- - - - -

New Players Start Here (Pretty Please!)

656 replies to this topic

#621 COLDBONE

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 06:24 AM

Thank u for informations thats great im new and i was playing all mech series but that one is a little diffrent . thanks too u m8s its a little better to understand. i have only one little quetsion where can i troubleshoot my ping its soo hi but i dont know why its all ok on my side ok im fro europe from austria but anyway its a little weyred

#622 Kaemon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,924 posts
  • LocationMN

Posted 06 June 2013 - 06:28 AM

View PostCOLDBONE, on 06 June 2013 - 06:24 AM, said:

Thank u for informations thats great im new and i was playing all mech series but that one is a little diffrent . thanks too u m8s its a little better to understand. i have only one little quetsion where can i troubleshoot my ping its soo hi but i dont know why its all ok on my side ok im fro europe from austria but anyway its a little weyred

They run out of Toronto Canada, so if your ping is high there may not be much you can do, if your FPS is high, you can try a few things to get it playable (there are a few threads in the forums to help with low FPS).

- try not using a wireless connection
- make sure all your drivers for gfx cards are up to date (they have an issue with some of the Nvidia cards and older drivers).
- the game is not optimised yet so FPS might be a bit low
- stay out of 'furballs' (lots of mechs brawling) in game if you hit F9 you can see your FPS and it will drop significantly when lots of players start shooting near each other.

They are looking at localization, but no dates on euro/pacific servers yet.

Good luck!

#623 FEK315

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 337 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 05:17 PM

Ahoy hoy!
It's good to see this version Kicken cupcakes!
I am getting my new rig and I am going to be playing soon.

I am FEK315 from long ways back, I have been a Mech pilot since 1998.
I fought in:
MW1
MW2
MW3
MW4 vengence
MW4 Blacknight
MW4 Mektek.net expansion
Mech Assault 1
Mech Assault Lone Wolf
ChromeHounds
Steel Battalion Original
Steel Battalion Line of contact
Armored Core 4
Armored Core 4 Answer
Armored Core 5

Some of you will remember me most won't. Most of all I wanted to say thank you for rebooting my favorite franchise. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!

My name is FEK315 and in the next few weeks when my computer arrives I can't wait for you to kick me all of the Battle Field because there is nothing like dieing in a Mech Warrior Mech!!!!! B) :wub: :D ;) :)
See you on the oil soaked battlefield soon!

#624 missionshk

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 03:58 PM

I downloaded the game, but I don't know where to start. Just show me a button to push to start. This is so complicated.

If I don't know how to start, I am out of here.

After 10 minutes of trying, I am out.

#625 Red Og

Rookie

• 6 posts
  • LocationIndianapolis,IN

Posted 17 June 2013 - 03:36 AM

Mech pilot from early beta, had surgery last year about this time and just never got back into the game. Great guide and info to help get back into the swing of things.

#626 Itsalrightwithme

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 391 posts
  • LocationCambridge, MA, USA

Posted 18 June 2013 - 06:36 AM

Welcome to all! It's great to see new players join MWO: both BattleTech veterans and those new to the universe. This has been a really great game, my first time playing a fairly massive online game, and I am hooked.

Feel free to message me when I am online so that we can join up.

Remember that this is a team game, so say hello to your teammates, don't be shy to ask for help and pointers, and most importantly play fair and have fun! :)

#627 Eddie Siah

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 08:59 AM

Hi, The new player area link goes to [#10333] We could not find the forum you were attempting to view.

#628 Twivana

Rookie

• 6 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 04 July 2013 - 03:35 PM

I currently just found this while, ironically posting a message on FaceBook, about Front Mission Evolved. I was looking at a Mecha page and saw something about MWO and I had to google. Truthfully finding MWO has made my day and I can't wait to get started. I wanted to share this with everyone since I know there has to be a ton of people just like me that grew up playing these games. I played all the pc games from the first original to black knight + patch. It has been years since I have played but I am so excited to get back in the cockpit!
All the substitute Mecha games have failed my interests and couldn't fill the hole of MechWarrior being gone. Thank you fans and of course the developers for bringing this back. Ya'll have made me a very very very happy gamer/MechWarrior today!!!

I was told to ask questions so I do have a few... I haven't read a lot about the controls or upgrading mechs yet since I played for years but haven't played since I was 14/15 years old. I'm 25 now so 10 years off. I did go over the basic commands seems like everything as pretty much stayed the same in that area.

My questions are... What happened with the old mechs? I saw some that I remember (Altas & Catapult) My favorites were always Thor and Loki and of course Atlas (excited to see him btw!). I also saw that some of the Mechs are very similar to some the old ones and have been renamed???

Is there a campaign with the online or is it a free for all? (not as in paying money!)

Also Alliances/Guilds of that sort exist or no?

These aren't like serious questions just curious really.

Any info will be great :]

Edited by Twivana, 04 July 2013 - 03:36 PM.

#629 Ingvay

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • 267 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 02:55 PM

View PostTwivana, on 04 July 2013 - 03:35 PM, said:

I currently just found this while, ironically posting a message on FaceBook, about Front Mission Evolved. I was looking at a Mecha page and saw something about MWO and I had to google. Truthfully finding MWO has made my day and I can't wait to get started. I wanted to share this with everyone since I know there has to be a ton of people just like me that grew up playing these games. I played all the pc games from the first original to black knight + patch. It has been years since I have played but I am so excited to get back in the cockpit!
All the substitute Mecha games have failed my interests and couldn't fill the hole of MechWarrior being gone. Thank you fans and of course the developers for bringing this back. Ya'll have made me a very very very happy gamer/MechWarrior today!!!

I was told to ask questions so I do have a few... I haven't read a lot about the controls or upgrading mechs yet since I played for years but haven't played since I was 14/15 years old. I'm 25 now so 10 years off. I did go over the basic commands seems like everything as pretty much stayed the same in that area.

My questions are... What happened with the old mechs? I saw some that I remember (Altas & Catapult) My favorites were always Thor and Loki and of course Atlas (excited to see him btw!). I also saw that some of the Mechs are very similar to some the old ones and have been renamed???

Is there a campaign with the online or is it a free for all? (not as in paying money!)

Also Alliances/Guilds of that sort exist or no?

These aren't like serious questions just curious really.

Any info will be great :]

Many of the "old" mechs and their images the rights for are owned by other companies. Some will eventually be in MWO, but since MWO is following a 1to1 timeline (it's currently 3050) some mechs have not come into the timeline yet. The renames of the similar mechs was done to give you the older mechs in game without PGI being sued by Harmony Gold.

There are only two game modes right now: Assault and Conquest. Assault is kill all the enemy mechs (or 100% capture their home base to win, while Conquest requires you to cap multiple base points (to get 750 resources) or kill all the other teams mechs. There are more game modes planned but right now in open beta, there are just these two.

There is no campaign mode like in the older single player MW games, but there will be community warfare which is faction based and planned to be in game for the September official release.

There are plenty of houses/factions and mech units already forming for this game. My advice is enjoy what is here and be patient. The official launch isn't until September 17th.

Enjoy!

Ingvay Shans
House Laio, Capellan Confederation
4th Tau Ceti Rangers

#630 FEK315

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 337 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 08:10 AM

I want to buy the Phoenix package at the 60 dollar mark I was wondering when the premium time starts? Do I activate it or does it start as soon as I purchase it?
Reason being my computer is being built and I won't be using my premium account for the first week.

Edited by FEK315, 07 July 2013 - 08:11 AM.

#631 Schoolboy

Rookie

• 6 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 09:35 PM

Hell of a lot info. not really a newbie in the game but i dindn't get to visit forum pretty often.

#632 ShinjiSamaChanKunMe

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 10:34 AM

Hello and thank you for the resources and info. I've been an off-and-on Battletech enthusiast since the first simulation center opened in Chicago. I actually thought FASA was dead for awhile after MW4, it's nice to see it's back and in the free2play zone! I'm very much looking forward to checking out this game.

#633 LoeKie

• PipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 24 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 02 August 2013 - 05:26 PM

Thank you.

#634 Didacus

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 07:16 AM

Trying to install the game but I get a message saying there is an error with a timestamp. Has anyone else gotten this type of mistake? Please email me at ydeslauriers@hotmail.com if you can help. Thanks!

#635 Aastarius

• Pip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 05 August 2013 - 07:34 AM

Many, many thanks for maintaining this thread, been very useful to a new player like me :)

#636 Didacus

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 06:23 PM

I keep getting the error message 0x800b0101 - A required certificate is not within its validity period when verifying against the current system clock or the timestamp in the signed file. The error occurs while trying to install the game. Any help would be helpful! Thanks!

#637 RANDALLFLAGG

Rookie

• 8 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationTRONDHEIM

Posted 07 August 2013 - 07:48 PM

View PostDidacus, on 06 August 2013 - 06:23 PM, said:

I keep getting the error message 0x800b0101 - A required certificate is not within its validity period when verifying against the current system clock or the timestamp in the signed file. The error occurs while trying to install the game. Any help would be helpful! Thanks!

Thanks for the very consise, well placed and maintained wealth of info. Please keep this thread maintained! [and the one which directs ppl where to post game related problems!]

#638 Kiritumi

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 120 posts
  • LocationIyanden

Posted 09 August 2013 - 12:29 PM

Never did start here, but I guess I will post here now since the topic asked nicely <3

#639 Enigmos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,290 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia

Posted 16 August 2013 - 07:27 AM

View PostFEK315, on 07 July 2013 - 08:10 AM, said:

I want to buy the Phoenix package at the 60 dollar mark I was wondering when the premium time starts? Do I activate it or does it start as soon as I purchase it?
Reason being my computer is being built and I won't be using my premium account for the first week.

The way it worked for the Founders' program was they provided a toggle at the bottom of the UI (before launching into a match) whereby we could activate our premium time rewards. I see no reason to think this will change, so take heart.

#640 Dephylr

• PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 04:14 AM

best advice i have for a new player is to quit now.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users