Any STO Refugees posting on the forum yet?

85 replies to this topic

#21 Jerot

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 48 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, AB

Posted 13 August 2012 - 01:11 PM

100% with Renaissance, the game really has only gotten better. That being said, I'm not saying its a perfect game in any sense of the word. I've disagreed with many of the decisions they've chosen to make. But as a lifetimer I can just hop in and out whenever I want, so if I find myself frustrated or bored, I just play other games until there is something new to do.

Burnout is just a natural part of any game you try to stick with for more then a year or two.

Edited by Jerot, 13 August 2012 - 01:12 PM.

#22 Ihasa

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Clan Exemplar
  • Clan Exemplar
  • 843 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco

Posted 13 August 2012 - 01:15 PM

Thinking about making my way over here from STO too.

-formerly known as @genxcraig

#23 PirateLincoln

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 152 posts
  • LocationJacksonville, USA

Posted 13 August 2012 - 01:16 PM

I play STO, though since hitting the cap I've mainly been doing nothing but managing my doffs.

Never bothered finding people to play with 'cause it was so easy to solo, but I've been thinking about finding a fleet. I enjoy the ship combat and I want to run high-level PvE stuff with people.

M'trel@terzaguardia

#24 deadendoregon

• PipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 37 posts
  • LocationWest Coast

Posted 13 August 2012 - 01:20 PM

I hate lock boxes. MWO all day!

#25 DontDrunkImShoot

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 01:20 PM

piolet name reserved. want to do that at the very least

#26 Gomtu

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 01:24 PM

View PostRenaissance, on 13 August 2012 - 01:06 PM, said:

Not really an STO refugee. I still play STO regularly and am really impressed with how much the game has improved since launch.

Hear, hear Rene...especially with the starbases coming online.

I played MW from 2 to 4. Had a Mad Cat MK II I really liked. Might even have the disks around somewhere. I've seen all of the interviews, vids and screen shots, and I am looking forward getting into this. Maybe joining a Merc group with a bunch of Jenner ankle-biters. "When you come across a pack of Jenners, you don't run, you die...." Love that line!

#27 Steven Dixon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 621 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 01:30 PM

It's true that STO wasn't really much of a ST game, more of a generic MMORPG with trek visuals, but to be fair it would have been impractical and perhaps impossible to make a successful MMO without doing what they did. It was still kinda fun though and they made at least an attempt to respect cannon, you can tell that they had at least a few fans making their game.

#28 HSSG MaddogK

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 178 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 13 August 2012 - 01:44 PM

ST:O is trek in name only. I'll be so glad to go back to LIVE combat after all these years since SFC2 imploded, and the MW2 community dried up.

#29 Yeach

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,080 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 06:16 PM

Life-time STO here. uh sigh... space combat is fun; otherwise not so much although the sending crew on missions is an interesting reprieve (similar to SWTOR)
Also a SWTOR subscriber.... fun but ultimately a single-player game.

I play MWO or Need For Speed World if I have only short time (one hour or less) to blow off; they both ack a meta game to be intriguing.

Now if only I could get a MMO that
1. Had MWO gameplay and mechlab
2. STO space battles
3. SWTOR storylines
4. Guild War 2 player groupings and realm vs realm battles.

That would make a near perfect game for me.

#30 Jack Squat

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh

Posted 13 August 2012 - 06:37 PM

<<<<<RedRicky

Hi Mav.

#31 Web Death

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 42 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 13 August 2012 - 07:19 PM

Mav you are really making it hard for me. That and I have at least 3 IRL friends who I know will be playing this.. Grr.. Must.. save.. Money.. :P

Edit: You win.. darn Obcessive Compulsive nature of mine.. :)

Edited by Web Death, 13 August 2012 - 07:29 PM.

#32 Landron

• PipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 85 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 13 August 2012 - 07:32 PM

I played STO it was a lot of fun but I have given that up now for the moment and have made the move over to here with my guild/clan. Like others have said it is well worth the money for the founders pack. They are doing an amazing job with this game so far and it will only get better as time goes on. The fact that they are following the timeline day by day is amazing and a fresh new idea.

#33 Mavairo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,251 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 09:40 AM

View PostWeb Death, on 13 August 2012 - 07:19 PM, said:

Mav you are really making it hard for me. That and I have at least 3 IRL friends who I know will be playing this.. Grr.. Must.. save.. Money.. :unsure:

Edit: You win.. darn Obcessive Compulsive nature of mine.. :huh:

You'll thank me and your obsessive compulsive nature later :D

#34 hurleybird

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 97 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 07:19 PM

Reporting for duty

#35 Harabec Weathers

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts
  • LocationOlympus Mons, Mars

Posted 14 August 2012 - 08:23 PM

STO Fire Safety Crew checking in. :)

Remember folks, stay safe, always make sure you have your fire extinguisher close at hand. :)

#36 The Helepolis

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 243 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 09:14 PM

I played a lot of STO, played my Nausicaan like no other, but as a long time fan of Battletech I had to buy a founders for this game, I absolutely love Mechwarrior, I've Probably played MW3 and MW4 to Mercs more than any other PC game, that and maybe the Dawn of War games, but STO lost its appeal after I ran out of content. PvP was boring, the PVE STF missions again and again xD.. Kind of got dry! But I'm here and looking forward to MWO and GW2, it's a good year for gaming yup yup. B)

#37 Fallout23

• PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 10:29 PM

I'll be here soon as well. Good to see tea and Hurley here also. Too much going on this summer! Need to find time to fit this in as well...

#38 Fallout23

• PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 10:34 PM

View PostFallout23, on 14 August 2012 - 10:29 PM, said:

I'll be here soon as well. Good to see tea and Hurley here also. Too much going on this summer! Need to find time to fit this in as well...

Missed arawn as well.

No idea how factions work. Would we all need to be on the same faction to pew together? Would be fun to get some sto teams together

#39 Mavairo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,251 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 09:35 AM

Glad to see alot of familiar faces.

Yeah, if possible I think we should all definitely be teamed up. We know each other all pretty well, and already have access to each others vents etc.

#40 Monsoon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,631 posts
  • LocationToronto, On aka Kathil

Posted 15 August 2012 - 09:45 AM

Stopped playing STO about a week after they introduced Starbases and the Thalonian. I was pretty bored with it by then and Perfect World's nickle and diming didn't help. It was a decent fling after I broke up with TOR, but now I have a new (old) love to be with. :P

Edited by Monsoon, 15 August 2012 - 09:45 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users