#81 Aym

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,041 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 12 October 2012 - 06:02 PM

View PostHuge, on 12 October 2012 - 05:58 PM, said:

I'm Curious. When 8v8 premade only match finding is implemented, will it still force mirror weight classes or will any team of 8 go against the first available 8 man team?

That's a great question, I think that will lead to long queue times and difficulty. Wonder what the solution will be...

#82 pinsndneedles

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 286 posts
  • LocationAlegro

Thanks guys! Hopefully the stability will get figured out quickly so Open doesn't have to wait too long. Good call with the MM too, IMO.

#83 Vhyle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts
  • LocationNewark, Ohio

Awesome Paul. I honestly didn't think the 4 man group was coming, but now that it is, the units can focus on that until phase 2 rolls out. It's honestly the best solution, and one I was half expecting, but not really thinking it'd come. Great compromise I think.

I just want to thank the entire PGI development team for their hardwork doing all this programming and coding. There had to have been some very long nights, and I'm sure some people took hits to their private times. You guys may not hear it a lot, or even at all, but we all thank you for the hard work you are putting in.

All of my concerns were addressed and I'm as confident as before that you guys are doing what is in our (the communities) best interests. I'm glad that you guys hear and understand your community. It's extremely refreshing, not very many developers of games really care about their customers concerns. I am glad PGI is setting a better example.

#84 MarlboroReds

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 06:03 PM

well takeing it down to 4 people playing togeahter is STUPID.....if a clan/group cant play togeather because other people dont like being steam rolled because they choose NOT to be part of a group is NOT A SMART IDEA...and i WILL NOT BEING PLAYING that stupid crap untill they get it back to letting clans/groups to play togeather....i DO NOT like being penelized because other people DONT like playing with a group

#85 Phades

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 06:04 PM

Just want to make a note regarding match making specifically. Before the game and website apparently crashed, I had at least one game where the matchmaker only seeded one team before launching. Naturally the only team on the field won via base cap, but it seems like there is something critically wrong that allowed that to occur.

#86 Joe3142

Slothstronaut

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 958 posts
  • LocationUK

They do listen :P

Edited by Joe3142, 12 October 2012 - 06:18 PM.

#87 KBob

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 308 posts
  • LocationCountry of DEVs

View PostPaul Inouye, on 12 October 2012 - 05:29 PM, said:

A response to the major concerns of the community.
Open Beta:

We have decided to push Open Beta back. We agree that the game's current state of stability is not allowing us to get the latest experience across to new and veteran players alike. This is a short push back on the date and will depend on the stability and playability of the build.

It's really encouraging to see devs/publishers taking time to distinguish between whining and concerns and making the right decision (despite of all the pressure). From my side I'd try to spend as much of my time in game as possible to verify that there is no problem with stability.

The only thing that concerns me so far is ping fluctuation between different maps ( I could have 40 on froze and right after 60 on forrest map ... provided that I have stable cable connection it's a bit scary).

Thanks again for the news.

#88 G SE7EN7

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 579 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationGaledon District

Posted 12 October 2012 - 06:05 PM

Soothes my soul to be reading this. Good move Devs, very excited for the future.

#89 DeaconW

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 976 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 06:06 PM

I appreciate the PGI team listening and sharing the plan...what was NOT said concerns me wrt matchmaking...there was NO mention of 12 mech teams...is that still part of the plan?

#90 Cochise

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 642 posts
  • LocationAustin, Texas

Great news and thanks for keeping us up to date! :P

I think all the things you mentioned are great. The 4 person group and then adding another 4 is a good stepping stone to a more complete solution and I think it is wise. I know there will be people with pitch forks but clearly you have a plan and are moving forward to implement it. Good news.

The biggest thing though, is that the delaying the open beta, along with letting the community know where the ship is headed and how you guys want to roll it matchmaking out and community warfare, restores a lot of confidence and good will which the community really needs in order to make new players feel welcome. Awesome stuff. ;)

Thanks for being good stewards of the Mechwarrior Legacy.

Edited by Cochise, 12 October 2012 - 06:18 PM.

#91 Passenger

Rookie

• 8 posts

View PostCabezone, on 12 October 2012 - 05:36 PM, said:

So..the premium time is written weird. Does it start ticking down at open beta? It seemed to say that then started talking about a button like we choose when it starts....which is it?

View PostAiric Gryphon, on 12 October 2012 - 05:55 PM, said:

It's both, like he said premium will start ticking at open beta. At some point within open beta (a few days, a week, whatever) a button will appear. If you click it your premium time will be reset and paused untill you decide to start it. Once you restart it thats final, no way to stop it.

If I'm reading it correctly, you don't click to reset - it's reset and paused automatically when the button "arrives". Then you choose when to start it.

E.g., The Open Beta begins and your premium time begins to tick. It ticks for seven days when the button appears. At that point, your premium time resets and you may start it whenever you want.

You end up having your full time (when you choose) plus any time between the Open Beta launch and the "button arrival".

#92 Zylo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,782 posts
  • Locationunknown, possibly drunk

Posted 12 October 2012 - 06:07 PM

I think the majority of pre-made groups would rather be fighting other groups of 8 anyway. I play nearly 100% of the time in a pre-made and I personally don't mind only being able to run in a pre-made of 4 players if everyone else is also being limited in the same way.

It would be nice to see the option for groups to launch with 5, 6 or 7 players and be matched to a team that also has 5, 6 or 7 players with a warning that choosing a less than full group may not result in a fair match. Sure this may not always end up in a fair match but I think most of us would rather have the OPTION to run a premade of more than 4 but less than 8 rather than telling 3 of our guys to go run random groups because our 8th guy had to log for the night.

#93 stoph

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 95 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

#94 armitage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 396 posts
  • LocationCA

View PostMarlboroReds, on 12 October 2012 - 06:03 PM, said:

well takeing it down to 4 people playing togeahter is STUPID.....if a clan/group cant play togeather because other people dont like being steam rolled because they choose NOT to be part of a group is NOT A SMART IDEA...and i WILL NOT BEING PLAYING that stupid crap untill they get it back to letting clans/groups to play togeather....i DO NOT like being penelized because other people DONT like playing with a group

Lets be honest, you're not making yourself a better pilot by stomping pubbies into the ground over and over. A lance of 4 will be sufficient for the short time until we get 8v8 back. And having a greater chance of premade vs premade will be pure win. Its temporary, its beta.

#95 Cainen

• Pip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationMontreal, Quebec Canada

Posted 12 October 2012 - 06:09 PM

Thank you for the update. Feels very nice I'm sure for the community as a whole to be heard and to feel like we're still in the loop of what's going on.

Cheers.

#96 Bogus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 487 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 06:10 PM

Thanks for the update, good communication is important especially for a game like MWO that attracts older, more thoughtful players who want to know what's going on. One of the reasons CCP Games has done as well as it has is that it's exceedingly forthcoming with its tech-savvy player base, and there's a lot of parallels between EO and the MW franchise. Information = good.

Also glad to hear about choosing when to get premium time, I've missed most of the closed beta due to personal issues and would rather get up to speed and see how things play out than watch my time run out while the game's still in heavy bugfix mode.

#97 Warcloud

• PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Location13th Chamber of Pain...

Posted 12 October 2012 - 06:10 PM

I love you all (Devs), and now offer my first born in tribute...

#98 LanceUy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 126 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 06:11 PM

Appreciate the effort in giving us information. It is very reassuring to know things are being done and the knowledge of it makes waiting much easier.

#99 Scorm

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 230 posts
  • LocationGalveston, Tx

Posted 12 October 2012 - 06:11 PM

Very helpful post. Beyond pleased with the response time.

#100 Parduke

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 84 posts
  • LocationIredell, TX

Posted 12 October 2012 - 06:12 PM

View Postarmitage, on 12 October 2012 - 06:07 PM, said:

Lets be honest, you're not making yourself a better pilot by stomping pubbies into the ground over and over. A lance of 4 will be sufficient for the short time until we get 8v8 back. And having a greater chance of premade vs premade will be pure win. Its temporary, its beta.

Agreed Pubbies got boring anyhow... started coming up with creative (read STUPID things to do to make life challenging)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users