SO, how many of you plan to jump ship and join the CLANS?

157 replies to this topic

Poll: Clan v IS (739 member(s) have cast votes)

Will you be joining the Clans when the time comes?

1. 1: YES! (dude... the toys are SO much better!) (392 votes [53.04%])

Percentage of vote: 53.04%

2. 2: NO! (It ain't the metal, but the meat driving it that matters.) (347 votes [46.96%])

Percentage of vote: 46.96%

For the Quisling Clan Supporters.... WHICH CLAN?

1. WOLF (152 votes [20.57%])

Percentage of vote: 20.57%

2. JADE FALCON (78 votes [10.55%])

Percentage of vote: 10.55%

3. GHOST BEAR (84 votes [11.37%])

Percentage of vote: 11.37%

4. SMOKE JAGUAR (39 votes [5.28%])

Percentage of vote: 5.28%

5. Waiting for one of the Reserve Clans (Steel Viper, Nova Cat, Diamond Shark) (61 votes [8.25%])

Percentage of vote: 8.25%

6. I'm with the Inner Spher, thanks. (325 votes [43.98%])

Percentage of vote: 43.98%

SO CLANNER SCUM, will you follow ZELLBRIGEN?

1. YES! It is the Path to Honor. I Cherish the Challenge! (276 votes [37.35%])

Percentage of vote: 37.35%

2. NO!!! I'm only in it for the cooler toys! (80 votes [10.83%])

Percentage of vote: 10.83%

3. What's ZELLBRIGEN? (Like seriously, I don't follow the "fluff" dude) (71 votes [9.61%])

Percentage of vote: 9.61%

4. Zellbrigen is for Clanners, us Spheroids prefer smart tactics to ***** romantic notions of "honor" (312 votes [42.22%])

Percentage of vote: 42.22%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#61 Jukebox1986

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 666 posts
  • LocationGermany, Niedersachsen, Göttingen

Posted 17 August 2012 - 01:53 PM

View PostMerlevade, on 17 August 2012 - 12:33 PM, said:

I will gladly rob these "Clans" of whatever valuables, mechs or arms they have. However apart from any such transactions I have no particular interest in allying myself with them.

With only the best of intentions,
Merle, most honorable Pirate of the Inner Sphere and the Periphery.

Clanners are Business, nothing more, nothing less.

#62 xxx WreckinBallRaj xxx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,852 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 04:10 PM

View PostJanus Wealth, on 17 August 2012 - 01:53 PM, said:

Clanners are Business, nothing more, nothing less.

Business??? They don't do anything just for money. They fight for honor or conquest. Money is something a mercenary cares about.

#63 Supremacist

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 287 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 04:49 PM

Just let me know how high to jump.
The entire point of playing is to reverse the historical wrong of the clans not fulfilling their destiny.
The Clans are going to drag the uneducated, peasant masses to a better tomorrow whether they like it or not, similar to what the North did to the South in the American Civil War.

Edited by Supremacist, 17 August 2012 - 04:50 PM.

#64 Gun Bear

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,016 posts
  • LocationGarrison duty on some FWL Planet and itching for action.

Posted 17 August 2012 - 05:11 PM

Nope never, I'm an FWL Merc.

#65 The Helepolis

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 243 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 05:27 PM

No Clanning for me thanks, I'm a Mercenary and always a Mercenary, house life isn't for me and Clans just annoy me like no other. :D

View PostBluten, on 17 August 2012 - 04:10 PM, said:

Business??? They don't do anything just for money. They fight for honor or conquest. Money is something a mercenary cares about.

You do realize he was a Mecenary stating that clanners are good business, because of their tech right? Better loot...

#66 Valaska

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 392 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 05:29 PM

I'm jumping regardless how they are going to hit us with the balance stick! Haha. But until then, Federated suns are alright.

#67 The Helepolis

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 243 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 05:29 PM

Plus, I don't exactly want to die by ComStar, they have a way of saying "How about die a painful death because you're bad for business" a lot.

#68 Brenden

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,603 posts
  • LocationIS News Flash Breaking [:::]___[:::] News: at morning /(__)\ a patrol unit has (:)=\_ ¤_/=(:) seen the never /)(\ before witnessed [] . . [] strange designed /¥\ . /¥\ 'Mech

Posted 17 August 2012 - 05:34 PM

If I had to join a Clan, I'm not sure which one to pick... And suggestions?

#69 Saber Avalon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 362 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 17 August 2012 - 06:16 PM

View PostRegal, on 16 August 2012 - 03:42 PM, said:

We're technically a merc unit on here, but we are Clan Wolf for Mechwarrior Living Legends. We haven't made our minds up yet on whether the unit will go clan side when the clans do appear in game. I personally like both sides, though I agree that the concept of Zellbrigen is a bit of a stretch. If I had to make a choice, I would say I'd go clan solely for the fact that my favorite mech, the Shadow Cat, is a clan mech.

Your situation fits very well, actually. If you were Clan Wolf before and now are a Merc unit, you are perfect! Wolfs Dragoons, a very well known merc unit and one of the few if not only merc units to own a planet, are actually a Clan recon unit. If their name didn't give it away already, they are from clan Wolf. Their mission was to get a feel for the IS and how things have changed before the invasion took place. They were then to act in assistance with the Clans during the invasion but that changed a bit. Some of the warriors returned to Wolf and fought in the invasion while the rest of the merc unit stayed and helped the IS get up to snuff on the tech level. That's all story side lining on my part though.

Bottom line, Merc is a good place to be till the clans show up for anyone Clan Wolf. It fits the lore lol

Clan Diamond Shark was mostly a merchant based clan along with Snow Raven, I believe. Profit/building good business opportunities was as good as honor and conquest to them. Also, Wolfs Dragoons, as I mentioned, are from clan Wolf. They fought for money but that was more to keep up a guise of being a merc group. Point is, there are clans who are about money.

Edited by Saber Avalon, 17 August 2012 - 06:20 PM.

#70 cinco

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 509 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 06:21 PM

just stop. clanners have nothing to do with business.

#71 Saber Avalon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 362 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 17 August 2012 - 06:26 PM

View Postcinco, on 17 August 2012 - 06:21 PM, said:

just stop. clanners have nothing to do with business.

http://www.sarna.net...n_Diamond_Shark

http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Clan_Sea_Fox

http://www.sarna.net...#Merchant_Caste

http://www.sarna.net.../Wolfs_dragoons

Read for yourself.

Edited by Saber Avalon, 17 August 2012 - 06:31 PM.

#72 TizZ

• PipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 08:00 AM

well to start we are all mercs aligned with a house as I understand it so what ever else comes along will be sorted when it does , I want a shadowcat but that doesn't mean Ill be in a clan , just means I will acquire it somehow .

#73 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 18 August 2012 - 02:02 PM

View PostOutlaw, on 17 August 2012 - 10:43 AM, said:

Since none of the options pretain to me, im going to post my responses here.

Yes I will be going clan, but not for any tech advantages, after all i have played IS in every other rendition of the Mechwarrior universe and Table Top. Hell i have even gone so far as converting the majority of Clan Mechs to IS tech for a custom alternate universe campaign. The reason I plan on going clan is that the group of friends I have fallen in with plan on going that way, and honestly I tie myself to my friends more than I do factions. Secondly it gives me an opportunity to try something new.

The group I am with plans on going Wolf as Wardens, and this is a philosphy i can get behind, heck who knows we may cause Clanners more grief than we do to the IS, while trying to disrupt the crusader invasion plans.

Zellbringen is an interesting concept, however once an opponent breaks it, clan pilots are no longer honor bound to fight it. Chances are with the amount of focus fire done in competetive play I have a feeling that Zellbringen will not last beyond the first few shots of the match. I personally will attempt to follow it, however once it has been broken by the opponents im fairly certain this crew will throw it out the window.

Finally, im fairly certain they will tone down the tech advantage that the clanners have for balance reasons. I dont think it would be wise of them to keep the tech advantage the way it is due to the fact that they have for the most part promoted allowing players to pilot what they want, and not restricting them too much. Granted they do intend on how many mechs of each weight class they plan on using for a drop they are not saying you can only take this or that mech. This in my opinion will deterr the power gamers as there is no clear tech advantage, and make it only appealing to the lore buffs, and those who like the aesthetics of the Clan mech designs.

PS. Hellbringer ;)

I ride with $teel’s 1 Legion of Thunder, but you 1st Tamar Legionnaires seem pretty chill. Hopefully we can meet in the same shieldwall.

#74 MasterofBlasters

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 477 posts
  • LocationYou'd like to know that wouldn't you?

Posted 18 August 2012 - 02:12 PM

I'm sorta on the fence with this one. It depends on how the clans play compared to the inner sphere. Traditionally I'm a Clan Wolf guy though.

#75 Jukebox1986

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 666 posts
  • LocationGermany, Niedersachsen, Göttingen

Posted 18 August 2012 - 02:37 PM

View PostIronWolf Vascus, on 17 August 2012 - 05:27 PM, said:

You do realize he was a Mecenary stating that clanners are good business, because of their tech right? Better loot...

Listen to him, house-boy, he knows whats right. Im in the recycling-business. ;)
Cant wait to re-sell all the stupid madcats and maddogs back to the clanners.
And they will buy, cause they dont produce mech in the I.S.. :)
The tin-can-births prefers to ship mech across the stars! :D

Oh and i also sell them the best chewing-gum in the Inner Sphere!

Posted Image

Edited by Janus Wealth, 18 August 2012 - 02:37 PM.

#76 Rathverge

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 179 posts
  • LocationMountain

Posted 18 August 2012 - 04:02 PM

Give me an ebon jaguar and its a deal...

#77 Undercover Brother

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 323 posts
  • LocationThe Hood

Posted 18 August 2012 - 04:19 PM

I MAY open a second account if/when the clans become available...

I LOVE the classic I.S. Mechs, but I actually prefer the Clan honor and ranking systems.

The I.S. are like a bunch of barbarians fighting for scraps and the clans are like King Arthur's court; the knights of the round table, coming to bring a collective peace to the warring I.S. Ironically, the clans are the outside force that (temporarily) brings the warring houses together under one banner. Kerensky's dream was a righteous one, but still misguided. His dream was to reunite the Inner Sphere. In THAT way, the Clan invasion WAS a success.

In my opinion, the BEST thing to come from the Clan invasion (and the GDLs Helm memory core) was the massive outpouring of new weapons, mechs, and other various tech. Some designs AFTER the invasion were downright SCARY!

#78 geck0 icaza

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 506 posts
  • LocationCA

Posted 18 August 2012 - 04:34 PM

its nice to see it being put in such a biased manner.

"jump ship" as oppose to just waiting til the faction you play as is playable.

and the only option is "i do it for the toys" as opposed to actually liking the faction.

#79 Deathspore

• PipPip
  • 45 posts
  • LocationXenia OH

Posted 18 August 2012 - 04:35 PM

Hmm...some may be cofused by zellbrigen. For the most part, it is only for the "True Born." to pursue honorable combat. Clansmen look to spheroids (or freebirths) as not worthy to pursue zellbrigen in most cases. There are those exceptional mechwarriors (i.e. Phellan Kell) that a Clansman sees as honorable, and having excellent battle prowess. In such rare cases, if the Clansman defeats said warrior, he becomes bondsman to the Clan eventually (if the person survives training and muscle enhancement injections (I don't think they were ever called steroids)) becoming accepted as one of their own.

As for the rest of this thread...myself and others, long ago, we were Clan - it is no different now. So for alot of us, the notion of planning to jump ship and join the Clans was never an issue. We are Clans but are waiting till the Clans arrive. Then we will take our proper place.

#80 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 18 August 2012 - 09:27 PM

View Postgeck0 icaza, on 18 August 2012 - 04:34 PM, said:

its nice to see it being put in such a biased manner.

"jump ship" as oppose to just waiting til the faction you play as is playable.

and the only option is "i do it for the toys" as opposed to actually liking the faction.

Take yourself AND this question too seriously, much?

Tis funny how many people have no ability to look at htings in a light hearted manner. It's nice to see people who can't tell these things. *rolls eyes*

(of course, that DOES fit perfectly with the Jade Pigeon mentality)

View PostDeathspore, on 18 August 2012 - 04:35 PM, said:

Hmm...some may be cofused by zellbrigen. For the most part, it is only for the "True Born." to pursue honorable combat. Clansmen look to spheroids (or freebirths) as not worthy to pursue zellbrigen in most cases. There are those exceptional mechwarriors (i.e. Phellan Kell) that a Clansman sees as honorable, and having excellent battle prowess. In such rare cases, if the Clansman defeats said warrior, he becomes bondsman to the Clan eventually (if the person survives training and muscle enhancement injections (I don't think they were ever called steroids)) becoming accepted as one of their own.

As for the rest of this thread...myself and others, long ago, we were Clan - it is no different now. So for alot of us, the notion of planning to jump ship and join the Clans was never an issue. We are Clans but are waiting till the Clans arrive. Then we will take our proper place.

I'd point out, if you wanna get technical, that the Clans only abandoned Zellbrigen agains thte IS AFTER the initial invasion had largely run it's course.

Edited by Bishop Steiner, 18 August 2012 - 09:26 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users