SO, how many of you plan to jump ship and join the CLANS?

157 replies to this topic

Poll: Clan v IS (739 member(s) have cast votes)

Will you be joining the Clans when the time comes?

1. 1: YES! (dude... the toys are SO much better!) (392 votes [53.04%])

Percentage of vote: 53.04%

2. 2: NO! (It ain't the metal, but the meat driving it that matters.) (347 votes [46.96%])

Percentage of vote: 46.96%

For the Quisling Clan Supporters.... WHICH CLAN?

1. WOLF (152 votes [20.57%])

Percentage of vote: 20.57%

2. JADE FALCON (78 votes [10.55%])

Percentage of vote: 10.55%

3. GHOST BEAR (84 votes [11.37%])

Percentage of vote: 11.37%

4. SMOKE JAGUAR (39 votes [5.28%])

Percentage of vote: 5.28%

5. Waiting for one of the Reserve Clans (Steel Viper, Nova Cat, Diamond Shark) (61 votes [8.25%])

Percentage of vote: 8.25%

6. I'm with the Inner Spher, thanks. (325 votes [43.98%])

Percentage of vote: 43.98%

SO CLANNER SCUM, will you follow ZELLBRIGEN?

1. YES! It is the Path to Honor. I Cherish the Challenge! (276 votes [37.35%])

Percentage of vote: 37.35%

2. NO!!! I'm only in it for the cooler toys! (80 votes [10.83%])

Percentage of vote: 10.83%

3. What's ZELLBRIGEN? (Like seriously, I don't follow the "fluff" dude) (71 votes [9.61%])

Percentage of vote: 9.61%

4. Zellbrigen is for Clanners, us Spheroids prefer smart tactics to ***** romantic notions of "honor" (312 votes [42.22%])

Percentage of vote: 42.22%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 16 August 2012 - 02:35 PM

Obviously we don't know how long it will be before that option is made available, but I know a goodly number plan to.

For those who are wondering where choices like Goliath Scorpion, Hell's Horses, Ice Hellion, Cloud Cobra, etc..... those are not Invading Clans. Out of them, only Hell's Horses has any real interaction with the Inner Sphere anytime in the next decade (not counting Operation Bulldog's Trial of Refusal on Strana Mechty in 3060), so I'm gonna guess they won't be made available any time soon.

My vote?

HECK.
NO.

Sorry, the Invasion made for some very cool TT play, and I am hoping it is equally cool online, but post Twilight of the Clans is when things started to go down hill quality wise in the writing, ideas and decision making in the Battletech Universe (MRMS and Mechs with swords... REALLY!?!?!), and by the end of the FedCom Civil War, it truly was crap (IMO).

I actually am a bit disappointed that PGI didn't stick with the original 3015 timeline proposal, as I really found that the lostech feel made Btech unique compared to other such games. Still, I look forward to the challenge of facing the Clans, and it will be SO much more fun to taunt someone when your puny, inferior Hunchback potshots their precious Timber Wolf!

Edited by Bishop Steiner, 16 August 2012 - 02:37 PM.

#2 HandofBane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 721 posts
  • LocationHoly Terra

Posted 16 August 2012 - 02:37 PM

Umm... can't vote No without choosing yes-type options from the secondary polls.

#3 Stickjock

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,687 posts
  • LocationPetal, MS

Posted 16 August 2012 - 02:39 PM

That's right... let those vat-grown clanners resort to Zell-bringin'... agree to their terms then hit 'em with everything we got...

#4 Mavairo

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,251 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 02:41 PM

I started on Battletech for the Genesis, and then later Mechwarrior 2 for the ps1.

Played abit of mechwarrior 4. But for me, the story of mechwarrior 2 is the one I remember best. That and I have an unhealthy fascination with the Mad Dog/Vulture.

#5 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 02:41 PM

View PostHandofBane, on 16 August 2012 - 02:37 PM, said:

Umm... can't vote No without choosing yes-type options from the secondary polls.

Ummm.. rad the last option in each sub question. Those are specifically NON Clan choices.

#6 Jukebox1986

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 666 posts
  • LocationGermany, Niedersachsen, Göttingen

Posted 16 August 2012 - 02:47 PM

The only thing im doing with them is trading. Trading my bullets for the wrecks of their battlemechs, sound fair enough for me.

#7 WAR ArkAngel

• Pip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 16 posts
  • LocationHuntsville, AL

Posted 16 August 2012 - 02:48 PM

Our unit is a Merc unit... so we will always use the best tech available and work for whoever offers the most lucrative contracts. If that means fighting for the IS while using Clan mechs... then that's what it is.

Edited by WAR ArkAngel, 16 August 2012 - 02:49 PM.

#8 CoffiNail

Oathmaster

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 4,285 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSome place with other Ghost Bears. A dropship or planet, who knows. ((Winnipeg,MB))

Posted 16 August 2012 - 02:50 PM

How about a non- tech only reason? I am not interested in the Clans due to their 'toys' but the factions culture and lore. Their toys I prefer due to the looks of them and not due to the tech on them.

#9 light487

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,385 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 16 August 2012 - 02:50 PM

Honestly, I am happy with the IS mechs.. when there are no other mechs beyond IS, there is no need for anything more.. when the clans come.. well, I'll decide then based on how the game is balanced to include them. If IS still remains viable, I will remain with IS..

#10 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 02:53 PM

Also, for the record, I am totally cool with the folks who want to play the Clans because they find the culture and stuff cool. I actually love me some Ghost Bears, but just prefer the Inner Sphere.

It's the power gamers just after the BFG that I don't care for.

View PostCoffiNail, on 16 August 2012 - 02:50 PM, said:

How about a non- tech only reason? I am not interested in the Clans due to their 'toys' but the factions culture and lore. Their toys I prefer due to the looks of them and not due to the tech on them.

Dude, seriously, why is it so many people take the answers so LITERALLY?!?!?! Would it make you feel better if I made it a simple, boring, YES or NO?!?!?! (well too bad, cuz this is a slanted, prejudicial Spheroids post about Tinspwan!!! =P)

#11 Genghis Black Death Khan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 218 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 02:58 PM

Inner Sphere mechs look terrible compared to Clan mechs in my opinion. I could care less about all the silly little story lines and whatever else that goes along with it.

Edited by Genghis Black Death Khan, 16 August 2012 - 02:58 PM.

#12 Petrothian Tong

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 249 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 03:09 PM

it will be a looong time before it makes it (next year)

but yeah, if they do put in clans *doubtful in the immediate future*
it probley wont be joinable unless they heavily nerf clan tech.

or make it so is 12 (IS) vs 5 (Clanners) matches =D

#13 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 03:17 PM

View PostGenghis Black Death Khan, on 16 August 2012 - 02:58 PM, said:

Inner Sphere mechs look terrible compared to Clan mechs in my opinion. I could care less about all the silly little story lines and whatever else that goes along with it.

well, at least you are honest about it.......though seriously, how THIS
http://users.anet.co...s/bm-viper.html

is better than an IS Mech IDK. And yeah, I know that is jsut one example, but outside the first 16, and a handful of designs like the MadCat mkII, the majority of Clan Mechs are no better designed, IMO. And I am pretty sure I can come up with 16-20 equally cool looking IS designs. But to each their own.

#14 cinco

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 509 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 03:22 PM

the chicken walker look grew tired by the time i was 12. i like the look of the dragon and awesome.

#15 AntiSqueaker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 713 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 03:30 PM

As an IS pilot, I'll zellbrigen you all day...until I get a TAG/Narc lock for my LRM support. Winning > Made up honor code.

Death to the Tubeborns!

#16 Scynix

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3 posts
  • LocationLost Wages

Posted 16 August 2012 - 03:37 PM

Who says we have to jump ship? Omnimechs are considered treasures to Mercs.

Why not stay a merc and upgrade your ride? Just because you're a member of the IS doesn't mean you have to drive an outdated piece of.. I mean old mech. >_>

#17 Regal

• PipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 41 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 03:42 PM

We're technically a merc unit on here, but we are Clan Wolf for Mechwarrior Living Legends. We haven't made our minds up yet on whether the unit will go clan side when the clans do appear in game. I personally like both sides, though I agree that the concept of Zellbrigen is a bit of a stretch. If I had to make a choice, I would say I'd go clan solely for the fact that my favorite mech, the Shadow Cat, is a clan mech.

#18 Perfecto Oviedo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 207 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia, PA

Posted 16 August 2012 - 03:53 PM

Why not an "I don't know" option. Because last November I would have said Yes unconditionally. Now, I'm not sure. The reason being that If I fall in with a faction or merc group, I don't want to up and abandon them just because the clans show up.

#19 Cordel Ordo

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 114 posts
  • LocationIn my Battlemaster's Cockpit

Posted 16 August 2012 - 04:15 PM

No way I'm joining those freaks. I'll gladly take their toys and put them to proper use instead of wasting them in glorified pit fights.

#20 SilentSooYun

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 426 posts
  • LocationTikonov

Posted 16 August 2012 - 04:22 PM

I'll be perfectly happy if the Clans never happen.

But since it's inevitable as the sodding tide with people champing at the bit for all that sweet tech, I'd prefer them to be NPC-only. It really is the only way; despite what this poll might show (ie. wishful thinking or outright lies), no more than the odd hardcore fan or two will ever observe zellbrigen, so all we'll have is a horde of ravenous Munchkins with OP Mechs roflstomping their way across the map, with numbers being the only constraint on them. With NPCs, their behaviour can be regulated, giving the Inner Sphere an opportunity to defeat their OP tech through their stu... I mean "honourable" tactics.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users