So, how many female pilots are out there?

168 replies to this topic

#121 Hawks

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 548 posts
  • LocationFalling Outside The Normal Moral Constraints

Posted 18 August 2012 - 11:59 AM

View PostElessar, on 18 August 2012 - 09:50 AM, said:

Aye...
noone would like to face Natasha Kerensky, the black widow, in her Marauder (at least not in a 1:1 situation) ;)

...although from the descriptions I've read of her, I wouldn't mind facing her outside her Marauder in a 1:1 situation (if you know what I mean, and I think you do!)

#122 H Minus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 12:03 PM

View PostHawks, on 18 August 2012 - 09:44 AM, said:

One of the coolest things about the Battletech universe is that the women in it are often just as badass as the men - if not more so. Hopefully this will be reflected in the MWO player base.

Isn't that the whole point to inventing mech? So the meek shall inherit and incinerate the earth? <grin>

#123 Joanna Conners

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 1,206 posts
  • LocationEn Route to Terra

Posted 18 August 2012 - 02:08 PM

View PostTiffyNico, on 15 August 2012 - 11:27 PM, said:

So nice to see a larger outcome of girl gamers out there ;)

I think of myself as a gamer. Not a "girl gamer". I always think of girl gamers as being something preppy that wants to flirt with boys and not be as competitive.

#124 DarkJaguar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • 331 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 02:49 PM

Mechs don't have gender, and their heads all pop off the same.

#125 Alessandra

• Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 03:24 PM

posting in another "Girls don't play video games" thread ;)

#126 Ramblin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 270 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 18 August 2012 - 03:29 PM

im kinda upset my troll post got zero reaction... you guys (gals) are good. Almost too good...

#127 Joanna Conners

• The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 03:30 PM

View PostTiffyNico, on 22 August 2012 - 02:37 PM, said:

haha "girl gamers" happen to be the MOST competitive, because we have the most to prove. You know how some people don't think we have what it takes, when most likely we are better than the majority. I'm just fine being called a girl gamer, because we are rare, and we are damn good. :D

I'm probably more competitive than the boys, but that doesn't mean I'm going to let them call me a "girl gamer". I'm a gamer the same as them. That's my point.

I wouldn't say we're rare anymore either. I just think the male mindset hasn't caught up to how much we're playing now.

#128 xxx WreckinBallRaj xxx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,852 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 05:09 PM

View PostChrystoph, on 18 August 2012 - 06:24 AM, said:

What utter hooie!

Shooters have have had female skins since Quake 2 and *shudder* Lara Croft. Combat Arms, a current FPS, has an entire female line of characters. They may be semi-naked gun bunnies, but they ARE there.

Second, your gender bias, whether meant as a joke or serious, is thoroughly out of place. Your attitude, in the real world, borders on getting you into legal trouble as sexual harassment.

I say it how it is; nothing less nothing more. Also, my "attitude" in the real world is perfectly fine. I'm not a sexist by any means, nor in any kind of legal trouble with the ladies. You apparently seem to just be in denial about the male to female ratio in video gaming and are personally attacking those that don't share that denial. Weak. The fact remains that all I've said is common knowledge and very obviously true. I suggest you do some research sometime before throwing insults at people. Or hell, play ANY video game and count yourself. As I said, it's VERY OBVIOUS.

Edited by Bluten, 22 August 2012 - 05:13 PM.

#129 Joanna Conners

• The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 05:15 PM

View PostBluten, on 22 August 2012 - 05:09 PM, said:

I say it how it is; nothing less nothing more. Also, my "attitude" in the real world is perfectly fine. I'm not a sexist by any means, nor in any kind of legal trouble with the ladies. You apparently seem to just be in denial about the male to female ratio in video gaming and are personally attacking those that don't share that denial. Weak. The fact remains that all I've said is common knowledge and very obviously true. I suggest you do some research sometime before throwing insults at people. Or hell, play ANY video game and count yourself. As I said, it's VERY OBVIOUS.

What ratio? 60/40 and closing fast? :D

#130 xxx WreckinBallRaj xxx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,852 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 05:24 PM

View PostDemona, on 22 August 2012 - 05:15 PM, said:

What ratio? 60/40 and closing fast? :D

Sadly on most games it's like 1 out of 100. :)

#131 Joanna Conners

• The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 05:56 PM

View PostBluten, on 22 August 2012 - 05:24 PM, said:

Sadly on most games it's like 1 out of 100. :)

Based on what? A lot of female gamers don't get recognized. If we're "too good" we must not be a woman. If our gamertag/callsign isn't "girly enough" we must not be a woman. If we don't say anything we must not be a woman.

There's a very long list of that sort of nonsense. There's a lot of assumptions about us and most of it is total garbage. No offense, the topic just works me up because of all the crap we go through.

Edited by Demona, 22 August 2012 - 05:57 PM.

#132 Graves

• Pip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationWashington

Posted 22 August 2012 - 06:31 PM

Anyone that has the big brass testicles to climb in a Mech is my equal. I welcome allies and enemies of all races and genders. On the battlefield it doesn't matter what parts you got or what color they are. I look forward to playing MWO with you all!

#133 Sephlock

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 10,819 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 06:41 PM

View PostGraves, on 22 August 2012 - 06:31 PM, said:

Anyone that has the big brass testicles to climb in a Mech is my equal. I welcome allies and enemies of all races and genders. On the battlefield it doesn't matter what parts you got or what color they are. I look forward to playing MWO with you all!

SQUAAAWWWK :).

#134 Graves

• Pip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationWashington

Posted 22 August 2012 - 06:45 PM

View PostSephlock, on 22 August 2012 - 06:41 PM, said:

SQUAAAWWWK :).

-_-

#135 Rayvn

Rookie

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3 posts
  • LocationFlorida, USA

Posted 22 August 2012 - 08:04 PM

I am also a fem pilot and I don't need to prove anything to anyone.

#136 Assiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 539 posts
  • LocationColumbus, Ohio

Posted 23 August 2012 - 08:57 AM

Good to see we will have a nice diverse grouping in this game, and shame on my fellow males who seem to think a female can not be as serious about gaming as us.

But fair warning to all, male or female it does not matter, if you do not serve the dragon I will cut you down.

See you guys on the battlefield.

#137 Sesambrot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 862 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 23 August 2012 - 09:25 AM

My missiles don't care what you look like! ;)

#138 Luminescent

• Pip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 12 posts
  • LocationSF Bay Area

Posted 23 August 2012 - 10:07 AM

Bluten:
Some women enjoy pink skins and 'hello kitty' decorations in video games, I'm sure, but I doubt that's the reason they play MMO's. I mean, I hear Hello Kitty Island Adventures has all that and more--so why would they so much as touch World of Warcraft, as an example, which requires math and planning and...pushing buttons a lot...but seriously, why?

They obviously enjoy some part of the game as well, but I wouldn't presume to know what it is they enjoy about them--after all, I have a *****. In this context, that fact gives me a right to listen to others and LEARN what I don't know, not preach about it.

Get a grip, man; you're posting in a thread that has become about who's female, what their experiences have been and how they can be welcomed and acknowledged. Trolling is so Last-Year's-Games.

#139 Thee Tactician

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 760 posts
  • LocationUnite State

Posted 23 August 2012 - 10:46 AM

Greetings, Folks

I have had the pleasure of meeting many female pilots in Eve-Online, some here. I find it is always pleasure as they can truly be Relentless and Loyal Pilots.

~*Rise*~ Wolniewski
Quote:"I Shall never bend the Knee to Khan or Empire, I shall stand with the Legion even in Hell. Mella'tae!"

#140 Elessar

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,100 posts
  • LocationHesperus II

Posted 23 August 2012 - 10:53 AM

View PostLuminescent, on 23 August 2012 - 10:07 AM, said:

Bluten:
Some women enjoy pink skins and 'hello kitty' decorations in video games, I'm sure, but I doubt that's the reason they play MMO's. ..

Not to forget that that decorating their mech with Hello Kitty (well, if it were possible :D ) doesn´t say anything about their quality as pilot.
Hello Kitty decorated mechs can become as feared as red painted Triplanes (in WW 1) if they´re piloted by Elite female pilots :lol:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users