Why House Steiner

183 replies to this topic

#41 Gwenaelle Focht

• PipPipPip
  • 85 posts
  • LocationPlanet Wyatt, Lyran Commonwealth

Posted 25 February 2012 - 06:08 PM

@Nathan K:

For the moment, ComStar is not available as a game option, though, but I hope that this will change at some stage in the future ;-) ...

Choosing Steiner is a question of mentality, the Steiners rule with an iron fist and their part of the Inner Sphere should see more action than any other (based on the invasion of the clans) with the exception of the Kurita-ruled Draconis Combine ...

#42 Marvin Byrd

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 10:36 PM

LONG LIVE HOUSE STEINER!!!!!!!

#43 Bluey

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 948 posts
  • LocationAnatolia

Posted 25 February 2012 - 11:24 PM

Lol this thread gets more post everyday

#44 Henry Pride

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 425 posts
  • LocationWorms, Germany

Posted 26 February 2012 - 02:11 PM

Now for some clishees.

Me as a german, i love the idea of Bratwurst, Sauerkraut (this is the right way to spell it :) ) and hell yea, Rammstein, and Heavy Metal and Gothic music jelling through my earys whlie roastin some Liao buts.....

House Steiner is the only way to be in the whole Battletech Universe... we are the first to stand, and the last to live on the Battlefield...

#45 Kaine Vulpayne

• PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 08:43 AM

View PostBluey, on 13 February 2012 - 10:28 AM, said:

Why House Steiner?
Tell me your reasons fellows

The main reason is that the thought of german-speaking (and cursing) ppl running around in huge battle robots is just hilarious and you can not miss that!

Also as a non-german this is your chance to be with the evil guys once in your live.
Yes I'm being ironic.
Somewhat.

#46 GD26

• PipPipPip
  • 74 posts
  • LocationGlengarry

Posted 28 February 2012 - 12:43 PM

Well, as far as the Great Houses are concerned, for me all the intrigue, all the drama and suspense that the Lyran Commonwealth created and creates are the epicenter of the whole franchise. Without the Lyrans, things would tend to get boring.
But I guess in my case, is because the affiliation and loyalty of my favorite Merc regiment, the Gray Death Legion to the House Steiner. ;)

Ahh, yes…and because ve gotz the ATLAS! :ph34r:

#47 Lord Banshee

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 355 posts
  • LocationChi-Town IL

Posted 28 February 2012 - 04:43 PM

1) Fear
2) Supplies
3) Ruthless Efficiency
4) An almost-fanatical devotion to the Archon

I'll be listening to Edgar Froese of Tangerine Dream in my Banshee as I'm fragging foes. Can't wait to see how good those clanners <spits> are at this upcoming game.

#48 kameren

• PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 05:12 PM

dono why everyone loves the atlas the infantry guy with no legs and a tank parked on him moves faster that it does and as for shooting a slow moving mech u got to turn around too shoot it so be like 2 or 3 hours before u get that shot off.

#49 GDL Germ

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 154 posts
  • LocationCA

Posted 28 February 2012 - 05:18 PM

View PostGD26, on 28 February 2012 - 12:43 PM, said:

Well, as far as the Great Houses are concerned, for me all the intrigue, all the drama and suspense that the Lyran Commonwealth created and creates are the epicenter of the whole franchise. Without the Lyrans, things would tend to get boring.
But I guess in my case, is because the affiliation and loyalty of my favorite Merc regiment, the Gray Death Legion to the House Steiner. ;)

Ahh, yes…and because ve gotz the ATLAS! :ph34r:

Nice signature =) It's not too late to be part of your favorite group, instead of just being affiliated with them.

Edited by GDL Germ, 28 February 2012 - 05:22 PM.

#50 GD26

• PipPipPip
  • 74 posts
  • LocationGlengarry

Posted 28 February 2012 - 11:18 PM

Well. It's fixed.
Thanks a lot. A lot better this way. :D

#51 Sassori

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 884 posts
  • LocationBlackjack

Posted 29 February 2012 - 11:26 PM

Personally I was always a fan of Steiner due to it's history. I disliked the whole davion-steiner marriage thing, thought it was cheap story telling but eh, doesn't matter. As for me, a true Mechwarrior fights for the /People/ and not a /Person/ per se. It is my duty to safeguard my House, and that is what I shall do.

As for what I'll do during that whole marriage thing? Well, this is a reboot, we may not even see it.

#52 tacobellkiller

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 61 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 12:47 AM

One word, Heavy Gauss Rifle, but seriously I've always been attracted to the mech designs of the Lyrans, like the Fafnir, Hollander, Hauptmann, Zeus and others and I love the Fenrir battle armor, I would kill to pilot a medium pulse equipped Fenrir. Sadly my favorite stuff is outside of the time-line given but that doesn't mean I'll be disloyal to the Commonwealth, I can wait for my toys.

#53 Dustein

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 357 posts
  • LocationX: -304.07 Y: 291.54 (Lyran Alliance - Australia)

Posted 02 March 2012 - 11:57 PM

I have fairly Mercenary tendencies, however I place high value on having friends to watch my back and thus my birth world holds my loyalty (plus it helps that they can outbid any other offer)!

View PostSR Guillotine, on 20 February 2012 - 07:51 PM, said:

#54 Bluey

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 948 posts
  • LocationAnatolia

Posted 04 March 2012 - 12:23 PM

View Posttacobellkiller, on 02 March 2012 - 12:47 AM, said:

One word, Heavy Gauss Rifle, but seriously I've always been attracted to the mech designs of the Lyrans, like the Fafnir, Hollander, Hauptmann, Zeus and others and I love the Fenrir battle armor, I would kill to pilot a medium pulse equipped Fenrir. Sadly my favorite stuff is outside of the time-line given but that doesn't mean I'll be disloyal to the Commonwealth, I can wait for my toys.

+1

#55 Grayson Pryde

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 334 posts
  • LocationGermany Erfurt

Posted 04 March 2012 - 06:44 PM

Why?

Because i am german!

Even if i am not a typical Steiner fan( i like medium mechs -40-55tons!) i think we will have a lot of fun fighting for that great house!

Long live House Steiner!

PS:until the clans arrive! Then it will be realy hard for me to desiced^^

Edited by Grayson Pryde, 04 March 2012 - 06:44 PM.

#56 Listless Nomad

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 1,573 posts
  • LocationElsewhere

Posted 04 March 2012 - 06:58 PM

View PostLord Banshee, on 28 February 2012 - 04:43 PM, said:

1) Fear
2) Supplies
3) Ruthless Efficiency
4) An almost-fanatical devotion to the Archon

I'll be listening to Edgar Froese of Tangerine Dream in my Banshee as I'm fragging foes. Can't wait to see how good those clanners <spits> are at this upcoming game.

Nice monty python homage there.

No one expects the steiner scout lance!

Edited by Listless Nomad, 04 March 2012 - 06:58 PM.

#57 Lyon

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 107 posts
  • LocationLumberton, MS

Posted 04 March 2012 - 07:07 PM

Because once upon a time, while I was in the FWL and fending off a group of mad Hedgemonkeys, a group of mad Steiners jumped the borders to come help me beat on 'em, then let me jump their borders to go beat on Clanners. Seems only right to join 'em now.

And because I'm a major fan of the Commando. Recognize.

#58 Flame

• Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 05:45 AM

I've been a fan of House Steiner since my first exposure to Battletech (around 1990). I think it might have been for reasons as silly as having the easiest-to-draw faction symbol or for using blue as their signature color. Since then, however, I've grown to love their 'Mech design philosophy, from their Lights to their Assaults. Admittedly, most of what I've played recently has been Jihad-era rather than pre-Clan, but I still have respect for 'Mechs like the Commando and the Atlas.

Alas, I must admit to having the tactical prowess of most Lyran "Social Generals", but at least that's not that much of a handicap in the LCAF ^_^;;

#59 Kallende Rathwynne

• Pip
  • 18 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSouthern United States

Posted 06 March 2012 - 06:08 AM

View PostDFDelta, on 16 February 2012 - 09:50 PM, said:

I still think those chargers are too light. We should replace them with something that has actually battlemech weight. Stalkers perhaps.

Also, +1 to revanus.
I could not have said that better.

Unless of course Highlanders become available. <cue Highlander burial> "I found'em!!!"

#60 Kallende Rathwynne

• Pip
  • 18 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSouthern United States

Posted 06 March 2012 - 06:12 AM

<Cues Pet Shop Boys> She has the looks and the brains. We work for her to make lots of money. The Archon Princess will kill you if you disagree. Long Live Katrina!

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users