Old vets sound off

810 replies to this topic

#301 Gooner

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 138 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 09:24 AM

I'll be 29 by the time MWO is ready to play. Judging by other posts in this thread I guess I could be considered a semi-veteran ... played each of Mechwarrior 3/4 and Mechcommander 1/2 several times, but I've never played the boardgame or read any books.

#302 Aokarasu

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 57 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 21 June 2012 - 09:30 AM

Just turned 43 earlier this month, and been playing since 1988 (table-top), before the Clans were even introduced.

#303 Lord Memnoch

Rookie

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3 posts
  • LocationKingston, On, CA.

Posted 21 June 2012 - 09:39 AM

I am 37 from Canada ... dont feel so old now that i see all the other posts ... played original Mechwarrior on a old PC w/ monocrome monitor ... and every PC title since then

#304 13lackRain

• PipPip
  • 47 posts
  • LocationOlympia, WA, USA

Posted 21 June 2012 - 09:41 AM

View PostKensaisama, on 26 February 2012 - 10:54 AM, said:

Interested in seeing how many grizzled old battletech/mechwarrior veterans are out there like me. I will be 46 this year and have been playing/gaming for 33 years now, I remember when battletech first came out when I was a senior in high school (1984), played the first battletech computer game crescent hawks inception and every battletech/mechwarrior game ever since. So........... who's gonna own up to being an old gamer like me :-)

Yours in blood and honor
Kensai the wandering warrior

I'm right there with you. 43 this year... been playing since the first MechWarrior release came out on PC. Still have all my old original installation disks from the various releases.

Was House Davion back then... am till the day I die.

I've been anxious to get back into a mech since they first announced the upcoming release.

#305 Crazygun Yagi

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 10:04 AM

Haha, thanks for many of you making me feel younger!
Almost 40 here, I discovered BattleTech from "Crescent Hawks Inception" back in the late 80's and got into the table-top game shortly thereafter... just before the arrival of the Clans. In my 90's heyday I used to run crazy 15+ player BattleTech convention games that were a riot to do. Good times!

#306 Deathwalker

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 54 posts
  • LocationWausau,WI

Posted 21 June 2012 - 10:23 AM

Mark it a 40 for me kiddies. Been playing since they changed the original box art on the table top (the warhammer on the black background was WAY cool) and i have the Cresent Hawk's Inception disks for the old commadore 64 still laying around some where :) I have played every computer game since then and still going strong. With the death of Multiplayer BattleTech 3025 some 10+ years ago I think we all have been waiting for this one!

#307 CoyoteCamouflage

Rookie

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 10:42 PM

My intro to Battletech came from, hmm, what was it? Crescent Hawk's Revenge? Something of that nature: I still have the mech recognition chart poster that came with it all those years ago. Prowled around MPBT 3025 for most of it's Beta lifespan before the plug got pulled ('Phantom', for any MPBT vets)

Then I got into the actual MW games, the tabletop, and the lore. Been into it ever since, and I'm still in my mid 20's.

Never got into Megamek, but I take it upon myself to play a few games whenever I hit up conventions: I <3 my Hollander, or my Black Lanner when it's time for Clan games.

#308 Nyvann

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 11:00 AM

Used to play MW2 on MPLAYER, GuiltyGod with Taurian Concordat + Iron Reign.

#309 Snipah

• PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • LocationAbove your head!

Posted 22 June 2012 - 11:07 AM

47, have all MW games and have been upgrading my PC each year it seems :-D
Nice to see I will be playing amongst others of my vintage heheheh

"Death From Above"

Snipah

#310 Fireblind

• Pip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationOntario Canada

Posted 22 June 2012 - 11:09 AM

Well lets just say my grandchildren will watch me play this game. The best excuse senility LOL

When the games stop so will I

#311 Ranph Easan

• Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationThe Edge of Hell

Posted 22 June 2012 - 06:27 PM

It would seem that I am in the company of some good players and people all around. Its nice to know I am not the oldest, or that I am the youngest, and that there are a handful my age. This weekend I turn 43. It was 1978/79 that I was introduced to my very first TT game, Chainmail! Over the years that followed I collected and played many many PnP/TT games and its been great! I like many of you also served in the military, US Army '87-'00. In my life time I have also played many many PC games, heck my first PC was the size of a suit case that opened on top and had a floppy slot and monitor, the top was the keyboard. Well as time went on PC's got better, then came BattleTech and MechWarrior. Crimson to this day is still my fav of all the titles on PC, and BattleTech of all the TT games I played. And so I just want to say thank you all for this game! I confess I have been a lurker here and at other sites for a while now, waiting for a game just like this. So again thank you all, from the youngest to the oldest, from the lurkers to the development team, THANK YOU! I look forward to seeing all of you in battle one day soon, as well as reading you thoughts ideas and suggestions for this game. Good Hunting!

Edited by Ranph Easan, 22 June 2012 - 06:36 PM.

#312 Beo Vulf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 739 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationHalsey, NE

Posted 23 June 2012 - 01:54 PM

15 years ago I gave my nephews the gift of mechwarrior by giving them my mechwarriors games. Some of them will will be joining us in this new frontier. Old Warriors have diciples so that their legecy will be carried on to the next generation. Be a mentor to the new generation.

#313 Lupine

• PipPip
  • 33 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 23 June 2012 - 01:57 PM

Heh have all but the MW2s sitting on my desk right now I have been replaying to prepare. Currently playing Mechcommander Gold. I originally started with Crescent Hawks Inception and I am 33.

#314 ColoKid

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 21 posts
  • LocationHigh Mountains of Colorado

Posted 30 June 2012 - 03:01 PM

<S> Everyone

I am 59 yrs old, Played on AOL Solaris with the <NOVAS>LT ColoKid under a commander named "Pappy" for a few then found LineOne MPBT Solaris and the DRAAGUN have been with that group nearly 15 years, Was even staff on both AOL and Gamestorm, have played every Mech type game since. Have been playing a bit of WoT of late waiting for this game to come to life.

Last rank held on a mod for MW4/Mercs was Marshal of the Armies *B* ColoKid *SF* "XO of Davion"
There is a roster on my web site for that time. Http://www.colokid.com

great to see so many old faces

May your guns run cool
and your aim be true
but FOREVER REMEMBER
DRAAGUN's ALWAYS RULES

#315 WarLiege

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 98 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 30 June 2012 - 03:26 PM

View PostKensaisama, on 26 February 2012 - 10:54 AM, said:

Interested in seeing how many grizzled old battletech/mechwarrior veterans are out there like me. I will be 46 this year and have been playing/gaming for 33 years now, I remember when battletech first came out when I was a senior in high school (1984), played the first battletech computer game crescent hawks inception and every battletech/mechwarrior game ever since. So........... who's gonna own up to being an old gamer like me :-)

Yours in blood and honor
Kensai the wandering warrior

Awesome.. 42yrs old here.. I began with the same battletech franchise here on the commodore amiga..i believe was 1986 the version i played..top down, turn based style, on an all white honeycomb map backdrop? Sort of like a battlechess match only you would watch the "Sillouettes"lol, of your mechs move and battle instead. Yes graphics werent to heavy, but still found myself locked into few late night sessions with that game.Glad the graphics started getting ramped up for the mech games with the later releases of mechwarrior games in 90's...Mechwarrior Mercs probably was my favorite..jumping back and forth between that and Rainbow 6 on gamezone when it still was around at the time.

#316 Kanus Stalker

• Pip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationArlington, TX.

Posted 30 June 2012 - 05:00 PM

Although you have me beat by a few years I sitll have been playing battletech n its various forms since 1991 I am 38 yo I have been playing video games since Pong. I also have played evry Battletech/Mechwarrior game I could get my hands on as well as meeting up at the local Comic store to play the tabletop version evry sunday and the last weekend of every,month even now. I am proud to be an old gamer and proud to love Battletech.

#317 cheese

• Pip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationNaples FL

Posted 30 June 2012 - 06:02 PM

I'm 41. I first bought the tabletop game in the summer of 1988 and played with the cardstock minis. Never played the old PC games, but I did play the various console versions and had the good fortune to play the VR game at Chicago's old BattleTech Center back in the late 1990's.

#318 WildBill TRiAD

• PipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • 21 posts
  • LocationApollo Beach, Florida

Posted 30 June 2012 - 06:18 PM

Started MPBT on AOL in 1995. Met up with a group of players Ive been playing online games ever since.

Cpt. WildBill ~TRiAD~

#319 Dartanuin

Rookie

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 30 June 2012 - 08:03 PM

Been playing since LAM's were legal :lol: I miss my ole Phoenix Hawk LAM

#320 Razor87FIS

• Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationUSA

Posted 01 July 2012 - 09:16 AM

PC MechWarrior player. Started with MW2 and stopped at MW4 and happy to see MWO. Looking to teach the young a trick or two.

Best Regards,

Raz
"Loyalty and interest in MWO runs thru the individual members to MWO, not thru the MWO to the individual members."

P.S. on a lighter note, for those of you who enjoy mechs:

Edited by Razor87FIS, 01 July 2012 - 09:25 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users