• Veteran Founder
  • 26 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 03:19 AM

PGI should hire this guy!!

#42 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 29 August 2012 - 05:05 AM

View Posttezzaa, on 29 August 2012 - 03:19 AM, said:

Once again, it's "she", not "he".

#43 HanaYuriko

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 588 posts
  • LocationPNW

Posted 29 August 2012 - 05:45 PM

View PostAdridos, on 29 August 2012 - 05:05 AM, said:

Once again, it's "she", not "he".

That's going into my sig.

#44 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 29 August 2012 - 07:29 PM

http://1.bp.blogspot...e+Face+Palm.jpg

#45 Bryan Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 246 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 07:38 PM

PGI should hire this guy girl!!

Fixed.

#46 Alistair Steiner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 516 posts
  • LocationFlorence, SC

Posted 29 August 2012 - 07:55 PM

Facepalms aside, I'm absolutely blown away at this. And good idea starting from the feet for the legs. I do like bird-walker feet. In any case, while I am a die-hard IS fan, and have to temper my excitement for the Mad Cat because that's what EVERY Clan fanboy/girl wants to see, this is REALLY impressive. I mean... I have NO technical know-how with computers. I was reading the post about how you did things and had to skip it because I was getting cross-eyed. Gonna follow this thread and look for your others. Darn fine work.

And like someone said, this is a perfect example of the amazing community we have. Since I'm with the Skye Rangers, I'm on the forums there 98% of the time, since a lot of the MWO forums are filled with people whining about this or that. But this... this makes me want to do something, even if I have no idea what that something is gonna be. Maybe find some miniatures and paint them. That's probably the extent of my artistic ability. (And they'll still look pretty poor. :) )

#47 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 29 August 2012 - 10:23 PM

T-Wolf looking nice!

#48 HanaYuriko

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 588 posts
  • LocationPNW

Posted 29 August 2012 - 10:38 PM

OK guys, tezzaa made an honest mistake. No need to rub it in further. Thank you all for the support though!

No image updates just yet. Just logged on to the forums to check on new posts and all that fun stuff.

View PostAlistair Steiner, on 29 August 2012 - 07:55 PM, said:

Facepalms aside, I'm absolutely blown away at this. And good idea starting from the feet for the legs. I do like bird-walker feet. In any case, while I am a die-hard IS fan, and have to temper my excitement for the Mad Cat because that's what EVERY Clan fanboy/girl wants to see, this is REALLY impressive. I mean... I have NO technical know-how with computers. I was reading the post about how you did things and had to skip it because I was getting cross-eyed. Gonna follow this thread and look for your others. Darn fine work.

And like someone said, this is a perfect example of the amazing community we have. Since I'm with the Skye Rangers, I'm on the forums there 98% of the time, since a lot of the MWO forums are filled with people whining about this or that. But this... this makes me want to do something, even if I have no idea what that something is gonna be. Maybe find some miniatures and paint them. That's probably the extent of my artistic ability. (And they'll still look pretty poor. ;) )

I avoided building a TWolf for the exact same reason I've so far avoided building the original Star Trek USS Enterprise. Because it seemed like anyone who was a fan of the genre did it. Though it is a benchmark of a person's skill, I suppose. But then I told myself years ago that I WOULD build one of my own so I wouldn't have to rely on someone else's work if I ever needed it. I have a few of Pawel Czarneki's models that he built back in 2002-2004. While I've been reluctant to use his models in any of my images, using his Madcat has been helpful in this current build as I keep scale and proportion in check.

Painting minis is a good way to add to the community scene. It is how I got my start doing art after all! Granted it was D&D lead miniatures, I was using some brand of paints from Germany (also with lead) and I was 6 years old. But a lot of the techniques that I learned from traditional art media - sculpting, painting, and design - have transitioned over to the digital medium. A lot of what I learned about painting, especially painting the fine details of miniature figurines, I use in Photoshop when I do texture maps and details.

#49 MrLexx2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 11:11 PM

Looks pretty damn nice.

#50 Aaydin

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 39 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 11:36 PM

You know that sound men make when they're drooling over some inanimate object? Those are the sounds I'm suppresing right now

#51 HanaYuriko

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 588 posts
  • LocationPNW

Posted 30 August 2012 - 04:40 AM

Right! Listened to some Metric and meshed out most of the lower leg. Also modified the foot a bit. Closing in on the finish here, folks!

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#52 Steadfast

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 767 posts
  • LocationBerlin, Germany

Posted 30 August 2012 - 04:45 AM

Ah, this, once again, reminds me of the coming headshot palooza that will going to happen with this kitty when7 if she's going life. You poor Clanners.
Nice artwork, thx for sharing.
Cheers
Daniel

#53 Stormwolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,951 posts
  • LocationCW Dire Wolf

Posted 30 August 2012 - 04:46 AM

Pwetty :)

#54 bikerbass77

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 333 posts
  • LocationCambridge, Cambs, UK

Posted 30 August 2012 - 05:06 AM

Were the feet of the Timberwolf inspired by ED209 from Robocop or was it the other way around?
Posted Image
BTW I think an up-scaled ED209 model with a cockpit instead of flakey AI and audio receptors would make a great mech design, but beware of stairs.

Edited by Hans Davion, 30 August 2012 - 05:09 AM.

#55 Stormwolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,951 posts
  • LocationCW Dire Wolf

Posted 30 August 2012 - 05:40 AM

View PostHans Davion, on 30 August 2012 - 05:06 AM, said:

Were the feet of the Timberwolf inspired by ED209 from Robocop or was it the other way around?

BTW I think an up-scaled ED209 model with a cockpit instead of flakey AI and audio receptors would make a great mech design, but beware of stairs.

The legs of the T-Wolf were inspired by the Catapult.

#56 Unluccy

• PipPipPip
  • 61 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 30 August 2012 - 07:30 AM

View PostHans Davion, on 30 August 2012 - 05:06 AM, said:

I don't even see the slightest resemblance. Apart from both being "chicken walkers" I guess.

#57 D34K

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 304 posts
  • LocationBrighton, UK

Posted 30 August 2012 - 07:42 AM

A-fecking-mazing work, Hana! Can't wait to see the finished thing. :)

#58 Red Shrike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,042 posts
  • LocationThe Rock

Posted 30 August 2012 - 07:44 AM

View PostAaydin, on 29 August 2012 - 11:36 PM, said:

You know that sound men make when they're drooling over some inanimate object? Those are the sounds I'm suppresing right now

#59 TheGiantTribble

Rookie

• Bridesmaid
  • 7 posts
  • LocationEssex, England, Great Briton

Posted 30 August 2012 - 07:45 AM

I have no words to express how monumentally impressed I am by this project
consider me on my knees, bowing to my monitor yelling 'I am not worthy' very very loudly

#60 Joe3142

Slothstronaut

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 958 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 31 August 2012 - 02:53 PM

Now, That is pretty awesome!! brilliant job. :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users