Bryan Ekman and Russ Bullock on Open Beta

235 replies to this topic

#21 Smoke Banshee

• PipPipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 10:30 AM

Wait . . . doesn't the Yen-lo-Wang come with a Hatchet?
We all know it's the Hero mech they keep talking about, but wouldn't that mean they have to get melee working before they add it?

#22 Kdogg788

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,314 posts

Yes premium time starts 10/16.

Yes Beta players lose all C Bills.

No please don't let it be this yen lo wang mech everyone talks about. The last thing the world needs is a Centurion hero mech.

-k

#23 SMDMadCow

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,055 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX

View PostPitstarter, on 10 October 2012 - 10:21 AM, said:

Probably already set in stone, but adding my voice to the "don't start premium time" at this point in proceedings.

Game nowhere near ready to start the premium clock ticking.

I am of the same opinion. Had i known that open beta would be so sparse in content i would not have purchased a founders package.

#24 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 10 October 2012 - 10:31 AM

View PostViper69, on 10 October 2012 - 10:26 AM, said:

What was the intent? To give me celluloid images out my cockpit?

To increase performance. It did the way you would expect, lowering the visuals.

#25 tyrone dunkirk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 672 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 10 October 2012 - 10:32 AM

Good news! Glad to hear it's going OB, and we now have some concrete times and details for up-coming implementations. Wish you great success, and it's good to see you all keeping in touch with the community.

#26 Kell Draygo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 884 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 10 October 2012 - 10:32 AM

It is too soon, way too soon. A lot of us testers have been worried that this game will be released too soon and it's come to past. We don't even have a matchmaking system in the game and right now pre-made teams gets a free roll on pug stomping. There is no balance to the matches at all and one of the most frustrating things for many players.

There are still a lot of weapons to be balanced in this game. Gauss Rifles are still obvious kings of ranged weapon. It has long range, big damage, low heat, no minimum range, generous ammo per ton. Nothing compares to it, not the PPC, ERPPC, Large Laser, ER Large Laser, AC20, UAC5, etc.

It's a shame that your financial backers forced your hand in this, we testers know you developers have been working hard on this game. Now we are worried that despite all the hard work, a rocky and rough launch may doom the longevity of the game.

#27 Odanan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,198 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 10 October 2012 - 10:34 AM

You ARE teasing us.

#28 Scarlett Avignon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 913 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationRichmond, VA

Posted 10 October 2012 - 10:35 AM

View PostSmoke Banshee, on 10 October 2012 - 10:30 AM, said:

Wait . . . doesn't the Yen-lo-Wang come with a Hatchet?
We all know it's the Hero mech they keep talking about, but wouldn't that mean they have to get melee working before they add it?

Yen-lo-Wang is a modified Centurion. It either has an AC/20 and paired Medium Lasers or Gauss Rifle and Medium Pulse Lasers, depending on the build they use.

#29 wanderer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 11,152 posts
  • LocationStomping around in a giant robot, of course.

Posted 10 October 2012 - 10:38 AM

We might be ready for open beta. In fact, I welcome more testers.

There is no chance in heck this is ready for premium accounts to start ticking, unless you intend to do another reset at some point in the future. The game is incomplete in more than one sense of the word.

Now, given another two months? Maybe. And you REALLY, REALLY need to make sure the massive wave of open beta players understands that this isn't a complete game yet, or you will have people posting "reviews" saying your game is going to launch like a lead balloon. Which it doesn't deserve, been beta testing since June and a lot's gone into it already.

But it needs more.

#30 Scree122

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 10:41 AM

I hope you're planning on implementing Betty's soon.

#31 NormlDotOrg

Rookie

• 6 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 10:42 AM

This game will die just like Path of Exile will. You can not balance or fix LRM camping. The game now and in the future will have no character, no depth and every game with roughly be the same. I refuse to pay any money for this games "founders" packages. Simply because that is play to win on a small level. LRM should require line of sight and no AMS is not good enough. I'm sorry you guys put so much work into the game for it to die off like a stuck pig....very slowly. Just like Path of Exile. Unless you pull off something truly great, but I'm not counting on it. Premium accounts....wow... thats just sad.

#32 CobaltFire

• Pip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 15 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 10:42 AM

Aside from everything else, I love how it is 10OCT2012 11:45AM PST and the announcement is from 10OCT2012 2:15PM.

Can I have your time machine?

#33 Nacon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 661 posts
  • LocationMars

Posted 10 October 2012 - 10:43 AM

Still no news on Highlander Mech....

#34 Jaxom08

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Stalker
  • The Stalker
  • 216 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMO,USA

Posted 10 October 2012 - 10:45 AM

I don't see anywhere that they said Oct. 16th, besides in that article on dualshock......did I miss something? Personally I think the cryengine 3.4 still needs alot of work before opening it to the public.

#35 Hythos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts
  • LocationLOS ANGELES, er, I mean Dustball

Posted 10 October 2012 - 10:45 AM

Bryan Ekman and Russ Bullock on Open Beta

Posted Image by Piranha Games Oct 10, 2012 2:15 PM PDT

HOLY crap!
I'm stuck 3 hours behind :rolleyes:

Maybe I'm still dreaming.... though I for one, have faith in what is to come.
Please stay true to the Battletech/Mechwarrior IP, as that's why many of us are here! ;)
MWO has the potential to be exceedingly great in the same way SWG once had, and I'd love to see it happen!

#36 Landeraxe

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 293 posts
  • LocationWashington State

Posted 10 October 2012 - 10:46 AM

View PostNormlDotOrg, on 10 October 2012 - 10:42 AM, said:

This game will die just like Path of Exile will. You can not balance or fix LRM camping.

The fix is be in a team that has a way to deal with scouts. They don't need to fix it; you need to have your team deal with it.

#37 Kunae

• 4,303 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 10:48 AM

View PostJaxom08, on 10 October 2012 - 10:45 AM, said:

I don't see anywhere that they said Oct. 16th, besides in that article on dualshock......did I miss something? Personally I think the cryengine 3.4 still needs alot of work before opening it to the public.

http://pc.gamespy.co.../1226355p1.html
http://www.shacknews...gins-october-16
http://www.pcgamer.c...ces-october-16/
http://n4g.com/news/...begin-next-week

Need any more? ;)

#38 Watchit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 2,235 posts
  • LocationOrlando

Posted 10 October 2012 - 10:48 AM

I'm hoping the hero mech is actually the Bounty Hunter's Marauder, and it would also be a big reveal for the Marauder and the Unseen as well ;)

...one can dream can't he?

#39 Kunae

• 4,303 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 10:49 AM

Google mechwarrior online open beta and you'll find dozens more.

#40 Shismar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 10:49 AM

It really is time for a last reset. Especially since after last ones there were no free CB or exp to get back to your usual setup. I like the progression as it is really easy and you get to play some variations of your chassis. But I don't have to do that over and over again. One more time is enough and soon is fine with me.

Well, except that Lord of the Rings Online expansion Riders of Rohan will be released on the 15th and I have to play that first.

Which brings me to my concern. I'd like to not have to start premium service on the 16th. What I would like is a button somewhere which says "Start Premium" and I can click it any time I want. That may be soon, or maybe later. But I'd really like that choice, please.

Hero mech. Grmm, no Cent please!

View PostFranklen Avignon, on 10 October 2012 - 10:35 AM, said:

Yen-lo-Wang is a modified Centurion. It either has an AC/20 and paired Medium Lasers or Gauss Rifle and Medium Pulse Lasers, depending on the build they use.

Ohh! No no no, Gauss Rifle and Medium Pulse Lasers is what I am using with my Hunchback. No stealing that. It's mine!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users