Ask The Devs 21!

68 replies to this topic

#21 Norris J Packard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,972 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 05:59 PM

Any plans to add more Atlas variants on the 16th?

#22 ManDaisy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationKing Of Flower Beds

Posted 12 October 2012 - 07:12 PM

How are things looking with the concept of the gyro stability meter?

#23 Bitblit

Rookie

• 2 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 12 October 2012 - 07:50 PM

Will there be a realtime API available? Not a web API to view scores and rankings but a game time API to expose displays and controls? Either dynamically loaded and linked libraries, or IPC message passing like sockets? MS Flight Simulator has a rich API allowing for a wide array of third party hardware and software add-ons. I'm an embedded software engineer and would love to write an iPad app for the fun of it to act as an external Multi Function Display (MFD), a PC application to add addition displays, or even release instructions and source code for arduino projects to connect real ***** and switches in place of the keyboard for home cockpit builders.

Not sure why " s w I t c h e s" was bleeped out there.

[sigh]. I meant "k n o b s". And why no posting edit function here?

#24 Vanguard836

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,101 posts
  • LocationOttawa, ON

Posted 12 October 2012 - 09:24 PM

Around what types of changes can we expect in the "alternate" variations of the current maps ?

Edited by Vanguard836, 12 October 2012 - 09:24 PM.

#25 HandofBane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 721 posts
  • LocationHoly Terra

Posted 12 October 2012 - 09:32 PM

Wishful thinking:
Is there a plan to eventually have Comstar or the Word as playable factions, or will they strictly be in the background even post-Tukayyid?

#26 GreatBeer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 536 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 10:11 PM

Will you sell parts to let me change my mechs laser colors? I want everyone to know how much more money I have than them by firing golden laser beams at them.

#27 MannyUK

• PipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 31 posts
  • LocationPeoples Republic of Yorkshire

Posted 12 October 2012 - 10:22 PM

Is TrackIR actually going to be in the game?
Will 3 monitors be fully supported?

I know these have beeen asked over the past year but they are important to me and the whole game experience/immersion.

#28 Vovochka404

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 66 posts
  • LocationRussia/Vladivostok

Posted 12 October 2012 - 10:43 PM

And here i'm again ^_^
  • Is there going to be an utf in game/mechlab chats?
  • How many language translations is planned for the game?

#29 latdheretic

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 04:11 AM

View PostStormwolf, on 12 October 2012 - 03:15 PM, said:

How are your mech prices calculated? Your calculations seem somewhat different when compared to the TT calculations.

The Atlas AS7-K seems to only be half the price of what it should be.

Just look at the following:

The reason has already been answered. Engine prices in Table Top factor in the Weight of the mech. In MWO a 300XL engine once purchaced could just as easily be put in a Jenner, a Centurion or a Atlas. Because of that the Tonnage portion of engine price is calculated assuming an average tonnage rather than the price of a mech, the side effect of this however is that light mechs are more expensive than TT, and heavy/assault mechs cost more.

View PostAdridos, on 12 October 2012 - 09:42 AM, said:

What made you choose the lineup of mediums you recreated for MW:O? The mechs, while pretty good, are non-representatives of medium class and rather wanna-be's of other classes and roles, lacking most of medium mech characteristics.

I have had very similar concerns and questions about medium mechs myself. I then went through the list of medium mechs available in 3050, that are also not unseen, and also have at least 3 variants available in 3050, and found that what was once the classic profile of a medium mech (a well rounded mech with a 86.4 km/h top speed and a 150m jump range) suddenly became very short supply. What I found was that most of the classics are unseen, and those that are not are fairly rare and limited in variants. What we are getting is fair representation of the mechs that meet the criteria.

Edited by latdheretic, 13 October 2012 - 04:12 AM.

#30 UPnADAM

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 381 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 04:31 AM

Is 12v12 still planned? If so any eta?

#31 Nash

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Clan Exemplar
  • Clan Exemplar
  • 658 posts
  • LocationGermany, Freiburg

Posted 13 October 2012 - 05:20 AM

1.)Even if it isn't a question directly concerning the game but what is interesting me... :D : Is there a possibility that you could encounter a complete team of Devs/Mods at a match. e.g. a special event once in a month or something like that?

2.) There will be Clan tags but will they be available only for mercs units or also for units of the different factions?

3.) If you are at the main menu, is it possible to implement a pop up system if you recieve a private message?

4.) Will the complete dev team be up to dress as 'hula-boys or girls' :P and make a picture for the MWO community? ^^

#32 Bloody Moon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 978 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 05:39 AM

So here is my question:

I'd like to develop and later on update a HUD mod which has the same functionality but much different look and layout than the current one.
When will i be allowed to use such mod in-game (as currently for obvious reasons it is discouraged) or will it be allowed at all?

#33 OPLoN

• PipPip
  • 44 posts
  • LocationHellas

Posted 13 October 2012 - 06:09 AM

Concerning Ammo placement and the order that it is used by the weapon .

For example , If I have a ton of ammo in one of my legs and the other in one of my torsos , in which order is the ammo being used first ?

The one that is closer to my relevant weapon OR is it totally random ?

I ponder on this because it is VERY critical to know if I am halfway on my ammo depletion , which part of my mech is still prone to AMMO EXPLOSION !

Thus, if I use LRMs and XL engine for example , and KNOW that my torso Lrm ammo is already used up and I still have my leg ammo , I dont have to worry so much gettin death from above or brawling at closer ranges , where that torso ammo explosion would deliver me instant death .

So , is there any particular order that ammo feed the weapons , and how exactly is that game mechanic being implemeneted ?

Thanks for reading .

#34 Strykeforce

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 74 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 10:16 AM

when will support for Core 2 duo/quad be implemented?

#35 Suberoa Zinnerman

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • 44 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 10:42 AM

Are you planning on having a launch party when you exit closed beta and will us Vancouverites in MWO be invited? :huh:

#36 screw ball

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 89 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio, TEXAS

Posted 13 October 2012 - 11:23 AM

What are your plans for the game breaking gaussapults we see in literally evergame?
why is it that i can fit a HUGE gauss rifle in the spot designed for the machine gun?

#37 KBob

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 308 posts
  • LocationCountry of DEVs

Posted 13 October 2012 - 12:15 PM

View PostGarth Erlam, on 12 October 2012 - 08:21 AM, said:

Sorry for the late posting, ask away!

As I understand from quotes from PC Gamer - people drvien fractions are not going to be introduced right away (community has to mature etc.) therefore many teams will stick to "mercenaries" at least at earlier stages of the game. Will it be possible (as one time deal etc.) to re-calculate loyalty points and all other things taken by those mercenary groups to house loyalty points when "players driven" factions/faction units will be introduced (in case mercenary group (or part of it) would like to declare complete loyalty to the house ) ?

#38 DrnkJawa

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 488 posts
  • LocationIn an urbie aiming at your crotch

Posted 13 October 2012 - 12:18 PM

So do we get a custom skin for participating in the closed beta? XD

#39 Will9761

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,581 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 03:50 PM

Since this era has the Federated Commonwealth, can both Steiner and Davion players fight together?

Edited by Will9761, 13 October 2012 - 06:51 PM.

#40 Amadeaus

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 56 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 05:04 PM

What are the variants being implemented for the Stalker.

Thank you

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users