Any STO Refugees posting on the forum yet?

85 replies to this topic

#41 Aetam

• PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 02:29 PM

I wont give up on STO but I will have a look at MWO. Looks promising and I like Mechs.

#42 Mavairo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,251 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 02:38 PM

this game is so addicting when I play it. I need to upgrade my pc to get it up to max specs. but damn lol

#43 Aetam

• PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 02:57 PM

well i am still trying to find out what i am doing. can i actually find out how much heat my weapons use, what dmg they do and what range they have? it seems i am incapable of finding that information

#44 Mavairo

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,251 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 03:12 PM

View PostAetam, on 16 August 2012 - 02:57 PM, said:

well i am still trying to find out what i am doing. can i actually find out how much heat my weapons use, what dmg they do and what range they have? it seems i am incapable of finding that information

[REDACTED]

Edited by Helmer, 23 August 2012 - 05:23 PM.
Information that could only be gained via BETA. Please do not discuss the BETA in the non-beta forums.

#45 Aetam

• PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 03:23 PM

thanks. i kind of love my catapult but i am still a bit unsure what weapons i should use

#46 Rodney28021

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 404 posts
  • LocationRural Western North Carolina

Posted 16 August 2012 - 05:05 PM

I was in the STO Beta and played some subscription on and off. When they went free2play i played alot. I liked STO Except for the pvp system, now that klingons have enough pve to do, i don't PVP any more. With all the pay2win ships and the endgame gear being used in pvp, i don't bother to queue up for pvp at lvl 50. Pretty much i start another character, play to 50, then grind the dutyofficers and other pve.

#47 ChargerIIC

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 490 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 16 August 2012 - 05:19 PM

ST refugee here. Hit level 50 during their F2P beta and never looked back. It had so much potential, but someone got monetization on the brain and it went south :)

#48 Ihasa

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Clan Exemplar
  • Clan Exemplar
  • 843 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco

Posted 20 August 2012 - 04:57 PM

Nice to see my old adversaries and comrades showing up! I saw a post by one of our other favorite kingons Roach in another thread too.

I'll be in game by the end of this week, if not sooner! Gonna bring a few from SOB with me too.

Oh lemme ask, those that know me, what build would you suggest I run?

Cheers

Edited by Ihasa, 20 August 2012 - 04:58 PM.

#49 Kelito

• PipPipPip
  • 95 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 20 August 2012 - 05:26 PM

Well...I stopped playing STO about 1.5 years ago, when they started announcing that it was going F2P, and when they started skrewing the Lifetimers over by requiring that everything new had to be bought with real money.

So here I am. I was 6 of 3 or Thadeus, one of those...Kelito here, and I am looking forward to playing with a good group of mech pilots like Ihasa and Pupule.

#50 Pupule

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 05:45 PM

STO Lifetime Warrior here, a.k.a. Zed@TranceaddicT. Recognize a lot of peeps here; nice to see good company. Know the above two jackwagons RL.

I still play (alot) and still enjoy it (of course that is the die-hard Trekkie in me) ... yes, let the stoning commence. For me its more about the fleet. Hope to find the same here.

#51 Monsoon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,631 posts
  • LocationToronto, On aka Kathil

Posted 20 August 2012 - 08:20 PM

View PostAetam, on 16 August 2012 - 02:57 PM, said:

Heya mate,

Try http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Main_Page for info based on the table top game. The in-game stuff won't likely be the exact same since they're trying to tweak things to avoid unbalanced and cookie-cutter builds. They also aready stated the ranges from TT are only effective ranges, so some weapons will exceed those ranges but loose power, becoming useless at double the range.

Edited by Monsoon, 20 August 2012 - 08:22 PM.

#52 Carebear

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 11:25 PM

Used to play it, Im very interested in Cryptic's Neverwinter Nights mmo. It looks awesome.

Edited by Carebear, 20 August 2012 - 11:26 PM.

#53 Hardcover

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 255 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationMichigan, USA

Posted 21 August 2012 - 07:29 AM

I don't know if I'd call myself an STO "refugee," since I still play STO on a somewhat regular basis - between the folks that I chat with and the Foundry, I actually still enjoy the game.

#54 Fallout23

• PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 07:23 PM

View PostCarebear, on 20 August 2012 - 11:25 PM, said:

Used to play it, Im very interested in Cryptic's Neverwinter Nights mmo. It looks awesome.

Never shall I play another cryptic game...

Never...

Ever...

#55 Animus

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 20 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 22 August 2012 - 07:46 PM

@animusrevertendi from STO here.

Looking forward to some great pvp matches and team role warfare.

#56 Squidhead Jax

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,434 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 04:57 AM

Another STO refugee here.

STO is everything I don't want MWO to become. A pile of wasted potential and ever-encroaching pay-2-win after swearing up one side and down the other it wouldn't be.

At least this setting is primarily about constant, grueling war, unlike Star Trek, so MWO has that going for it.

#57 Aym

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,041 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 23 August 2012 - 05:02 AM

View PostMavairo, on 13 August 2012 - 11:39 AM, said:

Hey all, first let the great exodus from the travesty that STO has became, begin.

Second, Hey to everyone that I don't know yet.

The idea of this thread is to see how many of my buddies have already made the jump over here. Post up if you have fled STO.

I have to admit, I'm more excited about this game than I have been excited about any other in quite a long time.

STO, I wish that game were better. I really enjoyed the storyline play, when it wasn't too buggy. Well I'm a STO refugee, swing by the Marik forums at Housemarik.enjin.com
See you on the field!

#58 Ricardo

• PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
  • LocationSpinward Marches

Posted 23 August 2012 - 08:22 AM

View PostMavairo, on 13 August 2012 - 11:39 AM, said:

Hey all, first let the great exodus from the travesty that STO has became, begin.

Second, Hey to everyone that I don't know yet.

The idea of this thread is to see how many of my buddies have already made the jump over here. Post up if you have fled STO.

I have to admit, I'm more excited about this game than I have been excited about any other in quite a long time.

What up Mav? I left STO a few days before Season 6. The PvP aspect was just not happening despite the promises.

#59 Blackheart

• PipPip
  • The Dragoon
  • The Dragoon
  • 20 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 12:36 PM

I used to play STO a lot. I was even a DJ on Trek Radio for about 5 months or so. I plop in once in awhile but it's so different now compared to what I was used to when I was playing everyday. Once I heard about this game though, my attention turned to here (along with SW:TOR, though that is a mess as well). I have high hopes for this one.

#60 MustrumRidcully

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 10,644 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 12:42 PM

Yes, they are, as a matter of fact. If i were in Beta, I'd probably theorycraft already.

(unless I am mistaken this isn't one of the Beta forums, so....)

Edited by MustrumRidcully, 23 August 2012 - 12:52 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users