Old vets sound off

810 replies to this topic

#321 Am Frunze

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 11:05 AM

49 here. Played both paper and computer MW games. Played on Genie, and when it ported over to Kesmai. Lots of old friends and others who have gone west. Miss them all. Looking forward to this new incarnation of the game.

A.M. Frunze
KD

#322 PharmEcis

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 148 posts
  • LocationSilver Spring, MD

Posted 01 July 2012 - 01:12 PM

I'm 35 and have been playing the TT since '87. BT is by far my favorite universe ever. It's a pity what has happened to the universe due to the multiple sales of the franchise. Everything after FASA pretty much sucked.

There will only ever be one clan to rule them all. Clan Black Sheep. May Goldschlager fill your cups and may your women put!

Formely Star Colonel SniperL7 Bluntz of CBS of MW2 fame. The days of ipx over tcpip..

#323 Allen B Caldwell

• PipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 75 posts
  • LocationVancouver, WA

Posted 01 July 2012 - 01:23 PM

52 Played TT and CHIC up to MW3 life did not allow it after that but still have just short of 2 BAT's of Mini's and books all the way to 3055 Tech readouts. Yep old fart here... Cheers looking foward to dusting off the Joystick..

#324 Fearful

• PipPipPip
  • 63 posts
  • LocationXanadu

Posted 01 July 2012 - 01:36 PM

39. Been playing since '86. And, I was feeling old till I found this thread. /salute the over 45+ geezers

#325 Rayspace

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 191 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 02 July 2012 - 10:41 AM

30 Years of Battletech. Its been a long wait for this game!

View PostFearful, on 01 July 2012 - 01:36 PM, said:

39. Been playing since '86. And, I was feeling old till I found this thread. /salute the over 45+ geezers

Geezers eh? step on out in the street punk! :)

#326 Vortemeer

• Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 03:11 PM

I'm only 27, but I've been in love with the franchise since I first sat in the cockpit of a mech in Mechwarrior 2 back in '95.

#327 TheHeater

• PipPipPip
  • 67 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco, CA

Posted 02 July 2012 - 03:18 PM

26 here. Soon we're going to be playing alongside people born in the 10s. Ugh.

Edited by TheHeater, 02 July 2012 - 03:19 PM.

#328 Red Storm

Rookie

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 05:53 AM

45 here. I have been playing since Battledroids in the early 80's and I have played every computer game since, including Mechforce on an Amiga and Titans Of Steel.

I played way to many hours on MPBT:EGA where was known as Lt.Gen Reaper*GK*. Ghostrider was the house leader back then and we used to try and find all the little tricks, like putting tape on your monitor to mark where you could actually hit with an alpha strike with a marauder and if you got yours off first, you would crit the other marauders AC10 and take it out. We also loved that you could lose a leg on the Rifleman and still be able to use the AC's and LL's in the arms by using the look down view.

I'm can hardly wait for access to this game...

#329 Foresale

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 127 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 05:59 AM

21 here, started playing MW3 single player when it came out, got hooked, and started spending my pocket money on the books and have since played/read everything I can get my hands on!

#330 Kasak

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 20 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 10 July 2012 - 06:01 AM

39 going on 40... OMG! Im turning 40 next fricking year :unsure: And I still get giggly like a 6year old on x-mas when I get a new game....
Been playing Battletech since the 80's something, mustve been 86 or so that I got my hands on the first tabletop box during a big roleplaying/tabletop convention in sweden, played the first 2 computer games as well as all Mechwarrior-Mech commander games. I love all of them, bigass metal things controlled by humans is a thing I enjoy too much B)

#331 Jaime Elam

• Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationBeaverton, Oregon, USA

Posted 10 July 2012 - 06:08 AM

Well I'm 42yrs young, and loving life. Started with D&D, which was fun, but then I found Battletech tt, much better than elves and gnomes,and the love affair began!!!!! I've played all the different versions on the pc. still play tt when i can, and love to role play a mechwarrior when I can. My fave is when i get to role play a mechwarrior and use the tt rules and mini's, have had some epic battles that way. Played in various leagues in Mw3 and 4, and am excitedly waiting for this one to come out. I'm even building a rig just for it!!

Salute [S] to all of you!

#332 Celldoor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 06:14 AM

still young here. started with son when he was 3, lol he is 23 now... 56 yrs young

#333 no1madcow

• PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 06:51 AM

I'm 52, my first experience with the game was with Mechwarrior Vengeance and I still play MW Mercenaries today thanks to MekTek keeping it alive. There was a couple of years where i didn't play but for the most i have been playing regularly under several different names for many years.

It took me at least a dozen joysticks before I learned to control my frustration when a certain pilot who will remain nameless would rock my fully armored Daishi into a pile of scrap without me ever getting off a shot. He was a master of chain firing LRM20's from the cockpit of a well designed Vulture. He would position himself behind cover so the only thing exposed to me was his cockpit but the missile impacts kept me from getting the reticle on such a small target(he was good). This wouldn't have bothered me so much if it weren't happening in my own FFP Vengeance servers. On any map where I couldn't immediately get to cover this little pee ant would own my fat but and as a result I guess I was a little rough on my joysticks :rolleyes: .

Wonder if any of you can guess who this Vulture pilot was because I'm sure I'm not the only pilot to fall prey to him, though I do think I was his favorite target :D

any ways it has always been fun and I can't wait to play Mechwarrior- Online

sorry for rambling, it's the old age :)

no1madcow
The suppliers of Bovine Lactate thank you

Edited by no1madcow, 10 July 2012 - 06:53 AM.

#334 Xantha

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 301 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 10 July 2012 - 06:53 AM

View PostKay Wolf, on 28 February 2012 - 07:28 AM, said:

Wow, I'm only 40... I thought I was one of the old guys on this forum. Glad to see I'm in good company.

View PostKay Wolf, on 28 February 2012 - 07:28 AM, said:

Wow, I'm only 40... I thought I was one of the old guys on this forum. Glad to see I'm in good company.

Same boat for me. Glad to see I'm actually a youngster! :)

#335 Spyder Chiken

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 22 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationMaurice Louisiana

Posted 10 July 2012 - 07:02 AM

I'm 28 and been playing mech since MW2 first came out it was a birthday gift a couple of months after we got our first computer. 32 MB of ram and a 1.6GB hard drive that I was told I would never be able to fill up. It also had hyper-threading.

Now, I have 2 kids that both play mech in some form or another, they are only 4 and 6. I can only hope they get as much enjoyment out of this franchise as I have.

#336 no1madcow

• PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 07:09 AM

View PostHarusee, on 02 July 2012 - 10:41 AM, said:

30 Years of Battletech. Its been a long wait for this game!

Geezers eh? step on out in the street punk! :)

I got your back Harusee, hows about we start an old Geezers clan, we can help to Educate the young whipper snappers on how to pilot a mech without training wheels. :D . We would have to require all members show there AARP cards to join...lol

no1madcow
The suppliers of Bovine Lactate thank you

#337 hashiman

• Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Locationcalifornia

Posted 10 July 2012 - 07:42 AM

well i ve been playin simce mech 3 and then found a copy of mech 2 mercs loved it never did any table top but im 46 now and have loved the game since i first played it

#338 Gimli

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 12:52 PM

View PostWildBill TRiAD, on 30 June 2012 - 06:18 PM, said:

Started MPBT on AOL in 1995. Met up with a group of players Ive been playing online games ever since.

Cpt. WildBill ~TRiAD~

Nice to see the TRiAD name alive and kickin!

- Gimli <TRiAD>

28 years of BT. MPBT:Solaris pre-AOL (heck, since when there was only one room in any given square!)

Edited by Gimli, 11 July 2012 - 12:54 PM.

#339 Rammy

• Pip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationMeditating in a Monastery / trying to learn to Ghost Mech!

Posted 12 July 2012 - 08:33 AM

32 Here not grizzled but possibly a veteran been playing since 96 when Mechcommander was released, never played the tabletop game but played all the MW games since then. My neighbour told be about the novels and i got my Davion love from reading those, currently revisiting the warrior trilogy and MW4 mercs to keep the mechlust under control until aug 7th!

#340 Kensaisama

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 430 posts
  • LocationRedford, Michigan

Posted 12 July 2012 - 08:50 AM

Definetly lots of older gamers here :D Lets hope ettiquette and respect reign supreme in this game like the old days.

Kensai the wandering warrior

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users