Any old Battletech MUD players out there?

125 replies to this topic

#21 Belldandy Morisato

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 25 posts
  • Locationhttp://maison-otaku.net/~hotaru/BELLE.HTML

Posted 29 May 2012 - 10:11 PM

Loved '56, it was what got me into MU*s in general. Had a helper/newbie bit too for the academy as well. I even tried to start up Explorer Corps.

#22 Rand 3065MUX

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 12:02 PM

I am here! ;)
... waiting

#23 D0GGY W0GGY

• Pip
  • The Dreadnought
  • 13 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 08:24 PM

View Postdeputydog, on 24 May 2012 - 05:10 AM, said:

Good to see all the old Muse/Mux players coming back. I played for years and years.. Even tried a little Mux play late last year with the new graphical clients. Got my start with House Kurita on 3056 so I figure I will gravitate towards them again.
You may remember me best from 3065 along with my friend Garet Jax who I will drag kicking and screaming to play this game if it is any good.

I remember getting into this back in '96. Back then GJ was the man, and the admins (AoD, DrBob, and Dave to name a few) opened up the game by making wild scenarios like timebomb football, godzilla, and other random pandys. We even had a Terminator sim on the exact day Skynet became self aware. 3 packed arenas running simultaneously made sure this ate quite a bit of my time. Made quite a lot of good internet friends back then because of this place.

View PostRand 3065MUX, on 02 June 2012 - 12:02 PM, said:

I am here! :P
... waiting

And I'll be waiting to gank you!
*This message brought to you by your friendly neighborhood Frosty and the letters ****
*Crash still cheats, Bianca is a guy, and where did Ching go?*

Edited by Wingchun, 05 June 2012 - 08:26 PM.

#24 Rana Khransky

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 08:30 PM

hehe... Rana from '3030 and other mu*.

#25 Bagheera

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,920 posts
  • LocationStrong and Pretty

Posted 07 June 2012 - 06:21 AM

Loved the old 302* mux games back in the day. I know I played on several, likely under this name though maybe not. Can't remember very well. I know there were several I didn't end up finding out about until much later. My access was more sporadic in those days.

Briefly around 1999-2000 or so there was a 3025 game that was played through a browser client, extremely rudimentary graphics with small matches. Anyone remember this one or am I crazy?

#26 Andrew D

• Pip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationMaryland, United States

Posted 11 June 2012 - 12:57 PM

On 3056 I was Irwin Tyrell and Maeve Wolf for a bit, just Andrew on 3025, 3058, etc.

Edited by Andrew D, 11 June 2012 - 12:58 PM.

#27 Rip Calkin

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 129 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 11 June 2012 - 01:04 PM

I played Battletech: Frontier Lands (which I think is actually still up and running, although 'dead' in terms of activity).

Definitely look me up if you're going to be forming an 'old MUer' group!

Edited by Rip Calkin, 11 June 2012 - 01:05 PM.

#28 threedots

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 06:42 PM

Used to be a sim head for the most part, but dabbled a few real space ones. Frontier mux was my last played. Just fired it up again today actually. Would love some opponents :)

#29 Kanji alias Ka

Rookie

• 8 posts
  • LocationDaytona Beach, FL

Posted 11 June 2012 - 09:07 PM

View Postdeputydog, on 24 May 2012 - 05:10 AM, said:

Good to see all the old Muse/Mux players coming back. I played for years and years.. Even tried a little Mux play late last year with the new graphical clients. Got my start with House Kurita on 3056 so I figure I will gravitate towards them again.
You may remember me best from 3065 along with my friend Garet Jax who I will drag kicking and screaming to play this game if it is any good.

Hey Hey Hey ddog

#30 Rand 3065MUX

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 06:51 PM

View PostWingchun, on 05 June 2012 - 08:24 PM, said:

And I'll be waiting to gank you!
*This message brought to you by your friendly neighborhood Frosty and the letters ****
*Crash still cheats, Bianca is a guy, and where did Ching go?*

BOG!

Mermak's wife was probably the only real chick ...

... everybody wingchun tonight ...

#31 Alexandr Britten

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • LocationElizabethtown, PA - USA

Posted 14 June 2012 - 07:59 PM

View PostSmoked, on 18 February 2012 - 09:09 PM, said:

Hmm Darkhosis? Did you also play genocide?

No, I'm not Darkhosis, I'm asking where those people are... they were very interesting people. BOGGLE

#32 Dameon Avante

Rookie

• 4 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 14 June 2012 - 11:23 PM

Alexandr Britten - whatup :( its gigglecow LOL

or should I say: MUhahahahahaah

Edited by Dameon Avante, 14 June 2012 - 11:33 PM.

#33 Alexandr Britten

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 04:37 PM

Psst... anyone notice how most of the MU* players are joining DCMS? Must be something in the water.

Also, most of the former Clanners are DCMS as well.

#34 Alexandr Britten

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 04:40 PM

View PostRand 3065MUX, on 02 June 2012 - 12:02 PM, said:

I am here! ;)
... waiting

OK... Optimus (sounds like the ending of the first Transformers movie remake)... We will be here... waiting.

I noticed you used BOG in another post. Are you one of the BOG group? nimrod, Darkhosis, etc? Actually, maybe Rand was even part of that group, can't recall. You guys would **** me off because everyhing was BOG, NOG, etc... eventually, it was just a lot of fun when I wasn't so serious.

#35 D0GGY W0GGY

• Pip
  • The Dreadnought
  • 13 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 10:24 PM

View PostAlexandr Britten, on 15 June 2012 - 04:40 PM, said:

OK... Optimus (sounds like the ending of the first Transformers movie remake)... We will be here... waiting.

I noticed you used BOG in another post. Are you one of the BOG group? nimrod, Darkhosis, etc? Actually, maybe Rand was even part of that group, can't recall. You guys would **** me off because everyhing was BOG, NOG, etc... eventually, it was just a lot of fun when I wasn't so serious.

Oh, trust me, that was nothing compared to the insanity that as bebetawk.

#36 Splatterbug

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 88 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 12:16 PM

View PostWingchun, on 15 June 2012 - 10:24 PM, said:

Oh, trust me, that was nothing compared to the insanity that as bebetawk.

Wut wut? Why you no wuv bebe? Ah wuv bebe! Go Go Powah Bebetawk! Ho!

or better yet...

MUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUST KEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEL PEEEEEENDOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

#37 D0GGY W0GGY

• Pip
  • The Dreadnought
  • 13 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 05:28 PM

View PostSplatterbug, on 17 June 2012 - 12:16 PM, said:

Wut wut? Why you no wuv bebe? Ah wuv bebe! Go Go Powah Bebetawk! Ho!

or better yet...

MUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUST KEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEL PEEEEEENDOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

*pewi sense is tingling*

Haha, good times! Anyone seen Arm, Garthus or Dany? I'm sure there are enough of us '65ers to sim it out while waiting for beta/release...

#38 Jake Simmons

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 10:35 PM

LAF BOG.

I wasted tons of time on 3056/4001, then something happened where it went **** up.

I did have fun playing on mccool.cbi.msstate.edu 4001, the 4001 MUX was the bestus. It was just about RS.

There were a few others after 4001 blew up. I think we were on a RS with Dave called 3036, then a few others.

Used to pal around with Armistead, Rakshasa, Taram, Frutius_Ceasar.

Hosis, Sin, and the Genocide crew were always fun to play with too, they would always annoy the folks who took the game way too seriously.

heh.

#39 JediMindGorilla

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 63 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAustin, Texas

Posted 21 June 2012 - 09:36 AM

Hey all. I could not get the name GaretJax, it was taken, but good to see some old 3056/3065/3030/30xxxxx players here. I am hoping to find a group of "old timers" to play alongside. God help me if they get a Snord's Irregulars that I can play with :)

Going to buy a Legendary account in about a week, so look for me to hit up some old friends to play with and I will come locked and loaded! :D

Known as Garet_Jax, Rhonda Snord, Cranston_Snord, Matrix

The below post was me.. trying to use a name people would recognize.. but I hate being GaretJax3065.. so.. just going to stay UCME.

heh.. been a long time.. and I'll let them have the name.. I still answer to GJ :o

GJ

AKA UCME (you see me)

Really....you do...

Edited by UCME, 21 June 2012 - 11:58 AM.

#40 Blacke

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 238 posts
  • Location3rd Takata Lancers

Posted 21 June 2012 - 07:18 PM

I played the MUX and the 3056 MUSE as well as being a programmer on the 3056 MUSE. In the 3056 MUSE I ran the Black Lions Cooperative Solaris Stable / Mercenary Unit.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users