So, how many female pilots are out there?

168 replies to this topic

#41 KhanRad

• PipPip
  • 41 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 11 March 2012 - 03:37 PM

View PostKatrina S2, on 11 March 2012 - 03:33 PM, said:

I registered just so I can post here :) I have been stalking this game for a little while...

It is kind of intimidating to speak up among MechWarrior veterans, but, I have to start somewhere. I am not versed at all in MechWarrior, I grew up on the PC version of Heavy Gear.

In anycase, here I am, counting down the days :rolleyes:

Considering that the last decent MW game came out a decade ago, I think most of the MWO gamers will be new to the BattleTech universe. It really is a very rich universe with many gaming possibilities.

#42 Morgana

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bold
  • The Bold
  • 647 posts
  • LocationCleaning 10-year old dust out of Cockpit!

Posted 11 March 2012 - 03:38 PM

Thank you for the offer Sesambrot, but it would get costly shipping overseas, especially considering the weight. Bloodshed gave me a good idea, I'll have to delve into it Wednesday, won't get a chance before then. Thank you both for your suggestions.

Posted Image to the MWO Forums Katrina. Glad you decided to join. By the sounds of your past gaming choice, I think you'll fit in nicely!

Edited by Morgana, 11 March 2012 - 03:42 PM.

#43 Sharlini

Rookie

• 3 posts

Add one more to the list. But honestly the community shouldn't really care what gender the players are. That's a bit immature considering these days plenty women play games.

#44 Stormwolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,951 posts
  • LocationCW Dire Wolf

View PostKatrina S2, on 11 March 2012 - 03:33 PM, said:

I registered just so I can post here :) I have been stalking this game for a little while...

It is kind of intimidating to speak up among MechWarrior veterans, but, I have to start somewhere. I am not versed at all in MechWarrior, I grew up on the PC version of Heavy Gear.

In anycase, here I am, counting down the days :rolleyes:

Welcome to the board, there's plenty of people around to answer any and all questions pertaining to the Battletech/Mechwarrior universe.

#45 Don

• PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 03:42 PM

...And heres our cliché, "I'm a girl thread".

#46 ENDMYSUFFERING

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 180 posts
  • LocationKentucky

Posted 11 March 2012 - 03:51 PM

View PostGremlich Johns, on 11 March 2012 - 12:14 PM, said:

Any of the women I have played against or on teams with, as I told Morgana offline, have been DECENT and relentless pilots.

Notice he didn't say "good". Let's be honest, at some point in time, you're going to lose an arm, if not more of your mech, to a female pilot. And afterwards your friends can laugh their rear-ends off at you because they didn't know she had three AC-20s in a Daishi. And you were the scout. The reason I don't scout.

#47 Joe Davion 86

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 269 posts
  • LocationCLT-NC

Posted 11 March 2012 - 04:02 PM

hey morgana im sure someone already said this but you can always just pull the harddrive out and stick it in a newer desktop.

Edit: resurrecting old PCs is a hobby of mine :-) but it doesnt pay the bills unforkanetly but if you need more help just shoot me a PM.

Edited by Joe Davion 86, 11 March 2012 - 04:11 PM.

#48 Bonewalker

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 123 posts
  • LocationHouston, Tx.

Posted 11 March 2012 - 04:22 PM

Welcome newcomers. Don't worry about not knowing anything, and don't be afraid to ask. SOMEONE will have an answer.

#49 zverofaust

• 2,093 posts
  • LocationMontreal

Posted 11 March 2012 - 04:27 PM

The virginity is strong in this thread.

#50 Xenois Shalashaska

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 343 posts
  • LocationWestern Australia

Posted 11 March 2012 - 04:40 PM

Perhaps some would create a voting poll in which you select your gender to assess the ratio of gender if we really are interested in female & male pilots. I wouldn't know how many women pilots are in mechwarrior but In any chance im merc corp. we dont get paid to care who we fight.

#51 Morgana

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bold
  • The Bold
  • 647 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 05:00 PM

I don't think the OP was really looking for any ratio of any type, but just seeking out fellow females to establish some friendly camaraderie. Back in my Mech days, I was the only female on our team, in AAO there were two of us. So it's just nice to chat amongst some of our own now an then. Hey, you guys do it all the time, give us a break!

#52 Mason Grimm

Com Guard / Technician

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationToronto, ON

Posted 11 March 2012 - 05:02 PM

Now that we've covered who is female, who is not and who wishes they were I have two things to say...

Grimm is your friend!!!! All sorority type women are invited to consult with him on a great number of things.

Oh and...

MOVED TO OFF TOPIC!!! (really???!!!???)

#53 Morgana

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bold
  • The Bold
  • 647 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 05:13 PM

Posted ImagePosted Image

#54 bawchicawawa

• PipPipPip
  • 87 posts
  • Locationarizona

Posted 11 March 2012 - 05:23 PM

All across the internet, if a women shows up, every boy flocks to her side and flirts while using an over abundance of smiley faces.

#55 Burned_Follower

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 472 posts
  • LocationDanielsville, Georgia

Posted 11 March 2012 - 05:52 PM

lol this reminds me of my first welding job working at a ship yard 5 years ago. We had a 30 man crew refurbishing old barges, installing new hull plating, etc and only one person in our 30 man crew was a woman and she didn't speak much english but almost all the non married guys and even a couple married guys eventually tried to flirt with her. Sure i could say "typical males" but women are JUST AS GUILTY.

For example a few years ago i took a CNA class because i decided that in an economy as unstable as the USA(where i live) i thought it to be a good idea to get a second trade under my belt. But i ended up quitting the CNA class because i was in a 20 person class and me and one other guy were the only ones in that class that actually were NOT women. Even the teacher was a woman. Since i was single the majority of them flirted with me and the only ones that seriously tried took hook up with me were the "married ones". Now i'm not the most handsome guy around but they were all over me to the point of creepyness just like my old welding job back in the ship yard(in other words it was the same bit of akwardness that lady welder went through just with the tables turned around gender-wise). Some guys would love go through what i went through in that class but that's cuz you haven't "went through it". If you did, you would probably have ended up in jail or worse if you let the married ladies get to you. If it wasn't for the fact i was a Christian i probably would have got myself in a LOT of trouble there.

This was the time when i got a glimpse on what some of ya'all women probably go through when you do online gaming or work a job where theres mostly guys. A real eye opener.

Edited by XxDRxDEATHxX, 11 March 2012 - 05:58 PM.

#56 CaptainScumBa11s

• PipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 78 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 06:11 PM

"Shut up and fix my TrenchBucket!!" but yea on a serious note welcome to the community ladies and gentlemen alike.

#57 pursang

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,877 posts
  • LocationSurrey BC, Canada

Posted 11 March 2012 - 06:42 PM

I'm surprised it took this long for someone to make this thread. :)

#58 Randal Waide

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Contaminator
  • Contaminator
  • 217 posts
  • LocationMississippi

Posted 11 March 2012 - 08:29 PM

View PostBluey, on 11 March 2012 - 12:33 PM, said:

She is 47 years old oi

Good, I like younger women. :rolleyes:
My wife and I played the TT game before we had kids. She was a hellion in her Victor. And lucky as heck with the dice! :)

Edited by Randal Waide, 11 March 2012 - 08:30 PM.

#59 Tifalia

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 262 posts
  • LocationBoardwalk, Capellan Confederation

Posted 12 March 2012 - 02:53 AM

Reporting.

I do not need to proove my gender. Why should I? It is my skills and accomplishments that will matter the most, not simply because my reproductive organs are on the inside than outside.

View Postbawchicawawa, on 11 March 2012 - 05:23 PM, said:

All across the internet, if a woman shows up, every boy flocks to her side and flirts while using an over abundance of smiley faces.

Never in my time online have I ever had that happen.

Edited by Tifalia, 12 March 2012 - 02:57 AM.

#60 Polymorphyne

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 489 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 12 March 2012 - 04:48 AM

I once made a female character on World of Warcraft- started because I felt male orcs were hideous caricactures but that female ones didn't look too terrible, ended up being an endless parade of flirting male players and free stuff. Boy did I get given alot of items.

8 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 8 guests, 0 anonymous users