Bryan Ekman and Russ Bullock on Open Beta

235 replies to this topic

#41 New Breed

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,028 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 10:50 AM

I do not want my premium time started until match making is fixed.

#42 Hythos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts
  • LocationLOS ANGELES, er, I mean Dustball

Posted 10 October 2012 - 10:50 AM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 10 October 2012 - 10:15 AM, said:

Oh and let's not forget our first Hero BattleMech. It's the < REDACTED >!
Bryan Ekman and Russ Bullock

It's going to be #18.

#43 wanderer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 11,152 posts
  • LocationStomping around in a giant robot, of course.

Posted 10 October 2012 - 10:51 AM

View PostNormlDotOrg, on 10 October 2012 - 10:42 AM, said:

This game will die just like Path of Exile will. You can not balance or fix LRM camping. The game now and in the future will have no character, no depth and every game with roughly be the same. I refuse to pay any money for this games "founders" packages. Simply because that is play to win on a small level. LRM should require line of sight and no AMS is not good enough. I'm sorry you guys put so much work into the game for it to die off like a stuck pig....very slowly. Just like Path of Exile. Unless you pull off something truly great, but I'm not counting on it. Premium accounts....wow... thats just sad.

>implying an indirect fire weapon should require line of sight

You poor man. Show us on the Atlas doll where the artillery touched you.

Seriously. This is one of the arguments FOR open beta- where we can bury bad posts like this in a hail of actual, realistic feedback.

#44 Qwortec

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts
  • LocationCanada - ON

Posted 10 October 2012 - 10:52 AM

Trial mechs still suck and there's no matchmaking... You're going to put off a lot of players like this.

These two things should be fixed for next patch (I know they're not scheduled). Good luck!

#45 Von Sagan

Rookie

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 6 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 10 October 2012 - 10:55 AM

I do hope the start of the premium accounts does not start yet. The game still needs so very much to be worked on that it is hardly fair to the Founders. The start of the premium accounts should be at the official start of the game once the majority of the current issues are taken care of.

Say, like how water or, for me, smoke columns on some maps degrade my FPS from the average of 60 to about 24.

Or the cave on the Forest Outpost map. If you are in it, you can't see out of it well cause I get graphics issues. Mind you, I have a very decent card.

Or when a mech fall over / gets knocked over. It gltiches between two areas making it rather hard to shoot when down.

There are literally dozens of other relatively major issues that have yet to be addressed. So, until they are, premium account countdown should not be started.

#46 Keifomofutu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,547 posts
  • LocationLloydminster

You've still got one of four maps lagging out halfway through every single game(frozen). Forget the features you haven't even optimized and bugtested the new crysis engine yet. This is a really bad idea.

#47 whiskey tango foxtrot

• Survivor
  • 1,075 posts
  • LocationWith the Wolfs

Lets' see....Founders package for closed beta ....extended it .....now closing it....the clock starts on the 16th....wonder what the next hook will be.

#48 ZivyTerc

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 271 posts
  • LocationBehind you...

Posted 10 October 2012 - 10:56 AM

oh god ;)

#49 Cochise

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 642 posts
  • LocationAustin, Texas

Posted 10 October 2012 - 10:57 AM

I agree completely with Bryan and Russ and think this is very insightful and wise. Being in a beta is difficult because you become attached to certain things, or the way things are and having them change constantly makes it difficult sometimes to keep perspective on the big picture. Plus you have your own expectations the way things "should be" and things can even get cloudier.

I think it is time to roll it out in front of a brand new larger audience and get some new feedback and stats. It is easy as a beta tester to forget that we really are pulling on the same rope as the dev team, meaning that we all want the game to succeed. This is a good move! ;)

Edited by Cochise, 10 October 2012 - 11:03 AM.

#50 Tice Daurus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,001 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationOak Forest, IL

Posted 10 October 2012 - 10:58 AM

Ok, I'll put my two Centurions in here...

I've supported MW:O for a while and I do have faith in the BETA still. However...

I cannot agree with PGI's decision. I still think it's too early. There are a lot of bugs still in the system that need to be fixed. I don't fully agree with the decision, but I hope it's not because IGP is pushing them to go to OPEN BETA or there is a monetary problem causing them to change. With this said...I still support PGI. I don't completely agree with this as there is still a lot more to do and I wish they would have waited a couple more weeks for this, I really do. I'm afraid that they will push away a lot of people when they see the bugs still in the system and get frustrated, causing PGI to issue refunds like crazy.

Personally I wish they would have also hired more people to help quality control this and more coders/developers to help work on getting the product out.

But...this is still a game I love, and I have faith in it that it will do well. I seriously hope you guys know what your doing, and I'll be praying for PGI that they will do well and the game suceeds and my fears will be put to rest.

#51 Null Wing

Rookie

• 3 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 10 October 2012 - 11:00 AM

I'm wondering if things like decals, mech skins, etc... will cost real money. Would make sense, It wouldn't affect game play.

#52 Synra

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 797 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 10 October 2012 - 11:00 AM

The Question on my mind is when will the founders deal finally end? I mean, it's kinda disappointing at this point. Back in June, we were under the impression that it was a very limited time offer, only available for a few weeks or a month at most. We were told repeatedly that it would be ending on or before X date, only to have that date ignored.

One of the big reasons to purchase a founders pack was that it was something special that would only be available to us early adopters. Yet here we are nearly 4 months later and it's still being sold. The vast majority of the community now have a founders pack. I mean, I enjoy the benefits, but it's not 'something special' like it was originally intended to be.

What about the 'name in the credits' part of the deal? I mean, that made sense back in June when you figured only a few of us would actually buy the Legendary pack, but at this point there are a massive amount of legendary founders. Seems kinda pointless now. What's the point of having my name in the credits if it's just one in 100,000 names slowly scrolling by for 30 minutes? Has there been any reconsideration for this particular selling point? Are there any plans to give Legendary founders something else instead?

#53 NormlDotOrg

Rookie

• 6 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 11:02 AM

View Postwanderer, on 10 October 2012 - 10:51 AM, said:

>implying an indirect fire weapon should require line of sight

You poor man. Show us on the Atlas doll where the artillery touched you.

Seriously. This is one of the arguments FOR open beta- where we can bury bad posts like this in a hail of actual, realistic feedback.

Aww he thinks hes funny! Cute but that doesn't fix a broken game. Nice try tho! BTW my feedback is realistic whether you choose to accept it or not. It sucks man. Trust me I wanted the game to be killer. Its just not and we are all human and humans will default to spamming LRM with assault mechs. What are you supposed to do? Close the distance with said LRM campers and chop them with an energy sword? I have been in 40 matches or so and out of those at least 25 + there were 3 assault mechs standing almost arm and arm spamming/camping LRM. Its a loser/skilless tactic. Light/Medium mechs are no match for this and it cannot/will not be fixed but to try and flame/name call me is just poor taste and lacks class. Your banter is typical of someone endlessly supporting a lame duck politician and basic "running of the mouth". Lame. Sorry.

#54 Akrasjel Lanate

• PipPipPip
  • 96 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 10 October 2012 - 11:05 AM

Soo when open beta we will have the last char wipe/reset or what ?

#55 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

View PostNull Wing, on 10 October 2012 - 11:00 AM, said:

I'm wondering if things like decals, mech skins, etc... will cost real money. Would make sense, It wouldn't affect game play.

According to this and the Mehlab dev-blog, free users get access to basic colors and something to customise the look and then you have payed, more hardcore skins.

#56 whiskey tango foxtrot

• Survivor
  • 1,075 posts
  • LocationWith the Wolfs

Founders ends on the 14th

#57 Bors Mistral

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 313 posts
  • LocationMontreal

Posted 10 October 2012 - 11:07 AM

It's nice that we'll be getting more players with the start of the open beta, even though the game doesn't seem quite feature-ready for that phase.

Things that need doing:
- Normal, fully scalable, full-screen pre-battle interface.
- Roll sideways from hangar slot to hangar slot to display mechs instead of the current fade-in, fade-out. Make us fee like we have a huge hangar!
- Remove the grain filter. Wasn't cool in ME, it's doesn't look good in MWO either. Give us a clear picture.
- Do not start the premium time ticking until the game officially debuts. Disable the c-bill bonus till than if need be.

P.S: Please, for [insert name here]'s sake, do not let nVidia dictate how tessellation in the game is done like they did with Crysis 2. That'd ruin performance for many of mechwarrior and'd be a stupid waste of processing power.

Edited by Bors Mistral, 10 October 2012 - 11:11 AM.

#58 NormlDotOrg

Rookie

• 6 posts

View PostSynra, on 10 October 2012 - 11:00 AM, said:

One of the big reasons to purchase a founders pack was that it was something special that would only be available to us early adopters. Yet here we are nearly 4 months later and it's still being sold. The vast majority of the community now have a founders pack. I mean, I enjoy the benefits...

This^
BENEFITS of paying. You get to own mechs. So you get to outfit them however you want. Advantage in game. Bigger mechs/larger payload=more LRM to spam/camp. Lame. Benefit=Advantage=Upperhand

#59 SquareSphere

• 1,656 posts
  • LocationIn your clouds, stealing your thunder

Open beta... now... SERIOUSLY? I'm going to go on record and agree with most of the folks here, it's a TERRIBLE idea.

All the new folks are going to get STOMPED before they even figure out how to map weapon groups in game!

This community will NOT carebear it up and coddle new players. We've seen it round after round of closed Beta, Vets will STOMP new players because they prefer to play with their friends. If those new players don't have in game support they're going to get frustrated and leave after posting bad word of mouth EVERYWHERE.

#60 Lonestar1771

• 1,991 posts
  • LocationTexas

AKA "We want your $$$ so let us highlight three things that separate you from it"

Edit: cause I can't read.

Edited by Lonestar1771, 10 October 2012 - 12:20 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users