House Kurita Introductions

295 replies to this topic

#21 Priscus

Rookie

• 2 posts
  • LocationAlbuquerque, NM

Posted 02 November 2011 - 05:57 PM

My knowledge of the Mechwarrior universe is admittedly limited; my sole experience with it has been MW3 and 4. Nonetheless, the games are entertaining and I look forwards to learning more about the canon.

Regardless, I have a natural disposition towards strategy and logistics, and can often... maul others in strategy based games such as Chess or Go. Although I am unfamiliar with the exact nature of MWO, as well as poorly educated in the dynamics of the plot, I nonetheless am confident that I will be able to perform optimally. I am versatile in my talents, and can likely fill any role competently.I am interested in information control, as well as general strategy.

Edited by Priscus, 02 November 2011 - 05:57 PM.

#22 Hawkcrest

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 169 posts
  • LocationEast Stroudsburg, PA

Posted 02 November 2011 - 06:34 PM

View PostPaladin Brewer, on 02 November 2011 - 10:23 AM, said:

Nah I didn't play with DCM then. I didn't think I did. You probably remember me from 3025 or ISW.

Actually you and I spent a bit of time arguing who the real House Kurita was in 3025 because you didnt like my attitude lolz RCO Paladin, as I held the title Gunji-no-Kanrei through the Mechwarrior based games while Tarl Calbot held the title through the MPBT games. eventually Tarl Recognized the benefit in working with us "DCM" and bringing me in as a Regimental CO for House Kurita, where we brought a bunch of our guys in from what we considered to be the "real leagues" Once our two factions began to work together we stomped a mudhole in both Davion and Stiener on several occasions. You might have played with us breifley in MLL before it ended.

#23 Paladin Brewer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 485 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 06:40 PM

Given that it was a MPBT game, the MPBT House Kurita was the "real" house Kurita there, while your guys were joining us, While we're on the subject though, your signature is not correct.

"EA 3025 Tai-Sho 3rd Sword of Light under Gunji-No-Kanrei Tarl Calbot"

You were an RCO, so at most you would have been a Chu-sa. You were not RCO of the 3rd Sword of Light (which isnt even on the MPBT:3025 TOE), you were RCO of the 1st Proserpina Hussars in Rubigen prefecture, Rasalhague MD under Stryker and Crypto.

*chuckles* And though I agree we did not get along and I did not like your attitude, I was not the only one. :)

BUT.....luckily for both of us this is a new game, with no HK command established whatsoever, which works out for both of us. The best we can do is get along and see House Kurita to ultimate victory. I'll even bring the sake.

#24 Hawkcrest

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 06:48 PM

View PostPaladin Brewer, on 02 November 2011 - 06:40 PM, said:

Given that it was a MPBT game, the MPBT House Kurita was the "real" house Kurita there, while your guys were joining us, While we're on the subject though, your signature is not correct.

"EA 3025 Tai-Sho 3rd Sword of Light under Gunji-No-Kanrei Tarl Calbot"

You were an RCO, so at most you would have been a Chu-sa. You were not RCO of the 3rd Sword of Light (which isnt even on the MPBT:3025 TOE), you were RCO of the 1st Proserpina Hussars in Rubigen prefecture, Rasalhague MD under Stryker and Crypto.

*chuckles* And though I agree we did not get along and I did not like your attitude, I was not the only one. :)

BUT.....luckily for both of us this is a new game, with no HK command established whatsoever, which works out for both of us. The best we can do is get along and see House Kurita to ultimate victory. I'll even bring the sake.

Yeah I couldnt remember the name of the unit we took in the end, I remember stating to Tarl that we wanted the 3rd Sword so I went with it, thanks for the reminder as for the elevation to Tai-Sho that happend in ISW, again through Tarl though ISW was a shell of what 3025 WAS

#25 Paladin Brewer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 485 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 06:49 PM

Tarl didn't even play ISW, so I don't think he gave you the rank of Tai-Sho there either :)

#26 Hawkcrest

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 06:51 PM

View PostPaladin Brewer, on 02 November 2011 - 06:49 PM, said:

Tarl didn't even play ISW, so I don't think he gave you the rank of Tai-Sho there either :)

Well I fixed the EA one, as for the Tai-Sho it was given in ISW by someone, because it was my guys who spent most of the time playing it while it was based on Mech4 until it died or I left, But I do appreciate the reminder, its been along time playing these games and I honestly have been to busy in eve to remember the older mechwarrior days

Edited by Hawkcrest, 02 November 2011 - 06:53 PM.

#27 Paladin Brewer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 485 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 06:54 PM

Assuming it was during my time, I don't really think that happened. Rude Rich was the HL for a while, but the Gunji-no-Kanrei position was vacant. It was offered to me but I did not take it, I remained Warlord of Rasalhague (Warlord sounds so much more awesome than Tai-shu). Eventually Goliath became HXO, and later TC. I don't even remember you playing ISW, though I do remember Elektrik hanging around some. I think he bit me a few times :)

#28 Hawkcrest

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 06:58 PM

View PostPaladin Brewer, on 02 November 2011 - 06:54 PM, said:

Assuming it was during my time, I don't really think that happened. Rude Rich was the HL for a while, but the Gunji-no-Kanrei position was vacant. It was offered to me but I did not take it, I remained Warlord of Rasalhague (Warlord sounds so much more awesome than Tai-shu). Eventually Goliath became HXO, and later TC. I don't even remember you playing ISW, though I do remember Elektrik hanging around some. I think he bit me a few times :)

Well, I do remmebr Rich as well, though I belive it was the ISW developer who gave me the title because no one else was leading House Kurita, or almost ever online for some time, and he wanted to re ignite the masses, I vaugley remember you being offered the XO position and turning it down. I guess given our rocky past I should expect you to attempt to make me look like an ***, but thats okay my ego can take it, it has certainly done it before ;-)

Edited by Hawkcrest, 02 November 2011 - 06:58 PM.

#29 Paladin Brewer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 485 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 07:01 PM

*chuckles* I just like to make sure things are accurate, I'm a bit of a stickler for such things. But anywho, let's make "happy time," as I said with the lack of command in this game anyway (so it looks), I think we need to focus more on our borders than each other.

#30 Hawkcrest

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 07:07 PM

With that thought in mind, I maintain a 100 man teamspeak server for my Eve-online team, for the immeadiate future we can use the alternate gaming rooms on this server to begin constituting the team/re-constituting so to speak. You can get teamspeak 3 from www.goteamspeak.com

IP address is tor.zebgames.com:9999

When you get on the server, please use the Alternate Gaming rooms to assemble until we have had an opportunity to coordinate together. Brewer since your taking an active role, Ill give you admin rights on the server and you can welcome our old friends as they login.

Edited by Hawkcrest, 02 November 2011 - 07:08 PM.

#31 Paladin Brewer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 485 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 07:14 PM

Thanks, though probably not too relevant now. No game for another year and we still don't know what it will look like. I'm a little worried it's just going to be quick drops like default MW4 multiplayer or something heh, but we'll see.

Though I've heard Mumble is the new thing now, though I haven't looked at it much.

#32 Hawkcrest

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 07:35 PM

Its always rellevant, keepin as much of the group in a core is always best for morale and for team spirit

#33 Starkiller

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 271 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 11:31 PM

Season 1 for W!O title, Season 2 it was Black Hearts which became the core of House Kurita and added 9th Sword as well as a few other units to make House Kurita. So technically you were only House Kurita Leader Season 1 I was House Kurita Leader Season 2 and since at that time frame I owned www.housekurita.com that would make us the real House Kurita right Brewer :)

PS It is up for grabs now, feel free to grab it up!

Edited by Starkiller, 02 November 2011 - 11:31 PM.

#34 Hawkcrest

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 05:43 AM

View PostStarkiller, on 02 November 2011 - 11:31 PM, said:

Season 1 for W!O title, Season 2 it was Black Hearts which became the core of House Kurita and added 9th Sword as well as a few other units to make House Kurita. So technically you were only House Kurita Leader Season 1 I was House Kurita Leader Season 2 and since at that time frame I owned www.housekurita.com that would make us the real House Kurita right Brewer :)

PS It is up for grabs now, feel free to grab it up!

Yes in Season 2 we operated as the Crescent Hawks spanking the Clans and then taking you guys down ;-)

#35 taxman

• PipPipPip
  • 61 posts
  • LocationWirral Cheshire England

Posted 03 November 2011 - 05:53 AM

It has to be here. All things considered , the existing Lore dictates that Clan Nova Cat will eventualy side with The IS in [color="#000000"]Operation Bulldog[/color]

[color="#000000"]~S~[/color]

#36 Pirx

Rookie

• 1 posts
  • LocationMoscow

Posted 03 November 2011 - 06:13 AM

Greetings, everyone! I'm self-proclaimed sho-sa Pirx from Ryuken-ni 1st battalion, based in Moscow. I mostly played classic tabletop BT, but also played most of the PC MechWarrior games. Can't wait to jump into the mech again!
Let's get the Combine back to the 3025 borders! ::)

#37 ice trey

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,523 posts
  • LocationFukushima, Japan

Posted 03 November 2011 - 07:15 AM

Ice Trey Here.

Initially got my start on the franchise through the Cartoon, whose themesong stuck in my head and I would have little nerdgasms every time the animation went 3D (This was before Reboot or Toy Story, so 3D cartoons were kind of a big deal).

Got addicted to Mechwarrior 2 at the tender age of 8 years old after my father got me a shareware demo of the game. Jenner IIC, Summoner, Timberwolf, and Marauder IIC were the only 'mechs I could use. I was ecstatic when I got MW2 as my first ever full-version (non-floppydiskpirated) computer game.

Collected Battletech CCG cards near-religiously as a kid, and even painted pewter minis and bought whatever Technical Readout books I could - I would have got the Introbox back then, but the Canadian dollar was doing so badly compared to USD, anything that was shipped from over the border was prohibitively expensive.

Finally bought into the Battletech Tabletop game in 2004, when the rumblings of a Mechwarrior 5 PC game from microsoft died as silently as they came. I wanted more Battletech universe, but nobody would bring it to me, so I bought it, and I shouldn't be surprised, but I loved the hell out of it. Everything just clicked and made sense. I quickly took up playing the RPG component with some of my school friends, and ran several Mechwarrior RPG campaigns in both Mechwarrior 2nd edition and A Time of War. I much more frequently play straight up pickup games based on BV2 at the LGS, though.

Now, I'm a member of the Demo Team, though I have yet to run my first official Demo Game; I'm waiting until I finish those new minis I'm working on for just that purpose.

As for why I chose Draconis Combine? The TRO 3058 Upgrade book from Fanpro had just come out as I was deciding what I wanted for an army, and they published the Battle Armor suits for the first time. I loved them so much, I wanted to make a force that could support them. I already knew I wanted either a Drac or FWL force, but since the DC had more of the toys I liked (BA, C3, IS omnimechs) I opted to go with them.

Edited by ice trey, 03 November 2011 - 07:18 AM.

#38 Kyll Long

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 356 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 03 November 2011 - 07:18 AM

Speaking of Treys.... Anyone seen Trey Kirk?

#39 Alexander Hadrios

• Pip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationHoly Terra, Segmentum Solar, Imperium of Man

Posted 03 November 2011 - 08:59 AM

So, uhhhh, it occurs to me to ask, who is gunna be the lead guy or guys in this new and glorious revival of House Kurita Loyalists? I mean, several of you like the Paladin fella and the -AAA- fella have what seems like a ton of experience, and lacking such experience in MW games i'm kinda curious who the big lead is gunna be.

#40 Paladin Brewer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 485 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 09:03 AM

As far as I can tell, in this game there will be no "big lead," just separately run units who will hopefully try to work together, much like any current fantasy MMO. That's what it's sounding like anyway.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users