any MULTIPLAYER BATTLETECH 3025 game from 2001 players?

405 replies to this topic

#41 steelwraith

• PipPipPip
  • 61 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 31 October 2011 - 05:49 PM

Yep, I was in this; damned if I can remember what my callsign was though.

#42 keltik

Rookie

• 4 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 31 October 2011 - 05:56 PM

Yup, 3025 was the game that introduced me to the Battletech universe. I joined up with the 19th Arcturan Guards, LCAF. It was the best team experience I have had in the Battletech universe.

#43 Gray Death

• PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 07:22 PM

View Postterminator, on 31 October 2011 - 12:49 PM, said:

So did anyone else beta test the game they had back in 2001, the one that got cancelled by EA/Microsoft?
http://pc.ign.com/ob...014/014050.html
http://battletechliv...attletech-3025/

So will it be like that game? because that was the MOST fun online game i seriously have ever encountered. Now this is from a guy who has beta tested every major mmo period ever, including Battletech 3025 in closed beta.

BTW I'm am soooo happy right now, I don't even know what to do with myself.

Yep, I was in beta. BattleTech 3025 Online is still the most fun I've had with an semi mmo/mmo style game. I also think it had some of the best mech combat of all the MW/BT games. Crying shame it was axed. I'm super excited about MWO.

#44 Guest_zulubravo_*

Posted 31 October 2011 - 07:24 PM

I got to play MPBT:3025 before it got cancelled. Of all the MechWarrior games I've played (which is all of them), MPBT was my favorite. I sincerely hope MWO is at least similar to MPBT, if not better.

Edited by zulubravo, 31 October 2011 - 07:25 PM.

#45 Shadoe Ryder

• PipPip
  • The Blazing
  • 27 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 07:42 PM

Yes we are :)

Shadoe Ryder
House Marik on Genie
then TBC.

And I see Agent has already checked in. Ahh the days of actual planetary capture. Hopefully they can bring some of the strategic aspect of the game back.

View Posthelmer, on 31 October 2011 - 12:54 PM, said:

Yep, I was there on GEnie Wanderer. Paying $3 an hour to play. Around '94-'95

I remember even flying to Greensboro for "Skippy-Con" to see the new version being rolled out.

Uncle Skippy and a few of the guys where there.

I think TBC (The Blo ody Clans) are still around.

#46 twinkletoes

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 07:58 PM

Here is a blast from the past:

Anybody else remember that music? :)

#47 Roh

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 255 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD, US

Posted 31 October 2011 - 08:22 PM

:.(... This sucks... Never even knew it existed let alone got a chance ti see the awesome before it got dropped.

#48 Helmer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationColumbus, Ga

Posted 31 October 2011 - 09:16 PM

View Postredwolf, on 31 October 2011 - 04:25 PM, said:

Heh, I played the original NetMech over DOS, using a gaming network called Kali. There was a league I was involved in, though it's been too long to remember. This was in 1996 or 97.. so yeah. Been an AVID fan of the Mechwarrior series and have LONG awaited an MMO version. I was mad when they cancelled the MPBT and hope this one will actually come to fruition.

I have a beta tester credit on Netmech. Actually think I still have the 3.5" they sent it to me on around here somewhere.....

View PostShadoe Ryder, on 31 October 2011 - 07:42 PM, said:

Yes we are :)

Shadoe Ryder
House Marik on Genie
then TBC.

And I see Agent has already checked in. Ahh the days of actual planetary capture. Hopefully they can bring some of the strategic aspect of the game back.

Ahhh... good to see ya. I got nostalgic a few years ago and looked up TBC. Saw there were some pictures posted of a few meetings years back. Had some epic fights with Von Reichman on Solaris, and offered a spot in TBC by ICE (Rich). Met a number of them (Von Reichman was one) At SkippyCon in Greensboro, and then again at GenCon in , I think, '94.

Good times. Would love to play with some TBC guys once again. And I agree. One of my ferverant hopes was some sort of planetary capture ala MPBT.

Edited by helmer, 31 October 2011 - 09:21 PM.

#49 Blair

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 105 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII, Federated Commonwealth

Posted 31 October 2011 - 10:03 PM

I played Solaris on AOL and GameStorm, and 3025 during the open beta. But I spent the vast majority of my time on the boards, first writing in the RP forum 'Skippy's Fern Bar' and later as a moderator, host of the weekly trivia, and fiction writer for Critical Hit, the game's official newsletter.

I'd never before, and never since, encountered a community quite like MPBTs, and I'm eagerly anticipating finding out what this game has to offer. It might just be what we've been waiting for.

#50 CobraFive

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,174 posts
  • LocationAZ, USA

Posted 31 October 2011 - 10:11 PM

I missed BT3025, but I was around for MPBT:Solaris. Man, now that's memories.

#51 Frantic Pryde

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Commander
  • 714 posts
  • LocationMiami, FL

Posted 31 October 2011 - 10:28 PM

Most fun I ever had with a video game. SN was JFg_FranticPryde

#52 OpisWahn

• Pip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 01 November 2011 - 12:20 AM

AOL MPBT. Those where the times...

Anyone around from Clan JadeFalcon at the time?? (around 1996 i think... :) )

ME? I was Khan Obi Wan Malthus, founder of the Clan Jade Falcon on Solaris!

Edited by OpisWahn, 01 November 2011 - 12:27 AM.

#53 Tilon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 210 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 12:40 AM

It's been a long time. I believe I was Raz, House Davion.

MPBT 3025 introduced me to Battletech. It's been a great 10 years since. Hopefully this game can do the same for a new generation.

#54 Starkiller

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 271 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 12:50 AM

First time I saw the game was on Genie and watched my friends Boa and Hagen play, Generals in Davion. Got my own rig and started playing freempbtonline which ended up being Solaris open beta and the servers stayed up and I laughed at the AOL guys paying to play while I played free on the same servers. Got more serious about it in about 1997 and was in the 5th Battalion of the Kell Hounds under Phelan Kell and he moved us to Com Guard under Blake. Took time off and came back in 1998 and ended up becoming CG XO after we outsted the traitor Vegetta Varnay. Stayed there until it just didn't make sense with Blake not playing anymore and went on to MW4 and joining DoC. With 3025 on the horizon Mad Khan asked me to start the 5th and final DoC Regiment the Black Hearts which would basically become the application guild for DoC membership. Stayed wtih DoC until after we went back to MW4 and I took over Marian Hegemony in War!Online, had some medical issues and split from DoC upon my return. I have run Black Hearts solo ever since and even took over House Kurita after being asked by Cogburn to do so and we were wildly successful there at W!O, P2K and Empire league until we moved on to MMOs namely Lineage][. Had great runs in every major MMO released since then (fantasy) with some ups and downs but we have always prayed for a new MW5 or MPBT style game to sink into, MW4 was just too old by the time it all became free and the Crysis mod took too long to be ready.

Looking forward to crushing you other Houses again as we did in MPBT:3025, get ready cause the Black Hearts are still together and ready to resume domination.

Hpt. Gen. Starkiller
Black Hearts Regimental CO
House Steiner

#55 metro

• 2,491 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSians Celestial City- http://capellanconfederation.com/

Posted 01 November 2011 - 01:33 AM

Hello everyone.

Yep, Played Genie online at $3-$5 an hour, then on the MPBT3025 , kesmai gamestorm aol, before EA screwed us all over. I for one am happy that they have nothing to do with this project.

Great to see a lot of familiar names coming back online!

Sad to know we have lost alot of bothers and sisters in the last 10 years who will miss getting to play when this goes live.

Great to see you all!

Thanks to PGI and IGP !

#56 metro

• 2,491 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 01:35 AM

View PostStarkiller, on 01 November 2011 - 12:50 AM, said:

First time I saw the game was on Genie and watched my friends Boa and Hagen play, Generals in Davion. Got my own rig and started playing freempbtonline which ended up being Solaris open beta and the servers stayed up and I laughed at the AOL guys paying to play while I played free on the same servers. Got more serious about it in about 1997 and was in the 5th Battalion of the Kell Hounds under Phelan Kell and he moved us to Com Guard under Blake. Took time off and came back in 1998 and ended up becoming CG XO after we outsted the traitor Vegetta Varnay. Stayed there until it just didn't make sense with Blake not playing anymore and went on to MW4 and joining DoC. With 3025 on the horizon Mad Khan asked me to start the 5th and final DoC Regiment the Black Hearts which would basically become the application guild for DoC membership. Stayed wtih DoC until after we went back to MW4 and I took over Marian Hegemony in War!Online, had some medical issues and split from DoC upon my return. I have run Black Hearts solo ever since and even took over House Kurita after being asked by Cogburn to do so and we were wildly successful there at W!O, P2K and Empire league until we moved on to MMOs namely Lineage][. Had great runs in every major MMO released since then (fantasy) with some ups and downs but we have always prayed for a new MW5 or MPBT style game to sink into, MW4 was just too old by the time it all became free and the Crysis mod took too long to be ready.

Looking forward to crushing you other Houses again as we did in MPBT:3025, get ready cause the Black Hearts are still together and ready to resume domination.

Hpt. Gen. Starkiller
Black Hearts Regimental CO
House Steiner

Hail House Steiner!

I remember you guys from MPBT3025 ...WOOT what fun!

#57 Thorn Hallis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,902 posts
  • LocationUnited States of Paranoia

Posted 01 November 2011 - 01:39 AM

It's still on my harddrive.

#58 Red Dox

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 169 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 01 November 2011 - 03:00 AM

Red_Dox, fighting for house Liao that long time ago. And ****, it was one of the best MMO experiences in my life. The joy if you conquer enemy territory and the awful feeling if your house get pushed back to your last safe region. The good teamwork with fellow pilots in special squads, the excitement if your outclassed light squad downs a heavy mech...
I miss MPBT everytime the topic comes up and I will never forgive EA for canceling the project. I really hope MWO will take all the good things from MPBT, like the changing inner sphere map, and give us back the old glorious mech battles.

-----Red Dox

#59 metro

• 2,491 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 03:03 AM

View Postred dox, on 01 November 2011 - 03:00 AM, said:

Red_Dox, fighting for house Liao that long time ago. And ****, it was one of the best MMO experiences in my life. The joy if you conquer enemy territory and the awful feeling if your house get pushed back to your last safe region. The good teamwork with fellow pilots in special squads, the excitement if your outclassed light squad downs a heavy mech...
I miss MPBT everytime the topic comes up and I will never forgive EA for canceling the project. I really hope MWO will take all the good things from MPBT, like the changing inner sphere map, and give us back the old glorious mech battles.

-----Red Dox

Good to see you RED !

#60 metro

• 2,491 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 03:05 AM

View Posttwinkletoes, on 31 October 2011 - 07:58 PM, said:

Here is a blast from the past:

Anybody else remember that music? :)

Great memories! Loved the Javelin, Trebuchet, Blackjack, CAT, Jenner, well ****, loved em all !

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users