SO, how many of you plan to jump ship and join the CLANS?

157 replies to this topic

Poll: Clan v IS (739 member(s) have cast votes)

Will you be joining the Clans when the time comes?

1. 1: YES! (dude... the toys are SO much better!) (392 votes [53.04%])

Percentage of vote: 53.04%

2. 2: NO! (It ain't the metal, but the meat driving it that matters.) (347 votes [46.96%])

Percentage of vote: 46.96%

For the Quisling Clan Supporters.... WHICH CLAN?

1. WOLF (152 votes [20.57%])

Percentage of vote: 20.57%

2. JADE FALCON (78 votes [10.55%])

Percentage of vote: 10.55%

3. GHOST BEAR (84 votes [11.37%])

Percentage of vote: 11.37%

4. SMOKE JAGUAR (39 votes [5.28%])

Percentage of vote: 5.28%

5. Waiting for one of the Reserve Clans (Steel Viper, Nova Cat, Diamond Shark) (61 votes [8.25%])

Percentage of vote: 8.25%

6. I'm with the Inner Spher, thanks. (325 votes [43.98%])

Percentage of vote: 43.98%

SO CLANNER SCUM, will you follow ZELLBRIGEN?

1. YES! It is the Path to Honor. I Cherish the Challenge! (276 votes [37.35%])

Percentage of vote: 37.35%

2. NO!!! I'm only in it for the cooler toys! (80 votes [10.83%])

Percentage of vote: 10.83%

3. What's ZELLBRIGEN? (Like seriously, I don't follow the "fluff" dude) (71 votes [9.61%])

Percentage of vote: 9.61%

4. Zellbrigen is for Clanners, us Spheroids prefer smart tactics to ***** romantic notions of "honor" (312 votes [42.22%])

Percentage of vote: 42.22%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 Stormwolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,951 posts
  • LocationCW Dire Wolf

Posted 17 August 2012 - 03:57 AM

View PostPain2, on 17 August 2012 - 03:56 AM, said:

lulz @ the TT/RP/Book kids.

Why?

#42 Thorn Hallis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,902 posts
  • LocationUnited States of Paranoia

Posted 17 August 2012 - 04:12 AM

No, I will not jump ship. And no, I don't expect any Clan-player to adhere to the rules of Zellbriggen outside of interclan fights,

View PostPain2, on 17 August 2012 - 03:56 AM, said:

lulz @ the TT/RP/Book kids.

Hey, aren't you supposed to be in London right now?

#43 Gaiastrider

• Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 04:31 AM

The Warden Wolf are the reason I got into Mechwarrior 2 as much as I did. It's the only way forward.

#44 JFlash49

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 547 posts
  • LocationKingston

Posted 17 August 2012 - 05:17 AM

I'm sticking with the inner sphere. why? cause the clans lose anyways :lol:

#45 Stormwolf

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,951 posts
  • LocationCW Dire Wolf

Posted 17 August 2012 - 07:47 AM

View PostJFlash49, on 17 August 2012 - 05:17 AM, said:

I'm sticking with the inner sphere. why? cause the clans lose anyways :P

What do you mean? The Wardens most definately won here. :P

Edited by Stormwolf, 17 August 2012 - 07:49 AM.

#46 Ballentimes

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 319 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 17 August 2012 - 09:14 AM

Clan Ghost Bear - fighting for a better Inner Sphere :lol: :P :lol:

#47 Eiki

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • 262 posts
  • LocationWest Virginia

Posted 17 August 2012 - 09:46 AM

I will stick with IS because I don't want to get my posterior armor plating handed to me by a Phone Company.

Edited by Eiki, 17 August 2012 - 09:46 AM.

#48 Komaru

• Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 09:57 AM

If all the Inner Sphere players keep whining about the clans, I may go join up just to get away from it.

#49 Bonewalker

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 123 posts
  • LocationHouston, Tx.

Posted 17 August 2012 - 10:07 AM

I'm a Goliath Scorpion, we go anywhere we want in search of ... things... :P Beware our sting because we may just be hanging out on an IS planet near you.. waiting... watching... :lol:

#50 Dragunz Pryde

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 17 August 2012 - 10:09 AM

Heh...look at my name...of course i do! Not because of their rides, though lets face it they are superior in both tech and looks. But because i followed the cannon and one of the most enjoyable series i read was Boodname, Falcon Guards, and Way of the Clans. Loved that series so much i have gone by this surname in several games including the Mechwarior series.

#51 James Searcy

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • LocationDCS The Dragon's Last Tear, Transfer Orbit, Al'Nair

Posted 17 August 2012 - 10:12 AM

What I'm really hoping for is that the Clans will be NPCs and in the middle of random matches, suddenly hostile Mad Cats appear and attempt to stomp on everyone. I think this would sufficiently annoy all sides of the debate and be amusing as hell to watch, so.

Edited by James Searcy, 17 August 2012 - 10:13 AM.

#52 Kharahs

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 31 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 17 August 2012 - 10:17 AM

I for one will observe Zellbrigen,but the instant some honorless freebirth shows they are not worthy of such honor,they will die like the treacherous dog they are.

#53 Aescwulf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 311 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 17 August 2012 - 10:17 AM

No I won't jump ship. I'm a Merc I strive on your troubles ( as long as the job is honourable )

But I follow a honour code.

Would be kool if the Clans intervened matches going on. Like you could be slugging it out and then you hear a Clanner speech and the two fighting have to team up for the rest of the fight or fight on all fronts

#54 xxx WreckinBallRaj xxx

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,852 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 10:32 AM

Clans got their ***** kicked with the invasion; proving that superior technology isn't everything. I'll be staying with the Lyans, at least up until Melissa is killed. Once that occurs I'll refuse to fight for her PoS daughter and jump ship like everyone else in the civil war. But at that point(assuming this game even gets to it), I'll likely be switching to Davion.

I like my Inner Sphere Mechs. If they don't become obsolete with Clan Tech I'll likely stay with them. If they turn the game into Clan vs Inner Sphere I'll be the guy on the IS side blowing up Clanners in their fancy Vultures or Madcats.

Edited by Bluten, 17 August 2012 - 10:33 AM.

#55 Csypher

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 130 posts
  • LocationVA

Posted 17 August 2012 - 10:37 AM

I'm a ghost gear because i believe in Family Friends and Group before all else. But the toys are fun and it will be fun to make many Inner's who are so hell bent to stop clanners fail....

#56 Outlaw

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 321 posts
  • LocationThe Land of Hope and Glory

Posted 17 August 2012 - 10:43 AM

Since none of the options pretain to me, im going to post my responses here.

Yes I will be going clan, but not for any tech advantages, after all i have played IS in every other rendition of the Mechwarrior universe and Table Top. Hell i have even gone so far as converting the majority of Clan Mechs to IS tech for a custom alternate universe campaign. The reason I plan on going clan is that the group of friends I have fallen in with plan on going that way, and honestly I tie myself to my friends more than I do factions. Secondly it gives me an opportunity to try something new.

The group I am with plans on going Wolf as Wardens, and this is a philosphy i can get behind, heck who knows we may cause Clanners more grief than we do to the IS, while trying to disrupt the crusader invasion plans.

Zellbringen is an interesting concept, however once an opponent breaks it, clan pilots are no longer honor bound to fight it. Chances are with the amount of focus fire done in competetive play I have a feeling that Zellbringen will not last beyond the first few shots of the match. I personally will attempt to follow it, however once it has been broken by the opponents im fairly certain this crew will throw it out the window.

Finally, im fairly certain they will tone down the tech advantage that the clanners have for balance reasons. I dont think it would be wise of them to keep the tech advantage the way it is due to the fact that they have for the most part promoted allowing players to pilot what they want, and not restricting them too much. Granted they do intend on how many mechs of each weight class they plan on using for a drop they are not saying you can only take this or that mech. This in my opinion will deterr the power gamers as there is no clear tech advantage, and make it only appealing to the lore buffs, and those who like the aesthetics of the Clan mech designs.

PS. Hellbringer :P

#57 McScwizzy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 555 posts
  • LocationTennessee

Posted 17 August 2012 - 10:50 AM

More than likely i will side with the IS, but I have always had a fascination with the Timber Wolf....

#58 Hyperion Adama

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 35 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 10:56 AM

As a merc, if i have the option/Leadership of a unit i will observe Zell, but i have no reason to jump to the clans. I will be more than happy to steal whatever mechs/tech i find however.

#59 Kavoh

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 11:26 AM

I will always be a clanner at heart, but if the clans would come in as is and break the game, I am willing to part ways and accept them not being introduced :P . I wont see my favorite mechs, but its better then it be wildly imbalanced. But if they do tinker with them to put them on par with IS tech for sake of balance, well, I dont think ill be switched over fast enough.

#60 Impossible Wasabi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • 462 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 12:33 PM

I will gladly rob these "Clans" of whatever valuables, mechs or arms they have. However apart from any such transactions I have no particular interest in allying myself with them.

With only the best of intentions,
Merle, most honorable Pirate of the Inner Sphere and the Periphery.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users