• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 354 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 04 February 2012 - 11:42 PM

Jack,

Something I found in another thread:

"Any unit/clan/house you've joined is purely fictional at this point. What happens on these boards may/will be very different than what happens in game. More info will be revealed soon." -Paul Inouye

Makes ya wonder, eh? And another reason not to go with the merc corps listing.........

#82 Jack Gallows

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,824 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 01:53 AM

View PostGenSheridan, on 04 February 2012 - 10:33 PM, said:

Even if we say 3 battalions that's in the neighborhood of 144 'mechs (and don't forget the pilots.) I know Jack mentioned quality over quantity, but one has to wonder just how big of a number 144 is...

I'm calling the unit a Regiment purely for fluff reasons, and unit history. It doesn't really matter if we're bigger or smaller then an actual regiment :lol: We get as big as needed, or stay as small as needed to keep our group from having unnecessary drama or feeling like there's so many people that it's hard to get a sense of identity and unity. We don't recruit to bloat numbers, we recruit because we want to play with these people and we think they'll be a fit for our group. :)

View PostGenSheridan, on 04 February 2012 - 10:33 PM, said:

They have already stated that there will be no combined arms, so i suppose the designation of a RCT is out? But in the end i think any unit's TO&E will be up to that unit to decide and the bottom line is how many in each match and how easy or difficult are they going to make command and signal.

We could still technically call it an RCT, but we'd have to address that in the unit history/fluff. We can always start smaller then alter it as we go. We know they're aiming at 8 to a match, at least at start. That's two lances, or a 'mech company. I doubt we'll see regiment size gameplay for a long time, if ever. And that's fine, as long as we have enough people to keep those groups going, and foster a good relationship outside of the unit so we can fill slots in incomplete groups with good people.

View PostL`zard, on 04 February 2012 - 11:42 PM, said:

Jack,

Something I found in another thread:

"Any unit/clan/house you've joined is purely fictional at this point. What happens on these boards may/will be very different than what happens in game. More info will be revealed soon." -Paul Inouye

Makes ya wonder, eh? And another reason not to go with the merc corps listing.........

They have said they'd like to eventually add the function of letting people place their fictional units in game with support to create levels/command/etc, but that it wouldn't be in at launch. What's most likely to happen is a friends list in game being our primary way of grouping, and if we're faction players we'll just have to wait to have our own unit space. We'll just have to decide on a pre existing unit to join, if it goes that way.

In any case, it's a wait and see at this point to see what options they give us. I'm not worried in the least, we're going to get to play together regardless of what happens.

And yeah...had already given up on the merc corp part. Our listing belongs in the Davion section :(

Edited by Jack Gallows, 05 February 2012 - 01:57 AM.

#83 CPTAmerica

• PipPipPip
  • 69 posts
  • LocationTEXAS

Posted 05 February 2012 - 06:50 AM

View PostJack Gallows, on 05 February 2012 - 01:53 AM, said:

We could still technically call it an RCT, but we'd have to address that in the unit history/fluff. We can always start smaller then alter it as we go. We know they're aiming at 8 to a match, at least at start. That's two lances, or a 'mech company.

With support elements such as artillery bombardments and aerospace fighter strafing, We could definitely still be considered an RCT. I also thought they were aiming to incorporate 12 on 12 matches. Company vs company.

Man, I wish we knew a little bit more about some of the in-game specifics like relative map sizes, comm ranges, objective types, achieving objective, etc., etc., etc. I am really starting to itch when it comes to wanting to discuss possible unit tactics and strategies. Well, I guess the strategies could start now but, the in game tactics definitely have to wait. Do we want to discuss having two strategic mind sets like offensive/defensive or one over-arching strategy.
(For those who don't know the difference, Strategy is really a set of guidelines or goals which lead toward the completion of a plan. Tactics are actions used to follow the strategic guidelines or achieve strategic goals. This of course is a very simplified explanation.)
Examples would be the Army Combatives Strategy
1. Close the distance
2. Achieve dominant position
3. Finish the fight
The tactics would be the different mounts, strikes, and submission techniques used to achieve the above mentioned strategy.

Anyways, I ramble on. We could discuss strategies now and work on the tactics to achieve those when the game launches.

Edited by CPTAmerica, 05 February 2012 - 12:34 PM.

#84 CPTAmerica

• PipPipPip
  • 69 posts
  • LocationTEXAS

Posted 05 February 2012 - 01:26 PM

View PostL`zard, on 04 February 2012 - 10:14 AM, said:

Methinx that you should be the only one (presently) with his name in the sig. Officers only, eh?

I am running a little behind on reading... :D

I completely agree with L'zard

#85 L zard

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 354 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 05 February 2012 - 01:55 PM

Roger that, Cpt! I occasionally am forced to use the 'mark community read' button just to keep up with the game, LOL!

#86 L zard

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 354 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 05 February 2012 - 02:42 PM

Remember, Folks, that to be an applicant to this unit you need to WRITE! Our beloved ldr insists on hearing from you!

Either here or in a PM to Jack Gallows..........your choice. The man needs something to evaluate you from........!!!

#87 CPTAmerica

• PipPipPip
  • 69 posts
  • LocationTEXAS

Posted 05 February 2012 - 02:53 PM

View PostL`zard, on 05 February 2012 - 01:55 PM, said:

Roger that, Cpt!

I guess maybe putting a rank in my name was a bad idea in hind sight. :D To avoid confusion as far as CoC is concerned, unit members can just call me TEX or TEXAS.

#88 L zard

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 354 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 05 February 2012 - 03:42 PM

LOL! Roger that, Tex!

#89 Jack Gallows

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,824 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 03:58 PM

View PostCPTAmerica, on 05 February 2012 - 02:53 PM, said:

I guess maybe putting a rank in my name was a bad idea in hind sight. :ph34r: To avoid confusion as far as CoC is concerned, unit members can just call me TEX or TEXAS.

I don't think the rank really hurts, because who doesn't know who Captain America is? :unsure:

Doesn't really cause confusion for me seeing as we really don't have any sort of ranking system set up or what have you, and I'd hope people get to know you/us well enough so that it wouldn't matter :D

#90 L zard

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 354 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 05 February 2012 - 04:20 PM

Jack,

Read Durant Carlyle's post in 'Joining Houses/Clans/Mercs'.........interesting post!

#91 Hayden

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 08:47 PM

View PostL`zard, on 05 February 2012 - 04:20 PM, said:

Jack,

Read Durant Carlyle's post in 'Joining Houses/Clans/Mercs'.........interesting post!

Link?

#92 L zard

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 354 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 05 February 2012 - 09:06 PM

http://mwomercs.com/...usesclansmercs/ #9......Hmmmm, I guess this IS a big fora.........sorry!

#93 Dihm

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,312 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationPlanet Trondheim

Posted 06 February 2012 - 07:23 AM

The paint scheme brings back such fond childhood memories, I wish you the best of luck! It would be our pleasure to fight beside you against the Dracs. :D

#94 William Knight

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 374 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 07:36 AM

very cool. if you need a scout give me a call :D

#95 Jack Gallows

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,824 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 08:20 AM

View PostL`zard, on 05 February 2012 - 09:06 PM, said:

http://mwomercs.com/...usesclansmercs/ #9......Hmmmm, I guess this IS a big fora.........sorry!

Yea they told us the basics a while ago, they just never told us what was going to happen with player guilding or if/how it was going to happen if we wanted one, so I kind of figured it'd be like Durant said. Can't wait till they give us a bit more info on the actual mechanics of House/Merc/Lone Wolf workings, but then again I'd like to hear any new info lol.

View PostDihm, on 06 February 2012 - 07:23 AM, said:

The paint scheme brings back such fond childhood memories, I wish you the best of luck! It would be our pleasure to fight beside you against the Dracs. :ph34r:

Yea, Navy child myself here, so it's echos pretty strongly with me too. I'm very glad you like the paint scheme, Hayden is amazing is he not?

Best of luck and victory for the Skjaldborg, will be nice to have an ally against the snakes :unsure: Though I'd be more worried about bears <.<

View PostWilliam Knight, on 06 February 2012 - 07:36 AM, said:

very cool. if you need a scout give me a call :D

Shoot me a PM

Also adding to main page until I can flesh it out....

Potential applicants should send me a PM containing why they want to join, what they're looking for in a unit/MW:O, and anything else they'd like to share or any questions they have for me.

Edited by Jack Gallows, 06 February 2012 - 08:27 AM.

#96 Dihm

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,312 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationPlanet Trondheim

Posted 06 February 2012 - 08:25 AM

Yeah, I'm of the Stephen Colbert school when it comes to bears.

#97 Jack Gallows

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,824 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 08:50 AM

View PostDihm, on 06 February 2012 - 08:25 AM, said:

Yeah, I'm of the Stephen Colbert school when it comes to bears.

But I like the Chicago Bears.... =\

And, the Jolly Rogers would like to extend a hearty welcome to GenSheridan and Banesbreath to the unit!

*Edit* Updating the main page with members preferred role, and preferred 'mech for said role. Not set in stone boys, so just give me an idea and what you'd like to pilot :D

Edited by Jack Gallows, 06 February 2012 - 12:00 PM.

#98 CPTAmerica

• PipPipPip
  • 69 posts
  • LocationTEXAS

Posted 06 February 2012 - 05:16 PM

To GenSheridan & Banesbreath,

Welcome aboard mateys!!!

Any would be SCOUTS? I would love to start discussing different Scout Lance strategies with ya'll.

View PostJack Gallows, on 06 February 2012 - 08:50 AM, said:

*Edit* Updating the main page with members preferred role, and preferred 'mech for said role. Not set in stone boys, so just give me an idea and what you'd like to pilot ;)

Let me know when you're ready, sir

#99 Jack Gallows

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,824 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 05:21 PM

View PostCPTAmerica, on 06 February 2012 - 05:16 PM, said:

Let me know when you're ready, sir

Guessing you're going with Scout ;)

Will update the main page appropriately, any 'mech preference? (confirmed or not)

Also, having an open discussion between all members about the different roles might be good, since it's best if we all understand the different roles and each persons approach to it, to better work as one cohesive unit

Edited by Jack Gallows, 06 February 2012 - 05:23 PM.

#100 banesbreath

Rookie

• 5 posts
  • LocationCalgary AB, Canada

Posted 06 February 2012 - 05:35 PM

thanks for the welcome ;)

i am aggresive scouting or sniping :D

but i'm willing to adapt for the team :P

Edited by banesbreath, 06 February 2012 - 05:46 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users