Wild Speculation

769 replies to this topic

#101 Ghost73

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 11:24 PM

View PostPaul Inouye, on 11 February 2012 - 11:08 PM, said:

I was thinking of locking this thread just to watch Omigir flip out.

Spoiler

If you do it, I'll give you a hi-five! :huh:
You can't deny it would provide some entertainment, Omigir :)

#102 Filthy Dawg

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 11:31 PM

I've Been Wildly Speculating since i was 12 years old !!! i hear thats why theres going to be no articulated hands when the game launches? But mabey in an update or add-on one can only hope :)

#103 Nik Van Rhijn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,905 posts
  • LocationLost

Posted 12 February 2012 - 01:48 AM

After looking at the comments arising from this Forum the Dev's have decided to create a new "Holding" unit for Lone Wolves. It will be called "Lone Wolf Dragons". There will be two special mechs for this unit. The first, based on the Wolfhound but now known as the Wolf, will be quadrapedal (to satisfy another request) and have a special tail which acts as a radiator for the heatsinks. The second will be a modified Dragon with a spiked tail for melee combat and a head mounted flamer.
There will also be the introduction of Disloyalty Points for those who wish to go to the Dark Side.

#104 Zimm Kotare

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 232 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSolaris 7

Posted 12 February 2012 - 04:30 AM

Due to it having been totally overlooked until just now, there will be no music specifically made for MWO, instead standard music will provided by the original Pokemon & Super Mario Brothers games, with all Merc units having access to a bonus "disc" for their Mech's inbuilt Jukebox which will include classic Mega Drive music.

#105 Razed

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 83 posts
  • LocationKansas City, MO

Posted 12 February 2012 - 08:20 AM

I heard that in game music will be selected for the whole team by the commander from his or her own MP3 collection and will confer a variety of bonuses based on genre. Metal will give a 5% RAAAAAAGE! bonus to damage, country will give a 5% Line Dance bonus to evasion, techno will not give any numerical bonus but will give you sweet, sweet dance skillz.

#106 Omigir

Can I have a hug? :(

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,800 posts
  • LocationVa

Posted 12 February 2012 - 09:03 AM

View PostPaul Inouye, on 11 February 2012 - 11:08 PM, said:

I was thinking of locking this thread just to watch Omigir flip out.

Spoiler

>: ( I challenging you, Paul, to a poke-fight!

wait.. now i have to go buy a DS <__< brb, back to game stop...

View PostGhost73, on 11 February 2012 - 11:24 PM, said:

If you do it, I'll give you a hi-five! :huh:
You can't deny it would provide some entertainment, Omigir :)

Sad.. but true. I would probably make a new thread with a bullet for every post im this thread. and the bullets will be real bullets that shoot when ever Paul comes into that new thread. He will by the end of the month be in rage mode due to having gone through so many monitors cus bullets keep shooting out of them and he cant help but come to this thread because its a troll pit and he feels at home here!

Ok speculation time, this one is a good one and I think its an over 9000 idea. Devs will totaly try and rip me off and use this idea and say it was their own. At least Paul will.

Ok, the devs will have some mechs available as purchase only DLC, these mechs will be special guest mechs from Gundam wing, Metal gear solid 4, chrono trigger, Armored Core 1 & 2, FFxIII2, Sesmi street, and Big O.

Each of these mecchs will be OP at range and quickly will become the p2w craze and nobody will pilot battlemechs any more until they learn that the OP 'animecha' have a single weakness, mele and the only mechs with mele are the TRO designs, and when they get up close, they grapple for a one hit kill.

#107 Ravn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 538 posts
  • LocationMN or ID or...Middle East

Posted 12 February 2012 - 09:43 AM

I love when Sug posts this to someone's wild speculation... What better thread to honor his efforts

View PostSug, on 07 February 2012 - 12:16 AM, said:

Omg how could they consider putting blank in the game? Based on almost zero information I've come to the conclusion that blank will be over powered and will lead to other blank. Then all players will have to do is blank their blank. This will create a serious divide between players with blank and casual players.

And don't get me started on blank. Blank? Blank?? You're missing the big picture! Can you say Pay-to-Win? Yeah? Cause that's what will happen if blank is put in the game.

Unless of course you balance the blank with some kind of hard counter blank. I'd be cool with that.

#108 Opus

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,671 posts
  • LocationI am not here. why the **** are you looking here?

Posted 12 February 2012 - 09:52 AM

New Speculation, only one this time - Mech hands will be functional, and Private Pile can choke himself....

( well I was going to post the video of Full Metal Jackets ""Choke yourself"" but with the language police :) I better not)
God I love that movie....

#109 Zimm Kotare

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 232 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSolaris 7

Posted 12 February 2012 - 10:06 AM

As well as an MVP award, there will be a LVP award (Least Valuable Player) the award will be called "Dominic is a Paine". The award will not confer anything upon the recipient, however repeat "winners" of the DiP will find that their character occasionally starts spouting some of Dom's more inane nonsense mid-mission.

It is speculated that this will lead to instances of Team Killing.

#110 Hanged Man

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 47 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 10:19 AM

When the Clans are introduced players will be chosen for membership based on who has the best/most in-character forum posts. Anyone using melee attacks or other dishonorable tactics will be permabanned from the faction.

#111 Razed

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 83 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 10:23 AM

The maximum weight in tons of your starting 'Mech will be limited to the number of "Likes" you've recieved on the forums. Players with fewer than 20 likes will have to post more before they can play.

#112 Omigir

Can I have a hug? :(

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,800 posts
  • LocationVa

Posted 12 February 2012 - 10:34 AM

View PostRazed, on 12 February 2012 - 10:23 AM, said:

The maximum weight in tons of your starting 'Mech will be limited to the number of "Likes" you've recieved on the forums. Players with fewer than 20 likes will have to post more before they can play.

heh.. I can pilot an assault mech and a half at that point!

New speculation, Steam Network's facebook has PGI's facebook 'liked' so based on that, MWO will come out on steam.

Edited by Omigir, 12 February 2012 - 10:36 AM.

#113 Mourning Shadows

• Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 02:14 PM

Dfa/charge damage will be based on fall height/speed. This will result in dfa techniques like gliding, steamrolling, and grinding/boxing.

Immagine 2 or 3 heavys shoulder to shoulder gliding down the street at head/shoulder level. Or picture yourselfe traped in an allyway with one enemy infront of you and one behind, both take off and fly at you at the same time, resulting in a nice metal sandwitch with you in the middle.

#114 Exilyth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,100 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 12 February 2012 - 02:19 PM

When your cockpit window gets broken enough that there are holes, you'll be able to throw stuff (e.g. the hula girl from your cokpit console) at enemy mechs... from which it will bounce off physically correct, but doing no damage at all.

With the special module 'magnetic feet', you'll be able to walk on metallic surfaces (e.g. hull of a dropship). Also, you'll be able to stick civillian cars to your feet and use them as rollerskates. Style points will be awarded for doing special tricks.

Sudden advances in neurobiology will allow us to download the game directly to our forehead brain.

In a future update, infantry, battle armor, protomechs, vehicles and dropships will be added to the game.
In another update, theese will be made playable. In adittion, there'll be the 'fell the giant'-game mode, where 23 players play as infantry and try to take down the 24th players mech.

#115 Razed

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 83 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 02:39 PM

The 'Mech death question has been resolved. When your 'Mech is destroyed if you're a faction or merc player you will be forced to play a court martial minigame which involves choosing the proper speech paths based on the personalities of the people sitting on your board. IF you succeed at the minigame you're given a new 'Mech and you go back to playing, if you fail you're banned from the game for one (real-time) year during which time you will be regularly contacted by one of the Devs acting as your parole officer. For lone wolves you remain stuck on whatever planet you lost your 'Mech on and you have to play a variety of dull, menial, minigames for minimum wage until you've saved enough to buy a new 'Mech. Then you just have to wait 6-8 weeks for delivery.

#116 Tatius Pryde

• PipPipPip
  • 68 posts
  • LocationDavion Space.

Posted 12 February 2012 - 09:20 PM

Purchasing new mechs wont be done ingame but will require you to buy real life retail plastic figures of said mech. then purchase a Mechbay usb docking dongle to upload your new mech into the game. comes with lights that flash when you fire in the game and realistic mech power up and shutdown noises when take mech off and on the mechbay pad.

#117 Ravn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 538 posts
  • LocationMN or ID or...Middle East

Posted 12 February 2012 - 11:33 PM

This game will cause one real fatality when a fanatic tries to recreate a direct neural interface by jabbing a fork attached to a USB into the back of their head.

#118 Riptor

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 1,043 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 01:23 AM

People will stop kissing the ground the Devs walk on and realize they are not the 4 gods of chaos....

What?

#119 Razed

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 83 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 06:46 AM

This is not actually a video game, it's actually a testing program for a top-secret goverment program to find the world's best 'Mech pilots to drive the worlds first real BattleMech.

#120 El Loco

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 395 posts
  • LocationNew Haven, CT

Posted 13 February 2012 - 12:29 PM

Whenever a new game starts, the 'Mechs get to pick their pilots! If a player gets picked last more than three times a day, this player will be announced publicly on all available news stations (with a rl picture and his address).

On an other note: A third party has asked me to tell everyone, that Razed's wild speculation is absolute nonsense... they already have a couple of qualified pilots, they have been training on MW2 for 15 years :)

42 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 42 guests, 0 anonymous users