SO, how many of you plan to jump ship and join the CLANS?

157 replies to this topic

Poll: Clan v IS (739 member(s) have cast votes)

Will you be joining the Clans when the time comes?

1. 1: YES! (dude... the toys are SO much better!) (392 votes [53.04%])

Percentage of vote: 53.04%

2. 2: NO! (It ain't the metal, but the meat driving it that matters.) (347 votes [46.96%])

Percentage of vote: 46.96%

For the Quisling Clan Supporters.... WHICH CLAN?

1. WOLF (152 votes [20.57%])

Percentage of vote: 20.57%

2. JADE FALCON (78 votes [10.55%])

Percentage of vote: 10.55%

3. GHOST BEAR (84 votes [11.37%])

Percentage of vote: 11.37%

4. SMOKE JAGUAR (39 votes [5.28%])

Percentage of vote: 5.28%

5. Waiting for one of the Reserve Clans (Steel Viper, Nova Cat, Diamond Shark) (61 votes [8.25%])

Percentage of vote: 8.25%

6. I'm with the Inner Spher, thanks. (325 votes [43.98%])

Percentage of vote: 43.98%

SO CLANNER SCUM, will you follow ZELLBRIGEN?

1. YES! It is the Path to Honor. I Cherish the Challenge! (276 votes [37.35%])

Percentage of vote: 37.35%

2. NO!!! I'm only in it for the cooler toys! (80 votes [10.83%])

Percentage of vote: 10.83%

3. What's ZELLBRIGEN? (Like seriously, I don't follow the "fluff" dude) (71 votes [9.61%])

Percentage of vote: 9.61%

4. Zellbrigen is for Clanners, us Spheroids prefer smart tactics to ***** romantic notions of "honor" (312 votes [42.22%])

Percentage of vote: 42.22%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 16 August 2012 - 04:25 PM

Well IF the star adders came a calling I'd answer. The founders of the Clan were the Star Leagues best strategists, The respect their non warriors enough to give them a voice in government. And they gave me this beast to kill with!

http://features.team...e-Overviews/p2/

I don't care if the game stunk to high heaven. The Blood Asp is a great Chassis!

#22 w0qj

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,421 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 16 August 2012 - 06:45 PM

I plan to play independent as a (very) occasional F2P player, so will try out both Clans :D

1. Forgive me if I'm wrong, but according to MechWarrior 2 and MW3, I got the impression that Inner Sphere mechs are studier has more structural hitpoints (albeit somewhat slower and a bit less slots for Weapons and the like).

But the invading Clans have faster mechs with slightly less hitpoints, but have slightly more powerful weapons (more damage, take up less space).

So in MW2 and MW3, players sometimes ended up using Clan weaponery on Inner Sphere mechs?

Can we do this in MWO?

#23 Shrade

Rookie

• 7 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 06:50 PM

All I have to say is....

Children of the Bear, hearken to my words: Be always vigilant. Learn for yourselves that which your forebears imparted So easily and freely; Demand of yourselves The foresight of Jorgensson And the courage of Tseng; Through them, we are strong. To them a debt is owed, Repaid through loyalty undying and Character unflinching.

#24 Bluescales

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 48 posts
  • LocationChristchurch, New Zealand

Posted 16 August 2012 - 07:01 PM

There are mechs' I like on both sides, if I get the opportunity to get ahold of some clantech though, I'll certainly take it with both hands, provided the repair costs aren't astronomical and my company commander doesn't call dibs on it :D

#25 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 16 August 2012 - 07:11 PM

View PostBluescales, on 16 August 2012 - 07:01 PM, said:

There are mechs' I like on both sides, if I get the opportunity to get ahold of some clantech though, I'll certainly take it with both hands, provided the repair costs aren't astronomical and my company commander doesn't call dibs on it :D

Ehh.. never said a Spheroid for some reason would have to forgo Clan Tech if they could capture it (though how they will handle upkeep on tech they barely understand, is a matter for the devs to figure out).... I would say that the WORKING clan Mech in IS hands anytime soon would be pretty rare and a DANG site more expensive to keep functioning. See more piecemeal jury rigs of clan tech weapons into IS chassis (though figuring ways to have a malfunction factor would make it even cooler, IMO) than outrright Mercs riding in T-Wolves.

#26 Gabriel Amarell

• PipPipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 09:27 PM

Sorry, the Invasion made for some very cool TT play, and I am hoping it is equally cool online, but post Twilight of the Clans is when things started to go down hill quality wise in the writing, ideas and decision making in the Battletech Universe (MRMS and Mechs with swords... REALLY!?!?!), and by the end of the FedCom Civil War, it truly was crap (IMO).

I could not agree more

I love political fiction, especially political science fiction, Frank Herberts Dune series epitomizes this to me and though I would never compare the battletech writing to Herberts work I do enjoy the lore, or I did until the end of the Fed-Com civil war. The Word of Blake Jihad and Dark Age fiction seemed poorly written by comparison. The writers seemed more interested in distancing the property from classic battletech and introducing new technology than in writing stories that made sense. Undoubtedly there are many who have no interest in the fiction and simply enjoy the gameplay. I have no problem with that but there are many more who do read the fiction who were very dissapointed in the direction that it went. I hope very much that the writers are given the freedom to re-write battletech history (the history following the clan invasion/Fed-Com civil war: post 3067 if i recall)

I would personally love to see the second Star League survive, perhaps bringing with it a new golden age. I would also love to see my beloved Liao revitalized perhaps under the leadership of Lady Candice Liao? (the Liao who broke the Saint Ives Compact away from the Capellan Confederation, the one who is not insane) Marik was involved in that succession and Saint Ives forged ties with the Magistracy of Canopus, Liao seems poised for civil war. IMO it was the next logical conflict. the Capellan state has needed major political change since before the 4th succession war, events have been building up to a Liao Civil war in the fiction since it began but it never happened...

If this title is financially successful (meaning it survives long enough for any of this to happen) I truly hope that the whole Jihad/Dark age is forgotten and new storylines are written

#27 Ilfi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 576 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 01:08 AM

lol @ anyone that actually tries to play under Zellbrigen even if clans become playable. You're only griefing yourself.

Beyond that? Hopefully clans aren't playable. We already have six teams in addition to mercenaries; any more is a disaster waiting to happen in terms of gameplay / balance at the macro level.

#28 Arkhell

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 79 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 17 August 2012 - 01:23 AM

Mad Dog will reign supreme!

#29 Lege

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 365 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 01:43 AM

IS tech is garbage and I've played with Clan mechs much, much more than IS.

#30 The Basilisk

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,270 posts
  • LocationFrankfurt a.M.

Posted 17 August 2012 - 01:58 AM

At first, when the game was announced i was pretty sure not to play clan. But now i've seen the inner sphere mechs they are implementing and im aomewhat disappointed about them. Not even one of my favorites is with them. (Zeus, Banshee, Crusader, Marodeur, Archer, Cäsar, Griffin, Derwisch, Enforcer, Shadowhawk, Wolverine, Javelin, Valkyrie,Firestarter.....)
You see its a pretty long list....but ....nothing.
The Clan Mechs of TRO 3052 are all pretty iconic an well rounded designs, the story behind the clans is pretty cool...so what. To hell with Steiner.
For the Ghost Bear Dominion and Khan Bjorn Jorgensson !

#31 Stormwolf

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,951 posts
  • LocationCW Dire Wolf

Posted 17 August 2012 - 02:20 AM

Love playing Clan, I've always prefered Clan vs Clan battles as opposed to Clan vs IS.

I don't play Clan for the toys, I often play 2nd line troops in TT with a combo of 2nd line machines and old SL era designs, the "commander" is usually the only one with a omni. In CWiE I deploy Clan Wolf and Kell Hound mechs, it's pretty fun. The advantage here is that I can field more mechs on the field when I play with BV restrictions.

At any rate, I think that a built in honor system is the way to go for Clan players in MWO. This should mostly be done for the munchkins and the unwashed masses who think that the Clans are a hardware store.

#32 Draco Argentum

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,222 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 02:37 AM

Most of the mechs I like the look of are clan, decision made.

#33 Khan Warlock Kell

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 392 posts
  • LocationThe Grey Wolves Den

Posted 17 August 2012 - 03:03 AM

Clanner even now. I often offer Zell at the start of a match, yet to have anybody accept :lol: But im hoping i might come across another Honorable trueborn warrior soon.

Ill play clan because i love the lore behind it aand the way the mechs look, i couldnt care less if they made the clan techs the same as the IS. Id still be a vat baby.

"And the IlKhan gave us his final words, Charging us to protect those with whom we found refuge in our time of need. In this, our final duty, we shall not fail."

The True Clans rememberance.

#34 shotokan5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 550 posts
  • Locationvirginia

Posted 17 August 2012 - 03:18 AM

I feel that I was in House Kurita and thats that. Some have no honor they just want superior mechs to show off.
Its called pratice and hard work not a better mech. Good for 12 year olds. we at St IVES will be waiting for you.

Edited by shotokan5, 17 August 2012 - 03:18 AM.

#35 Adrienne Vorton

• 3,535 posts
  • LocationBerlin/ Germany

Posted 17 August 2012 - 03:28 AM

haha, look at the poll :lol: they might have better tech, but we outnumber them :) anybody say again, MWO and Canon don´t fit xD

Edited by Adrienne Vorton, 17 August 2012 - 03:29 AM.

#36 Stormwolf

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,951 posts
  • LocationCW Dire Wolf

Posted 17 August 2012 - 03:39 AM

View PostAdrienne Vorton, on 17 August 2012 - 03:28 AM, said:

haha, look at the poll :lol: they might have better tech, but we outnumber them :) anybody say again, MWO and Canon don´t fit xD

I think that this has more to do with the fact that many people here don't know that Clan tech isn't exactly for sale in the IS in 3050. Hence the million "wheres teh madkat" threads. I blame MW4.

#37 The ZeroCool

• Pip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 11 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 17 August 2012 - 03:45 AM

View PostMavairo, on 16 August 2012 - 02:41 PM, said:

I started on Battletech for the Genesis, and then later Mechwarrior 2 for the ps1.

Played abit of mechwarrior 4. But for me, the story of mechwarrior 2 is the one I remember best. That and I have an unhealthy fascination with the Mad Dog/Vulture.

I agree with you there! mad dog/Vulture is one of my favorites.

#38 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 17 August 2012 - 03:52 AM

View PostThe Basilisk, on 17 August 2012 - 01:58 AM, said:

At first, when the game was announced i was pretty sure not to play clan. But now i've seen the inner sphere mechs they are implementing and im aomewhat disappointed about them. Not even one of my favorites is with them. (Zeus, Banshee, Crusader, Marodeur, Archer, Cäsar, Griffin, Derwisch, Enforcer, Shadowhawk, Wolverine, Javelin, Valkyrie,Firestarter.....)
You see its a pretty long list....but ....nothing.
The Clan Mechs of TRO 3052 are all pretty iconic an well rounded designs, the story behind the clans is pretty cool...so what. To hell with Steiner.
For the Ghost Bear Dominion and Khan Bjorn Jorgensson !

You realize don't you that many, many more mechs are going to be added, on a continuous basis? And that all your "dream" Mechs are in the middle of a legal tangle in the USA? AND that the current IS mechs are supposed to be handicapped, specifically with heat issues? Cuz, soon double heatsinks will be available to both sides, and well, as for the Unseens, keep watching.

View PostLege, on 17 August 2012 - 01:43 AM, said:

IS tech is garbage and I've played with Clan mechs much, much more than IS.

You disgrace the Sword and Sunburst! =P

View PostStormwolf, on 17 August 2012 - 03:39 AM, said:

I think that this has more to do with the fact that many people here don't know that Clan tech isn't exactly for sale in the IS in 3050. Hence the million "wheres teh madkat" threads. I blame MW4.

I also think way too many people got "spoiled" by how easy MW4 made everything, especially access to Clan Tech, and managing heat. Even at max difficulty, MW$ was way easier to fight and win than MW:O has been so far.

Edited by Bishop Steiner, 17 August 2012 - 03:53 AM.

#39 TANTE EMMA

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 531 posts
  • LocationTANTE EMMAS LADEN

Posted 17 August 2012 - 03:52 AM

Sons and daughters of the blood legacy
Inspire me as I sing,
Of the deaths dealt out on Tukayyid
And of what our warriors faced and bravely fought:
Help me paint a portrait of an apocalypse.

-- The Remembrance, Passage 328, Verse 1, Lines 1-5

Once a clanner, always a clanner. Hail Kerensky.

#40 Pain Campbell

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 03:56 AM

lulz @ the TT/RP/Book kids.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users