Persistant purchases in cash shop

39 replies to this topic

#21 Michael Rosario

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 69 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII... isn't everyone?

Posted 06 March 2012 - 11:31 PM

View Post[EDMW]CSN, on 06 March 2012 - 11:04 PM, said:

So a commando will cost like $3 ??

Nah, more like a commando will cost ~3,000,000 c-bills, and if for some reason you can't seem to get that many in-game, then yes, you can shell out the 2-3 bucks for a light mech.
On the flip side, you'll have to shell out 12-18 bucks for an assault mech.
Wanna buy 400 small lasers and create a few laser-boats? You can either play the game long enough to have the spare cash to buy them all, along with the mechs to put them in, or you can plunk down your cash.

The way I'm wishing the cash shop to work is for the cash shop to sell the same currency you get in-game. You can either play the game, or, if you're that impatient, shell out the money for the c-bills that you'd eventually be able to get anyway. And then make all purchases of any importance done through c-bills.

#22 Carebear

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 05:36 AM

Renting is normal I would be surprised if we dont see any here. I just hope they dont get greedy, sure if I like the game Im willing to pay the normal game price but thats. STO is game where players have spent thousands, life time sub was 300 if I remember correctly.

Edited by Carebear, 07 March 2012 - 05:38 AM.

#23 MaddMaxx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,911 posts
  • LocationNova Scotia, Canada

Posted 07 March 2012 - 07:57 AM

Rent? Rent what exactly? Ammo, Paint Schemes? How would they ever convince a MW pilot that renting something, that may not get used due to whatever RL **** might happen, unexpectedly, to be a good thing? Can I be guaranteed I will get a FULL REFUND of anything I Rent, if said Rented stuff goes unused?

Just because other games do it, and seeming get away with it, just seems to reinforce how stupid silly some gamers really are. That or have Mom or Pops CC within easy reach.

Rent! Someone is pulling our leg(s) right? :)

Edited by MaddMaxx, 07 March 2012 - 07:59 AM.

#24 SI The Joker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 728 posts
  • LocationBehind you!

Posted 07 March 2012 - 08:38 AM

Joker: "So uhh... I'm here to return the ammo I leased... who do I talk to about that?"

Attendant: "That would be me, sir."

Joker: "Well, here's the thing about that... see the agreement I signed was for 4,000 rounds of ammo... and well, I used 4,432 rounds of ammo..."

Attendant: "Well, sir, you've clearly gone over the agreed upon usage in the 30 day period, so we're going to need to charge you an additional 50 c-bills per round. So that will be 21,600 c-bills, in addition to the 15,000 c-bills you spent originally. Will that be cash, or charge?"

Joker: "Ohhhhhhhh Noooooooooooooooooo." *Facepalm*

Scenario plausability: NaN

#25 MaddMaxx

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,911 posts
  • LocationNova Scotia, Canada

Posted 07 March 2012 - 09:09 AM

How about this then:

Mech Jock: "So uhh... I'm here to return the Ammo I rented... Who do I talk to about that?"

Attendant: "HAHAHAHAHAHA! "Holy *****! Maxx! Get over here! Buddy wants to RETURN some Rented ammo!" HAHAHAHAHHAHA! R'sOFLHAO

Scenario plausibility: LoTs :)

#26 TheRulesLawyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,415 posts
  • LocationChicagoland

Posted 07 March 2012 - 09:38 AM

View PostMaddMaxx, on 07 March 2012 - 09:09 AM, said:

How about this then:

Mech Jock: "So uhh... I'm here to return the Ammo I rented... Who do I talk to about that?"

Attendant: "HAHAHAHAHAHA! "Holy *****! Maxx! Get over here! Buddy wants to RETURN some Rented ammo!" HAHAHAHAHHAHA! R'sOFLHAO

Scenario plausibility: LoTs :)

I'd return rented ammo from the muzzle end of the gun.

#27 Paul Inouye

Lead Designer

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,815 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 07 March 2012 - 09:52 AM

Garth asked me to stop by here to calm the nerves of some of you.

Rental items have their place in F2P but must be chosen very carefully. We are currently only entertaining 2 "rental" items and those are XP boosters and CBill boosters. All other non-consumable items will be persistent. By non-consumable I pretty much mean ammunition will be the only CBill cost that you will eventually run out of and have to purchase more.

#28 TheRulesLawyer

• 1,415 posts
  • LocationChicagoland

Posted 07 March 2012 - 10:03 AM

View PostPaul Inouye, on 07 March 2012 - 09:52 AM, said:

Rental items have their place in F2P but must be chosen very carefully. We are currently only entertaining 2 "rental" items and those are XP boosters and CBill boosters. All other non-consumable items will be persistent. By non-consumable I pretty much mean ammunition will be the only CBill cost that you will eventually run out of and have to purchase more.

Sweet. I hope you make the boosts available for a specific number of games rather than just hours or days. I always liked those a whole lot more in other games as my play schedule can be a little irregular and I can still get the bulk discount.

#29 FinnMcKool

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,600 posts
  • Locationunknown

Posted 07 March 2012 - 10:33 AM

Can I rent a planet with Dinosaurs ?

#30 SI The Joker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 728 posts
  • LocationBehind you!

Posted 07 March 2012 - 10:39 AM

View PostPaul Inouye, on 07 March 2012 - 09:52 AM, said:

Great news for sure!

#31 Mechteric

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 7,308 posts
  • LocationRTP, NC

Posted 07 March 2012 - 12:00 PM

Need a booster to make my Yen-Lo-Wang bigger... I mean last longer... I mean... FIRE IN THE HOLE!

#32 Celros

• PipPip
  • The Tyrant
  • The Tyrant
  • 47 posts
  • LocationFin

Posted 07 March 2012 - 12:21 PM

Im pretty sure its gonna be like in League of legends. But will there be a special mechs etc, thats a good question. But if there will be, Im pretty sure system like in lol works too here.

#33 Boymonkey

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 772 posts
  • LocationUK Yorkshire (from Manchester)

Posted 07 March 2012 - 05:37 PM

I think they may go the APB route cos it seems like so many are doing the same thing.
For example if you want to paint your mech you must have premium, buy a mech I think thats going to cost you 20-50 bucks or you can rent them for 3-10 bucks, different weapons other than stock same thing.
At the end of the day it looks like this game has cost a lot of money to make so they are going to want to get it back plus more (like anyone would).
The way I see it I will spend at least 50 bucks on it seeing the game is free to download, then I will rent some mechs out and see which I like then buy 2-3 perm mechs and customize those.
APB (which I play) is not pay to win but to look good you need premium and when you buy a perm weapon it just saves you ingame cash in the long run.

#34 Arnold Carns

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 382 posts
  • LocationBielefeld, NRW, Germany

Posted 07 March 2012 - 07:00 PM

View PostBoymonkey, on 07 March 2012 - 05:37 PM, said:

I think they may go the APB route cos it seems like so many are doing the same thing.
For example if you want to paint your mech you must have premium, buy a mech I think thats going to cost you 20-50 bucks or you can rent them for 3-10 bucks, different weapons other than stock same thing.
At the end of the day it looks like this game has cost a lot of money to make so they are going to want to get it back plus more (like anyone would).
The way I see it I will spend at least 50 bucks on it seeing the game is free to download, then I will rent some mechs out and see which I like then buy 2-3 perm mechs and customize those.
APB (which I play) is not pay to win but to look good you need premium and when you buy a perm weapon it just saves you ingame cash in the long run.

And I think you didn't get yourself properly informed. 6 posts above yours a Dev already mentioned, what could be "rented".
Since you're new, I recommend to go here and pick up a ton of sweet and useful informations:

http://mwomercs.com/...-pretty-please/

Welcome aboard. :P

#35 KeifferTron3000

• Pip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationOregon, USA

Posted 07 March 2012 - 07:54 PM

will we be able to customize them like with paint jobs to make them unique?

#36 Paul Inouye

Lead Designer

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,815 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 07 March 2012 - 10:44 PM

View PostBoymonkey, on 07 March 2012 - 05:37 PM, said:

No.. no and no. Hate to say it but APB's model is something we definitely don't want to follow. We can't say what's going in our store but APB is something we want to avoid.

#37 FinnMcKool

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,600 posts
  • Locationunknown

Posted 07 March 2012 - 10:51 PM

I think it will be free to play , and anything you buy wont give you an advantage in game.

#38 Sarah Dalrymple

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 494 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSkye March, Hesperus II

Posted 07 March 2012 - 10:52 PM

I like the XP and C-Bill boosts. That seems reasonable for 'rentals' in a F2P game. In fact it rather reminds me of League of Legends. I've never paid for them, but I know they are there!

#39 TheRulesLawyer

• 1,415 posts
  • LocationChicagoland

Posted 08 March 2012 - 11:06 AM

View PostPaul Inouye, on 07 March 2012 - 10:44 PM, said:

No.. no and no. Hate to say it but APB's model is something we definitely don't want to follow. We can't say what's going in our store but APB is something we want to avoid.

Thank god for that. APB sounds like a terrible model.

#40 Orzorn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,327 posts
  • LocationComanche, Texas

Posted 08 March 2012 - 11:48 AM

*sigh*

Like I said, it basically follows League of Legend's model VERY closely. You could "rent" (in that they only last so long) IP boosters and XP boosters. Everything else you bought.

So far, and from what Paul said, MWO will be almost exactly the same.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users