- - - - -

New Players Start Here (Pretty Please!)

656 replies to this topic

#601 Blasto121

Rookie

• 1 posts
  • LocationEugene, OR

Posted 18 January 2013 - 08:39 PM

Greetings, nice to finally get back in the cockpit of a mech.

#602 Demoned

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 670 posts
  • Locationi Died went to heaven, then died again now I'm in Equestria

Posted 18 January 2013 - 09:15 PM

Wow a page without a founder badge let me change that lol

welcome to all the new players here

don't take the forums to serious :P
the games far more fun than most make out :)

#603 F1R3H4WK

Rookie

• 8 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 31 January 2013 - 05:57 PM

Greetings friends! Just to say Hi... have love BT since junior school....

#604 Boden

Rookie

• 1 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 09 February 2013 - 04:18 PM

Great game!
(even with all the "lost sessions")

#605 Strykewolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 394 posts
  • LocationRogue River, Oregon

Posted 17 February 2013 - 03:41 PM

Looks like I'll be reading for a bit while game downloads. Howdy folks.

#606 Kaemon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,924 posts
  • LocationMN

Posted 26 March 2013 - 06:43 AM

Recently this thread was found amidst a Brian Cache, and updated to a more current status, some of the more customizable features are still being investigated, as the knowledge to use them was lost to the ages and needs to be relearned.

#607 OpenSent

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 08:00 PM

Good stuff.. Thanks!

#608 Kaemon

• 1,924 posts
  • LocationMN

Posted 05 April 2013 - 10:01 AM

Updated some of the newer announcements.

Level 1 spoiler tag achievement obtained -Thanks miSs!

#609 Black Crimson

• Pip
  • The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 18 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 07:37 AM

Hello everyone. When I first saw the trailer for Mechwarrior
This one (A shame its dead)
I instantly thought "this stuff looks awesome."
I only heard about the Mechwarrior franchise briefly, and didn't care much.
I'm a fan of Warhammer 40.000 , Star-Wars etc, and I always loved the Mechs in Star-Wars (AT-ST etc).

So Eventually I saw MWO , and I was like "This looks amazing. I need this now." and for now I have no regrets.
I see alot of whine-threads and "oh this game has turned so bad" but I'm having fun killing stuff in public games.

However, I'd like to expand. I know little to nothing about the Mechwarrior universe, and the Wiki is kind of overwhelming.
What I need are some wingmen that can teach me and that I can have fun playing with.
I also like to roleplay, and wonder what to make of Black Crimson.

My favourite mechs are the Catapult and the Atlas, though recently I really got fond of the Hunchback.
I tried some fun builds recently, like Atlas with SRMs and LBX-10 AC or what that shotgun is called, it really REALLY rapes.
And my Catapult is great, too. So is my Laserboat Hunchback.
I wish the game had a better ingame-social system.

#610 Kaemon

• 1,924 posts
  • LocationMN

Posted 08 April 2013 - 10:16 AM

View PostBlack Crimson, on 06 April 2013 - 07:37 AM, said:

Greetings and Welcome,
Don't worry, this is still a BETA and alot of features are in the pipe/coming down Soonish™

Updates - cleaned up formatting, and created a player vids section (there are some awesome vids out there).

#611 MacBinary

Rookie

• 4 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 19 April 2013 - 09:59 PM

Posted Image

Going through my old komputer boxes and found this today :lol: This new MWO is hardcore when kompared to this game!! I love both equally. The new system was a bit off putting at first but it's growing on me. I just wish there wasn't such a gap between new players and MWO legends. I would like a campaign too, and to have that add to your character so when you go out PVP you at least stand a chance. im 2 kills 8 deaths and getting flogged. I would pay $100 in a heart beat when this game is released if it can level out the playing fields and add immersion elements because lets face it, Mechwarrior is not a game, for the most of us its been a HUGE part of our lives for decades. I design ROVs for a living and this game has the potential to tick every box, fingers crossed they nail it.
Thanks to the devs for making this available to play for free at present. I like the graphics a lot, the play feels excellent, just needs to be more than another PVP shooter. Turrets etc ^_^
Thanks

#612 Kaemon

• 1,924 posts
  • LocationMN

Posted 07 May 2013 - 09:56 AM

View PostMacBinary, on 19 April 2013 - 09:59 PM, said:

Going through my old komputer boxes and found this today ;) This new MWO is hardcore when kompared to this game!! I love both equally. The new system was a bit off putting at first but it's growing on me. I just wish there wasn't such a gap between new players and MWO legends. I would like a campaign too, and to have that add to your character so when you go out PVP you at least stand a chance. im 2 kills 8 deaths and getting flogged. I would pay $100 in a heart beat when this game is released if it can level out the playing fields and add immersion elements because lets face it, Mechwarrior is not a game, for the most of us its been a HUGE part of our lives for decades. I design ROVs for a living and this game has the potential to tick every box, fingers crossed they nail it.
Thanks to the devs for making this available to play for free at present. I like the graphics a lot, the play feels excellent, just needs to be more than another PVP shooter. Turrets etc ;)
Thanks

We had a few tough cookies in Closed BETA, and established teams were already practicing tactics. There should be a competitive tier to this game, but I agree new players need to be able to function without getting their heads blow off time after time (new blood replaces old blood after all).

I think ELO matchmaking changes should help, in an instanced game like this (without any care bearish support roles like tanks, dropship pilots, etc.) and as of yet no ECW support roles (all roles are pretty much assault), it's going to have a slightly higher learning curve than most games.

We'll see, PGI is dedicated to going after new players (it's really their financial benefit to do so) it's a fine line to juggle while on fire (that's for sure).

- more updates, cleaned up more format issues.

#613 Blake Malone

Rookie

• The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 09:48 PM

Man I have not been playing a Mechwarrior game since MW4 Black knight (never got Mercs) and I have to say 12 years later its good to be back in the 55+ ton saddle :huh:

#614 Felio

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,721 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 12:55 PM

FAQ link is broken. Just goes to the support page now, no #faq anchor tag there anymore.

#615 ISHADOWMOURNER

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 01:06 PM

I have a problem, and dont know where to ask for help.
I downloaded the game and it loads. I click 'PATCH' and the screen comes up for the 'Accept' or 'Decline' but it is cut off. The only thing i can click is part of the 'Decline' button. I tried to move over the window, but its still cut off and no accept button. Any solutions?

#616 Genewen

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 01:14 PM

View PostISHADOWMOURNER, on 29 May 2013 - 01:06 PM, said:

I have a problem, and dont know where to ask for help.
I downloaded the game and it loads. I click 'PATCH' and the screen comes up for the 'Accept' or 'Decline' but it is cut off. The only thing i can click is part of the 'Decline' button. I tried to move over the window, but its still cut off and no accept button. Any solutions?

Some players report that problem to be based on their screen resolution. Try switching the resolution to something else until you managed to click "accept".

#617 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 01:23 PM

View PostBlack Crimson, on 06 April 2013 - 07:37 AM, said:

Hello everyone. When I first saw the trailer for Mechwarrior
This one (A shame its dead)
I instantly thought "this stuff looks awesome."
I only heard about the Mechwarrior franchise briefly, and didn't care much.
I'm a fan of Warhammer 40.000 , Star-Wars etc, and I always loved the Mechs in Star-Wars (AT-ST etc).

So Eventually I saw MWO , and I was like "This looks amazing. I need this now." and for now I have no regrets.
I see alot of whine-threads and "oh this game has turned so bad" but I'm having fun killing stuff in public games.

However, I'd like to expand. I know little to nothing about the Mechwarrior universe, and the Wiki is kind of overwhelming.
What I need are some wingmen that can teach me and that I can have fun playing with.
I also like to roleplay, and wonder what to make of Black Crimson.

My favourite mechs are the Catapult and the Atlas, though recently I really got fond of the Hunchback.
I tried some fun builds recently, like Atlas with SRMs and LBX-10 AC or what that shotgun is called, it really REALLY rapes.
And my Catapult is great, too. So is my Laserboat Hunchback.

Microsoft killed MW5. :( "Third person. Arcade action. It needs to entertain the halo / call of duty / front mission fan-base. Xbox exclusive." PGI's like "...we're gonna go broke," and the company nearly went bankrupt. More details to that demise here.

That said: Coming in July it will have a Steam-like social system that allows you to chat even in a match. I think that's not so great but it's okay. We'll find some sucker yapping in social while I line up a shot on his cockpit.

There are many groups out there. Some serious, some laid back. If you have teamspeak, I can extend a hand in a no drama, fun-loving spot. Just be warned; there's many flamers to be had here.

Spoiler

View PostMacBinary, on 19 April 2013 - 09:59 PM, said:

Going through my old komputer boxes and found this today :) This new MWO is hardcore when kompared to this game!! I love both equally. The new system was a bit off putting at first but it's growing on me. I just wish there wasn't such a gap between new players and MWO legends. I would like a campaign too, and to have that add to your character so when you go out PVP you at least stand a chance. im 2 kills 8 deaths and getting flogged. I would pay $100 in a heart beat when this game is released if it can level out the playing fields and add immersion elements because lets face it, Mechwarrior is not a game, for the most of us its been a HUGE part of our lives for decades. I design ROVs for a living and this game has the potential to tick every box, fingers crossed they nail it.
Thanks to the devs for making this available to play for free at present. I like the graphics a lot, the play feels excellent, just needs to be more than another PVP shooter. Turrets etc :D
Thanks

PGI said that once they generate enough interest in MWO, they will make another attempt at making a single player game.

Turrets are mentioned to be part of a Community Warfare game mode that is coming up referred to as a "One Sided Assault." Details are scarce. Bryan Ekman specifically said: "The defensive team's base will have automatic defenses." I am predicting something that is a nod to MechCommander in terms of alternative points to capture to takeover or disable defenses which will also need to be protected.

Role playing is available in some threads of the forums. I'm personally thinking of joining one.

I know we're all impressed by the concept of Star Citizen which has a basis off of both Front Mission Online and Wing Commander. But we can't expect MWO to be reworked to compete.

Edited by Koniving, 29 May 2013 - 01:27 PM.

#618 mrWermut

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 01:35 AM

Hello everyone. Don't want to begin a new thread , better ask here.
I'm completely newbie in the MWO (excetp ive read beginners guide)

So, I have my cadet's 9 M CBs: what best mech u can suggest to start with ?

#619 thanhquyen

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 05:37 AM

Oh I see. I will try

bubble boom boom
sea bubbles
bubble mania
bubble precision
bubble ocean
bubble shooting premium
bubble frog
bubble coffee
bububbles
bubbles obama
magic toy factory
flower power
free bubbl odyssey
bubble shooter
bubble shooter 2
bubble shooter 3
bubble shooter 4
bubble shooter 5
bubble shooter 6

#620 Kaemon

• 1,924 posts
  • LocationMN

Posted 06 June 2013 - 06:02 AM

View PostmrWermut, on 06 June 2013 - 01:35 AM, said:

Hello everyone. Don't want to begin a new thread , better ask here.
I'm completely newbie in the MWO (excetp ive read beginners guide)

So, I have my cadet's 9 M CBs: what best mech u can suggest to start with ?

Depending on your cbill situation your best bet is probably a medium, there is a wonderful resource smurfy that allows you to mockup some builds without spending the cbills until you get something that will work.

Protip - stay away from the XL engines for a bit.

Mediums are good for learning teamwork, not forging ahead by yourself (you'll die quickly) and relying on teammates (which in public matches can be a bit dicey).

Then when you get a feel for the game you can start working on a preferred type (light or assault, etc...).

Good luck!

Edited by Kaemon, 06 June 2013 - 06:04 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users