463 replies to this topic

#61 L zard

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 354 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 04 February 2012 - 11:21 AM

Looks like you need an XO, eh? I'm around all the time and have several computers.............not to mention the one I'll be building for MW:O.

#62 Jack Gallows

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,824 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 11:23 AM

If you haven't seem them already, check out Hayden's amazing Repainted Concept Art post.

He's done every available concept art in the Jolly Rogers paint scheme for us, here!
http://mwomercs.com/...t/page__st__720

Page 37, halfway down :o

View PostL`zard, on 04 February 2012 - 11:21 AM, said:

Looks like you need an XO, eh? I'm around all the time and have several computers.............not to mention the one I'll be building for MW:O.

Not sure how I'm going to handle officers and the like. I'm going to need to delegate responsibilities cause there's no way I can do it by myself since I don't have the time for that, or the ability to create websites/etc. MW:O isn't the only game I'm playing atm either.

*edit* Also need to see if this post is really in the right section. I'm worried that asking to put it in the Merc Corp section isn't the appropriate place, since I'm still a slight bit confused on how the guilds are going to work in game, and if that section is for both Mercenaries and House unit recruitment.

Edited by Jack Gallows, 04 February 2012 - 11:30 AM.

#63 L zard

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 354 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 04 February 2012 - 11:29 AM

Seen 'em, they're sweet!

#64 L zard

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 354 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 04 February 2012 - 11:35 AM

Unless you WANTED to be a merc, putting it in the 'merc corp' would be a mistake (IMO).......this is supposed to be a line unit.

#65 Jack Gallows

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,824 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 11:39 AM

View PostL`zard, on 04 February 2012 - 11:35 AM, said:

Unless you WANTED to be a merc, putting it in the 'merc corp' would be a mistake (IMO).......this is supposed to be a line unit.

Yea, but player guilds in MW:O are called Merc Corps. Hense, bit confused :o

Edited by Jack Gallows, 04 February 2012 - 11:41 AM.

#66 L zard

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 354 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 04 February 2012 - 11:40 AM

Officers: things you'll need......

1) Coms (teamspeak etc)
2) site management
3) XO
4) Intell (other formations)
5) Lance leaders

and Others I can;t think of at the second, lol!

#67 L zard

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 354 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 04 February 2012 - 11:42 AM

View PostJack Gallows, on 04 February 2012 - 11:39 AM, said:

Yea, but player guilds in MW:O are called Merc Corps :o Hense, bit confused :unsure:

Reread the part about house and mercs in the dev blogs. I thought we were trying to be 'house' rather than mercs ??

#68 Jack Gallows

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,824 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 11:45 AM

View PostL`zard, on 04 February 2012 - 11:42 AM, said:

Reread the part about house and mercs in the dev blogs. I thought we were trying to be 'house' rather than mercs ??

We are, but I believe they said that player guilds were going to be called Merc Corps, regardless if you're a faction player or a mercenary. The actual info isn't real clear. If Mercenaries are the only players who can form player guilds at start, that's a bit silly.

#69 L zard

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 354 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 04 February 2012 - 11:51 AM

Still a looonnngggg way to start, chief.........don't do anything that will require more work to get out off than to get into, LOL!

#70 Jack Gallows

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,824 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 11:58 AM

View PostL`zard, on 04 February 2012 - 11:40 AM, said:

Officers: things you'll need......

1) Coms (teamspeak etc)
2) site management
3) XO
4) Intell (other formations)
5) Lance leaders

1.) Quite a few options, Vent, TS, Skype, etc. I'm a fan of vent, but that's just because I'm familiar with it and most of my other communications is through that. This is also assuming MW:O doesn't have it's own.

2.) Site Management will come up when it's needed, right now it's probably not a big thing until we really want to start recruiting beyond me gettting to know interested individuals right now. Having one can't hurt, but it'd be purely on the individual running the website, I can't fund/run it except for being a mod or what have you. Do wish to have one down the road, but it's not vital at this point.

3.) X/O will probably happen further down the road as well, as the game actually draws closer. Right now I'd rather have a circle of equals kind of deal, I may have created the unit...but I'm nothing without the people in it or those that join. It becomes your (IE, everyone who's in it now and in the future) unit just as much as it is mine.

4.) Intel and Lance Leaders kind of overlaps, and Lance Leadership will somewhat come through actual play. We can set up some people before launch, but it's something that is most likely going to be fluid after that till we see who can do what (and if anyone has suggestions/etc.) Can still make a general idea for going into game with a plan.

#71 Jack Gammel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 205 posts
  • LocationZiliang

Posted 04 February 2012 - 12:22 PM

These guys should be your theme band.

Edited by Jack Gammel, 04 February 2012 - 12:23 PM.

#72 banesbreath

Rookie

• 5 posts
  • LocationCalgary AB, Canada

Posted 04 February 2012 - 01:53 PM

I don't talk much on forums but ...
4 mechs to a lance 4 lances to a company and 3 or 4 companys to a regiment is only 48 to 56 pilots not 180.

I would be interested in joining Blackburn's Raiders as a scout or heavy mech :)

#73 Hayden

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 01:54 PM

View Postbanesbreath, on 04 February 2012 - 01:53 PM, said:

4 mechs to a lance 4 lances to a company and 3 or 4 companys to a regiment is only 48 to 56 pilots not 180.

I would be interested in joining Blackburn's Raiders as a scout or heavy mech :)

48 is a battalion. 3 battalions is usually a regiment :(

#74 Jack Gammel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 205 posts
  • LocationZiliang

Posted 04 February 2012 - 01:57 PM

A regiment generally consists of roughly of 3-5 battalions, each battalion consisting of approx. 3 mech companies. This doesn't include auxillery aerospace, infanty, and armor units that will be attached to a regiment. It also doesn't include maintenance personnel or supply units.

Edit: Hayden beat me to it.

Edited by Jack Gammel, 04 February 2012 - 01:58 PM.

#75 L zard

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 354 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 04 February 2012 - 02:37 PM

Might as well hang the sig.........it's a "circle of equals" at the moment!

#76 Jack Gallows

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,824 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 03:05 PM

View PostL`zard, on 04 February 2012 - 02:37 PM, said:

Might as well hang the sig.........it's a "circle of equals" at the moment!

Comment means that if you're in the Jolly Rogers, I want input from everyone regardless of "rank" or position in the unit, new or old (as the game launches and we spend more time together.)

Membership into the unit is still at my whim until I create officers/etc. :(

Shoot me a PM

Edited by Jack Gallows, 04 February 2012 - 03:15 PM.

#77 L zard

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 354 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 04 February 2012 - 04:45 PM

Excuse ME, chief!

Scouts sounded like something you'd be interested in..........I guess one post (to us, mind you..) isn't enough.

You really need to get a 'application form' up, eh? Would make things easier for you!

LOLOL!

#78 Jack Gallows

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,824 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 05:06 PM

View PostL`zard, on 04 February 2012 - 04:45 PM, said:

Excuse ME, chief!

Scouts sounded like something you'd be interested in..........I guess one post (to us, mind you..) isn't enough.

You really need to get a 'application form' up, eh? Would make things easier for you!

LOLOL!

Figured a good way to initially handle applicants would to have a bit a dialogue with them until I had time to set up a series of application questions for me to go off of, and then ask them a few more questions based on that. :)

Don't have the time tonight to do that as I'm about to head out to DD a friends bday party.

#79 L zard

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 354 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 04 February 2012 - 05:29 PM

Have fun!

Rest of you people, WRITE!

#80 GenSheridan

• PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 10:33 PM

One would have to surmise that the size of a company would have to be related to how they are going to be doing the "matches." I recall seeing on one of the Dev blogs something about 8 vs. 8 or 12 vs. 12 if they could make that happen, so task organization would be 4 'mechs to a lance 2 or 3 lances to a company (depending on how the matches work out) and 4 companies to a battalion (i know still 48 'mechs per battalion) and at that point a regiment would be how ever many battalions can be pulled together. Even if we say 3 battalions that's in the neighborhood of 144 'mechs (and don't forget the pilots.) I know Jack mentioned quality over quantity, but one has to wonder just how big of a number 144 is...

They have already stated that there will be no combined arms, so i suppose the designation of a RCT is out? But in the end i think any unit's TO&E will be up to that unit to decide and the bottom line is how many in each match and how easy or difficult are they going to make command and signal.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users