Why House Steiner

183 replies to this topic

#61 vonStrachwitz

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 36 posts
  • LocationRome, NY

Posted 10 March 2012 - 11:18 AM

German-cultured slant on 1980's US economy and military doctrine. Always seem\ed the best fit for me, both before and after the Clanners came along.

I just wish the FedCom had worked for longer than just the marriage of Hanse and Melissa. :P

#62 Strychnine

Rookie

• 5 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 06:06 PM

Because they are the least insane out of all the other houses and they DON'T treat their soldiers or mercenaries like disposable napkins.

View PostKallende Rathwynne, on 06 March 2012 - 06:12 AM, said:

<Cues Pet Shop Boys> She has the looks and the brains. We work for her to make lots of money. The Archon Princess will kill you if you disagree. Long Live Katrina!

You had me at Pet Shop Boys.

Edited by Strychnine, 10 March 2012 - 06:06 PM.

#63 Strumtruppen

• PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 05:31 AM

I decided to side with steiner is due too 4 points
1- they are stinking rich and i hope it rubs off on me
2-all the massive assulat mechs going about will bring all the fire away from my medium mech B)
3- we are the first house to crush jade falcon(in the end)
4- while i'm not entirely sure i belive that we are one of the first to get clan tech

#64 Serith

Rookie

• 8 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 03:24 PM

Best equppied mechs in the IS heaviest armor even on scout mechs and when the clans come guess who has the cash to buy all those nice overpowered fast mechs STIENNNEERRRRR!!!! oh yea and MOAR ATLAS

View PostStrumtruppen, on 25 March 2012 - 05:31 AM, said:

I decided to side with steiner is due too 4 points
1- they are stinking rich and i hope it rubs off on me
2-all the massive assulat mechs going about will bring all the fire away from my medium mech ^_^
3- we are the first house to crush jade falcon(in the end)
4- while i'm not entirely sure i belive that we are one of the first to get clan tech

yes that is correct stiener was the first to recieve clan tech because WE BOUGHT IT and we had the firepower to cripple and steal them

#65 Serith

Rookie

• 8 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 03:28 PM

View PostGrayson Pryde, on 04 March 2012 - 06:44 PM, said:

Why?

Because i am german!

Even if i am not a typical Steiner fan( i like medium mechs -40-55tons!) i think we will have a lot of fun fighting for that great house!

Long live House Steiner!

PS:until the clans arrive! Then it will be realy hard for me to desiced^^

yea but thats why we have 80-tonnage heavy armored scout/assault mechs

#66 Starkiller

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 271 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 03:47 PM

Why ask why, drink Bud Dry!

#67 Fetladral

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 525 posts
  • LocationAsgard

Posted 26 March 2012 - 04:04 PM

View PostTadakuma, on 21 February 2012 - 06:01 AM, said:

Because all the cool Kids are in house Steiner... Morgan Kell and ... actually Morgan Kell is enough the man is so cool he makes spending a decade in a Catholic Monastery seem cool.

morgan kell isn't steiner he runs the kell hounds a merc unit that tends to work for steiner a bit. even though they are semi affiliated with a rebel group in the commonwealth and they saved or attempted to save prince victor davions life. don't recall if they made it or not. i do remember he was killed by the combine

#68 Starkiller

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 271 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 08:10 PM

View PostFetladral, on 26 March 2012 - 04:04 PM, said:

morgan kell isn't steiner he runs the kell hounds a merc unit that tends to work for steiner a bit. even though they are semi affiliated with a rebel group in the commonwealth and they saved or attempted to save prince victor davions life. don't recall if they made it or not. i do remember he was killed by the combine

He is related to the Steiners by blood, how is he not a Steiner?

#69 Name140704

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,196 posts
  • LocationBehind You

Posted 26 March 2012 - 08:19 PM

They pay the best! House Marik give good hookups on refits, too!

#70 Aedris Nova

• PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 08:24 PM

Because you like ridiculously oversized mechs and know you dont have to fight house davion

#71 Ilyich

Rookie

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 08:39 PM

If I must pick a house I would choose Stiener for many of the resaons you have listed, but I also agree with many of Laos' and Davion's actions in the past, so I would prefer to be a mercenary and not limit myself under one name.

#72 Benaresh

• PipPipPip
  • 57 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationRüdesheim am Rhein, Hessia, Germany

Posted 27 March 2012 - 09:27 AM

View PostYogSothoth, on 22 February 2012 - 03:23 PM, said:

Why House Steiner?

- Right to Assembly
- Freedom of Speech
- Freedom of the Press
- Free Market Economy
- Powerful industrial base and quite possibly a recession-proof economy
- More assault 'mechs
- Statuesque women of German descent
- Sauerkraut (Corrected the spelling - thanks, Henry Pride!)
- Bratwurst
- Probably the best beer and chocolate in the Inner Sphere
- Ice Palaces
- Excuse to listen to Rammstein and KMFDM while playing MWO

as german and steiner affilated Merc i feel the need to thank you for this post here!

#73 steelwraith

• PipPipPip
  • 61 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 30 March 2012 - 01:34 PM

Lets see if I can remember... way back in the 80s a friend came over with his brand new copy of Battletech (2nd Ed I think). We read over the rules and I was asked to pick a house. Since I tend to gravitate towards the 'good guys', it came down to Steiner or Davion. I ended up with Steiner because I rather liked the idea of a female leader in this quasi-feudalistic setting, I prefer heavier mechs, and blue is a better colour than gold. ^_^

Since then I never had a reason to change houses; as I watched the game's history unfold, I came to like Steiner more and more. Today I can't even imagine being somewhere else. :D

#74 Karl Streiger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 20,369 posts
  • LocationBlack Dot in a Sea of Blue

Posted 11 April 2012 - 10:10 PM

While cross reading some books i figured out:
Davions are in general sad when a enemy pilot didn't eject and die - they even think that capitulation has anything to do with honor :P

But when you have no mercy for a foe...join the fist... we are allowed to crush the feets of our Zeus through enemy heads...we can disable our automatic ejection and stay in our mechs till death took us out - you may say that Snakes can do the same...but they can't they have to do sepukku when facing a superior force. :blink:

#75 Alizabeth Aijou

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 877 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 02:22 AM

Eh, probably because of all the Fiats.

#76 ClockWise

• Pip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania, United States

Posted 28 April 2012 - 10:31 AM

This might be going ahead a bit but in the Fed Com war you treated Merc Groups terribly. Suicide missions I tell you, suicide!

#77 Flakjakk

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 09:27 AM

House Steiner was our chosen house in Battle Tech back in 87. Been there ever since....

#78 Exillian

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 02:45 PM

View Postrevanus, on 13 February 2012 - 03:45 PM, said:

Excessive wealth. The fact is, the Lyran Commonwealth is filthy rich. Everything we touch turns shiny and valuable. What's a House to do with all this wealth? Well, build exotic ice castles on frozen worlds, of course! But after we built a sufficient number of Bond villain igloo palaces, it seemed the next best thing would be to spend it on giant robo-men, so that we could have massive, real-life Rock 'Em Sock 'Em free-for-alls. And, um, defend ourselves.

Oh yeah.

Edited by Exillian, 08 May 2012 - 02:46 PM.

#79 JazzySteel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 304 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Locationthe crater that used to be Black Mesa, dipping the last Oreo into the last glass of milk.

Posted 08 May 2012 - 02:53 PM

Because Assault Mechs. Wait, I think im in the wrong Alley... :D

#80 Exillian

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 02:57 PM

^ We have a Davion, he may be a spy.

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users