202 replies to this topic

#161 Zervziel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 909 posts
  • LocationVan Zandt

Posted 01 February 2012 - 06:02 PM

But, if we lose the hands, then we can't play the Steiner version of American Football featuring an urban mech as the ball! What are we supposed to do? Nudge it with our Atlas's nubs?

Edited by Zervziel, 01 February 2012 - 06:02 PM.

#162 Alex Wolfe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,359 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 06:06 PM

View PostZervziel, on 01 February 2012 - 06:02 PM, said:

But, if we lose the hands, then we can't play the Steiner version of American Football featuring an urban mech as the ball! What are we supposed to do? Nudge it with our Atlas's nubs?

Just punt it.

Punt it good.

Edited by Alex Wolfe, 01 February 2012 - 06:15 PM.

#163 Charlic Wolf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 124 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 06:47 PM

Steiner footbal? i think i just killed my pants.

#164 Tatius Pryde

• PipPipPip
  • 68 posts
  • LocationDavion Space.

Posted 01 February 2012 - 07:00 PM

Apart from the part where taking hands out of the game is shooting parts of the background fluff in the head, of which we should never modify the background fluff.

How are you going to pickup your fallen team mate with the leg blown off hmm?. Unless your Kurita and use those guns as chopsticks your outta luck.

#165 Shalmyan Moonsong

• PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 09:41 PM

A punch does 1 damage for ever 10 tons of the mech, a kick does 1 damage for every 5 tons of the mech, and Melee weapons exsist in the Battletech game.

We should have kick and punch attack keys, if someone gets too close then we should have the right to kick and punch... well maybe not the clans since it is so "Dishonorable"

And we should have Inner Sphere Melee mechs too as well as Triple Strength Myomer, What do the clan players not want to deal with the jumping hatchetman leaping over the building and ripping out thier rear armor with a melee weapon. Melee combat is a part of battletech, it is in the most basic rules, and should be in this game, stop the ego grabage of "You will never get into melee range in the first place." Becuase it will happen, and I should be able to punch/kick/use a melee weapon when it does.

#166 Solis Obscuri

Don't Care How I Want It Now!

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The DeathRain
  • The DeathRain
  • 4,751 posts
  • LocationPomme de Terre

Posted 02 February 2012 - 02:37 AM

Oh... My... God.

Does this thread need another...
Posted Image

View PostNaduk, on 01 February 2012 - 04:17 AM, said:

had to
Posted Image

Ok, now I like the new Centurion. I could totally dine in hell with that. B)

#167 Korbyn McColl

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 402 posts
  • LocationGlasgow

Posted 02 February 2012 - 05:51 AM

View PostPaladin1, on 01 February 2012 - 08:37 AM, said:

I can't wait until these anti-physical trolls get DFA'd the first time. Talk about ********, we ain't seen nothing yet.

DFA...The reason every true BT fan sticks Jump Jets on their 100 ton assault mechs! =D

#168 Stormeris

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 988 posts
  • LocationLithuania

Posted 02 February 2012 - 05:56 AM

Heres the solution to this problem, SCORPION, it doesnt even have arms to put hands on! quad ftw D:

#169 Ryphus Trebo

• Pip
  • Big Brother
  • 14 posts
  • LocationSpringfield

Posted 02 February 2012 - 07:47 AM

I'd rather cut off my hands and my feet then pilot a Scorpion.

#170 Stormeris

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 988 posts
  • LocationLithuania

Posted 02 February 2012 - 08:07 AM

View PostRyphus Trebo, on 02 February 2012 - 07:47 AM, said:

I'd rather cut off my hands and my feet then pilot a Scorpion.

That can be arranged, but whats with the scorpion hate? everyone loves PPCs! and people seem to dislike fists B)

#171 LabMaus

• PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 08:14 AM

View PostKommunist Kodiak, on 31 January 2012 - 07:29 PM, said:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

i hope your joking cause if not and u belive him (which u have not to because he IS joking) then you are a moron ...

but yeah i am agance fists what the hell do mech need them for anyway ?

to fap ?

#172 Strum Wealh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 5,025 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 02 February 2012 - 09:10 AM

View PostLabMaus, on 02 February 2012 - 08:14 AM, said:

i hope your joking cause if not and u belive him (which u have not to because he IS joking) then you are a moron ...

but yeah i am agance fists what the hell do mech need them for anyway ?

to fap ?

(TechManual, pg. 40)

When hand actuators are present on a ’Mech, most of their actions require little input from the MechWarrior. As I’ll describe later, ’Mechs generally have enough intelligence to recognize a simple “grab command” as aimed by a control stick and crosshairs, and can thus pick up improvised clubs or cargo without detailed input from the MechWarrior. Punching is trivial: click the punch mode switch, aim the crosshairs, and pull the punch trigger. Ditto for using clubs and hatchets. For fine hand manipulations, sensors built into the gloves of MechWarriors or separate waldo gloves can allow a ’Mech to mimic the gestures of its MechWarriors, at least when the glove sensors are activated.

Of course, BattleMechs can do more than just turn left or right, or move backwards and forwards. Talented MechWarriors have gotten assault ’Mechs to skip sideways to avoid missiles, executed handstands under carefully controlled conditions, and otherwise tapped some of the often-unused potential of a BattleMech’s limbs for complicated movements. For now, you’re just getting the two-kroner overview.

(TechManual, pg. 43)

Hand actuators are another area where BattleMechs make decisions, especially in modern ’Mechs, which have more sophisticated actuator routines. As I said earlier, a MechWarrior uses point-and-click commands with his aiming controls for most hand actuator operations. Older ’Mechs depend more on mimicking the motions of the MechWarrior’s hands, but any ’Mech must do that for complicated motions like combat engineering.

-----

Modern neurohelmets are getting better than their clunky Succession Wars-era predecessors. For example, when a MechWarrior designates a person to be picked up with a hand actuator, he can clarify—with a moment’s thought — that he wants to encase the person in a gentle cage of fingers with all due respect for the fragility of a human.

(Total Warfare, pg. 145-147)

In a single turn, a ’Mech may punch with one or both arms.
It can deliver a punch using its arm or fire the weapons on that arm, but it may not do both. Weapons mounted in the torso, legs or head may be fired in the same turn as a punch attack is made without affecting the punch.

All punch attacks must be made against targets in the attacking ’Mech’s forward or side firing arcs. If the target is in the right or left arc, only the right or left arm, respectively, may punch.

A ’Mech cannot make a punch attack using a shoulder that suffered critical damage. Likewise, any arm actuator damage on the punching arm makes success more difficult and reduces the damage inflicted.

-----

To attack another unit with a club, all the ’Mech’s shoulders and hand actuators must be undamaged and the ́Mech cannot have fired any arm-mounted weapons in that same turn, though it may fire weapons mounted in the torso, legs and head. The target must be in the forward firing arc.

-----

Whenever an attack blows off a ’Mech’s leg or arm, the limb remains lying in the hex where the ’Mech took the damage. ’Mechs that later occupy the hex may pick up the arm or leg and use it as a giant club.
A ’Mech may not fire weapons or make physical attacks during the turn that it picks up a club.

Other objects may also be used as clubs. If the ’Mech is in a wooded hex (or a hex that has been reduced to a rough hex by a chainsaw or dual saw), it may uproot a tree and use it as a club.
Uprooted trees may be used for only one successful club attack.

Girders from rubbled medium, heavy or hardened buildings may also be used as clubs.

-----

’Mechs can be equipped with a variety of external heavy equipment. Though some of this equipment is tailor-made to inflict damage—such as a hatchet or sword—most such equipment has other uses. However, the agility and strength of ’Mechs means that they can use any such equipment in a physical weapon attack against a potential target.

-----

A ’Mech uses both arms to make a push attack against its target, which must be another standing ’Mech. The target ’Mech cannot execute a charge attack this turn.
A ’Mech may make no arm-mounted weapon attacks in the turn that it makes a push attack.

(Though, it should be noted that 'Mechs without hands may also punch; the Stone Rhino/"Behemoth" features retractable, shock-absorbing cowls covering the weapon barrels in each arm for exactly this purpose.)

(Total Warfare, pg. 261)

In some situations, a MechWarrior may want his machine to lift and carry a piece of equipment. A ’Mech may not pick up another unit. Only ’Mechs with functioning hand actuators may pick up an object.

To pick up an object, a ’Mech must end its Movement Phase in the same hex as the object, it must have an undamaged hand actuator in both arms and it may make no weapon or physical attacks that turn. A ’Mech can pick up objects weighing up to ten percent of its tonnage (this is increased to 20 percent of the ’Mech mounts operating Triple Strength Myomer, see p. 143).

While the ’Mech is carrying the object, it cannot fire any arm or forward-firing torso-mounted weapons, make punching or pushing attacks, use a club or make physical weapon attacks, though it may charge, kick and execute death-from-above attacks. In addition, the ’Mech suffers the limitations described in Cargo Carriers, above.

#173 Dataman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 338 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationJakarta, ID

Posted 02 February 2012 - 11:25 AM

View PostNaduk, on 01 February 2012 - 04:17 AM, said:

had to
Posted Image

consider i'm sold

Edited by Dataman, 02 February 2012 - 11:25 AM.

#174 Korbyn McColl

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 402 posts
  • LocationGlasgow

Posted 02 February 2012 - 11:31 AM

Which must immediately be followed by a:

Posted Image

#175 EmyLightsaber

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 121 posts
  • LocationValhalla, Outworlds Alliance

Posted 02 February 2012 - 02:47 PM

View PostPaul Inouye, on 31 January 2012 - 07:27 PM, said:

"LOSE THE FISTS!!!"

No... and in fact.. just for that...

Spoiler

http://nooooooooooooooo.com/

#176 Rhinehart

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 292 posts
  • LocationFree Worlds League

Posted 02 February 2012 - 05:12 PM

Need my hands. Gonna be picking the Clan Elemental ticks off the other Mech in my unit and crushing the bloodsuckers. At least I hope this is the first Mechwarrior videogame where I can actually do that. If not I will absolutely still play, but that is one feature I long to see.

#177 Edward Radenovic-Espinueva

• PipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 83 posts
  • LocationTukayyid

Posted 02 February 2012 - 06:17 PM

The hands WILL stay sorry. Just as how legs and necks will stay. But keep on with the QQing.

As for that video of the warhammer vs the atlas... man... if they implemented hand action/function when the dust flew up all that warhammer would see is 10 tons of fist coming at him/her with at least twice the force. And the atlas could have easily grabbed and crushed one of the warhammer's arm/gun (just like that picture above ;)

#178 Naduk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,575 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 02 February 2012 - 06:37 PM

fyi , its a Atlas punching a Warhawk

#179 firestarter

Rookie

• 6 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 06:47 PM

View PostPaul Inouye, on 31 January 2012 - 07:27 PM, said:

"LOSE THE FISTS!!!"

No... and in fact.. just for that...

Spoiler

Mech sized Vibroblades?

#180 Strum Wealh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 5,025 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 02 February 2012 - 07:37 PM

View Postfirestarter, on 02 February 2012 - 06:47 PM, said:

Mech sized Vibroblades?

Already did that. ;)
(Developed by the Draconis Combine in 3059, seeing mass production in 3065.)

56 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 56 guests, 0 anonymous users