to not having an actual Animal totem. So I do believe he is both correct and incorrect. He is Correct because there WERE more than 20 Clans, just some of them were destroyed by editing.

Clan Stone Lion was a MWDA clan so I will have to call that one out as It was not a founding clan.

I dont know if it has anything to do with it, but I know that there's a "Not-named" clan

View PostReXspec, on 09 August 2012 - 05:22 PM, said:

The Mad Cat/Timberwolf is all well and good... but where is the love for the vulture?

I actually like the Vulture more than the Mad Cat, but it seems the large majority of people with the "WHERES MY CLAN MECH" threads ask about the Mad Cat first.

View PostSkadi, on 09 August 2012 - 09:42 PM, said:

What flavor?

Extra trashy

#65 Morblore

Rookie

• The 1 Percent
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 10:41 AM

View PostIron Harlequin, on 10 August 2012 - 11:51 AM, said:

I dont know if it has anything to do with it, but I know that there's a "Not-named" clan

I actually like the Vulture more than the Mad Cat, but it seems the large majority of people with the "WHERES MY CLAN MECH" threads ask about the Mad Cat first.

Extra trashy

I used to love the Shadow Cat. That would be my first pic. I would load mine with ether 3 LBX 10's or an LBX 20 and one LBX 10. It was an awesome little mech that could kick real butt in the right pilots hands.

#66 Deathz Jester

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,107 posts
  • LocationOH, USA

Posted 11 August 2012 - 01:21 PM

View PostMorblore, on 11 August 2012 - 10:41 AM, said:

I used to love the Shadow Cat. That would be my first pic. I would load mine with ether 3 LBX 10's or an LBX 20 and one LBX 10. It was an awesome little mech that could kick real butt in the right pilots hands.

Its one of the most versatile mechs made by the clans

#67 Skadi

• 4,268 posts
  • LocationUtgarde Pinnacle

Posted 11 August 2012 - 01:41 PM

Extra trashy

Posted Image

#68 Deathz Jester

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,107 posts
  • LocationOH, USA

Posted 12 August 2012 - 10:07 AM

View PostSkadi, on 11 August 2012 - 01:41 PM, said:

Posted Image

That will forever be my reaction to someone mentioning the clans

#69 Geneslicer

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 47 posts
  • LocationMaidenhead, England

Posted 12 August 2012 - 10:30 AM

View PostReXspec, on 09 August 2012 - 05:22 PM, said:

i feel your pain dude ... i want the maddog and the timberwolf ... :D

Edited by Geneslicer, 12 August 2012 - 10:44 AM.

#70 Geneslicer

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 47 posts
  • LocationMaidenhead, England

Posted 12 August 2012 - 10:47 AM

Extra trashy

the not named clan = CLAN WOLVERINE

Edited by Geneslicer, 12 August 2012 - 10:48 AM.

#71 Stormwolf

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,951 posts
  • LocationCW Dire Wolf

Posted 12 August 2012 - 11:51 AM

I'd seriously sticky this in the general discussion forum where 90% of the "Mad Cat" requests are made.The other 10% are made in the suggestions forum, so maybe a nice warning there would also be a good thing.

#72 kevichsky

Rookie

• 8 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 05:49 PM

Dude we need a MAD CAT in this. Maybe a Mad Dog(Vulture). The pulse lasers in this game are pretty nice.

View PostGeneslicer, on 12 August 2012 - 10:30 AM, said:

i feel your pain dude ... i want the maddog and the timberwolf ... :(

That mad dog is no match for a nova cat, and a uziel... nice video tho

#73 VoodooLou Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 595 posts
  • LocationMember #2618

Posted 12 August 2012 - 06:22 PM

1st Off Thanks Iron Harlequin, well done.
Now to the heart of the matter:
What disturbs me the most about the dating of the Clan Invasion of the Inner Sphere is this: Wolfs Dragoons was sent into the Inner Sphere in 3005 as a Recon to determine the Strengths and Weaknesses of the Inner Sphere for the Clans by the Grand Council. Now knowing that even the Clans have problems with each other (which is Why there is a Grand Council, basically its too keep individual Clans from tearing each other apart), and there was no Injunction made by the Grand Council denying Clans other than Clan Wolf (from whom the majority of the Wolfs Dragoons got their Personnel and Equipment from) to send out their Own Recon forces. Wolfs Dragoons are just the Grand Councils, for the benefit of ALL the Clans,Recon Force. Honestly can you see Clan Jade Falcon or Smoke Jaguar not sending out their own Recon force to send back information?
And what about the Bandit Caste? Just because they are the Rejects of Clan Society that doesnt mean they arent with-out means of their own and they wouldnt have survived into the Jihad (yeah yeah I know I know Abomination yadda yadda) Era if they werent resourceful and well equiped. Its been speculated that the Bandit Caste has portions of the Eliminated and Absorbed Clans that were never accounted for. We all tend to forget that Strana Mechty, which is more than likely the most populated of the Clan worlds, only boasted a population of 136 Million, thats roughly one-third of the population of the United States, while Luthien has a Population of approximately 7 Billion. That leaves alot of Territory to house the Bandit Caste undetected, and there are other Clan Planets that wont be as populated which makes them even better for the Bandit Caste to use.
In conclusion, Yes the Periphery isnt seen as the Inner Sphere by the Houses and the Denizens of the Periphery, but to the Clans the Periphery is part of the Inner Sphere. And if Mercenaries are being deployed to these regions (thats how Phelan Kell got captured by Clan Wolf on the 13th of August 3049 (Tomorrow!!!))) then I dont see why Clans wont be encountered (and Personally I've been a Clanner (and a contractions using one at that!) for a long time (Granted its been as part of the Bandit Caste but thats another story) and I look forward to jumping into my (Stolen from Smoke Jaguar) Cauldron Born (has a much nicer ring to it than Ebon Jaguar) loading on Dual LBX-20's, LBX-10 and 2 ER Medium Lasers for some close in Brawling Action!

#74 Sidney

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 129 posts
  • LocationOttawa, Ontario

Posted 12 August 2012 - 08:36 PM

Very nice.

Liked.

I haven't gone over it in detail, but I suggest you touch up the below:

View PostIron Harlequin, on 06 August 2012 - 06:46 PM, said:

Q. How many Clans are there?

A. There are a total of 23* Clans: Blood Spirit, Burrock, Cloud Cobra, Coyote, Diamond Shark, Fire Mandrill, Ghost Bear, Goliath Scorpion, Hell's Horses, Ice Hellion, Jade Falcon, Mongoose, Nova Cat, Sea Fox, Smoke Jaguar, Snow Raven, Steel Viper, Stone Lion, Widowmaker, Wolf, Wolf-in-Exile, Wolverine. *Not all 23 clans existed at the same time, for example(s), Widowmaker was absorbed by clan Wolf, Clan Wolf-in-Exile did not exist until Clan Wolf had the Refusal War with Clan Jade Falcon, Wolverine was wiped out due to holding different views than the other Clans.

There have actually been 22 Clans- not 23 (Clan Diamond Shark and Clan Sea Fox are the same Clan. Clan Sea Fox found its totem animal being wiped out by a genetically modified 'Diamond Shark' by the Snow Ravens, and so adopted the shark as their totem animal and changed their name. When they returned to the Inner Sphere, they eventually changed their name back to make it easier to sell Clan gear to the Inner Sphere. E.g "No, we're not the mean nasty Sharks that invaded. We're the friendly Sea Foxes! We want to be friends! Buy our crap!)

Of which, Clan Wolf (in Exile) isn't actually a Clan per se- they are Abjured Wolf (technically Falcon) warriors who claim to be the Clan Wolf...in Exile. Hence the name.

The twenty second Clan is Jade Wolf which existed for a grand...two weeks. To keep it brief, Clan Wolf was Absorbed (I.e, dead). The Falcons' saKhan subsequently Abjured approx. 3 Galaxies while the Falcon Khan created a new Clan called Jade Wolf and gifted all of remaining Wolf assests to Jade Wolf. Two weeks later, the Khan of Jade Wolf created a 'new' Clan and gifted all of Jade Wolf's assests to the 'new' Wolf- at which point he declared that Clan Wolf was back. Thereafter, the Clans seem to acknowledge that the 'new' Clan Wolf has always been 'the' Clan Wolf.

It's a major headache- so I would remove Clan Wolf (in Exile) from the list and treat Clan Wolf as most of the Clans seem to: It's one Clan, currently divided in two.

You can either put the number of Clans at 21, or put it at 22 and add Jade Wolf to be technically accurate.

Edited by Sidney, 12 August 2012 - 08:42 PM.

#75 Harlock Fredrick

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 99 posts
  • LocationMissoula Montana

Posted 12 August 2012 - 10:17 PM

The Timber wolf will probably come out some time next year because right now its August 3049 and the clans don't invade untell 3050. I know allot of us can't wait for it to come. I know i cant wait to pilot a Timber Wolf

#76 Deathz Jester

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,107 posts
  • LocationOH, USA

Posted 13 August 2012 - 12:56 AM

View PostVoodooLou Kerensky, on 12 August 2012 - 06:22 PM, said:

1st Off Thanks Iron Harlequin, well done.
Now to the heart of the matter:
What disturbs me the most about the dating of the Clan Invasion of the Inner Sphere is this: Wolfs Dragoons was sent into the Inner Sphere in 3005 as a Recon to determine the Strengths and Weaknesses of the Inner Sphere for the Clans by the Grand Council. Now knowing that even the Clans have problems with each other (which is Why there is a Grand Council, basically its too keep individual Clans from tearing each other apart), and there was no Injunction made by the Grand Council denying Clans other than Clan Wolf (from whom the majority of the Wolfs Dragoons got their Personnel and Equipment from) to send out their Own Recon forces. Wolfs Dragoons are just the Grand Councils, for the benefit of ALL the Clans,Recon Force. Honestly can you see Clan Jade Falcon or Smoke Jaguar not sending out their own Recon force to send back information?
And what about the Bandit Caste? Just because they are the Rejects of Clan Society that doesnt mean they arent with-out means of their own and they wouldnt have survived into the Jihad (yeah yeah I know I know Abomination yadda yadda) Era if they werent resourceful and well equiped. Its been speculated that the Bandit Caste has portions of the Eliminated and Absorbed Clans that were never accounted for. We all tend to forget that Strana Mechty, which is more than likely the most populated of the Clan worlds, only boasted a population of 136 Million, thats roughly one-third of the population of the United States, while Luthien has a Population of approximately 7 Billion. That leaves alot of Territory to house the Bandit Caste undetected, and there are other Clan Planets that wont be as populated which makes them even better for the Bandit Caste to use.
In conclusion, Yes the Periphery isnt seen as the Inner Sphere by the Houses and the Denizens of the Periphery, but to the Clans the Periphery is part of the Inner Sphere. And if Mercenaries are being deployed to these regions (thats how Phelan Kell got captured by Clan Wolf on the 13th of August 3049 (Tomorrow!!!))) then I dont see why Clans wont be encountered (and Personally I've been a Clanner (and a contractions using one at that!) for a long time (Granted its been as part of the Bandit Caste but thats another story) and I look forward to jumping into my (Stolen from Smoke Jaguar) Cauldron Born (has a much nicer ring to it than Ebon Jaguar) loading on Dual LBX-20's, LBX-10 and 2 ER Medium Lasers for some close in Brawling Action!

SSSsssshhhhhh!!!! You're making too much sense! lol

View PostSidney, on 12 August 2012 - 08:36 PM, said:

Very nice.

Liked.

I haven't gone over it in detail, but I suggest you touch up the below:

There have actually been 22 Clans- not 23 (Clan Diamond Shark and Clan Sea Fox are the same Clan. Clan Sea Fox found its totem animal being wiped out by a genetically modified 'Diamond Shark' by the Snow Ravens, and so adopted the shark as their totem animal and changed their name. When they returned to the Inner Sphere, they eventually changed their name back to make it easier to sell Clan gear to the Inner Sphere. E.g "No, we're not the mean nasty Sharks that invaded. We're the friendly Sea Foxes! We want to be friends! Buy our crap!)

Of which, Clan Wolf (in Exile) isn't actually a Clan per se- they are Abjured Wolf (technically Falcon) warriors who claim to be the Clan Wolf...in Exile. Hence the name.

The twenty second Clan is Jade Wolf which existed for a grand...two weeks. To keep it brief, Clan Wolf was Absorbed (I.e, dead). The Falcons' saKhan subsequently Abjured approx. 3 Galaxies while the Falcon Khan created a new Clan called Jade Wolf and gifted all of remaining Wolf assests to Jade Wolf. Two weeks later, the Khan of Jade Wolf created a 'new' Clan and gifted all of Jade Wolf's assests to the 'new' Wolf- at which point he declared that Clan Wolf was back. Thereafter, the Clans seem to acknowledge that the 'new' Clan Wolf has always been 'the' Clan Wolf.

It's a major headache- so I would remove Clan Wolf (in Exile) from the list and treat Clan Wolf as most of the Clans seem to: It's one Clan, currently divided in two.

You can either put the number of Clans at 21, or put it at 22 and add Jade Wolf to be technically accurate.

So condensed what would that read as?

Oh my god this got stickied :D , i just noticed that lol

#77 Sidney

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 129 posts
  • LocationOttawa, Ontario

Posted 13 August 2012 - 03:33 AM

View PostIron Harlequin, on 13 August 2012 - 12:56 AM, said:

So condensed what would that read as?

Change the number of Clans from 23 to 22.

- Add Jade Wolf to the list.
- Remove both Wolf (in Exile) and Sea Fox from the list
- Change the text of "Diamond Shark" to "Diamond Shark (Sea Fox)"

Is what I would do.

#78 Phiren

Rookie

• Bridesmaid
  • 6 posts
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 13 August 2012 - 06:11 AM

Cant wait for my Cauldron-born!

#79 Deathz Jester

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,107 posts
  • LocationOH, USA

Posted 13 August 2012 - 10:25 PM

View PostSidney, on 13 August 2012 - 03:33 AM, said:

Change the number of Clans from 23 to 22.

- Add Jade Wolf to the list.
- Remove both Wolf (in Exile) and Sea Fox from the list
- Change the text of "Diamond Shark" to "Diamond Shark (Sea Fox)"

Is what I would do.

I mean I can mention Jade Wolf but I'd hardly call them a clan when they existed for 19 days.....where as Wolf & Wolf In Exile still exist.... even though arguably Exile is in fact a splinter off of Wolf. But as its pointed out Clan Wolf is still a Crusader Clan, Clan Wolf in Exile is a Warden Clan....

#80 Alaric Howard

• PipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 33 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 07:32 PM

View PostSamuikaze, on 07 August 2012 - 01:50 AM, said:

And remember now, that is not the way to pilot a Timber Wolf ! B) I remember thinking when that first came out, ERPPC's one shotting a JJing mech? ERPPC/MG's config? No, no, no, no, no.

Nice thread Iron.

The whole time I was thinking "Fire the ER PPCs again! You're out of MG ammo already! Oh... OH NO!"

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users