703 replies to this topic

#301 UBCslayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 233 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 27 May 2012 - 09:59 AM

In MW4 Vengeance the Daishi seemed to be the way to go, especially in urban environments... I loaded mine up with 3 X LBXAC 20 and a few large lasers and was pretty much unbeatable in the city.

#302 SMDMadCow

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,055 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX

Posted 27 May 2012 - 11:29 PM

View PostRejarial Galatan, on 26 May 2012 - 05:26 PM, said:

Dire Wolf Production information Manufacturer Wolf Clan Site #1 Introduced 3010

need i say more?

It's 3049. Game is from an Inner Sphere viewpoint. Clans have not invaded yet and we don't know about them. Therefore, what's a Clan/Daishi?

#303 Rejarial Galatan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4,312 posts
  • LocationOutter Periphery

Posted 27 May 2012 - 11:44 PM

clans take their first swing at us, atleast on the 'outskirts' in august, so, SOME of the IS will know of them, starting, IIRC Kurita, since Kell works for us lol. BUT, what is a Daishi? I keep hearing that name tossed about, do you guys mean Dire Wolf? hehe

#304 Neilas Astelan

Rookie

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 28 May 2012 - 06:32 AM

Atlas

Only problem I have with the Daishi is the massive center torso that screams "SHOOT ME." I had that problem when I played MW4:Merc when I ran it as my main assault mech.

#305 Saimon

Rookie

• 7 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 28 May 2012 - 06:36 AM

Atlas...

#306 Sarriss

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 203 posts
  • LocationHalifax, NS

Posted 28 May 2012 - 06:42 AM

Look at all the Inner Sphere scum choosing an Atlas! Pathetic! Give me a Dire Wolf or give me Dea...any other comparable clan assault mech.

P.S I know you aren't all scum...just the scum-y ones.

#307 Crue

• Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 12:34 PM

I prefer the Dire Wolf to the Atlas.

#308 Victor Morson

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 6,370 posts
  • LocationAnder's Moon

Posted 29 May 2012 - 01:42 AM

Looks: Daishi
Firepower: Daishi
Style: Daishi

Outside of MW4/MW4:BK where you could make an insanely good LGR boat out of the Atlas, I'm sorry, it just can't measure up. This is coming from a die-hard IS fan. I could point you at many other IS assaults I'd take over a Daishi in various versions of the game. On table top though, even the best of them wouldn't really hold up.

#309 Daijiro

• Pip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationCape Town South Africa

Posted 29 May 2012 - 11:16 AM

give me the skullface anyday. diashi has zero sex appeal

#310 InADaze

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 114 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 11:26 AM

View PostStormwolf, on 24 January 2012 - 11:24 AM, said:

Dire Wolf, I'd only use it to annoy the Smoke Jaguars.

Couldn't agree more.

#311 Specialagent82

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • 4 posts
  • LocationBremen, Germany

Posted 29 May 2012 - 11:39 AM

DAISHI all way long!!!

#312 Black Mage

• Pip
  • Knight Errant
  • 14 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 01:00 PM

View PostNeoDac, on 26 May 2012 - 09:39 AM, said:

This is as has been pointed out a fairly pointless debate because it has no ground rules for why you would pick the mech..

the Daishi is simply put clan tech clan tech is better than IS tech but unless your the leader of a great house or otherwise amazingly well funded its near impossible to repair and maintain for the inner sphere for years and years to come after the clan invasion.

The Atlas is probably the most Iconic assault mech in existence its the mech Alexander Kerensky wanted to take completely with him out of the inner sphere unfortunately most of the pilots didn't want to go... think about that long and hard.. if he'd gotten his way there would probably be an omni atlas in the daishi's slot. (side note to the people calling him the founder of the clans.. sorry that's Nickolas his son.
its got a much longer history of kicking *** and taking names than the Daishi. whoever said the Daishi is more iconic back there is smoking something.. and is probably thinking of the Timberwolf/Madcat which was the postermech for battletech during the clan invasion... and frankly probably a better this versus that if your going to compare inner sphere atlases to clan mechs

and those of you going on about how its a DIRE WOLF... you have a point and you dont. it is the proper clan name but the first name that got into players hands was DAISHI its the name they have in the tech readouts yeah their clan names are there in parenthesis on the page but whats the big type at the top say? yep Daishi

and frankly the people who just point out tonnage for weapons aren't thinking.. mind you it seems that these people only play MW4 toss the same basic improvments (namely an XL engine inner sphere is just as light as a clan XL both use standard internal structure and armor by default) and you can get similar tonnage for weaponry and you know which version of the atlas does JUST that? as7-k the one that comes out to fight the clans. tonnage for weapons is the same.. sadly clan weapon tonnages are lower so the daishi will still outgun the atlas.. but you can always refit an atlas with clan tech..

and to add it in here because waaay back there we were told to compare it to the atlas instead of the Dire Wolf... lets look at the annihilator. i generally hate this mech personally i respect it but i don't like it. lots of power in those arms this is the mech that won me mechwarrior 3 but I've never liked the design or the base load-out.

but no matter what if we're gonna have this discussion lets please keep this to the base mechs and not how you can max one or the other out in this game or that because simply put when it comes to the tabletop setting or any mechwarrior before 4 and its infernal hardpoint system you can put exactly the same weapons on both base chasis with the same heatsinks (because you can put clan equipment in your atlas frame ) for the exact same loadouts and configurations. and frankly given inner sphere ingenuity over the clans... your more likely to see an atlas walking around with more and bigger guns than a daishi (after all theres still endosteel and ferro fibrous to add quineg?)

and to make another point (i came in late got a lot of things i want to address.) yeah the reasons for clan superiority are massively illogical

lets start with their tech superiority... the early clans were barely able to survive had much more savage (in total population terms) than the inner sphere has had and then had to BUILD factories to make new mechs inner sphere had what amounted to buissiness as usual and couldnt recover because the factories that built the mechs got smashed and for some reason couldn't be rebuilt huh?

Clan warriors basicaly told absolutely no history and expected to be the best warriors ever.. um yeah heres the oldest trick in the book the clan warrior looks on what the heck just happened? from this we know they have no sense of decent strategy or probably tactics.. especialy above the single warrior level they are taught from birth to fight at... greatest warriors my *bleep* this is part of why Natasha Kerensky was able to dive back into clan wolf and take over. while she was old for the clans she'd spent that time learning the book.. that the clans weren't allow to know existed.

we are the best because we are not freebirth we are genetically selected and altered in steel wombs and decanted aside from whatever got them to the initial set of phenotypes this is complete stagnation any genetic abnormality is removed which means that while everyone else is evolving through random mutation the clans are staying the same when the rest of humanity has evolved beyond physical form and developed all sorts of neat mental powers the clan trueborns will still be exactly as they are today.. only with less genetic diversity since you know programs like that breed that right out..

I think you know your stuff bro lol
Any other knowledge you would like to part with us?

#313 Rejarial Galatan

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4,312 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 07:39 PM

I am going to correct NeoDac on something here. He is absolutely WRONG on the name of the Dire Wolf and what it was named when players first got a hold of it. http://www.sarna.net..._Century_Combat
This proves that we ALL <those who played MW2 and the expansions> saw the "DAISHI" as infact the Dire Wolf.

#314 Alpha Six

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • 30 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 08:21 PM

Got to be the Dire Wolf, the alpha strike on that was absolutely devestating. I'm just trying to figure out what I am going to use until the dire wolf is available.

#315 LordDeathStrike

• The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 1,456 posts
  • LocationBanished from nearly every world of the Inner Sphere on suspicions of being an assassin.

Posted 29 May 2012 - 08:28 PM

View PostRejarial Galatan, on 27 May 2012 - 11:44 PM, said:

clans take their first swing at us, atleast on the 'outskirts' in august, so, SOME of the IS will know of them, starting, IIRC Kurita, since Kell works for us lol. BUT, what is a Daishi? I keep hearing that name tossed about, do you guys mean Dire Wolf? hehe

inner sphere proper fighting the clans is mid 3050, a year away. periphery is all pirates and whatnot, nobody cares about them.

#316 Rejarial Galatan

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4,312 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 08:30 PM

actually, in a thread relating to what factions we all would like to see at some point, pirates were mentioned as something SOME people wanna see. I for one, have waited since the last expansion of MW2 to fight as a Clan Warrior again, another year wont kill me, just bring me closer to Solahma age :S

#317 TriggerhappySOB

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 129 posts
  • LocationMCAS Miramar, California

Posted 29 May 2012 - 09:03 PM

Dire wolf... I love the atlas but the Daishi has a special place in my heart. However I wont say no to an atlas. Ever...

#318 byFid

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 296 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 09:19 PM

WARLORD!!!

#319 MechRaccoon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 312 posts
  • LocationIn a dumpster. A walking, nuclear powered, space dumpster with lasers on it.

Posted 30 May 2012 - 02:09 PM

To all who picked the Daishi-er, I mean, Dire Wolf:

Can the Dai-er, Dire Wolf grab the enemy's leg and rip it out of it's socket before using it to beat the enemy to death, Quineg?

#320 Lightdragon

• 1,212 posts
  • Locationwisconsin

Posted 30 May 2012 - 02:22 PM

i choose neither, id rather pilot a king crab or a thunder hawk

49 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 49 guests, 0 anonymous users