127 replies to this topic

#101 Steinar Bergstol

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,622 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 19 November 2012 - 02:56 AM

$5,521,375. Bengal class carrier unlocked as playable ship and they're going to try to bring back someone from the Wing Commander games for voice acting.

#102 Ori Klein

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationIsrael

Posted 19 November 2012 - 08:09 AM

5.8 mil!!!

#103 DerMaulwurf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 599 posts
  • LocationPotato Tier

Posted 19 November 2012 - 09:11 AM

The server is under some heavy strain.

But 5.97mil and more than 90 minutes to go.

edit: 6million is in and it's not even over yet.

Edited by DerMaulwurf, 19 November 2012 - 09:26 AM.

#104 Steinar Bergstol

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,622 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 19 November 2012 - 09:28 AM

And they've hit 6 million. I did not think they'd reach that level when I first learned about the game and they hadn't hit 1 million yet. Take that, big publishers who think noone's interested in PC space combat sims anymore.

EDIT: Time's up for the crowdfunding and the final tally is $6,233,789. Of course, with people probably being able to upgrade or add to their pledges even after the countdown has reached zero (buying extra ships when they have some extra cash and so on) that total will probably change, but still... Impressive.

Edited by Steinar Bergstol, 19 November 2012 - 11:12 AM.

#105 Minos Murdoc

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 252 posts
  • LocationPortsmouth, UK

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:13 PM

I've been waiting for a good space sim for the last 10 years. X series was ok but CR is a god at these things.
Also found out the other day their is a new Elite game on kickstarter too both have my pledge :huh:

#106 ODonovan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 377 posts
  • LocationMWO is still incomplete, after YEARS!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 10:38 PM

The current pledge amounts for the bonuses (ships, ingame currency, et cetera) should remain on their site until they're able to get all the KickStarter pledges merged with the accounts and pledges made on their site. That should take about two weeks, from what they say. If you're going to pledge but haven't yet, don't waste any time!

See you "in the black."

-Irish

p.s. The total stands at $6.3 million and is still rising slowly as people upgrade and pledge who didn't have a chance to before the "telethon" ended at 2pm Eastern on Monday.

Edited by ODonovan, 19 November 2012 - 10:39 PM.

#107 Insidious Johnson

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,417 posts
  • Location"This is Johnson, I'm cored"

Posted 19 November 2012 - 11:29 PM

Avast ye swabs! I'll be scouring the seven suns in me cutlass for freelancer booty calls.

#108 CCC Dober

• 1,881 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 06:29 AM

Bumped for the cause. Fan-made trailer incoming!

Credits go to Glomby in this thread -> http://www.robertssp...d-grace-period/
Get aboard while the pledge grace period lasts (ends on Nov. 26th)

And always remember, citizenship must be earned! *salute*

#109 Tasorin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 825 posts
  • LocationCartman 3050 HQ

Posted 21 November 2012 - 08:41 AM

Ponied up money for this title as well via Kickstarter.

If Tie Fighter vs. X-Wing and EvE ever had a ******* child, I hope Star Citizen is it.

Long live the Space/Mek SIM.

Long live the PC Game.

#110 CCC Dober

• 1,881 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 02:03 PM

Another shameless bump. The carrier you see above in the video.

YES, it can be yours. Made possible by the incredible effort of the community during the crowd-funding campaign.
Just make sure to bring a lot of friends along when you try to overcome and board one. Feel free to use it as a mobile base of operations for your clan.

Still not convinced? Well, you get access to corvettes, destroyers, cruisers too. If you like to go rogue, pirates are in the mix as well as alien races and their ships. More guns, more speed and even more Dakka.

Join the cause at http://www.robertsspaceindustries.com/

#111 ZefNinja

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 120 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 23 November 2012 - 04:41 AM

Hey guys,

We have created an alliance for STAR CITIZEN. If you interested please check it out.

http://www.capellan-confederation.com

#112 Viper69

• 4,204 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 08:04 AM

I dropped 60 bucks on it. I am pumped as well. I am torn though on upgrading to the hornet or the cutlass. I also dont quite understand the insurance thing. Do our jets get permanently destroyed if they get totaled. At any rate, glad to see more like minded folk.

#113 Egomane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,163 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 09:42 AM

If your fighter/bomber/transport/cruiser/whatever is destroyed, it is gone! You will either have to buy a new one, or will be reset to some form of beginer ship.

If your fighter/bomber/transport/cruiser/whatever had an insurance, you will get a new one waiting for you at the spaceport.

In both cases the equipment and cargo of your ship will be lost and needs to be replaced.

Don't ask me for a source. I'd have to wade through the RSI Forum just like you, to find the bits and pieces again. It could also be, that my memory is faulty and I imagined to have seen such information.

Edit: Ok... I think I found it in the unoffical FAQ that took information from the Devs and compiled them into one document (found here)

Chris Roberts said:

You won’t be able to just blast away and then respawn again. So if you go out in space and your ship gets destroyed, you’ve lost it. But basically, we’re trying to do a lot of things like the real world, so we’re trying to simulate an economy and you can buy ship insurance and cargo insurance. So, if you’re smart, you’ll pay a little money for insurance. Normally, if you get blasted, you’ll lose your cargo, but you’ll end up on the same planet to get a replacement ship. If you don’t have ship insurance, you’ll lose it all. I mean, insurance is not going to be that expensive, but it certainly shouldn’t be easy.

Edited by Egomane, 23 November 2012 - 10:01 AM.

#114 Steinar Bergstol

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,622 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 26 November 2012 - 05:41 AM

View PostInsidious Johnson, on 19 November 2012 - 11:29 PM, said:

Avast ye swabs! I'll be scouring the seven suns in me cutlass for freelancer booty calls.

Heh. Guess I'll be one of your targets then, seeing as I've got myself a Freelancer so far. Dirty pirate scum! Keelhauling ya without a spacesuit's too good for ya! :wacko: Gotta admit it's tempting to pony up the dough to get another ship or two though for the sake of variety. A Hornet or an Origin Jumpworks 300i for example. Although I do have to admit that Cutlass does look very, very pretty. :)

And apparently I'm not the only one tempted to add onto my pledge since they're still steadily climbing as far as amount raised goes. More than $6.8 million now.

Edited by Steinar Bergstol, 26 November 2012 - 07:43 AM.

#115 Isaac Corbett

• PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 07:36 PM

Does anyone else have problems with posting on their forums? I get HTTP 500 error whenever I try and submit something in a thread there :/

#116 Sybreed

• 3,199 posts
  • LocationQuebec

Posted 26 November 2012 - 07:56 PM

well, I was able to post something yesterday. Just a reply though.

#117 ODonovan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 377 posts
  • LocationMWO is still incomplete, after YEARS!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 09:37 PM

I have to save everything to my clipboard and restore it (cut and paste) after hitting "Post" the first time because it always goes to a white screen and doesn't post. After using the back arrow and pasting it back into the text entry field, it always works the second time. Go figure.

-Irish

#118 Melcyna

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 674 posts
  • LocationYuri Paradise

Posted 26 November 2012 - 09:50 PM

their forum seems to be still either under heavy load (it was hammered so hard a while back it collapsed) or they still haven't finished bringing the hardwares that are supposed to improve it (after it collapsed) online.

#119 Insidious Johnson

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,417 posts
  • Location"This is Johnson, I'm cored"

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:10 AM

[REDACTED]

Edited by miSs, 27 November 2012 - 02:08 PM.
name + shame

#120 Egomane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,163 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 04:40 AM

View PostMelcyna, on 26 November 2012 - 09:50 PM, said:

their forum seems to be still either under heavy load (it was hammered so hard a while back it collapsed) or they still haven't finished bringing the hardwares that are supposed to improve it (after it collapsed) online.

They want to change the forum completly and are working on a way to transfer the old posts into the new software.

11 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 11 guests, 0 anonymous users