You must look WORLD OF TANKS! you well see perfect model of gameplay for MWonline

87 replies to this topic

#1 Ewig

Rookie

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 8 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 04:35 AM

You must look WORLD OF TANKS! you well see perfect model of gameplay for MWonline

sorry, I'm not very good writing in English

but I love the MW universe and is my duty to show you a successful project in a similar field.

http://worldoftanks.ru/game/

#2 metro

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,491 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSians Celestial City- http://capellanconfederation.com/

Posted 24 February 2012 - 04:42 AM

moving to "OFFTOPIC"

#3 Graefin Zeppelin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 1,155 posts
  • LocationHunting pirates at Sisyphus's Lament

Posted 24 February 2012 - 04:52 AM

No but thank you.

#4 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 24 February 2012 - 05:14 AM

First of all, manners, welcome Ewig. :ph34r:

As for the suggestion, we have discussed this in many threads over the past months and we came into conclusion, that we can not work like it. Of course, there are some things we will adapt, but we are mostly different.

Just to assure you of it, one of the things we discussed and got an answer from devs was getting mechs. In WoT, you have to gring for eternity to get to a decent tank you like. Here, you choose a class instead, so no grinding in a way: "I want to play a good outflanking medium. I will just grind all the light tanks, 5 crappy mediums, a heavy over there and I am done.", but instead : "I like Atlas. OK, just get enough exp in this Mauler and I have it, yay!". ;)

#5 chipeloi

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 7 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 05:19 AM

Hes right
Its hard getting advanced units you realy need to work for them, so when you get them its all the more rewarding, also this alows people to get use to there tanks because playing a heavy is nothing like a light or even medium.
Most of the things you can buy with money are only slightly better then the normal stuf (the Type-59 not included)
If you buy the premium then you get double exp and money, sounds a bit mutch, its not, making a 1000 exp a battle and the total cost of upgrading your tank and then getting the next one up runs in the 100.000's at the mediums and gos up, up ,up
I'm having a hell of a lot of fun running around with a "light" tank and when i want a change of pace i'll go to my mediums or heavys and the other way around.
They are making a profit, and keeping there players happy and people comming back for more.

So yes they do need to look on how W.O.T's works especialy how they keep there Paying costumers happy.
You give people things like heavy's to soon and it will reck the game, running around in an heavy realy means you are a veteran (and i don't mean the bought heavy tanks)

Just my 2 cents , saying no to something so similar to Mechwarrior Online would be foolish, learn from them and put the best idea's to use.

#6 Adridos

• Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 05:31 AM

Mechs do not work that way chipeloi. ;)

The most skilled people drive high-tech lights and heavies.

Skill order (according to the universe) is: cheap lights (Urbies, Commandos, etc.) -> mediums (the normal warriors) -> assaults (commanders for protection and high ranked politicians which go into battle for the propaganda, not to fight) -> heavies (the real mechwarriors pilot these - not to be mistaken with heavy tanks, that is completely something different) / high tech lights (piloted by the biggest aces - access to stealth,... commandoes for short). :ph34r:

Also, unlike WoT, if I am in a Jenner and I fight against Mad Cat, Atlas, or some other beast, I can win. Just a bit of skill and they are helpless against me. It is not like in WoT, where bigger tier = owning everyone. -_-

#7 Brakkyn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 05:45 AM

No offense to the OP, but this thread should be locked. This very same topic has been brought up, died, and been resurrected half a dozen times already.

#8 Mechteric

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 7,308 posts
  • LocationRTP, NC

Posted 24 February 2012 - 07:11 AM

The only problem I have with WoT is the purchase of Gold Ammo. This doesn't belong in Mechwarrior and I think the devs know this so I'm not too worried.

#9 Bloody Moon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 978 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 07:42 AM

I am amused, really. The business model WoT follows is among the worst i've seen and is only slightly better than some of the facebook "games". And yet here we are, a player actually suggesting it, as the first comment from his account.

Posted Image

#10 Chuckie

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,738 posts
  • LocationHell if I don't change my ways

Posted 24 February 2012 - 08:03 AM

I don't think he is suggesting the business model (I Hope not anyway). Although WoT Is making money hand over fist.. so while you make not like it PGI and IGP would love for thier model to make as much money or more.

That said, I do find WoT fun to play, and what the Devs have described in regards to Mech and Pilot trees.. WoT would seem to be close.

I have already mentioned to people it wouldn't be a bad idea for people to play WoT to get an idea of what MW:O will be like. As I see Pilot Trees being very similar to spell caster trees in WoW, and Mech trees being similar to WoT Tank trees..

Obviously with PGIs spin on it and some improvement in both areas. Because as much as they may be like WoW and WoT, I am sure the guys at PGI will make sure MW:O is different and better than both.

View PostBrakkyn, on 24 February 2012 - 05:45 AM, said:

No offense to the OP, but this thread should be locked. This very same topic has been brought up, died, and been resurrected half a dozen times already.

Or at least merged with http://mwomercs.com/...__fromsearch__1

Edited by Chuckie, 24 February 2012 - 08:05 AM.

#11 Garth Erlam

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,756 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • YouTube: Link
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 24 February 2012 - 08:59 AM

I think the quote "there are parts that are similar to World of Tanks" fits. Keep in mind there's no 'tiered' 'Mech system, so that kind of ruins the comparison right there.

#12 Adridos

• Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 09:04 AM

Newcommers, Garth. Still, they'll understand one day. ;)

#13 Hartsblade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • 772 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 09:06 AM

View PostGarth Erlam, on 24 February 2012 - 08:59 AM, said:

I think the quote "there are parts that are similar to World of Tanks" fits. Keep in mind there's no 'tiered' 'Mech system, so that kind of ruins the comparison right there.

...and thank God for that! ;)

Edited by Hartsblade, 24 February 2012 - 09:07 AM.

#14 TheRulesLawyer

• 1,415 posts
  • LocationChicagoland

Posted 24 February 2012 - 09:07 AM

There are some real obvious similarities, but WoT is a terrible example to follow. Fortunately the nature of the battletech universe will solve the major non business model related issue- Armor penetration.

#15 Chuckie

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,738 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 09:09 AM

View PostGarth Erlam, on 24 February 2012 - 08:59 AM, said:

I was thinking the an individual Tank Tree resembles a lot of what I think MW:O will have for the Mech tree.. down to "Customizable" options..

I.E. an Awesome

YOU can spend XP to

Research That New 320 Hermes XL Fusion Reactor
Research Double Heat Sinks
Research SRMs
Research ER PPCs

etc.. and then you would have the option to buy the tech and mount it on the Awesome..

This keeps customization in a easy to handle yet also balanced way that doesn't have a "mech Lab' per se..

Also all options would be Canon options per mech.. so no crazy load outs.. that upset balance.

Edited by Chuckie, 24 February 2012 - 09:10 AM.

#16 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 24 February 2012 - 09:10 AM

Maybe the OP just wants MWO to be popular and financially viable (?)... and hasn't deeply analyzed the myriad different ways to make a F2P game more even and level across the player-base...

#17 Bluey

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 948 posts
  • LocationAnatolia

Posted 24 February 2012 - 09:55 AM

View PostEwig, on 24 February 2012 - 04:35 AM, said:

sorry, I'm not very good writing in English

but I love the MW universe and is my duty to show you a successful project in a similar field.

http://worldoftanks.ru/game/

Allow me to dissapprove your view
Its a game who pays most wins most

#18 Paul Inouye

Lead Designer

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,815 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 24 February 2012 - 10:24 AM

And now introducing BattleMech Tier 1's!

#19 Stahlseele

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 775 posts
  • LocationHamburg, Germany

Posted 24 February 2012 - 10:31 AM

Clue 15t mechs.

#20 Chuckie

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,738 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 10:56 AM

View PostBluey, on 24 February 2012 - 09:55 AM, said:

Allow me to dissapprove your view
Its a game who pays most wins most

I keep hearing this.. but in a months worth of playing.. that has not been my experience.. (and I have spent over $100 on the game.. which works out to about $1-2 a hour).

Just because someone bought a Lowe, doesn't mean they will now be able to beat up on Tier 2 and 3 tanks.. If anything some of the premium tanks I find worse that the ones you grind for. Of course the bonus is you don't have to grind for Premium tanks.

If anything.. I have killed more Lowes in my tier 2 scout tanks than they have killed me.. (OK Not quite true it was the Arty I was spotting for that "Technically" got the Lowes).. Even then I can only get into those kinds of batles if I platoon. If I am in a random battle my Tier 2 and tier 3 scouts will never see a Tier 6 or higher tank..

Now once you have played for months and get to tier 9 and tier 10 and are playing clan wars that maybe true. I can't speak of that part of the game.

But for the casual player.. money only speeds you up doesn't make you any better than other players. Because if it did.. let me tell you I would rule every game I played.. instead I average about 52% win ratio with a 30% survive one.. ( the life of a scout ain't pretty ;) and arty aint much better )

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users