Ask The Devs 21!

68 replies to this topic

#61 Cooler

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 23 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 12:58 AM

Are you thinking of implementing some kind of explosion(when a mech is destroyed)? like in MW4(the light coming out and then dmg-ing everything).Also will you make some kind of chat,better communication between players? because this is very important for a pvp game and right now it isnt feeling ok...i rarely talk to other players

#62 Sarevos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,444 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 15 October 2012 - 01:00 AM

View PostChou Senwan, on 14 October 2012 - 10:47 PM, said:

How do you foresee the development team tweaking convergence, if at all? Is it possible or feasible to code it so two torso-mounted gauss rifles -- with barrels located 10 feet from each other -- will always trace two parallel lines 10 feet apart?

I would actually like to ask if they have quietly nerfed gauss rifle accuracy? Ive noticed alot of people sending their gauss rounds way of mark even when their other weapons hit me squarely

#63 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 15 October 2012 - 03:58 AM

View PostCooler, on 15 October 2012 - 12:58 AM, said:

Are you thinking of implementing some kind of explosion(when a mech is destroyed)? like in MW4(the light coming out and then dmg-ing everything).Also will you make some kind of chat,better communication between players? because this is very important for a pvp game and right now it isnt feeling ok...i rarely talk to other players

There are no plans to add giant explosions when a mech is destroyed- these are not original to the series and were added in certain games, but are not a core part of the franchise.

There is voice chat support for groups, but not yet for pugs. Hopefully they will further integrate C3 into the game so non-grouped players can communicate in the same C3 channel.

#64 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 15 October 2012 - 04:10 AM

View PostMalekhai, on 13 October 2012 - 07:18 PM, said:

Will enviromental bonuses/drawbacks be added in the future? Such as mechs in water or an ice map recieve a increased amount of heat dissipation or vice versa on a desert/ hot map. Also included in my question i was wondering if/when day/night maps will be introduced.
Thanks!

This already happens. Frozen city has additional heat dissipation, Causitc Valley has much poorer heat dissipation, and water cools you if you have heatsinks below the water line (in your legs)

View PostAmadeaus, on 13 October 2012 - 05:04 PM, said:

What are the variants being implemented for the Stalker.

Thank you

Stalker variants was already answered:Stalker - STK-5M; STK-3F; STK-3H; STK-4N; STK-5S.

bonus: all the other variants: Cataphract - CTF-1X; CTF-3D; CTF-2X; CTF-3L; CTF-4X. Trebuchet - TBT-7M; TBT-3C; TBT-5J; TBT-5N; TBT-7K. Cicada - CDA-3M; CDA-2A; CDA-2B; CDA-3C. Raven - RVN-3L; RVN-2X; RVN-4X Spider: SDR-5V, SDR-5k, SDR-5D. JagerMech: JM6-DD, JM6-S, JM6-A.

#65 KitK

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 297 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 05:55 AM

A great deal of discussion has occurred regarding a need for visual representations of hardpoints to change to reflect the gun actually mounted when reconfiguring a Battlemech’s weapons. One side of the debate feels that changes to the weapons mounted create monstrosities that if permitted should at least be reflected visually (For example Ravens and Catapults with large caliber ballistic weapons). Opponents claim that a Battlemech’s weapon load is a matter of information warfare, so no visual clues are necessary, and that shape and size are artist conceptions anyway.

Does the development team consider static visual morphology of gun ports for customized Battlemechs an issue? If yes, would this issue rank as a high, medium, or low priority?

Edited by KitK, 15 October 2012 - 05:56 AM.

#66 Havyek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 3
  • 1,349 posts
  • LocationBarrie, ON

Posted 15 October 2012 - 06:46 AM

Are you planning on implementing a lobby or other area that players can group up, co-ordinate tactics, choose outfits based on the map to be used and chat between themselves without requiring the use of 3rd party software?
If not a lobby specifically, how do you intend to have players gather and form groups before launching into a match?

Edited by BDU Havoc, 15 October 2012 - 08:20 AM.

#67 UPnADAM

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 381 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 07:33 AM

How many mechs do you guys already have planned to be announced that you know for sure? Not asking for names. Basically how many do you have ready to be announced if you were forced to for like mech 17, 18, 19....etc

#68 Sentri

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 09:10 PM

I have one or two questions and hopefully I can convey them in understandable ways. I run in groups of friends (a future Guild? Clan seems out of place here) and we often find that mech variants or group tactics aren't as useful as we might have thought. so my first question is this

Will there be a game mode to test mech builds and/or a sort of war game type mode such as premade 4v4 to practice with teammates and other faction members before being deployed?
Commstar was effective because of their constant training, and I can't help but want to feel the same way. We need practice!

Our Lance Commander has some trouble both piloting a mech and giving orders, partly due to the confusing and messy nature of the tactical map and just plain lack of resources. So my next question is this.
What are the planned features for the Command Console how will it effect commanders. Will there be any 'buyable' upgrades, such as 'one use' support from AI like tanks/SRM or LRM trucks etc.

and on that vein
What changes are planned for the Tactical Map such as multiple waypoints available for the commander, reduced clutter and more information for friendly mechs without having to stare at them to find out who is standing next to you.

Thanks for your time and any responses you might have!

#69 Garth Erlam

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,756 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • YouTube: Link
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 17 October 2012 - 08:06 AM

My bad, I left this open!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users