Why developers continue to demonize Capellan Confederation?

249 replies to this topic

#241 Brian Banzai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Phoenix
  • The Phoenix
  • 731 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationLebanon, TN

Posted 08 June 2012 - 05:40 AM

View PostStone Profit, on 23 March 2012 - 04:43 PM, said:

Well, those from Scotland got upset with you after centuries of lies, and joined my side, so.... Posted Image

It took centuries to get fed up with Liao. It took less than 30 years to get fed up with House Davion.
What does that tell you about how well the Highlanders were treated? :P

#242 Blind Baku

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 286 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 05:49 AM

View PostIxxxI, on 04 February 2012 - 09:51 AM, said:

After reading today's news, I've returned to an old sad thought of mine, that ridiculously demonized Liao and Capellan Confederation is consequence of continuos information war. Previously I took it as heritage of 80s, cold war and so on, shadows of old fears reflected in the game lore to say.
I was pleased by 'Mech #5 announcement, which included different points of views from different Houses' military advisers, so I hoped that MWO storywriters will continue please us with complicated intrigues. Now I see that tendency of demonizing one side to make formally appropriate target for every narrow-minded human-beings isn't come to the end.

So I have two questions:
  • Do you think that devs lead us to strong polarity white/black in MWO factions? If yes - what's thier goal? (by polarity I don't mean enmity of factions came from the lore)
  • Do you think it is possible, that PGI will continue legitimating aggression against Capellan Confederation by publishing only anti-CC posts?
I don't need CC painted in white, I just would prefer to read the same news with source mentioned, i.e. some pro-Davion news agency, that would dot all the "i"s.

P.S. If your allegiance isn't with CC, please keep conversation in the thread constructive.

When you're a 'cartoon villian' you're a cartoon villian - the story was written that way and well... "Let it be written, Let it be so"
Posted Image

EDIT: sorry about the double post

Edited by William Tyndale, 08 June 2012 - 06:43 AM.

#243 Faceless Priest

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 156 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 05:57 AM

Because the Capis are demons? But to be fair witch houses HAVN'T been made to seem pretty damn evil either for long periods or at least short periods of time.

#244 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 08 June 2012 - 06:50 AM

View PostFaceless Priest, on 08 June 2012 - 05:57 AM, said:

But to be fair witch houses HAVN'T been made to seem pretty damn evil either for long periods or at least short periods of time.

Your neighbours, the Daviot scum. :lol:

#245 Brian Banzai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Phoenix
  • The Phoenix
  • 731 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationLebanon, TN

Posted 08 June 2012 - 07:11 AM

I LIKE being a cartoon villain personally. :lol:

#246 Jaxwen

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 162 posts
  • LocationWashington

Posted 08 June 2012 - 10:32 AM

Simple answer:
It comes across that way because the Battletech Universe storylines constantly equate their governmentally sanctioned behavior and activities to be on par with IRL nation of China, if not North Korea!

#247 Balls of Steele

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 08 June 2012 - 12:50 PM

View PostStone Profit, on 23 March 2012 - 04:43 PM, said:

Well, those from Scotland got upset with you after centuries of lies, and joined my side, so.... Posted Image

You, sir, stand corrected. :)

#248 Azalie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 341 posts
  • LocationThe Warp

Posted 09 June 2012 - 11:06 AM

I am here not as a representative of the FRR but as myself. Though I am sure many of my compatriots would have a similar stance. At this time I would like to officially state my recognition of and support for a sovereign and independant St. Ives Compact. May lady luck smile upon Candace Liao and protect her from the treachery which has been passed on from Maximilian to Romano.

Edited by Azalie, 09 June 2012 - 11:07 AM.

#249 Stone Profit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 1,376 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 12 June 2012 - 03:23 PM

View PostThorn Hallis, on 28 May 2012 - 12:21 AM, said:

I know of the hopeless battle syndrom, but this is nothing that is exclusive to the CCAF. Hopeless battle syndrom can be found in every large military, fictional or not.

That is simply untrue. If you disagree, feel free to provide evidence.

#250 Stone Profit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 1,376 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 12 June 2012 - 03:27 PM

View PostBalls of Steele, on 08 June 2012 - 12:50 PM, said:

You, sir, stand corrected. :)

Regardless of whether or not they rejoined the CC, that in no way negates the fact that you lied to them for centuries, anf then they joined the FedSuns.
How would that make me incorrect?
Defended against, not corrected.

Edited by Stone Profit, 12 June 2012 - 03:28 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users