any MULTIPLAYER BATTLETECH 3025 game from 2001 players?

405 replies to this topic

#321 macfarlane

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 04:58 PM

View PostKristov Kerensky, on 26 December 2011 - 10:07 PM, said:

Here's the reason..and you folks are going to hate this as much as I did back then..and still do.

Kesmai..the folks who made the game. Great guys, wonderful games, totally worthless when it came to security. Did you know you could hack INTO the GEnie system via the MPBT? Not to mention the hacks and exploits in the MPBT itself. Solaris..yeah..same thing. BattleTech 3025...that was a hacker's playground, security was so weak and useless in it. What, did you all forget all the exploits and hacks in the 3025 beta? It literally turned into a nightmare for EA, Kesmai couldn't fix the exploits being found AND they couldn't stop the hacks being created, and EA really didn't have the manpower to waste on it, since they had quite a few other projects of their own going on at the same time, PC and console. Just wasn't worth the money being put into it, MW4 wasn't doing as well as expected, the beta population, despite what some of you think, was NOT that large WITH an open beta, the numbers just weren't there to support putting even MORE money into the project, it was cancelled.

Sometimes, no matter how fun a game might seem to you, it can still be too fundamentally broken to be worth anything. BattleTech 3025 was one of those games.

I had no idea about all of that. of course I just played and sometimes would run out to Kesmai's HQ to play paintball or get drunk with em since I was only over in Richmond VA. Sad to learn that, I really liked Kelton and John and others I ran into that worked for them.

#322 macfarlane

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 05:01 PM

View PostWhitehawk, on 03 January 2012 - 06:34 AM, said:

OMG Howdy Agent, I have not seen you for ages :P

Col. White Hawk (Ret. Lt. Gen.)
Maui's Marauders Merc Corp
GEnie MPBT 3025
AOL Solaris
GameStorm Solaris
GameStorm Aliens Online Game Staff

heyo Whitehawk, good to see your still around as well. Is Maui still kicking?

#323 BeardedBrigand

Rookie

• 5 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 03:54 AM

Played Mpbt solaris and Mpbt 3025 for Liao, my callsign was Mistwalker. Miss those days with Diablo, Siltec, JCutama, Hydro, Pain, Pain Jr, Savatage. Remember lots of the names here and most of the battles we had with Marik, Davion and Steiner.

#324 Leana

Rookie

• 8 posts
  • LocationSomewhere that isn't here.

Posted 07 January 2012 - 09:41 PM

Betatested 3025,
Played MPBT Solaris.

Like I said in the Steiner forum discussion, MPBT had the best community of any MMO I've played before or since -- everyone (on all sides) was fantastic. My only regret is that my preferrerd mech is no longer available due to the harmony gold settlement. ^_^

#325 Supremacist

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 287 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 07:35 PM

View PostKristov Kerensky, on 26 December 2011 - 10:07 PM, said:

Kesmai..the folks who made the game. Great guys, wonderful games, totally worthless when it came to security. Did you know you could hack INTO the GEnie system via the MPBT? Not to mention the hacks and exploits in the MPBT itself. Solaris..yeah..same thing. BattleTech 3025...that was a hacker's playground, security was so weak and useless in it. What, did you all forget all the exploits and hacks in the 3025 beta? It literally turned into a nightmare for EA, Kesmai couldn't fix the exploits being found AND they couldn't stop the hacks being created, and EA really didn't have the manpower to waste on it, since they had quite a few other projects of their own going on at the same time, PC and console. Just wasn't worth the money being put into it, MW4 wasn't doing as well as expected, the beta population, despite what some of you think, was NOT that large WITH an open beta, the numbers just weren't there to support putting even MORE money into the project, it was cancelled.

Ahahahahaa. Ya, not many knew it at the time.
I just wanted this quoted for truth.

#326 Vorianathamas

• Pip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 14 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 09 January 2012 - 11:29 PM

Posted Image

#327 Hydian

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 04:56 PM

Played on GEnie...think my handle was Droopy, but I don't remember for certain. Doubt anyone remembers me anyway as I was relatively quiet. :P Was with The Golden Horde mercenary company.

Probably the fondest memories were the flamer locust FFA brawls with the TBC folks. :P

#328 Sturmbb

• PipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 52 posts
  • LocationKissimmee , fl

Posted 11 January 2012 - 05:26 PM

it was a decent game but there was something missing in that version , I likes the genie version based on the original PC game had more to do you had your fighting your planet assualt your mech lab. You could have your mech blown out from bellow you and it take a month to find all the rare parts to get it running in perfect condition again took me a month to find 2 engine repairs for my marauder.

#329 Chuckie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,738 posts
  • LocationHell if I don't change my ways

Posted 13 January 2012 - 08:00 AM

View PostVorianathamas, on 09 January 2012 - 11:29 PM, said:

Posted Image

Thats not Awesome..

This is :
Posted Image

#330 Hartsblade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • 772 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 07:06 PM

Wow ton of names from the past...

I was running under the name Darkhorse back then, good to see everyone again.

#331 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,740 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 18 January 2012 - 07:03 PM

View PostDarklord, on 01 November 2011 - 07:52 PM, said:

Only $10 a day spoiled kids ;)

Heck Genie charged us $6 an hour during prime time for MPBT on it's service

DL

For GEnie in 91/92(when I played for 3-4 months, $6/hr was non-Prime time (6pm to 8am local time) and jumped $18/hr prime time (only did that ONCE!!!) Of course mulltiple severe credit card burn out (2 jobs and school :lol: )
GEnie for Davion
netbeta Solaris Davion
AOL-Gamestorm Solaris Kurita
EA-MPBT3025 Kurita (EA can burn)

What was funny about Majesty that it was going to be their "flagship" but it did not even last 6 months after the non-EA games (MPBT/Airwarrior and others) were closed down.

#332 CWSureshot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 124 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 18 January 2012 - 07:25 PM

Yeah i played that game and i fell in love the very second and honestly have been waiting for almost a decade for a game to come out that is even remotely close to it.. Planetside was the closest thing to this game experience. I really cant wait and just know that this game is coming out and is free to play is good to true and i cant express how happy nd excited i am.. its like my life has meaning again.

#333 Degrath

• PipPip
  • 37 posts
  • LocationColumbus Ohio

Posted 14 February 2012 - 06:50 PM

Hback with The Black Company for Gamestorm MPBT Solaris and in 3025 we were still Black Company but we were attached to a House Marik unit (name I cant remember). Any other Black Co guys out there still?

Edited by Degrath, 14 February 2012 - 06:53 PM.

#334 FireBerretta

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 169 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 15 February 2012 - 04:30 PM

View Postmechanus, on 31 October 2011 - 12:58 PM, said:

I remember MPBT:3025. House Liao under callsign Leviathan.

Then welcome back, Leviathan. Put on your old uniform :)

#335 FireBerretta

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 169 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 15 February 2012 - 04:32 PM

View PostBeardedBrigand, on 06 January 2012 - 03:54 AM, said:

Played Mpbt solaris and Mpbt 3025 for Liao, my callsign was Mistwalker. Miss those days with Diablo, Siltec, JCutama, Hydro, Pain, Pain Jr, Savatage. Remember lots of the names here and most of the battles we had with Marik, Davion and Steiner.

Heya Mistwalker, come join us again. We would love to have ya

#336 FireBerretta

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 169 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 15 February 2012 - 04:40 PM

Started in '96 on Gamestorm/AOL. Did the MPBT 3025 thing and then ISW. Even went to gencon just before the MPBT 3025 release..now that was a fun year! I still have pics that some of you would like to forget! haha
i was Born a Liao and I will Die a Liao! <VDB>

#337 Rygat

• Pip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 18 posts
  • LocationAll around you!

Posted 16 February 2012 - 08:04 PM

View PostGrond, on 01 November 2011 - 06:58 AM, said:

I was beta testing that. I was very disapointed when it was scrapped. It was a lot of fun to play and I love the Inner Sphere conquest aspect of it.

So Grond when are you going to update this;

http://www.mpbt3025.com/

I've been waiting like 3 years for you to approve me for the forums :ph34r:

Edited by rygat, 16 February 2012 - 08:04 PM.

#338 TsunamiHK

• Pip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 19 February 2012 - 07:39 PM

Good to see so many old faces.... I played a very short time on Genie before going to MPBT Solaris (around 1996 I think) on AOL pay to play Kesmai Studios and then to Gamestorm.

I'm pretty excited about playing my all time favorite game... see you guys on the battlefield!

Geazzz has it really been this long...

-=Tsu aka Storm

Edited by TsunamiHK, 22 February 2012 - 04:32 PM.

#339 nightsniper

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 209 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 06:05 AM

Yes I was their on my Blackjack what fun we had and Davion Ruled the map as I recall. Can not believe it was so long ago, I do hope this game is not just a remake of 3025 but takes it further.

#340 anoshi

• Pip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 16 posts
  • LocationBrisbane, Australia

Posted 01 March 2012 - 07:53 PM

I played MPBT3025 under Davion as 'subtlep'. I recall some of the TBC and HH players, and would love to catch up again with 'BlasTBC' and 'PlasmaSeer'.

Great to see old faces keeping the dream alive! Looking forward to many games with and against you all in the near future :-)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users