Petition for inclusion of the Uziel

254 replies to this topic

Poll: Petition for Inclusion (694 member(s) have cast votes)

I would like to see this mech included in the game.

1. Yes. (396 votes [57.06%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 57.06%

2. Voted No. (298 votes [42.94%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 42.94%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#101 Victor Morson

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 6,370 posts
  • LocationAnder's Moon

Posted 11 March 2012 - 04:59 PM

View PostArnold Carns, on 11 March 2012 - 04:52 PM, said:

One exception doesn't make it a norm and also doesn't count as often!
Yap, that's a WWII plane. And?
If you'd name a more modern vehicle it would make more sense!
Look at the poll result. More than 2/3 don't want it before it's time!
That's it. No Uziel! BOOOOOOOOOOOOO in reverse!

There ARE examples of it happening in BattleTech. A good example would be the Wolfhound, which was a small test group 'mech for the Kell Hounds before entering larger production.

However, there's a difference between a few years for a prototype and something showing up 20 years too early. Unless there's a timeline jump, I'm still sadly anti-Uziel.. and I love the Uziel. Maybe in the 3060s I'd be totally cool with it entering as an expensive prototype design.

Edited by Victor Morson, 11 March 2012 - 04:59 PM.

#102 Felix Dracc

• PipPip
  • 48 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 12 March 2012 - 05:41 PM

When it's day comes we should have it, but not before then.

#103 Rovertoo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 408 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 04:35 AM

All these 'No's' because it's not "Canon"? Really? Yes for the coolest mech in the games!

#104 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 20 July 2012 - 01:42 PM

Great news! The Uziel is going to be in the game!

In 14 years.

Which if this is donemin "REAL" time, means it will be awhile. I knowmnotmeveryonenwho plays the game is a battle tech scholar, but i do wish people might actually try Google BEFORE making requests.

#105 JFlash49

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 547 posts
  • LocationKingston

Posted 20 July 2012 - 08:16 PM

i'd love an uziel but i have to pick something in this timeline...oh well :)

#106 Xathanael

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 710 posts
  • LocationChandler, Arizona, USA

Posted 20 July 2012 - 08:53 PM

Do people even know anything about a Battlemech's origin before they post crap like this?

#107 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 09:11 PM

View PostCorsair114, on 11 March 2012 - 12:03 PM, said:

Sure, I'd like for them to add the Uziel.

I'd be perfectly happy with them tossing strict adherence to the canon timeline out the window, too.

Yeah, that would be SOOOOOO cool!....
except that canon is what gave us the clan Invasion, Refusal War, Twilight of the Clans, FedCom Civil War, Jihad......
All you console gamers would be up in arms if they totally screwed the chronology of one of the bigger FPS games, and so most actual Mechwarrior and Battletech fans appreciate that it IS the canon.and the way it unfolds that makes our game unique. Otherwise, it's just a bloated clumsy mecha game.

#108 Lightdragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,212 posts
  • Locationwisconsin

Posted 21 July 2012 - 05:35 AM

...are you really that ignorant?

#109 Corsair114

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 03:41 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 20 July 2012 - 09:11 PM, said:

Yeah, that would be SOOOOOO cool!....
except that canon is what gave us the clan Invasion, Refusal War, Twilight of the Clans, FedCom Civil War, Jihad......
All you console gamers would be up in arms if they totally screwed the chronology of one of the bigger FPS games, and so most actual Mechwarrior and Battletech fans appreciate that it IS the canon.and the way it unfolds that makes our game unique. Otherwise, it's just a bloated clumsy mecha game.

The BT canon is not required for a solid game with big f'in' robots in it. I've no particular attachment to the setting, so it being there is just fluffy window dressing to me. As far as chronology in games go, I really don't care. Really. Games are for playing, and if they don't play well, then they're not worth my time, platform they're on be damned. That goes quadruple for anything regarding multiplayer.

That you're attached to it, great, fantastic, I'm glad you found something you enjoy. I don't care BT over much, some of the 'mechs are pretty spiffy, but in all honestly the only part that has ever appealed to me are the MechWarrior games themselves. Anything else surrounding them story-wise is, to me, useless fluff.

#110 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 03:50 PM

View PostCorsair114, on 21 July 2012 - 03:41 PM, said:

The BT canon is not required for a solid game with big f'in' robots in it. I've no particular attachment to the setting, so it being there is just fluffy window dressing to me. As far as chronology in games go, I really don't care. Really. Games are for playing, and if they don't play well, then they're not worth my time, platform they're on be damned. That goes quadruple for anything regarding multiplayer.

That you're attached to it, great, fantastic, I'm glad you found something you enjoy. I don't care BT over much, some of the 'mechs are pretty spiffy, but in all honestly the only part that has ever appealed to me are the MechWarrior games themselves. Anything else surrounding them story-wise is, to me, useless fluff.

That is all well and good. Thankfully, it is pretty obvious the Dev's do not agree, as their choice of setting was one that would appeal most to die-hards of the game and universe. Also willing to bet that Catalyst is keeping a close eye on this, Since you have no particular attachment, I would say it should not matter what they do then. After all, in theory this is just another giant mech game to you.

#111 Kyzar Kon

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 05:10 PM

Great mech, Wrong time.

#112 Karl Streiger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 20,369 posts
  • LocationBlack Dot in a Sea of Blue

Posted 22 July 2012 - 11:27 PM

And this one is still arguing that the availability of the 2S...those Prototype build on technology available since '48 is still a question mark.
Nothing is said when the 2S arrived at the front line for the first time. Same is with the Defiance. Or take for example the BattleAxe.
Yes there are no known Mechs before the raging of the Jiihad, but Archon Steiner used one in 2591...
Not everything written in source books, novels or TRO is black or white... there is still some room for interpretation.

So for example the Uziel 2S would be a great limited premium Mech (maybe only 1 per 1.000 players) and everybody should know that the Uziel 2S isn't really a superior mech...you have thin armor and problems with heat -only advantage is its ability to hunt and kill Scouts

Edited by Karl Streiger, 22 July 2012 - 11:30 PM.

#113 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 07:34 AM

View PostKarl Streiger, on 22 July 2012 - 11:27 PM, said:

And this one is still arguing that the availability of the 2S...those Prototype build on technology available since '48 is still a question mark.
Nothing is said when the 2S arrived at the front line for the first time. Same is with the Defiance. Or take for example the BattleAxe.
Yes there are no known Mechs before the raging of the Jiihad, but Archon Steiner used one in 2591...
Not everything written in source books, novels or TRO is black or white... there is still some room for interpretation.

So for example the Uziel 2S would be a great limited premium Mech (maybe only 1 per 1.000 players) and everybody should know that the Uziel 2S isn't really a superior mech...you have thin armor and problems with heat -only advantage is its ability to hunt and kill Scouts

"The prototype of the BattleAxe originally appeared in 2475, and relied on the standard armament of the time: lasers and missiles......"
And was later supplanted by the Hammerhands, which eventually led to the Warhammer.

So, actually, the mech was well known long before the Jihad, as it was an age of War era primitive mech. Archon Steiner piloted one because they were still in production 500 years ago. There is literally no connection to your Battleaxe/Uziel comparo. Is it possible that a 2S prototype was on the proving grounds as of 3049? (And most recovered lostech was not commonly available even in experimental form as of 3048. Some drabs of it were, and one could certainly pick and choose which, since no firm timeline of star league tech resurgence was ever posted, but for an entire new chassis, featuring endo, xl and double heatsinks to be up and running as of 3049 is a little tough to buy in to. Even the Mauler was still an experimental prototype as of 3052, and the Kuritans had much more working examples of Lostech to work with thanks to the deal with Comstar (and some shoddy attempts to remove the tech).

Any Uziel "prototype" at this point in history would likely be as fraught with issues as the Maulers progenitor, the Daboku was. So sure, if they want to put a version like that in, I guess I could stomach it, but I would rather see focus on mechs that were widely available, and not prone to becoming "Mr Self-Destruct" than an Uziel just for the sake of.

If someone is desperate for an Uziel, they should pilot a Catapult-K. Armament is not dissimilar to the Uziel, it's a little slower, but has better armor. If this game lasts up thru the Twilight of the Clans and beyond, then I would be all for the Uziel and such to make an appearance. (because I actually love that chassis!)

#114 Xathanael

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 710 posts
  • LocationChandler, Arizona, USA

Posted 23 July 2012 - 07:56 AM

OMG I have a great idea!!! Let's introduce ALL Battlemechs regardless of time period!!! Let's make them all cost 1 C-Bill! Let's give them infinite free ammo! Let's add an iWin button for every player who doesn't pay!! Let's make this game like a Gameloft game!!! Or a Zynga game!!! Better yet lets call MekTek and have them make this game with all the aforementioned perks listed in toggle boxes in the settings menU!!!! Yay Democracy!!!

#115 Xune

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 810 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 24 July 2012 - 06:37 AM

Yes but only when the timline reached the point. Gesh whats with all those guys asking for ther Madkattzzzzzzzzzzz ! and Uziellsssss

#116 iStrangeR

Rookie

• 1 posts
  • LocationGomel

Posted 27 July 2012 - 10:20 AM

Uziel - ;) Was my favorite Mech

Edited by iStrangeR, 27 July 2012 - 10:21 AM.

#117 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 10:37 AM

The UZI is indeed a great ride, in MW$ it was certainly my favorite medium. And indeed when 3063 swings around I will be on the front lines of the campaign to include them!!!!

But it's 3049 now, so instead I will campaign for these mediums....

Assassin
Clint
Hermes II
Vulcan
Whitworth(less)
Blackjack
Hatchetman
Vidicator
Wolftrap
Enforcer
Dervish

plus these unseen
Phoenix Hawk
Scorpion
ShadowHawk
Wolverine
Griffin

and these surviving Star League designs
Sentinel
Wyvern
Crab
Kintaro
(i refuse to campaign for the Hoplite!)

all of which need to make the game LONG before the Uziel.

#118 DerKrampus

• PipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 31 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 01 August 2012 - 03:02 PM

I'm so torn. I positively adore the uziel, and would love to see it included, but being outside of plausibility, lore-wise, I'd have to say... eventually.

#119 L zard

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 354 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 02 August 2012 - 12:23 AM

Voted NO, will certainly want to look under the hood when the time comes.

#120 Adrienne Vorton

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,535 posts
  • LocationBerlin/ Germany

Posted 02 August 2012 - 02:32 AM

i voted NO!!!!!...and i´ll tell you why.
1st of all, that "thing" - for me - marks the point, where MS started to f*** everything up... they wildly designed stuff w/o any respect for or even a look at the BattleTech Lore/Rules what ever... so the Uziel for me is iconic for the try to ruin my beloved universe...

2nd, and thats just my taste, i just don´t like the design, i think its plain ugly...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users