68 replies to this topic

#41 Malekhai

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 100 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 13 October 2012 - 07:18 PM

Will enviromental bonuses/drawbacks be added in the future? Such as mechs in water or an ice map recieve a increased amount of heat dissipation or vice versa on a desert/ hot map. Also included in my question i was wondering if/when day/night maps will be introduced.
Thanks!

#42 The Testiclops

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Compie
  • Compie
  • 252 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 13 October 2012 - 08:39 PM

TWOOOO CENTS!!!!!

#43 Geminus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 220 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 08:48 PM

In the latest news letter you stated that"

On the date of Open Beta, your Premium Account timer WILL start ticking. Around Open Beta, a button will appear that will allow YOU the Founder’s account holder to decide when the timer starts to tick down. At the same time as this button appearing, your used Premium Account time will be reset to its full value. At that point, you can click the button to start your timer but you cannot stop it. It will be up to you to decide when the Premium Account starts to tick.

Will their be resets during open Beta? ie if I click and get my MC benifits right away, will I loose them because of a reset?
Will thier be a final reset when open beta changes to %100? And if so will our MC come back?

#44 Butane9000

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,788 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 13 October 2012 - 09:58 PM

View PostGeminus, on 13 October 2012 - 08:48 PM, said:

In the latest news letter you stated that"

On the date of Open Beta, your Premium Account timer WILL start ticking. Around Open Beta, a button will appear that will allow YOU the Founder’s account holder to decide when the timer starts to tick down. At the same time as this button appearing, your used Premium Account time will be reset to its full value. At that point, you can click the button to start your timer but you cannot stop it. It will be up to you to decide when the Premium Account starts to tick.

Will their be resets during open Beta? ie if I click and get my MC benifits right away, will I loose them because of a reset?
Will thier be a final reset when open beta changes to %100? And if so will our MC come back?

What that means is when open beta launches everything will reset once and begin counting down normally. However after open beta launches they will do a one time reset on the premium time for all founders and give them a button to select when that time begins to run down. Once you click to begin allowing them to run down after that initial reset it will not be able to be stopped.

#45 AH Malidrin Merlin

Rookie

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationCT

Posted 13 October 2012 - 11:19 PM

[IDEA] If you are going to show weapon groupings and allow them to be set in the mechlab. A way to tell the heat efficiency per a group in stead of just alpha strike.

#46 DrnkJawa

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 488 posts
  • LocationIn an urbie aiming at your crotch

Posted 14 October 2012 - 12:44 AM

View PostAmadeaus, on 13 October 2012 - 05:04 PM, said:

What are the variants being implemented for the Stalker.

Thank you

Well theres the classic variant stalker in the bush, then theres a preda-stalker hidden in a tree, lets not forget the hacker-stalker who hacks your webcams and the usual sniffy-stalkers who break in and sniff underwear. Hope that answers it

Edited by DrnkJawa, 14 October 2012 - 01:17 AM.

#47 MustrumRidcully

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 10,644 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 03:52 AM

View PostGarth Erlam, on 12 October 2012 - 08:21 AM, said:

Sorry for the late posting, ask away!

There has been a lot of talk about weapon balance and the heat mechanics on the forums. How do you respond to those that observed and analysed how the introduction of rate of fire (without changing heat dissipation) made high heat weapons (poster child the PPC) much less desirable then low heat weapons (poster child the Gauss Rifle), indirectly making stock configurations worse as they become to heat-intensive (giving us custom mech configurations like the Gauss Catapult, Swaybacks with small lasers and so on)?

Oh, and have you considered starting all trial mechs in chain-fire mode to ease up a little on noobs that will otherwise alpha-strike all the time? (Regardless of what you do with heat.)

Edited by MustrumRidcully, 14 October 2012 - 03:53 AM.

#48 Defekt

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 61 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 04:11 AM

What functionality will the Command Console have?

#49 Sulf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 256 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 11:17 AM

Can we expect changes to the Flamer to more emulate the original weapon? (Expelling super heated plasma directly from the mech's core.) As of now it seems to cause more heat in your own mech than in the target.

What are the environments of the future planned maps? (Desert, Tundra, City, ect)

Can you tell us anything about the future uses of hand actuators and if we'll ever be able to punch other mechs?

#50 Hartsblade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • 772 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 12:27 PM

Hey Garth. Two questions if I may:

1). Will the Devs consider an equipment/component/chassis based salvage system in place or in conjunction with the current Cbill based one?

2). Would the Dev team consider selling "stripped" 'mech chassis in the 'mechlab allowing players to build a variant from the ground up?

#51 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 14 October 2012 - 12:33 PM

Will there be, in the future, a hardpoint-unrestricted Solaris bracket? ;)

#52 Acid Phreak

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,719 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNiedersachsen

Posted 14 October 2012 - 01:06 PM

i want more spoiler

spoiler me Garth ..NOW ;)

expecialy about the matchmaking hotdrop or faction gameplay in that case ..how we can get organized in the warfare? (lobby room? team grouping? pug gameplay?)

how near will u implement the voip feature to the canon radiospeak like lasercom or cryptet radiospeak?

will there be a longtime battlemap or better sandbox like battlematch? or what gameplay modes are planned? last man standing, random drops, search and destroy, domination and other gamemode?

pls give me a leak from ur visions

thx and best regards
Acid Phreak

Edited by Acid Phreak, 14 October 2012 - 01:15 PM.

#53 EmperorMyrf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 740 posts
  • LocationMinnesota, USA

Posted 14 October 2012 - 01:48 PM

This is question is under the assumption that Mech Efficiencies aren't finished yet.

Will there be mech/variant-specific efficiencies in the future? For example, a Jenner could benefit from an extra JJ-maneuverability bonus while an Awesome could benefit from something PPC-specific.

#54 Koningswulf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 184 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSweden

Posted 14 October 2012 - 01:55 PM

Hi Devs!

Some questions, use them as you like :-)

1 Regarding the founders mech, will you be able to upgrade/pay to another variant of the same mech or another mech altogether when they become available into the game?

2 Regarding the hardpoint will you as have been discussed, make them with a maximum weightlimit?
Like ex. hardpoint ballistic (1ton max) or ex. hardpoint missil (5 ton max)
For myself that would really be a good fix towards way to small mechs using way to cumbersome weapons.

3 Will you at some point include mechs or equipment that are only available by purchasing for real cash and make them slightly better than similiar variants? ( I for one and I think most players would not like that but thats just a guess) One of the good things now is that you cant buy success by real cash it is all about skills and good tactis and fellow mechwarriors supporting you good.

4 I am from Sweden but I have noticed that Denmark is not part of Rasalhauge, is that historical or is it a miss?
We Norse like to include Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Iceland and Finland in our future alliances :-D

My english is not my main language so I apology for all gramatical errors and I do hope you can understand me good enough.

#55 Rashhaverak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 612 posts
  • LocationMajestic Waterfowl Sanctuary

Posted 14 October 2012 - 01:59 PM

What are the chances that those of us with flight pedals and joysticks on our Christmas wish list will be able to actually use them effectively in the game? Should I be changing my wish list to a better mouse instead, or will the game be in a state that will support peripherials like foot pedals?

#56 Nathan Foxbane

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,984 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 03:23 PM

I have been fond of the LB-X class of autocannons for quite some time and in all previous games I have been saddened by being restricted to only cluster ammo as it negated all range advantages of the LB-X autocannons. So my question is, is multiple ammunition types and being able to switch between types in battle still on the table or will all weapons be limited to one ammunition type?

#57 Phoenix Branson

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,173 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 14 October 2012 - 06:21 PM

The BattleTech Universe has many manufacturers for various weapons, equipment and engines, why not incorporate them? This would increase mech customization across the board by offering slight variations from different manufacturer models.

Edited by Maverick01, 14 October 2012 - 06:22 PM.

#58 screw ball

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 89 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio, TEXAS

Posted 14 October 2012 - 10:10 PM

Will toggling the middle doors on mechs with them be an option? Like on the centurion if I want srms can I open the door so that extra .5 seconds doesn't spoil my aim?

#59 Chou Senwan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 403 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 10:47 PM

How do you foresee the development team tweaking convergence, if at all? Is it possible or feasible to code it so two torso-mounted gauss rifles -- with barrels located 10 feet from each other -- will always trace two parallel lines 10 feet apart?

#60 deadeye mcduck

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 735 posts
  • LocationOutside the periphery

Posted 15 October 2012 - 12:55 AM

Will there be a way to identify fellow lancemates in battle, say with an icon of some description above their mech?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users