Blazing Aces

397 replies to this topic

#141 KJ Crow

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 177 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 19 June 2012 - 09:19 AM

Hey Sariss, I would say you probably have the best of both worlds time wise... you get to play with the diehard euros early in the evening and are able to play with the Americans as they arrive later on.... plus I am still holding out for at least one particular Canadian to maybe put in an appearence before long!

Edited by KJ Crow, 19 June 2012 - 09:20 AM.

#142 Sarriss

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 203 posts
  • LocationHalifax, NS

Posted 19 June 2012 - 09:32 AM

Really? Who?

#143 KJ Crow

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 177 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 19 June 2012 - 10:43 AM

Don't get fooled by the legendary tag....they have double charged me and I am in the process of returning to Elite!

#144 Red Sun

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 33 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 19 June 2012 - 11:40 AM

I tried posting this much earlier but the website traffic from founders day is making anything on here a pain. But I wanted to submit my application!

If I were ever to join a merc unit, the Aces would be it! Sign me up!

A little about your experience with MechWarrior and BattleTech, or team games in general - in particular League play
I own every mechwarrior game made for PC, including our beloved original "Mechwarrior" (I have the original disks!). I love the mechwarrior series and have read many of the Battletech novels, though I'll be the first to admit I haven't read much in a long time and I've had my complaints about some of the games (controls in MW4 - ew). I don't have a lot of experience in multiplayer, mostly because I don't have a lot of friends to play with locally, and I've never found an MMO that could hold my attention long enough to get me involved in the community. Hurray for MWO!

Why you're interested in the Aces
Cause it's cool? No really, why would anyone want to sign up for a merc unit except for brand recognition and group association? To sign up for the Aces, for me, is an opportunity to pay homage to one of my favorite games (one I still play) and the countless hours I've spent racking up c-bills trading mechs and blowing them up chasing down the men who killed my family. Yay!

What division you are interested in
I feel I would prefer diamond or heart division. I definitely prefer to snipe and stay out of the close quarters fray where combat gets confusing. I have a major preference for energy based weapons and I have built some custom mechs that can obliterate at long range. I'll typically sacrifice engine weight first in order to accomodate the armor and heat sinks I need to pack a punch and take it. In all of my gaming my philosohy has been to kill the enemy before he gets close enough to kill me. A secondary alternative would be the spades - I also like mechs fast and free and I've even done mech racing in MW3 multiplayer.

I love MW1 and I've been excited for MWO because (and correct me if I'm wrong) it seems to hold to some of the original gameplay style that I loved so much in MW1. In the past I've preferred to be a loner and solo in online games, but I want that to end with MWO. I have work and school making demands on my time, but I will make time for this community and this game. And if I get into the Aces, I'll make sure to pull my own weight with the team and ensure that the Aces are remembered!

#145 Sarriss

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 203 posts
  • LocationHalifax, NS

Posted 19 June 2012 - 12:10 PM

Good to see the applications coming in! I know I wear this signature with pride.

#146 stun

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 156 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 12:16 PM

Yo Sarriss, Im in Canada (Calgary)

#147 Sarriss

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 203 posts
  • LocationHalifax, NS

Posted 19 June 2012 - 12:26 PM

Nice! Only 3 hours difference! Getting there. Dunno if you'll care or not, but do you think Tate can fill in for Burris? (Now see if you answer that and admit you are a big fan, I'm going to never leave you alone because finding people on the east coast who give a damn about the CFL is beyond rare.)

#148 Imperius

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 5,747 posts
  • LocationOn Reddit and Twitter

Posted 19 June 2012 - 02:18 PM

Well I'm now a founder :P woot!!!

#149 Sikreci

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 99 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 20 June 2012 - 06:01 AM

Wow, a lot more Legendary people here than I expected to see. I'll be picking up Elite myself when I decide to not be lazy and actually get around to it.

#150 KJ Crow

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 177 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 20 June 2012 - 12:14 PM

View PostJace Nevada, on 20 June 2012 - 06:01 AM, said:

Wow, a lot more Legendary people here than I expected to see. I'll be picking up Elite myself when I decide to not be lazy and actually get around to it.

Well at least one of us is an undercover Founder.... The devs are currently looking at how to remove my legendary status as it seems the servers went insane and mistook me for someone with too much spare cash floating about!

#151 KJ Crow

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 177 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 21 June 2012 - 09:12 AM

Bumping so that this is the top Blazing Aces post... and will all current members stop posting in the 'Other' post to tell the poor guy he got trumped.... I haven't seen him since that post was made so don't actually know if he is even active. These free bumps he keeps getting will just end up shifting this one down.

Everyone else....This is where you come to join THE Blazing Aces, the Original and, on occasion, the best!

#152 Sikreci

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 99 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 21 June 2012 - 10:45 AM

View PostKJ Crow, on 21 June 2012 - 09:12 AM, said:

the Original and always the best!

Fixed that for you.

#153 KJ Crow

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 177 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 21 June 2012 - 08:05 PM

View PostJace Nevada, on 21 June 2012 - 10:45 AM, said:

Fixed that for you.

Was hoping someone would.... (plus the extra bump didn't hurt!)

#154 Victor Morson

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 6,370 posts
  • LocationAnder's Moon

Posted 22 June 2012 - 03:36 AM

I like some of the custom Aces banners I see going on here! Definitely nice to customize the stuff to your style and show the team flag at the same time. Pretty cool stuff!

#155 Sarriss

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 203 posts
  • LocationHalifax, NS

Posted 22 June 2012 - 05:06 AM

There's another blazing aces company?

Kidding! Shameless bump in the name of all that's blazing....aces...you know what I mean.

#156 KJ Crow

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 177 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 22 June 2012 - 07:17 AM

Considering that we call ourselves a 'Battalion'..... just a few more members and we do exactly what we say on the tin!

#157 Sarriss

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 203 posts
  • LocationHalifax, NS

Posted 22 June 2012 - 07:23 AM

We do exactly what we say on the tin? THOSE POOR DECK OF CARDS!! oh you meant the other part...

#158 Sikreci

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 99 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 24 June 2012 - 11:02 AM

Morson's back on his feet now, so PMs regarding the unit and recruitment and such can be sent to him again.

#159 KJ Crow

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 177 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 28 June 2012 - 04:41 AM

Using my 100th post to bump us up from page 3!!.....

Seriously -
Taking Applications from all corners of the globe... have a small group of friends that regularly play together and want to be a part of something bigger?.... form a lance and come on in!.... by launch we will have guaranteed presence on the server during US and UK Peak times with informal lance drops in games through the evenings, with more formalised Company level drops on certain days/ evenings, TS server up and running, established players within a group that has been together through MW3, MW4, Mercs, 3025 and others since then. Mechwarrior experience that is there for you to utilize!

Don't play the hand you are dealt.... Join the Aces and stack the deck in your favour!!!!!

(damn that was cheesey.....anyone got crackers?)

#160 Sarriss

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 203 posts
  • LocationHalifax, NS

Posted 28 June 2012 - 05:51 AM

How are we only one page 3? WE SHOULD BE PINNED TO THE TOP SO THAT ALL CAN BASK IN OUR GLORY BAHAHAHAHAH sorry, that was just to mask a shameless bump in the name of the cards!

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users